Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Larger Unit Sizes/Bigger Battles.

joreto's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: Larger Unit Sizes/Bigger Battles.

How can I change the numbers of the guns in the artilerry so that they could match the bigger numbers ?
    &

Methoz's Avatar Senator
    Bohemia (Czech: Čechy; German: Böhmen) (CZE)

can i change in this script time of recruitment?
    TotalWarForum.cz
    Česko-Slovenské fórum o hrách ze série Total War

♔Icebear77♔'s Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by joreto View Post
    How can I change the numbers of the guns in the artilerry so that they could match the bigger numbers ?
    Make shure that one gun has 6 men.

that means

1 gun = 6 men
    10 guns = 60 men
    20 guns = 120 men...

Greetz

Ice

Quote Originally Posted by Methoz View Post
    can i change in this script time of recruitment?
    You can change the recruitment in the new_patch.pack (you need PFM), or download one of my files. Open Table unit_tables. There you have the possibility to change the time of rectuitment (6th column).

Just curious has anyone tried to put a 500 man unit into one of those buildings on the battle maps yet? Does it look wonky? Any issues trying to form battle lines with the larger sized units in the towns and citys on the battle maps? With the larger sized inf & cav units and only regular sized cannon units has it changed gameplay? I.E. if you've got less Inf then your opponet but greater cannon it seems that your now at a disadvatage as you've got to kill a greater number of Inf with the same 3 cannon sized units as in vanillia. I would assume that in the Campaign your really up against it early as most of your foes have full stacks vs your half? In the vanillia I've been able to fend off larger vanillia forces due to my cannon usage. Again just curious before a noob goes in and starts editing scrips ect.

Thanks
    Last edited by generalrules; March 05, 2010 at 07:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by generalrules View Post
    Just curious has anyone tried to put a 500 man unit into one of those buildings on the battle maps yet? Does it look wonky? Any issues trying to form battle lines with the larger sized units in the towns and citys on the battle maps? With the larger sized inf & cav units and only regular sized cannon units has it changed gameplay? I.E. if you've got less Inf then your opponet but greater cannon it seems that your now at a disadvatage as you've got to kill a greater number of Inf with the same 3 cannon sized units as in vanillia. I would assume that in the Campaign your really up against it early as most of your foes have full stacks vs your half? In the vanillia I've been able to fend off larger vanillia forces due to my cannon usage. Again just curious before a noob goes in and starts editing scrips ect.

Thanks
    Did you play DMUC-Mod with Empire?

If you try do put an 500men-unit into a building, which can not handle this mass of men, yes it looks strange

Yes, the BAI can handle this size of units and forms normal battlelines as the BAI would do with smaler units.

If the AI has more art as you and less inf, that can occur in a normal battle as well. The key is, your army should have a good mix of all troops. If you have, there should be no problem to defeat an KI-army with more art as you have. I.E. if you've got changed your file artillery x2, you dont need to recruit as many art, if you dont want more, than you usaly use (but you have a slot free in your army to fill it with another unit).

But think about these guys which cant play on ultra. If you have to play NTW with small unit-size, your art has almost no effect (1 gun = 1 unit).

Greetz

Ice

Thanks Ice for your reply. I passed on ETW but did play MTW2 with Stainless Steel and larger units. I guess what I was saying was in vanilla where a line inf unit = 120 now under the mod a line inf can now equal 500. So if you mod the infantry and not the cannon then your really looking at long odds for trying to defeat with a smaller force. It sounds like you've got to change the cannon scrips to get more cannon to deal with the larger inf units. 6 cannon (plus some line inf) against an AI inf force of 840 (7 AI line units in vanillia) is a good fight but 6 cannon vs 3500 inf under the mod whoa where's the retreat button!
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by generalrules View Post
    Thanks Ice for your reply. I passed on ETW but did play MTW2 with Stainless Steel and larger units. I guess what I was saying was in vanilla where a line inf unit = 120 now under the mod a line inf can now equal 500. So if you mod the infantry and not the cannon then your really looking at long odds for trying to defeat with a smaller force. It sounds like you've got to change the cannon scrips to get more cannon to deal with the larger inf units. 6 cannon (plus some line inf) against an AI inf force of 840 (7 AI line units in vanillia) is a good fight but 6 cannon vs 3500 inf under the mod whoa where's the retreat button!
    Thanks
    Thats one of the reasons, that i made the file with x2 Art (ultra = 8 guns / unit). You cant compare the art from ETW and NTW, because (my opinion) the art from NTW is very powerfull. If you are in range of the art, your line will be decimated fast by shrapnell-shots from 8 guns.

Try it out, and let me know, what kind of changes you would prefer. I thing, you will see, the art is powerfull enough to fight against a 3500-men army.

Greetz

Ice

joreto's Avatar Tiro

Icebear77 thanks for answering but I still dont understand how to change the cannon number( I think that 8 or 10 cannons would be the best choice). Is it form the preferences.script file ?

Edit Just saw your post on page 3
    Last edited by joreto; March 06, 2010 at 02:49 AM.
    &

Thoragoros's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by joreto View Post
    Icebear77 thanks for answering but I still dont understand how to change the cannon number( I think that 8 or 10 cannons would be the best choice). Is it form the preferences.script file ?

Edit Just saw your post on page 3
    Yes, it is six men per cannon.
    Founder of The Great War - A WWI Mod, Creator of Thorized - Napoleon: Total Combat

Where Gods Walk Among Men
    The Line of Thor
    Patron of: Bethencourt, Hip63, m_1512

Under the Patronage of Captain Blackadder, Member of the Legion of Rahl.

Personally I dont like big battles, it becomes messy and hard to keep track of. I play with Medium unit sizes, Perfect! lol

Anyway to get this working for MPC?

Senator

This works also in multiplayer campaign too?

Good question. I think, if you have these changes as a mod-file (not movie-file) and your opponent too, it could work...

Thoragoros's Avatar Citizen

To have larger battles in MPC, as I understand it, you must both be playing with a modded set of files, and the modded filles must perfectly mirror each other.

That is, of course, if modded files can be used at all in mp games.
    Founder of The Great War - A WWI Mod, Creator of Thorized - Napoleon: Total Combat

Where Gods Walk Among Men
    The Line of Thor
    Patron of: Bethencourt, Hip63, m_1512

Under the Patronage of Captain Blackadder, Member of the Legion of Rahl.

Quote Originally Posted by Thoragoros View Post
    To have larger battles in MPC, as I understand it, you must both be playing with a modded set of files, and the modded filles must perfectly mirror each other.

That is, of course, if modded files can be used at all in mp games.
    Me and my friend have both made the same changes in the preferences file and yet when we go to play the MPC the unit sizes revert back to default. Any chance you could help me out here?

Changing the pref-file does not have an effect in MP. If you want bigger units in MP, you have to use the same mods both.

Hello guys, i'm a long time reader of the forums, but it's only now i really needed to ask some favors.

The whole unit size increase tweak is really add realism of the game IMHO. But there is a really big problem in solo campaign play: MONEY! (especially in E:TW)
    Unit recruitment costs and upkeep cost is calculated according to unit size (men count). So, if i increase the unit size, lets say 4 times, it coust also 4 times. To make my campaign games balanced i need a way to increase also money gain.
    So, i must increase trade, tax and resources money gains by 4. But also i want to increase building costs accordingly. How can i do that? I can't find any mod or utility to change those values.
    Any one to help?
    Also, I didn't figured out how I can increased the size of atillery units. I get that one artillary must have six men. But how can I add more cannons?

Ps.: BTW, I never saw any CTD playing with 640 sized units.

Quote Originally Posted by Icebear77 View Post
    Changing the pref-file does not have an effect in MP. If you want bigger units in MP, you have to use the same mods both.
    So how would I go about doing that? Are there any mods released that increase unit size?

Quote Originally Posted by apecallum View Post
    So how would I go about doing that? Are there any mods released that increase unit size?
    Yes there are...for example this one http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=338437

or you can find another in this thread http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1438

Make shure, that you and your friend has the same mod and installed properly.

Greetz

Ice

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast