Page 7 of 84 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516173257 ... LastLast

Thread: Napoleon Mod Questions & Recommendations

Graphic's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: Mod Recommendations

I want larger unit sizes but none of the extra stuff that comes with most of the mods that have this feature. Is there a mod JUST for extra unit sizes? If not, how can I edit this myself?

Quote Originally Posted by Graphic View Post
    I want larger unit sizes but none of the extra stuff that comes with most of the mods that have this feature. Is there a mod JUST for extra unit sizes? If not, how can I edit this myself?

You can easily edit this yourself without a mod. Just go into the User\AppData\The Creative Assembly\Napoleon\Scripts folder (in Vista...), and open the Preferences.Script.txt. Obviously backup the file before changing anything...

Search for the line "campaign_unit_multiplier", which should have a value of 1, and change it to 2 if you want double-size units, 3 if you want triple, etc. I use 2.5 for line infantry formations of 400 men. Note this does not change the number of cannons in a unit, only the actual men. Next change gfx_unit_scale from 0 to 3. This widens the formations (I think), allowing you to still have 3 ranks deep with 400 men.

There are some values (1.1, 1.3 and others I believe) which don't work or crash the game or whatever. At least they did in Empire, haven't tried many variations with Napoleon yet. All the even numbers and .5 increments work to my knowledge.

My wish list:

• I would also like to see a little less long-range accuracy without affecting close range.
    • I would like to see two ranks (only) fire with the front rank kneeling... whoever does this will be my hero
    • I would LOVE!!! to see someone use the new number-limited abilities concept of generals and artillery, and apply it to grenadiers, letting them throw maybe 1-3 grenades but that's it... I am well aware that grenades were no longer used by the Napoleonic era grenadiers, but it makes for fun gameplay and more unit variety, and it COULD happen in a historical sandbox setting (they used to use them, after all...). The grenades would need to be more like in Empire though, not the very weak effect they have in Napoleon in which a volley from muskets does more damage with less risk.
    • Speed reduced a little bit, though not a lot (I hate mods where the units look like they are floating because the animation moves so slow, and cavalry charges end before they even hit anything...)

Other than that I'm pretty happy with Napoleon for the moment, although that could change.

GodofCats's Avatar Libertus

Icon11 Larger Unit sizes?

I searched around for a bit, but couldn't find a MOD for this... am I just being an imbocile, or has one not been made yet?

P.S. By larger unit sizes I mean increasing the size of infantry to > 200 and cavalry to > 60, etc.
    Ah, I'll rest now, yes? The endless dream calls to me... but before I close my eyes, I must know - what will become of my children? They were madmen before I found them and freed them from the prisons of their own minds... *sigh* and with my death, madmen they again will be. It's not what I believe. It's what I know.

Edimonde's Avatar Foederatus

Default Re: Larger Unit sizes?

No there hasnt been released a mod yet. But if you want, you can try to enlarge the unit sizes yourself.

Heres a description of how to do this:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=335867

Overclocking is not a mod. You really should not post that, someone will melt a processor.

I'm not a modder, I'm a history-lover. If one of the modders here can do something about those overstrength rebel-armies, I would welcome that.
    It's very logical that rebel-armies appear, especially after looting etc, so that should remain in the game.

However, it's not normal, logical that those rebellious armies are much better than the previous regular army. They are recruited in 'caves and woods' but have better soldiers and weapons than the conquered country they serve. That's impossible.

Could anybody make them weaker?

Greets from Belgium.

Edimonde's Avatar Foederatus

Overclocking? This isnt overclocking. Nobody will melt a prosessor ,go away weird person.

This mod increases unit sizes.

It's called Napoleon: Total Combat, and it is my favorite mod that is released thus far. Check it out!

Default Need a Mod for increasing number of cannons when you increase unit sizes..

Need a Mod for increasing number of cannons when you increase unit sizes...

Currently i have 320 troops per regiment... But cannons are still four. Can we fix this?

Graphic's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Antoninus View Post
    You can easily edit this yourself without a mod. Just go into the User\AppData\The Creative Assembly\Napoleon\Scripts folder (in Vista...), and open the Preferences.Script.txt. Obviously backup the file before changing anything...

Search for the line "campaign_unit_multiplier", which should have a value of 1, and change it to 2 if you want double-size units, 3 if you want triple, etc. I use 2.5 for line infantry formations of 400 men. Note this does not change the number of cannons in a unit, only the actual men. Next change gfx_unit_scale from 0 to 3. This widens the formations (I think), allowing you to still have 3 ranks deep with 400 men.

There are some values (1.1, 1.3 and others I believe) which don't work or crash the game or whatever. At least they did in Empire, haven't tried many variations with Napoleon yet. All the even numbers and .5 increments work to my knowledge.
    Thanks, it worked

Default Re: Need a Mod for increasing number of cannons when you increase unit sizes..

There is a way of doing so by modding a certain file. Which i'm not familiar with.

Alternatively... you could download the excellent mod "Napoleon:Total Combat Thorized version" from here:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=338786

Which includes larger unit sizes, aswell as increased artillery pieces!.

gord96's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Need a Mod for increasing number of cannons when you increase unit sizes..

yeah grab Total Combat. Sounds exactly what you are looking for.

Default [REQ] Formation mod

I'd rather like a mod that improves the AI formation.
    I think one of the fundamental flaws is that the AI is unable to utilize reinforcements.

This might be ludicrous if you're playing with norma unit size, seeing as an army of 1800 men is too small to stretch itself and at the same time have backup, but it should be workable with the larger unit sizes that most people play with (aka 400 men in a unit).

Is there any mod that just adds double rank fire nothing else?

joreto's Avatar Tiro

Yes I am searching for that kind of mod too ? Can someone make a mod where the cannons in a unit are 8 ?
    &

if you used thorized mod and you set you unit size to large instead of huge you get 7 cannons per men

Quote Originally Posted by joreto View Post
    Yes I am searching for that kind of mod too ? Can someone make a mod where the cannons in a unit are 8 ?
    The absolutely quickest way for you accomplish this is to download the packfilemanager yourself, download any random mod that has the table "unit_stats_land" in it and then either use the mod itself or extract the table and make your own modfile.

In the third column, labeled "Number of artillery", put 8 instead of the current 4. Save or extract or whatnot. Many roads to the same goal.

The pfm is very easy to use after just a few minutes, most of the important columns are named and the values rather self-evident for the most part.

Default Can sombody make this

Could somebody make a mod that makes it so its possible to recruit as many of a certain type of unit as you want? I have tried the PFM but to no avail, I have no modding no how what so ever.

LangerKerl's Avatar Laetus

I know this might be a long stretch but would it be possible to implement the presence of a bagpipe player/bagpipe march into the Black Watch and Highland Foot units? i know there has been a mod to change the march of the British to a bagpipe medley, but could it be done specifically for those two types of units? i think it would be impressive to see the Black Watch advancing under deadly cannon fire to the screeching sounds of bagpipes and snare drums.
    I recommend a tune like "Farewell to the creeks" or "blue bonnets", unless of course the Black Watch had their own bagpipe march (which im sure they did)
    just a thought, and it may not even be possible but im sure many people will agree with me that it would be a cool enhancement to the game