Page 84 of 84 FirstFirst ... 34597475767778798081828384
Results 1,661 to 1,668 of 1668

Thread: Napoleon Mod Questions & Recommendations

Default Re: Napoleon Mod Questions & Recommendations

Just asking if there is a mod that has Egypt as a playble faction (not mamluks, under Mohamed Ali)

Egyptian nationalist,
    To the best of my knowledge, most inclusive all factions playable mod is NTF That is Napoleon Total Factions. I have spent countless hours with NTF I have played 8 minors and emergent nations. I have had repeated CDT's trying Poland but otherwise it has been a flawless mod. Haven't played as any of the Muslim nations yet. I bought the game many years ago on the day it was launched and playing only Napoleon or the four coalition members gets old. So explore this mod maybe it will give you what you are looking for.
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...Total+Factions
    Ordoprinceps
    Semper Ferox

Thx bro , I tried that mod , but it I was looking for a mod that has the egyptian army, there is a difference between the native Egyptian army raised by Mohamed Ali and the old army which was formed from mamluks and ottoman soldiers

Egyptian Nationalist,
    I understand and agree, the NTF mod was as close as I could come. I have never seen one with the Egyptian Army. Unfortunately most active modders moved on from NTW years ago. There just isn't much new on NTW anymore. In fact most of my favorite links are dead now. Maybe we'll get lucky and CA may come back and revamp this game or the earlier ETW. Sorry I can't be of more help to you.
    Ordoprinceps
    Semper Ferox

Hi everyone!

I’m a long-time player (and lurker here) of CA historical games and a Napoleonic warfare enthusiast. As many here, I’ve never liked the way NTW depicted the art of warfare of that period very much, especially on the campaign map.

I’d like to know if there's a mod that includes the campaign features listed below:

- One turn = one day
    - Land campaign movement approx. 25 km per turn/day for the French, approx. 20 km per turn/day for all other nations (navy movements accordingly)
    - A system of supply depots (for ammo, food rations, clothing etc.) to be installed along the campaign route before marching out (could the tech development tree be used for this?), which renders possible marching orders, or hinders them if there are no accompanying supplies or a virgin territory.
    - A revised system of desertions according to supplies, season, distance from home, morale (higher after a defeat, lower after a victory), etc.
    - Troops created in accordance with the “one turn=one day” feature (i.e. they may take as many as 30 turns)
    - Diplomacy also consistent with the “one turn=one day feature” (i.e. replies from foreign nations may take several turns, according to distance from your faction, before they are received)
    - No tech development tree

If there is no such mod, do you think a 57-year old fogy like me might be able to mod the game to include at least some of the above? Can anyone help or point me to a modding manual or something like that?

Thanks a million!

Quote Originally Posted by chomps View Post
    Hi everyone!

I’m a long-time player (and lurker here) of CA historical games and a Napoleonic warfare enthusiast. As many here, I’ve never liked the way NTW depicted the art of warfare of that period very much, especially on the campaign map.

I’d like to know if there's a mod that includes the campaign features listed below:

- One turn = one day
    - Land campaign movement approx. 25 km per turn/day for the French, approx. 20 km per turn/day for all other nations (navy movements accordingly)
    - A system of supply depots (for ammo, food rations, clothing etc.) to be installed along the campaign route before marching out (could the tech development tree be used for this?), which renders possible marching orders, or hinders them if there are no accompanying supplies or a virgin territory.
    - A revised system of desertions according to supplies, season, distance from home, morale (higher after a defeat, lower after a victory), etc.
    - Troops created in accordance with the “one turn=one day” feature (i.e. they may take as many as 30 turns)
    - Diplomacy also consistent with the “one turn=one day feature” (i.e. replies from foreign nations may take several turns, according to distance from your faction, before they are received)
    - No tech development tree

If there is no such mod, do you think a 57-year old fogy like me might be able to mod the game to include at least some of the above? Can anyone help or point me to a modding manual or something like that?

Thanks a million!
    Chomps,
    After having purchased all the Total War games except WarHammer ( I hate fantasy games), my favorites remain ETW, NTW MTW2, Atilla and RTW2 in that order. Napoleon TW was released in Feb 2010. Its 12 years old which is a lifetime for a game. Most of the best modders have simply moved on. One Modder called Steph is the primary force behind the MOE or Masters of Europe mod. If there is anyone who could address your questions its probably him. Much of the modding on ETW and NTW is pretty easy (but tideous) using PFM. Some things are very difficult so you need someone with the skills of Steph and some are simply impossible because they are hard coded and can't be changed. I have done a lot of modding for myself. Once a modder posts a mod he is inundated by the community with questions and requests and I simply don't have time for it. Steph is so good, that Creative Assembly should have hired him to make NTW into the perfect game but they didn't. BTW, Steph may not even be active anymore, live moves on. I don't expect changes to NTW or modders to be willing to go back and do the work you suggest.

Get yourself Pack File Manager (PFM), and you can do a lot. I don't think I can help you further but I hope this helps.
    Ordoprinceps
    Semper Ferox

Hello,

Don't know if i am in the good place for this question

I'd like to make muskets more "realistics"

I am playing darthmod and i think that muskets are too accurate at distance, i'd like to make changes to make muskets less accurate at distance and more the units are getting closer, more accurate are the muskets like in reality

I think i must play with accuracy in db pack but is there another change i can make with PFM? Someone know?

zercopiteco's Avatar Libertus

Any mod to improve diplomacy? I go 30 turns or less and the allies attack me lol wtf.