Page 83 of 84 FirstFirst ... 3358737475767778798081828384 LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,660 of 1668

Thread: Napoleon Mod Questions & Recommendations

Sigma's Avatar Ducenarius

Default Re: Napoleon Mod Questions & Recommendations

I'm looking for a mod that removes the forts, removes the fantasy units, has a working tech system, and doesn't have a really restricted AoR on factions. So far all the mods I've tried (NTWIII, MoE, LME) have some issue in one of these areas.

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

If you tested the existing mods, and don't fully ike it, I doubt you will find another one... NTW modding acivity is relatively low now.

Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    If you tested the existing mods, and don't fully ike it, I doubt you will find another one... NTW modding acivity is relatively low now.
    Yeah, but take for instance your mod, it would be perfect if you could at least replace the large star fort with just the small ones, which are less buggy, and do some work on the tech tree. I remember there's one tech in particular in the mod that does nothing but increase the cost of unit maintenance.

L'ME seems to have been too ambitious of a mod, I remember some of the campaigns seemed unfinished for a lot of the factions the last time I played it and still included fantastical stuff like steam ships and experimental howitzers. I can't test it out again though because most of the download links are dead and the one that works would have me waiting around 5 hours.

Napoleonic Total War III is another that would be amazing due to their meticulous attention to history, battle mechanics, and detail but the campaign leaves a bit to be desired. Playing a minor faction in NTW III is a study on frustration since there is no AOE system, so if you're a one province faction at game start you can only recruit from your one home province which will limit you to maybe 1 to 1 1/2 army stacks. If you end up at war with a major faction there's a really really good chance you will get steam rolled.

At least with MoE if I knew how to unpack and edit files I'd try to make a submod to make the changes to the star forts, and maybe enable Naples or something as a playable faction lol.
    Last edited by Sigma; May 29, 2018 at 05:17 PM.

Patrician Artifex

Unfortunately, the game engine has too many hardcoded limtiation, and I couldn't make the for work as expected. If you manage to fix it, I'd be happy to know hpoow.
    What tech only increase unti maintenance??

Unfortunately, the game engine has too many hardcoded limtiation, and I couldn't make the for work as expected. If you manage to fix it, I'd be happy to know hpoow.
    What tech only increase unti maintenance??
    I'll post about it in the sub-forum so I don't drive this thread too far off topic.

I was wondering, is there any mod that includes eagles on top of the French battle flags?

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Click the image for some awesome new unit cards for the AIO mod!

Quote Originally Posted by Hader View Post
    If you are looking for a mod with certain features or anything of the like, post your questions/comments about them here. Ask for advice, give advice...I'm sure you all know the deal.
    How to delete rocket units in NTW?

Quote Originally Posted by Hader View Post
    If you are looking for a mod with certain features or anything of the like, post your questions/comments about them here.

Is there a mod that reorganises the unit cards in the recruitment HUD of NTW ? So that i dont see them all in 1 row hidin behind each other. (may rearanging em to more layer vertical and diagonal ? Cus i cant see like 20 units and cant recruit them cus of that in LME/NTW3 mod with additional units, even just the added units from the main mod(s) make it impossible to recruit several units :/

If there is not such a mod i would ask kindly for somebody to help me create one, if the game-coding allows that for NTW and ETW thnks.

Patrician Artifex

Not possible. This part is hard coded. You can edit it a little (see MoE) in the custom battle, but in campaign the only possibility is too make smaller icons, you cannot really reorganize them

Thnks for the fast answere . Lets hope CA will make us modding easyer and give us the game coding sometime at least for NTW and ETW

Is there a mod that has a grand campaign similar to Empire total war, where you start small and expand out? i love the the battle mechanics of NTW, but I really miss the campaign scale of ETW. I've purchased all the DLC, am I missing something there?

Patrician Artifex

With Masters of Europe; you could start as a minor faction, like Portugal, Hessen....

But I don't think there is any mod where you can do the same as a major faction.

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    At least with MoE if I knew how to unpack and edit files I'd try to make a submod to make the changes to the star forts, and maybe enable Naples or something as a playable faction lol.
    I know the NTF mod makes all nations playable including Naples.

But I don't think there is any mod where you can do the same as a major faction.
    Last edited by Leonardo; September 28, 2018 at 06:55 AM. Reason: Quote added.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Today when I was looking around my armies, one of them has a lots of elite units, I realized that something is missing and how do I know if an unit has the elite status or not except for seeing it in the unit name e.g Elite Infantry.

To my knowledge, I dunno so I wonder if a mod exist that adds something like this.

Elite unit
    Unit is immune to attrition

This piece of information can be found in the abilities tab, not only in the unit description, when right clicking on a unit card. Does such a mod exist or is it part of another mod?

If such a mod doesn't exist then see this as a mod request.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Almost a week ago I started a new campaign in ETW and one of the mods I use is this, because I wanted to have some varity of traits and ancillaries added in-game instead of the boring vanilla ones.

Does such a mod exist for NTW?

I am also looking for a mod that adds a British militia unit in the Peninsula campaign without using NTC, which I know does add that British militia unit to the game and that's the only reason of why I use NTC.

Is there anyone who interested in 17th century mod on NTW? I could start making startpos and change design, but i need people, who can make units and write scripts.

Quote Originally Posted by Danylo View Post
    Is there anyone who interested in 17th century mod on NTW? I could start making startpos and change design, but i need people, who can make units and write scripts.
    Why not start making StartPos and change design first then post about it here and ask for help with other stuff.

Leonardo, NTW has far better battles and other improvements over ETW. A game starting at 1700 would be great, really ETW with NTW improvements. I love it!
    Ordoprinceps
    Semper Ferox

Quote Originally Posted by ordoprinceps View Post
    Leonardo, NTW has far better battles and other improvements over ETW. A game starting at 1700 would be great, really ETW with NTW improvements. I love it!
    I know and that's why I favor NTW over ETW, but when it comes to campaign map ETW is outstanding while NTW has more detailed campaign map.

Leonardo, I agree the ETW Campaign map is outstanding. I would have loved it if CA would have made and ETW 2. Not sure how I could assist you with a ETW version of NTW, but I am open to suggestions. I play ETW more because of the campaign but NTW is superior in most every respect. I also am fascinated with the 1700's.
    Ordoprinceps
    Semper Ferox