Page 26 of 32 FirstFirst ... 1617181920212223242526272829303132 LastLast

Thread: Napoleon Bug Report Thread

Default MY MULTIPLAYER BUG

ok, so two issues if encountered. 1: i can't see or access the chat room in the main lobby for online play (where games are posted)?

2: I have not options for upgrades after entering a game where i then select units? During game play ppl ask "yo dude, why didnt you upgrade" and im like i cant!!! Drives me nuts!

Yes I have the money to upgrade. I've tried many scenarios.

I've also clicked on rooms and players. Nothing there at all.

Any help would be great
    Last edited by suntusk; August 25, 2010 at 04:26 PM.

Default Re: BUG REPORTS

ok, so two issues if encountered. 1: i can't see or access the chat room in the main lobby for online play (where games are posted)?

2: I have not options for upgrades after entering a game where i then select units? During game play ppl ask "yo dude, why didnt you upgrade" and im like i cant!!! Drives me nuts!

Yes I have the money to upgrade. I've tried many scenarios.

I've also clicked on rooms and players. Nothing there at all.

Any help would be great

'Gunny's Avatar Überrock über alles
    Content Emeritus

Default Re: NTW bug thread

I have a problem with AI that are sore losers, as soon as a major battle starts going my way, they game crashes, I think the AI is smarter than we give them credit for

Icon8 Re: NTW bug thread

A friend of mine got N:TW recently (against my advice), and knowing my long affinity for TW games, and having worked in modded of Rome:TW, he asked me over to check out an issue he was having. He only d/I'd the game within the last 2 weeks (I don't know that date), and he showed me the bug he has - Whenever any of his armies looses a battle, but have enough soldiers to survive, they get a red ring around them on the world map, and then can never move again, no matter how many turns later you try to move them. I sat down and started a new campaign, and sent a army up against a slightly larger force and had all of my troops withdraw. Sure enough they ran to the end of their movement points and then just stood there on the world map with a constant red ring around them and would not move again regardless of how many turns had elapsed. Next I tried giving them a general; then tried removing the general; combining troops; moving single units; everything I could think of to change the army in some way to see if I could get it to move on subsequent turns, but nothing worked. It seems the only way to "fix" the bug is to disband every unit in the army. Disbanding any units except all of them doesn't work either (I thought at first maybe it was a function of the army leader, but getting rid of his unit, or a General's unit didn't solve it).

So now my friend is upset that he didn't listen to me and skip this game, but he is a Napoleonic wargame fan, and angry at CA and SEGA that he spent so much money (he bought E:TW at the same time plus all the content updates).

Does anyone know how to fix this issue, so i can at least tell him what to do and get him to stop asking me why didn't I tell him about this bug (as if I could know every bug associated with a game I don't play)? Any help would be appreciated!
    Former Historian & Dev Member for Broken Crescent Mod
    Dual-Major BA in Medieval History / Political Science, Adelphi University Aug. 1989
    Member of the World History Association
    Member of the Medieval Academy of America
    Member of the Richard III Society
    Member of the Society for the Study of the Crusades and Latin East
    If you like my post, please +Rep...if you dislike my post, please +REP me twice

Private Normal's Avatar Civis

I've seen a lot of comments here about CTD's. When I first installed NTW, I was unable to finish a battle, either in the Campaign or as a stand alone battle. This was not due to equipment. I have an i7 940, running Windows 7 x64, 12gbs of memory, 2 SLI'd GTX960's and a Palit 9800 GTX running PhysX. I tried all sorts of tricks, none of which worked. What did seem to work was one thing I found here in the forum, Changing the preferences script to reflect a larger graphics cache, no more CTD's, on Ultra settings, thanks guys.
    [IMG][/IMG]

At first the game ran fine and I really didn`t notice anything strange but lately it has become a nest of all sorts of bugs. Two of the most annoying are listed below.

1. My cannon units are always missing 4 men, so that one cannon can`t shoot, although I can somehow unlimber it. It doesn`t work the other way though and 1 cannon is always left behind when moving them.

2. My settings never save and I always have to turn off that annoying rout screen that pops up during battle and lags my game.

I am running a laptop with win7 64-bit, 4GB ram 2.1 dual core and have no problems with NTW/ETW until a couple days ago where I stupidly had steam online and unlocked some achievement on NTW.

I can boot up to the loading screen (no mods), but it CTDs when it starts the loading bar.
    I have steam validated files, reinstalled a few times (retail) and the same issue occurs. I have removed all steam and all NTW/ETW files for each clean install. It loads and is playable once on vanilla and then will CTD when I try it again.

Any thoughts would be helpful, or if anyone has read of a similar experience.
    Bigotry tries to keep truth safe in its hand with a grip that kills it. - Tagore
    Only the dead have seen the end of war. - Santayana

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

Did you delete the Creative Assembly folder in users\username\appdata\roaming?

Quote Originally Posted by irishron View Post
    Did you delete the Creative Assembly folder in users\username\appdata\roaming?
    Yes.

Here is what "appears" to be happening:

My steam_api.dll keeps disappearing.

It seems to do this when I add Napoleon Total Factions mod and/or when I allow access to steam online and am playing the game. Even when I reinstall steam_api.dll, the game does not recognize it. When I use the disks to reinstall the game, it does its thing and then validates the files via steam and states everything is fine...which it isn't, and the game will not boot.

Very odd...back to another clean install. A question I have is, after the disks do their install, it accesses steam for the update patches. I have all the patches on another hdd, would it be possible to just add those manually (to save hours of steam d/l) and have the game work, or are their other files needed to integrate the patches/updates?

Anyone know exactly which steam_api.dll version is needed and where exactly it is placed (as a check up on my own ideas)?
    Last edited by BlackMailedAgain; September 04, 2010 at 11:26 AM. Reason: additional info
    Bigotry tries to keep truth safe in its hand with a grip that kills it. - Tagore

steam_api.dll is a pure Steam problem. Ask Steam support and take a look though their FAQs.

Quote Originally Posted by irishron View Post
    steam_api.dll is a pure Steam problem. Ask Steam support and take a look though their FAQs.
    Right...already did that. As a caveat, the last time I asked steam for help, I sent three emails over a week period, and never received a response until my fourth email which notified them I solved the problem...to which the promptly responded with a "good to hear, let us know if we can be of further help."

I hold no hope for a response. I have noticed several other folks have the same issue.

What happens if you don't install the mod? There might be something in the mod pack that the DRM does not like and doing it. Shades of Securom and Medieval2 all over, again.

Re: Silly steam_api.dll

Simply put, the game/mod(s)/whatever was rewriting my steam_api.dll. Once I figured that out, it is simple to make the .dll a "read-only" file. I have been crash free since I discovered this. I also now keep several copies of the file.

I remember this being posted a lot on the old forums, but it's still an issue for me now:

I do not receive Steam achievements for completing campaigns as Russia, Prussia or Britain. Just completed the Russian campaign on Medium for the first time and I'd like something to show for it.

This used to happen to me on Empire too, which was annoying after conquering 100% of the map and not receiving the "Conquer [CONTINENT]" achievements, but I just had to restart the game then exit again and it was there on my "recently earned achievements". I hoped for the same here, but didn't get it.

I have an autosave of just before I took my last region, so I will keep retrying for it, but I'm not hopeful.

3 very anoying bugs:

1.) Egyptian Campaign is broken since the last patch. The Dromedary Cavalry and the Fusilier of Line are available to recruit straight away from the beginning of the campaign in early June 1798. You don't need to fullfill the Missions to build Camel Warriors before or to capture Nicosia, Cyprus, as the following screenshot is showing that:

2.) "Mouse Over" in the User Interface-menu is not working. In Empire: Total War it works perfect, but not in Napoleon: Total War.

3.) Selecting "Mouse Over" during battle or "Picture in Picture" is also broken.

Last edited by Gibor; September 13, 2010 at 08:31 AM.

i have experience dragoon in mount mode 5 from 60 men dragoon enter a building and can't move elsewhere except click attack on enemy , and ottoman have austrian banner in battle , all skirmish unit after attacking on melee by enemies they turn position into left or right very annoying in game ..

I searched to see if this was ever resolved or in any major way reported so forgive if this is old ground. I have been experiencing what appears to be random bugs where my ships will either start a battle not firing on enemy ships (AI seesm to have this happen too). THey move into range and not shooting, manual fire also doesn't work. I verified cache, defraged etc. After this happened over and over again, I took a closer look and it appears that every ship expriencing this bug, has their guns pointed away from the gun ports. I mean EVERY one, so I assume it's related. Any help figuring this out would be helpful. Thanks.
    -B

Found a bug in my Prussian campaign where I could offer a Spanish Penninsular campaign tech to Russia. Cortez or central government.

one a ship sinks the flags of the ship remain floating in mid air but completely black? and y do the units almost seem glow in the dark
    'friendly fire, isnt'

Greve Af Göteborg's Avatar Protector Domesticus

When hosting the historical battle ,Arcole, the second Austrian army cannot ready up.