Page 32 of 84 FirstFirst ... 72223242526272829303132333435363738394041425782 ... LastLast

Thread: Napoleon Mod Questions & Recommendations

Default Re: How do you play as another nation?

i changed it and im still only getting hungary, west phalia, poland, and venice.
    should i just give up? its been a week of this and ive barely managed to get 4 new nations.

dude, dont give up, ive been there. now when you double click the NTF desktop icon, there should be a menu with an option to play in european campaign(or Egypt, or Italy, or vanilla). click on it. then there should be MULTIPLE sets of 4 nations. (im not really sure as im still playing NTF 2.0) just find the set with the faction you want to use and click on it. then the game will launch. in the main menu click on "CAMPAINGS OF THE COALITION". the set you chose should show the 4 nations to choose from. simple as that.

report back.
    Last edited by crucify_ego; August 15, 2010 at 07:06 PM.

only 8 nations and the campaigns are different between the two. In the blue one the map is the same, in the red there are ALL nations... like poland and belgium.

i dont know then cause i dont have NTF 3.0. what faction do you want to use?

denmark

Default Re: Unit Experience

Quote Originally Posted by faramir.... View Post
    is there a way to change the amount of experience a unit can get in the campaign. cos you can only get get a maximum of 6 in the campaign but it goes alot higher than that in custom battle. anyway i can edit the experience file so it can go higher than 6?
    Well, in theory you can get all the experience in Campaign that you can get in Custom Battles, only it's difficult. When your unit takes casualites it has to replace them with newer recruits, so it loses experience. If you want to have lots of really experienced units I would recommend Radious's Experience Mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=339177

THEMIK DK's Avatar Senator

Default Re: additional units for Italian factions?

or LME

A 1500-1680 Total War FTW!!!

Icon14 Best experience

Hello guys,

I'm about to start playing Empire or Napoleon again and I was simply wondering how I can get the best campaign experience?

Was thinking about the Napoleon all in one mod or the Darthmod for Empire but I'm not sure whats good any more. I want the best, what do you reckon?

Default Re: Best experience

For an overall great experience go with the "All in One" mod but if you only want huge campaign changes try the "Europe in Conflict" Mod. "Darthmod Ultimate Commander" is by far the best mod for Empire.

Thanks for the fast response! I think I will try the All in One mod. I'm still open for more suggestions thought.

Only problem is the All In One mod is not Steam-compatible, but it's supposed to be really good though.

Default Background Battlefield Sounds

Is there a mod, or could a mod be made which substitutes music for battlefield noises? (cannon fire, sporadic small arms fire, etc...) I saw this done as a mod for a game called Close Combat some years ago and the result was fantastic!

Aberle

M2TWRocks's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Background Battlefield Sounds

Quote Originally Posted by Aberle View Post
    Is there a mod, or could a mod be made which substitutes music for battlefield noises? (cannon fire, sporadic small arms fire, etc...) I saw this done as a mod for a game called Close Combat some years ago and the result was fantastic!

Aberle
    Close Combat!? Some years ago, indeed. That was such a cool game when it came out, although I started with Close Combat II. There isn't a mod like that for NTW currently, but its a good idea. Although I'm not sure it makes sense for this time period.

Default Re: Mod Recommendations

There's any mod that is on "medieval" era,like,units using swords,these kind of things?For NTW
    It's all just a game!

Default Re: Background Battlefield Sounds

I also started with Close Combat II! And I became a fan of the series all the way to 5. Awesome games!

Yeah, with regard to the battlefield sounds I guess I thought it would give you the feeling of the battle being much greater than it is. The battles we get to play in the game are very limited in scope, I thought the sounds of more cannons in the background -or even in the distance- would give it that feel.

Default Re: Mod Recommendations

Can anyone recommend mods that change the BAI and CAI?
    I've tried Lutnik's BAI mod and used some CAI mod I cant remember what's called. But I hope you all will be able to help me.

scoobiedoo's Avatar Foederatus

Default Re: Best BAI mod?

Napoleon order of war has a great BAI.

'Gunny's Avatar Überrock über alles
    Content Emeritus

Lines of battle too

yes, i just saw it

A 1500-1680 Total War FTW!!!