Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: RTW Modelling Video Tutorials 1-5 Released

Default RTW Modelling Video Tutorials 1-5 Released

EDIT 10/16/06: The tutorials (completed set) are now located Here: http://www.miydai.com/index.php?board=150.0

Sorry for any confusion to new members looking for them.
    -------------------
    My first 3, in a series of at least 6, RTW Moding video tutorials, have been released.
    The first tutorial deals with importing and basic model preparation.
    The second deals with modelling the actual character.
    The third deals with modelling all his equipment.
    All tutorial videos are 1024x768 Quicktime Movies (mp4).

Instructions:
    -Download the following files to a single location (/My Documents/RTW Modding Tutorials):
    http://www.generalscollective.com/fi...=category&id=3
    (Thanks to General Sun and The Generals for hosting!!!!)

-Make sure you have WinRAR installed.

-Double-click on one archive, and click Extract. Three folders should appear.

-The .mov Videos and .max Scene Files are located in their corresponding folders.

If you have any difficulties, please contact me by posting here, email, or MSN. I'd also like to know what you think of them.
    Dial-up users fear not, if you live inside of the US, I'll be mailing free DVD's of my video tutorials once the series is completed.
    Last edited by Halie Satanus; November 29, 2007 at 04:54 PM.

How come no one is Dling these? The ones I did for the TMA seemed to really help people out... should I break them up into smaller archives?

i'll be sure to give these a look. i just saw them. except the dl times are very long
    Given any number of random, even contradictory metaphysical postulates, a justification, however absurd, can be logically developed.

Mapping advances anybody can use. http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=39035

pinned. very good, even though i didn't watch them yet, but hey a video worth a 1000 pictures!

great ! I'm gonna take these video asap !!!

If anyone knows of a way to get hosting for them, it'd be much appreciated (by the users more than myself). 500 megs is a big DL, and after just a few it'd eat up my bandwidth for the month if I bought a host. I am speaking with someone about getting a sponsor for my website, so if I can pull any income off of that, I'll set up some webhosting for them if people find they help. Or if anyone owns a spare server...

Very good. The time has come to show some effort on 3D modelling. I have to include my list 3D max with this reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor420
    How come no one is Dling these? The ones I did for the TMA seemed to really help people out... should I break them up into smaller archives?
    I just subscribed to the forum to say thank you! Your tutorials did help greatly as I have been trying to learn 3D max on my own (which is very frustrating at times…)
    Please do continue to supply us beginners with such helpful tools.
    I would just suggest that smaller files.

I appreciate your appreciation.

Clients: Caius Britannicus, Waitcu, Spurius, BrandonM, and Tsar Stephan.
    http://www.totalwardai.com

Wow this is sooo neat.

Really cool that you bother to go through all this effort tjust to help others.
    Hopefully we won't see the shortage of modellers in the future

I have done alot of unitmodelling sofar, but have learned most of it myself, but i guess there are tons of things i have missed on the way that makes my modells alot bether.

Big thnx to you Professor420.

EDIT:
    Hohoho... I just found out i live in the stone age

The tutorial is amazing. Just fantastic, for me, it will save me an immense ammount of time.

If you want any feedback, it must be the small, but still very important buttons you turn on an off. (I can give examplett later) Theese buttons, that for you probably is obvious, can give a noob like me real hedakes. Not that you don't mention them, but sometimes they are mentioned a bit fast for my disoriented head.

Other than that, i can't really think of anything that could be done bether. I wish there were some way to pay you bacjk, but i will certanly advertise for it.

-Skel-
    Last edited by skeletor; September 30, 2005 at 06:22 AM.

Age of Vikings and fanatics: Total War

You can pay me back by referring any noobs interested in starting a mod/ being a modeller to this thread, so I don't have to deal with their naivity when they try to start mods by themselves, then spend 2 pages of their thread defending their decision to start a mod with no skills of their own, and then when it's locked, or the discussion dies, they and everyone else forget about the mod and it dies anyway. Thanks.

Firstly, Thanks alot Proffessor...

You inspired us to create our own models with your strong support and kind help. I just want to ask you an question. Do you think to release a "texture mapping" tutorial for your perfect series of tutorials? It could be a magnificent ending to this lesson.

Thank you again...

The next tutorials will be as follows:
    4- UV Mapping
    5- Basic Layout/Texturing
    6- Rigging
    7- Lighting/Rendering/Exporting

I'm going to try to get them done ASAP, though that may not be until some time.

4- UV Mapping
    6- Rigging

Good news! I'm eagerly waiting to see this lessons indeed.

azek's Avatar Libertus

It would be great also if someone could do tutorial how to edit/paint new texture

I watched them yesterday and I must say they were very well done, good work!

The tutorials must be invaluable to beginners. In fact, though having six months experience with max, there was even quite a few things I wasn't familiar with (especially in terms of ways to speed up the workflow). Your modeling technique is simple, clean and effective with a neat result that doesn't look too poly heavy. There are only a couple of things I would've done differently, like for example using target weld instead of "snap to" and then weld, and extruding edges by holding the shift key and moving the edges rather than using the extrude tool (which sends the edges away in directions you rarely want). Also, needless to say, a banner like that wouldn't really be a good idea for RTW models. Really minor things though that mostly depends on circumstances, on the whole I agree every beginner modeler should watch this.

Quote Originally Posted by azek
    It would be great also if someone could do tutorial how to edit/paint new texture
    4- UV Mapping
    6- Rigging

4- UV Mapping
    6- Rigging

No rush man you have done a lot to help us wannaa-be modelers lol but yeah i would want that tut. also thanx a lot man!

7- Lighting/Rendering/Exporting ??

Is this really relevant for the model in a mod, or just for display?

I thought the RTW engine provided diffrent lighting in battlemode..

-Skel-

Age of Vikings and fanatics: Total War

Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast