Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast

Thread: Napoleon Bug Report Thread

Johan217's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: NTW bug thread

1) The unit name "Voltigeurs" is misspelled as "Voltiguers" in game. No biggie, but annoying nevertheless.
    2) Baden-Württemberg did not exist until after WW2 or so. The faction should be named either Baden or Württemberg. (though this is probably not a "bug", just a poor design decision)
    Last edited by Johan217; February 25, 2010 at 03:30 PM.
    Rock 'n' roll is the only religion that will never let you down

JayMac's Avatar Civis

I just had my first ctd after playing for an hour. It was during a naval battle.

GrnEyedDvl's Avatar Liberalism is a Socially Transmitted Disease
    Artifex Technical Staff

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JayMac View Post
    I just had my first ctd after playing for an hour. It was during a naval battle.
    You are going to have to be a bit more specific than that. That may or may not have been NTW's fault.

JayMac's Avatar Civis

I don't know if I can. I was in the middle of a battle, and it seemed like one of my ships was going to route. Then it ctd'ed. Sorry if this was pointless, I just haven't heard anyone else say they had a ctd.
    Ed. Oh wait, I did just turned off "picture in picture." (is the the pop-up screen?) Maybe it was because of that?
    Last edited by JayMac; February 25, 2010 at 04:40 PM.

Artifex Technical Staff

Blog Entries

Go into Windows Event Manager and look for the red flag. It will at least tell you what the faulting module was.

Quote Originally Posted by JayMac View Post
    I don't know if I can. I was in the middle of a battle, and it seemed like one of my ships was going to route. Then it ctd'ed. Sorry if this was pointless, I just haven't heard anyone else say they had a ctd.
    Ed. Oh wait, I did just turned off "picture in picture." (is the the pop-up screen?) Maybe it was because of that?

You're not alone. I got a CTD during the middle of a land battle. So far it's the only one that I've experienced, but my playing time has been limited. I'm just hoping it was just an out-of-the-blue random CTD, but seeing that I'm not the only one has me little concerned about the stability of NTW's battles.

i've played for a good 18 hours total and haven't had one bad screen flicker

This might belong in this thread... maybe in tech support... just had my first CTD after about 5 hours of play. It was in a custom land battle.

Here is the event info:

Faulting application Napoleon.exe, version 1.0.0.0, time stamp 0x4b7c008a, faulting module mss32.dll, version 7.2.6.0, time stamp 0x49efbdd2, exception code 0xc0000005, fault offset 0x0002eaa9, process id 0x5a0, application start time 0x01cab682c018b921.

Read somewhere that mss32.dll fault is a sound error... anybody good at this stuff know what it is/if it is the game's fault or my pc?

The Ionian sea is mispelled as "Lonian sea" when you mouse over the water.

Artifex Technical Staff

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Lotz View Post
    This might belong in this thread... maybe in tech support... just had my first CTD after about 5 hours of play. It was in a custom land battle.

Here is the event info:

Faulting application Napoleon.exe, version 1.0.0.0, time stamp 0x4b7c008a, faulting module mss32.dll, version 7.2.6.0, time stamp 0x49efbdd2, exception code 0xc0000005, fault offset 0x0002eaa9, process id 0x5a0, application start time 0x01cab682c018b921.

Read somewhere that mss32.dll fault is a sound error... anybody good at this stuff know what it is/if it is the game's fault or my pc?
    Thats the Miles Sound System file. Are your audio drivers up to date?

Thanks GrnEyedDvl, I will give new drivers a try!!

Artifex Technical Staff

Blog Entries

Unit cannot be attacked. This was a reinforcement unit that started off map. As it moved onto the map it just walked through my entire stack like it wasnt even there. It did take a few losses in melee, but I could not order units to fire on it. As you can see in the shot I have two of my own units selected, what you cant see as it doesnt show up in the screen shot is the mouse cursor. It should either be a targeting reticle or a sword for melee attack. Its just an X. They are walking towards the other side of the screen. Hopefully when it gets there it ends the battle.

Enemy reinforcements simply not arriving. (Picture is of course a cut and paste of the two parts of the HUD.)

This was the second of two reinforcements; The first arrived, this second did not.

I have had a relatively minor bug - in the multiplayer army set up the chat box can disappear. Appears to happen after a short while the game has been up .

♔Sir Digby Chicken Caesar♔'s Avatar Wyrd biõ ful ãræd

One CTD so far in the middle of a land battle ... (siege)

Faulting application Napoleon.exe, version 1.0.0.0, time stamp 0x4b7c008a, faulting module unknown, version 0.0.0.0, time stamp 0x00000000,
    exception code 0xc0000005, fault offset 0x84998000, process id 0x8c4, application start time 0x01cab6588d27b587.

The units textures do not appear to be rendering at their full resolution (land units and possibly terrain also, naval battles seem ok). It looks like the engine is rendering the 1st mip down and not the full res texture.

My graphics card's a bit old now, 8800GTX 768MB and I am running at 2560x1600 with all settings on Ultra (bar SSAO, AA and depth of field) but the framerate is very good and I still get these low res (relatively) textures even when testing in a custom battle with only one unit so I don't think it's that the card's memory is overloaded.

Empire occasionally suffered from this problem also, but it appears to be permanent with Napoleon.

Anyone else having the same issue?

Cheers guys.

Also,

Agree with someone earlier, when you turn off the mini map it's there again for the next battle (like it's just forgotten that you made the change).

Well I'm Having Sound Problem , for example my infanty line shots but the sounds of the shots arrive only 5 sec later when my infantry is reloading , this happen also with my artillery

Have any of you noticed that if you select 'never' to flags appearing over units, they still appear on reinforcements. Its happened to me every battle reinforcements are involved in. I really dont like those flags

Dismounted Dragoons display the incorrect icon/foot markers by their feet when arranging them in line or moving them anywhere. They retain the cavalry ones (rectangular box with a pointed end) rather then the infantry circles.

Whilst Napoleon seems 100 times better than Empire regarding bugs, I do feel a bit saddened that there are still quite a few really obvious bugs remaining in this release build. How can these things keep going unnoticed/unfixed?