Page 2 of 124 FirstFirst 1234567891011122752102 ... LastLast

Thread: Minecraft General Discussion

thatguy's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Minecraft

When you run out of air, your health begins to deplete - REALLY really quickly

http://www.battledebate.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Rapax View Post
    Or perhaps you've been missing the point of modern warfare? Crush the enemy within a month and then fight an insurgency for the next 10 years..
    Quote Originally Posted by spl00ge View Post
    I just got 9 inches.

I started a new island because I am a perfectionist when it comes to construction games and my tunnels were far too chaotic.

So building again. Minecraft is a lonely, lonely game. I feel a strange urge to build a Church. It's half completed (the dirt on the left is my scaffolding). It faces towards the East and is aligned to meet the rising sun.

Thats good stuff Ferrets. I wouldn't even know how to begin to make something as epic as that.

The discovery of the Higgs boson led to limitless power, the elimination of poverty and Kit-Kats for everyone. It is a communist chocolate hellhole and I'm here to stop it from ever happening. -Eloi Cole
    Quote Originally Posted by HansDuet View Post
    So [Jason] Bourne is an emo.

Quote Originally Posted by Hookah Smoking Caterpiller View Post
    Japanese developers/publishers have a long history of avoiding development.
    Quote Originally Posted by VOP2288 View Post
    I always thought of Pokemon as glorified cock-fights
    Quote Originally Posted by Nazgūl Killer View Post
    My penis would probably erupt with magma if that happens.

There is Fail, and then there is Epic Fail. Fail can happen to anyone, no matter how hard you try. An Epic Fail however, requires a mistake so huge that the only reason the opposition can fathom as to why you did it is to think it was deliberate. - Aeros on erepublik

What will be the god of your new church?
    Quote Originally Posted by ♔IPA35♔ View Post
    Drugs are not very popular AFAIK.

That's a good question. Probably a sun god, seeing how reliant I am on daylight to keep the monsters away. Perhaps a long term project will be to build a temple facing west on the other side of the island for the moon.

If you're lucky that will ease the monster burden at night a bit.
    An idea: Why not make that church for a dual deity of light and dark, like a deity that has two aspects - one benevolent and one malevolent?
    Or a church that is devoted to two different deities at the same time (one for light, one for dark), maybe because they are "married" or otherwhise related - quite a common topic in mythology.
    Oh... the Dwarf Fortress fever is apparently getting the better of me, again. All those ideas...
    In any case, nice find.
    Last edited by Tankfriend; March 03, 2010 at 05:50 AM.

Come on guys, let's see your stuff getting posted!

I've pretty much completed the Acropolis of my fortress.

Hall exterior...

And interior...

The Hall is where I have my stores, currently.

Church exterior...

and interior...

I'm really happy with how the church came out. It answers the sun rise perfectly.

Beneath these two buildings is the basement, and staircase leading down to a fortified underground central room, which leads off down to the green house and to the mines deep, deep underground.

This is the east face of the fortress. On the top of the hill you can see the acropolis, mid way down is a room that leads off from the central underground strong-point, and below that is the greenhouse. The fort is not very close to water, so in the bottom you can see the irrigation canal I built for the greenhouse.

The south face shows the fort gate and the tower - the strong point of the acropolis, accessible only by a narrow stair case. The battlements overhang so that arrows cannot hit me.

And finally the north face shows where I intend to build a bridge over the gorge into the basement of the acropolis.

Future expansion plans: a curtain wall making a perimeter on the hill. A guarded staircase leading to this. Inside; a dining hall, a throne room, a forge, worshop, stores and armoury.
    Last edited by removeduser_487563287433; March 05, 2010 at 01:34 PM.

Hey ferrets, could I bug your for some tips?
    Current tools I got are wood/stone: Shovel, Sword, Hoe, Pickaxe, axe.
    Any tips on how to make more?
    Can I make anything from sheep wool?
    How did you make glass?
    The tones with black dots, coal, but what are the stones with tan dots?
    Thanks, and help like that would be awesome!
    And I'll have to put screenies up later of my floating sea fortress.

Or perhaps you've been missing the point of modern warfare? Crush the enemy within a month and then fight an insurgency for the next 10 years..
    I just got 9 inches.

Tools:

If you have a stone pickaxe then you will be able to mine stone and metal ore. Metal ore is the stone block with brown dashes.

Mine this ore. You will find it in cliff faces or if you mine, mine, mine. Smelt the ore in a furnace (power it with wood or coal, coal is best) and out will come metal bars. Use the metal bars to make a metal pickaxe... with this tool you will be able to mine gold and th exceptionally rare but also extremely tough diamond.

Cloth is purely decorative. At some point dyes will be added to survival mode so you can spruce up your constructions.

Glass is made by smelting down sand.

Tan dots are metal. Get the ore out with a stone (not wood) pickaxe.

Looking forward to seeing the pics.

Apreciated my man.
    one more, how do I make said Furnace?

I just got 9 inches.

Quote Originally Posted by thatguy View Post
    Apreciated my man.
    one more, how do I make said Furnace?
    Here for all your crafting needs:

http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Crafting

In this case you need to get eight pieces of stone into a crafting bench.

I run three furnaces in the new forge I have built. Constantly burning down cobble stone (to make smooth stone for building projects), metals and sand.

Will post updated pictures tonight. I've finished my dining hall, forge and workshop and I've opened up a new mine.

Oh - cloth is used in the production of one thing - paintings!
    Last edited by removeduser_487563287433; March 12, 2010 at 07:11 AM.

Thanks dude.
    See, we definately need multiplayer for this survival.

I just got 9 inches.

Quote Originally Posted by thatguy View Post
    Thanks dude.
    See, we definately need multiplayer for this survival.
    It would be good to have a TWC server or team if we can get enough people interested.

I started a new island again. I have finished my capital, which I will post later on. But check this out. I am building a new town, a port:

I've damned off the harbour to allow for construction. On the far side is the wharf, on the right is the viewing gallery.

DimondLight's Avatar Senator

How long do days last? I've been playing for a long time and I haven't gotten night yet..
    Proud American

Quote Originally Posted by DimondLight View Post
    How long do days last? I've been playing for a long time and I haven't gotten night yet..
    If you are on the free version there is no day and night cycle.

Timefool's Avatar Primicerius

And this is alpha version right? That is why the graphics are rudimentary?

It is alpha, but the graphics won't improve. It's an indie game. If you want realistic explosions then there are plenty of published games for that.

If you want a game with better graphics and more complexity theres one called Wurm.
    Aparently it was partly made by the creator of Minecraft, though A friend has told me its rediculously complex and takes too long to build anything.

I just got 9 inches.

Yoda Twin's Avatar Vicarius

When fully released will it still be web based?
    Minister for Home Affairs of the Commonwealth v Zentai [2012] HCA 28 per Heydon J at [75]

Analysis should not be diverted by reflections upon the zeal with which the victors at the end of the Second World War punished the defeated for war crimes. The victors were animated by the ideals of the Atlantic Charter and of the United Nations. The Universal Declaration of Human Rights was about to peep over the eastern horizon. But first, they wanted a little hanging.