Page 5 of 84 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314153055 ... LastLast

Thread: Napoleon Mod Questions & Recommendations

Default More simple grass

I found that grass settings greatly affect performance.
    Game options only affect the number and distance of grass. Perhaps there is a way to degrade the quality of rendering of grass? Polygons, or as it is properly called..

Default Re: "We want a campaign with Sweden"-mod

Quote Originally Posted by DisposableHero View Post
    I would love to do just that, Vasa121, but I would hate to do it with half the country cut off. Guess I will just have to wait for an 'extended europe map' mod
    Yeah, that'd be great
    "I came, I saw, and I didn't believe my eyes!"

Default Re: More Turns !

4 turns/month with winter,spring,summer and autumn would be perfect!

I'm waiting this mod foer begin my campaign (coalitions)...

Noif de Bodemloze's Avatar The Protector of Art
    Content Emeritus

Default Re: More Turns !

Absolutely, We need more turns! I feel that i can do anything in short-time. Even ETW had better turn-limit, but NTW is too short.

skimyy's Avatar Civis

Default Re: [REQ]Blood mod

A definite need. I need to see blood splatter on my enemies when i shoot them with a volley of canister shots.

Also, the screams could be better too. NTW screams sound really retarded, they had the most demotivating and unimpacted screams of all time. ETW scream mod was way better.
    Last edited by skimyy; February 28, 2010 at 09:40 AM.

Default Re: More simple grass

Yeah i used to be amazed in mtw2 that by turning the grass right down that it really made a difference

We need a lawnmower mod!
    Nobody expects the Imperial Inquisition

Maximus_54's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Vasa121 View Post
    LOL??!! LOL??!! What gives you the rights to LOL Sweden??? I explained my first post that if Sweden were playable, you would be able to rewrite history, and make Sweden a Major Power again.
    That's WHAT Sweden would be if I may tell you! Sweden might not be the best or biggest country now, but the fact is that Sweden could have been a great power in Europe, if the ruler of that time hadn't been such a bad politician and commander! Do you want me to LOL your country, eh??? I'm you, Maximus
    Thats a dumb thing to say considering thats why all countries fail, Retarded countries with stupid fail boat blood lines for leaders. What-if is a meaningless statement....

S-te-Fan's Avatar Primicerius
    Diessen, The Netherlands, Near the belgium border.

Default Re: More simple grass

Gras is made out of alpha maps. That means every grass element has only 2 polygons. So you just need to have less or no grass to increase performance. If you tune down the alpha maps you'll get very ugly grass.

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus_54 View Post
    Thats a dumb thing to say considering thats why all countries fail, Retarded countries with stupid fail boat blood lines for leaders. What-if is a meaningless statement....
    ... Right.

EmperorBatman999's Avatar I say, what, what?

Then why play total war instead of a history simulator?

Bongfu's Avatar Senator

Funny thing is, if you unlock Sweden and play it, it has a narrator giving you advice on your campaign. So did CA intend for Sweden to be playable?
    Lorehammer - Team Lead
    A Radious Total War: Warhammer Sub-mod

I noticed that to. I was thinking why did they do that for an unplayable faction.

Realistically - they probably scrapped the idea, but kept stuff in there.

But more amusingly, it was a treat for us modders. :p

The Total War series wasn't created to give people a chanche to LOSE the great wars and battles because they were lost in reality.
    For excample, I WON the battle of Poltava with Sweden, though victory was Russian
    Last edited by Vasa121; March 01, 2010 at 11:25 AM.

What-if is by the way an excellent way to learn from history, and it's always good fun to rewrite history in total war-games, not making the mistakes of the historical persons

There is a mod out for you guys to download which Unlocks Sweden go to the Released NTW Mods Section and look for StartPos Mods.

EmperorBatman999's Avatar I say, what, what?

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan262 View Post
    There is a mod out for you guys to download which Unlocks Sweden go to the Released NTW Mods Section and look for StartPos Mods.
    But until there are VC's and the FOW fixed (I hate the all-seeing eye abbillity, but I don't want FOW everywhere either, they need to make the FOW like it is for Vanilla factions).

Agreed EmperorBatman , but it's good enough for me now.

Default Re: Mod Recommendations

I would really like to see a mod, where artillery would not target generals all the time, as soon as they get a chance.

Default Re: Mod Recommendations

best we can do there so far is make arty a little less accurate, my humble tyrant mod in the mod section does this a bit amongst a few other things....

Not sure what ai lines command arty target priorities yet... but after the projectile tables are out we will be able to nerf cannons a bit more so there not all so sniper accurate.
    Last edited by Dogmeat; March 03, 2010 at 03:43 AM.