Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast

Thread: Napoleon Bug Report Thread

Default Re: NTW bug thread

Quote Originally Posted by Taran01 View Post
    I am having this exact problem. However Reloading does not help me. I end up shutting down the game, and relaunching to correct the issue.

**Update**

I just had this issue again and I noticed it seems to happen when I fight the Spanish. Could be a coincidence, thought I would add it in case someone els is having this while fighting the Spanish too. I am going to drop my texture setting from Ultra to High and see if that helps.
    I'm having this playing Russia against Sweden......it's not a "Spanish' problem"......I have Windows Vista and an ATI card...then is not only an NVIDIA users' issue only.
    Last edited by VINDIC; February 27, 2010 at 12:33 PM.
    "Appear weak when you are strong, and strong when you are weak"...SUN TZU

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Taran01 View Post
    Thank you for your reply.
    When you say "uninstall everything" you mean everything related NVidia, and video driver correct?
    As already posted - when installing the latest Nvidia drivers it's necessary to uninstall the old display drivers before you install the new ones. Personally, I will do a reboot between the uninstall / reinstall.

I used ATI cards for years and this wasn't necessary.

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here

don't if it has been reported
    when launching an drop-in battle, can not cancel the invitation. when there is no one accepting the invitation, i was stuck.
    Men are nothing, One Man is everything.
    - Napoleon Bonaparte

KingDazza's Avatar Libertus

The formation short keys don't work for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Reiksmarshal View Post
    I didn't see a bug thread yet, forgive me if there already is one but I wanted to report a couple bugs I am having with NTW.

My units don't have any faction colors and are pure white from time to time, in the pic below its from a siege battle when I invaded Saxony. All of my settings are on ultra and it goes back to normal if I reload the battle.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I'm having the same problem. It doesn't happen every battle, but it's enough to make it really annoying. Running an Nvidia 275 with everything on Ultra. Occasionally the uniforms will go black, but most of the time they turn white. I've managed to clear the problem on occasion by Alt-Tabbing out and then coming back in, but that works less than 50% of the time. Sometimes not at all.

♔Sir Digby Chicken Caesar♔'s Avatar Wyrd biõ ful ãræd

Don't think I've seen enemy artillery reinforcements not get stuck so far.
    Also on set up of army, if I move out of range of the enemy artillery they sometimes get stuck trying to limber up..

Units get stuck in one of the new buildings ...

If you put the game speed on slowmotion, and you watch a haubitser shoot a (whats it called? the shot that normal canons have too in the italy campaign, like a giant shotgun :-p ) you can't actually see the shots.
    When you fire a normal round shot, you see the projectile, but not when you use the other type of ammo.

I assassinated Napoleon and he respawns in capital this definetly needs to be fixed in a patch plz.

GrnEyedDvl's Avatar Liberalism is a Socially Transmitted Disease
    Artifex Technical Staff

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LUCIOUS ARTORIOUS View Post
    I assassinated Napoleon and he respawns in capital this definetly needs to be fixed in a patch plz.
    This is not a bug, its a designed feature of the game. I get tired of deleting the same comments.

Comrade_Rory's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Not sure if it has been mentioned but i have it set so that the big flags never appear...
    but when reinforcements come into the map, they always have them and they wont go away.

Phase's Avatar Senator

I'm still having the issues with regards to the white uniforms but I've uninstalled the old drivers and reinstalled the new ones.

GrnEyedDvl's Avatar Liberalism is a Socially Transmitted Disease
    Artifex Technical Staff

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Phase View Post
    Has anyone had any issues with regards to the player's uniforms being all white?
    You mean like the pictures in the very first post?

Phase's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by GrnEyedDvl View Post
    You mean like the pictures in the very first post?
    Yes, I read that and edited my post.

Vasa's Avatar Tiro

I'm not sure if this belongs here, but I've been encountering some frustrating battle AI. When playing a battle, the enemy infantry just stopped directly within the firing range of some of my men and just stood there. Some of my infantry that were close enough opened fire, but the enemy didn't engage them. I was playing on normal battle difficulty, but I'd still like the AI to be a little more competent.

Alkarin's Avatar Praepositus

In my Campaigns Ottomans have an insane amount of Prestige, almost off the charts.

also when i had a unit if line of foot behind one of those cover barriers(those ones you set up before the battle) and told them to go into square formation to stop a calvary attack but then after the cav was driven back i was unable to take them out of square, move them, or anything
    You look great today.

GasMask's Avatar Praeses

I just did a full battle i went to defend, AI was attacking i played France i used national guards and old guards against the British they had 44th foot, highlanders and rifles with 6 pounders arty.

Battle went fine for around 13 minutes shortly after killing the British general duke of wellington with my old guard the AI became retarded they still had much more numbers then me the British formed some big lines i was taking losses a lot to i had lost a lot of men at this point my national guard where wiped out my old guard where barely standing the line then all A sudden the AI just stand their...... they don't shoot they just stand their i moved advanced forward on their line with 1 regiment of old guard they never did anything i moved my other old guards up and wiped the British out in barely 5 minutes they ran shortly after i had a victory.

CUSTOM BATTLE ONLY

Quote Originally Posted by Reiksmarshal View Post
    I didn't see a bug thread yet, forgive me if there already is one but I wanted to report a couple bugs I am having with NTW.

My units don't have any faction colors and are pure white from time to time, in the pic below its from a siege battle when I invaded Saxony. All of my settings are on ultra and it goes back to normal if I reload the battle.
    Hello Reiskmarshal, thanks for starting this thread.

I experienced the same as you in several custom and campaign battles.

Quote Originally Posted by Brusilov View Post
    I don't kniow if this is a bug or a 'feature'. I had a small army alreadt loaded into ships at the start of the turn in Portsmouth but when I disembarked them in a pprt on the other side of the channel (both in and out of my control) I had no more movement points.....
    I experienced the same in a few situations.

NAPOLEON:TW doesn't have a scroll bar in the recruitment queue. The language file system is the same as in ETW. Therefore we have the same problems as in ETW which are described here:

UNIT LIMIT IN THE UI RECRUITMENT QUEUE

Unit Pack Compatibility Project (UPC) English + German

- Spies will be killed sometimes if you attack a hostile army which contains your spies

I can still form squares when in a melee fight with cavalry. I thought this was changed?

Pavlik the Rus's Avatar Civitate

I confirm a bug with white coloured troops. WinXP, ATI 4870
    Played as Russia against Turks, river battle.
    There was bug much more serious then missed colours. Turkish reinforcements arrived from my back, not the front. Very stupid situation. Last time i can remember same thing 0 Shogun TW before patches.

And yeah, one more thing....
    I have lost a general, when he decided to walk throu the spikes. He was not in charge, he simply treveled from A to B...
    Someone have promissed that such things will never happen, no?
    Last edited by Pavlik the Rus; February 28, 2010 at 04:22 AM.

Under patronage of respectable MARCVS
    Надо чаще встречаться
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=58644

MorganH.'s Avatar Finis adest rerum

I think the skirmishers are bugged(again) cause as the enemy is advancing and after firing an initial volley they all turn round and stay put heading in in the wrong direction(skirmishing enabled)