Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Larger Unit Sizes/Bigger Battles.

Thoragoros's Avatar Citizen

Default Re: Larger Unit Sizes/Bigger Battles.

Quote Originally Posted by Epic View Post
    I've done exactly as instructed in this the original post, but for some reason my game keeps on CTD about 2-3 minutes in. I first set unit multiplier to 1.5 and it crashed. Changed it to something else and it crashed again. Disabled the read-only option and it crashed again. Deleted the preferences.txt script and started up a new one. It keeps on crashing when I change the unit multiplier option. If I leave it at it's original value of 1 and play with ultra settings, the game runs smoothly with no crash.

Can anyone help me?
    First off, after the changes, do you get to play at all, that is, do the battles themselves start at all?

If the battles start and then crash, then it might be that you can't handle the larger unit sizes. What processor are you using?

Second, what are the other values you have tried? As I said, not all sizes work, such as the ones I listed.
    Founder of The Great War - A WWI Mod, Creator of Thorized - Napoleon: Total Combat

Where Gods Walk Among Men
    The Line of Thor
    Patron of: Bethencourt, Hip63, m_1512

Under the Patronage of Captain Blackadder, Member of the Legion of Rahl.

How can we have more soldiers in the units in multiplayer, playing with AI only?

Default Re: Tutorial: Larger Unit Sizes/Bigger Battles.

Quote Originally Posted by DrMabutu View Post
    What have you got as a mulitpul for uints that size

Quote Originally Posted by Thoragoros View Post
    First off, after the changes, do you get to play at all, that is, do the battles themselves start at all?

If the battles start and then crash, then it might be that you can't handle the larger unit sizes. What processor are you using?

Second, what are the other values you have tried? As I said, not all sizes work, such as the ones I listed.
    Basically the game crashed on me 4 times. The first time I got to play for like 5 minutes, as soon as I marched on Genoa in the Italian campagin it CTD. Than I went to play quick battles and it would crash 2-3 mintues into the battle. But with default values it runs perfectly. I've tried 1.5, 1.6, 1.7 and 1.8.

I doubt it's my machine. Specs are as follows -
    Core 2 Duo E6600 running at 2.8GHZ
    Sapphire ATI Readon 4870 1GB
    4GB RAM
    More than enough HD space, still have 500GB free.
    OS Windows 7 Ultimate
    I run all settings on Ultra at 1920x1080 with 2x AA and SSAO off.

Hope you can help me because after seeing the larger unti sizes, the regular ultra just feels lackluster now.

Default Re: Tutorial: Larger Unit Sizes/Bigger Battles.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogu3granny View Post
    What have you got as a mulitpul for uints that size
    A 3.5 multipier. So units that are 160 man become 560 man and cavalry are 210 men strong.

Got it to work, No CTD now, played 3 battles with 1.5 multiplier. Basically this time around I deleted preference.scripts again, went into the game and changed the settings to my preferences. Set unit scale to ultra. Than I went to preference.script and ONLY changed the multiplier to 1.5 and left "gfx_unit_scale" untouched, value being 0. Works perfectly now with 240 men with no drop in performance, still playing it at an avg 30 FPS with everything on ultra.

In case anyone is having a similar CTD issue like me, try what I did.

Got it to work, No CTD now, played 3 battles with 1.5 multiplier. Basically this time around I deleted preference.scripts again, went into the game and changed the settings to my preferences. Set unit scale to ultra. Than I went to preference.script and ONLY changed the multiplier to 1.5 and left "gfx_unit_scale" untouched, value being 0. Works perfectly now with 240 men with no drop in performance, still playing it at an avg 30 FPS with everything on ultra.

In case anyone is having a similar CTD issue like me, try what I did.
    Excellent. Gald to see you got it working!
    Founder of The Great War - A WWI Mod, Creator of Thorized - Napoleon: Total Combat

The Line of Thor

maxsim666's Avatar Miles

Basically the game crashed on me 4 times. The first time I got to play for like 5 minutes, as soon as I marched on Genoa in the Italian campagin it CTD. Than I went to play quick battles and it would crash 2-3 mintues into the battle. But with default values it runs perfectly. I've tried 1.5, 1.6, 1.7 and 1.8.

I doubt it's my machine. Specs are as follows -
    Core 2 Duo E6600 running at 2.8GHZ
    Sapphire ATI Readon 4870 1GB
    4GB RAM
    More than enough HD space, still have 500GB free.
    OS Windows 7 Ultimate
    I run all settings on Ultra at 1920x1080 with 2x AA and SSAO off.

Hope you can help me because after seeing the larger unti sizes, the regular ultra just feels lackluster now.
    Hi Epic I experienced same problem in ETW and I've got I7 760 hd5770 4gb ram and plenty of hd free space, oddly with old E8600 and ati hd4670 ctd recurred less often. At the end I found this http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=238484 read it and please take a look for link about windows memory management and large address aware programs
    I did how is tell in it and after that with unit multiplier and mass recruiting, plenty of mods, graphics settings on ultra I experienced only one time CTD.
    Good luck
    "In hostem celerrime volant"

- Voloire -

Stinkfloyd's Avatar Tiro

Is this save game compatible?

Quote Originally Posted by Stinkfloyd View Post
    Is this save game compatible?
    Yes, but the changes require a new game to take effect. That is, you will be able to play your old saves, but you will not have the larger sizes.

The Line of Thor

♔Icebear77♔'s Avatar Biarchus

What dies this have for an effect? I ask, because it works without this step too. I had every option on ultra and i didnt change the gfx_unit_scale and all works fine.

3) You will next need to change a line entitled gfx_unit_scale

Make sure your line looks like this,

gfx_unit_scale 3; # gfx_unit_scale <int>, Set unit scale. 0 - lowest, 3 - ultra #

What this does is set the scale of units when your unit scale is set on 'Ultra.'

Thanks

Ice
    Last edited by ♔Icebear77♔; March 03, 2010 at 09:51 AM.

It is, in essence, to make sure that 'Unit Scale' is set to Ultra, because if you change Unit Scale after making the changes, you will need to reset the Script.

The Line of Thor

Great!! Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by panzerschreck View Post
    How can we have more soldiers in the units in multiplayer, playing with AI only?
    Yeah that would be great anyone crack that yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Dartanianx View Post
    Yeah that would be great anyone crack that yet?
    for the moment, nobody seem to know how to do...

Uh I can't find the AppData folder. I have Vista and I am looking where you said but I can't find it.

Quote Originally Posted by Maj.Gen. John E. Hawkins View Post
    Uh I can't find the AppData folder. I have Vista and I am looking where you said but I can't find it.
    Go to control panel/folder options and make sure you have it set so that hidden files can be visible, otherwise you will not be able to see AppData.

The Line of Thor

Is there any way of making the square formations 4 instead of 2 ranks deep? they look a little ridiculous now with the unit sizes as they are...
    'Ecce, Roma Surrectum!' Beta Tester and Historian
    Under the proud patronage of MarcusTullius

If you dont want to change the preference-script-file, use these files in this thread

Installation:

- Download das File von FileUpload
    - Das File in den Data-Ordner verschieben

Installation:
    - Download the file from FileUpload
    - Copy this file into your Data-Folder

Zu beachten:
    - MP ist mit dem File nicht kompatibel. Um wieder MP-Kompatibel zu sein, die Datei einfach wieder aus dem Data-Ordner raus verschieben
    - Es muss keine user.script erstellt werden, da dies keine "mod"-Files sind
    - Armeen, die am Start bereits vorhanden sind, sind noch nicht editiert, sprich haben noch die alte Einheitenstärke (wird zu einem späteren Zeitpunkt editiert)

Important:
    - MP is not compatibel with this file. If you would like to play MP, remove this file from your Data-Folder.
    - No user.script is needed because its not a mod-file
    - Be aware, armies at the start are not modded yet, but all new recruitable units.

Artillerie x1,5 ohne Einheitenänderung / Artillery x1,5 no further units edited:

http://www.fileuploadx.de/570387

Artillerie x2 ohne Einheitenänderung / Artillery x2 no further units edited:

http://www.fileuploadx.de/10737

Einheitengröße angepasst, ohne Änderung der Artillerie / Unit-size edited, but artillery has not been edited:

http://www.fileuploadx.de/199629

Einheitengröße angepasst, mit Artillerie x1,5 (-5 Treffgenauigkeit) / Unit-size edited, artillery x1,5 (-5 accuracy)

http://www.fileuploadx.de/147489

Einheitengröße angepasst, mit Artillerie x2 (-10 Treffgenauigkeit) / Unit-size edited, artillery x2 (-10 accuracy)

http://www.fileuploadx.de/859942

Have fun!!

Ice

Thanks to: James Cook for testing and his feedback (file: Units edited, but artillery has not been edited)

Note: All other files are not tested yet but iam shure, they will work / Unit-size hat been edited as they were +/- in DMUC-Mod

Note2: If you will be updated, visit this link: http://www.nexusboard.net/showthread...age=1&#pid2435
    Last edited by ♔Icebear77♔; March 05, 2010 at 05:52 AM.

maxsim666's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Icebear77 View Post
    If you dont want to change the preference-script-file, use these files in this thread

Installation:

- Download das File von FileUpload
    - Das File in den Data-Ordner verschieben

Installation:
    - Download the file from FileUpload
    - Copy this file into your Data-Folder

Zu beachten:
    - MP ist mit dem File nicht kompatibel. Um wieder MP-Kompatibel zu sein, die Datei einfach wieder aus dem Data-Ordner raus verschieben
    - Es muss keine user.script erstellt werden, da dies keine "mod"-Files sind
    - Armeen, die am Start bereits vorhanden sind, sind noch nicht editiert, sprich haben noch die alte Einheitenstärke (wird zu einem späteren Zeitpunkt editiert)

Important:
    - MP is not compatibel with this file. If you would like to play MP, remove this file from your Data-Folder.
    - No user.script is needed because its not a mod-file
    - Be aware, armies at the start are not modded yet, but all new recruitable units.

Artillerie x1,5 ohne Einheitenänderung / Artillery x1,5 no further units edited:

http://www.fileuploadx.de/570387

Artillerie x2 ohne Einheitenänderung / Artillery x2 no further units edited:

http://www.fileuploadx.de/10737

Einheitengröße angepasst, ohne Änderung der Artillerie / Units edited, but artillery has not been edited:

http://www.fileuploadx.de/199629

Einheitengröße angepasst, mit Artillerie x1,5 (-5 Treffgenauigkeit) / units edited, artillery x1,5 (-5 accuracy)

http://www.fileuploadx.de/147489

Einheitengröße angepasst, mit Artillerie x2 (-10 Treffgenauigkeit) / units edited, artillery x2 (-10 accuracy)

http://www.fileuploadx.de/859942

Have fun!!

Ice

Thanks to: James Cook for testing and his feedback (file: Units edited, but artillery has not been edited)

Note: All other files are not tested yet but iam shure, they will work

Note2: If you will be updated, visit this link: http://www.nexusboard.net/showthread...age=1&#pid2435
    Thanks Icebear
    +rep for you
    "In hostem celerrime volant"

- Voloire -

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast