Page 10 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Napoleon Bug Report Thread

Gorrrrrn's Avatar Citizen

Default Re: NTW bug thread

Part of artillery unit got stuck on the red line of doom when entering battle as re-inforcement unit.
    2 gun crews (Ottoman 18lbers) walked all the way to the middle of the map and stood there. Couldn't shoot or attack them.
    Had a 8 man light cav unit (French) on my side. walked it right up to the cannons - nothing happened.
    So I ordered the cav to run through the crews - cannon crews died instantly and the cannons fell apart.

Finally found the third gun crew on the edge of the battle map stuck behind a generic building.
    Couldn't shoot at them or attack, or even ride them down. Had to wait to battle ended before I got a result.

My game crashes everytime i want to play a battle in the egyptian campaing or the european with france. I dindt try the coalition factions because i am very mad right now. The italian campaign was good, no bugs, no crashes but the egyptian is crashing evrytime, i tried evrything on the sega support site, i have reinstalled it but nothing changed. Can someone help?

♔Sir Digby Chicken Caesar♔'s Avatar Wyrd biõ ful ãræd

A new path finding bug I've found is that sometimes a horse unit get stuck inside a house.
    Not sure how they get in there, I just know once they're in, you can not move them .

Another one is sometimes when artillery fight hand to hand and then are ordered to use cannon again they do not fire.
    they load and even cover their ears as if they are fireing but don't.
    Last edited by ♔Sir Digby Chicken Caesar♔; March 03, 2010 at 10:58 AM.

Breoghan's Avatar Civis

Western buildings in Egyptian campaign???

For those who have NVIDIA cards and having graphics issues There are new NVIDIA drivers available as of yesterday 2 March that specifically mentions support for NTW. you may want to look into these.

I dont have a NVIDIA card, but what can i do? I really want to play more then just the italian campaign. Where can i send an emial to sega where i will get help?

Two main things I've found.

Tonight twice while in campaign and sending army to attack Vienna I was intercepted by an unseen force near to it. Battle said it was me vs one army, I select ok. When battle loads it's game on with the enemy plus the enemy from the fort (I think) parked close to both sides of me. I don't have to select ready, battle has auto started.

Edit, this appears to be a game feature looking at the deployment map prior to the fight.

On a 30" monitor and on campaign map the text for looking at units (B&W popup) usually squishes the first letter so L looks like a l.

Only one or two CTD in many hours of play so pretty happy.

New one today, 1 Cavalry guy entered a building while mounted so that whole squad became unusable.
    Last edited by HoPeFuLLL; March 08, 2010 at 03:15 AM.

Pavlik the Rus's Avatar Civitate

I failed in attempts to recruit Moscow musketeers line infantry. Can not find them

PS I have imeprial dition

Under patronage of respectable MARCVS
    Надо чаще встречаться
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=58644

TheAvenger's Avatar Laetus

When requesting to join a "Drop In battle" the game might freeze. Anyone else getting this?

Hardrada992's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by JL Chamberlain View Post
    For those who have NVIDIA cards and having graphics issues There are new NVIDIA drivers available as of yesterday 2 March that specifically mentions support for NTW. you may want to look into these.
    I tired this and it did not resolve the bland textures issue.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by JL Chamberlain

I tired this and it did not resolve the bland textures issue.
    downloading now, will try it tommorow, will check if it solves the black/white soldier issues and black skies.

Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by GrnEyedDvl View Post
    Unit cannot be attacked. This was a reinforcement unit that started off map. As it moved onto the map it just walked through my entire stack like it wasnt even there. It did take a few losses in melee, but I could not order units to fire on it. As you can see in the shot I have two of my own units selected, what you cant see as it doesnt show up in the screen shot is the mouse cursor. It should either be a targeting reticle or a sword for melee attack. Its just an X. They are walking towards the other side of the screen. Hopefully when it gets there it ends the battle.

This was a problem with empire as well, ranged units dont range fire even if under fire at will. can only attack by placing a unit on top of the enemy unit so they auto melee.

this also works for attacking straglers from a routed army.

only good point is that the enemy wont attack you if you cant attack them.

Bug I found:

• in the diplomacy menu, when you exit negotations with a faction the nation list gets resorted e.g its sorted a->z then after talking to a faction its sorted z->a
    Last edited by nimrod123; March 03, 2010 at 04:20 PM.

♔Sir Digby Chicken Caesar♔'s Avatar Wyrd biõ ful ãræd

Quote Originally Posted by Breoghan View Post
    Western buildings in Egyptian campaign???
    No this was in Prussia , but shows it ain't just me

GrnEyedDvl's Avatar Liberalism is a Socially Transmitted Disease
    Artifex Technical Staff

Blog Entries

I had my first crash

mss32.ddl which is the Miles Sound System. Crashed when Austrian general charged.

Just getting started on NTW but I have had "a" horseman stuck on the side of a hill. Every time I tried to click to get a unit to attack the display was as if there was no unit there. I was able to wipe out the unit but the one stuck horseman by move a couple of army units though the location where most of the stuck unit was.

For the last horseman stuck on the hillside, fortunately I had the battle time limit on.

Leonnidas's Avatar Semisalis

And this was the improved TW game...

Artifex Technical Staff

Blog Entries

Considering the release of ETW, yes it is.

I do not get the Napoleon faction leader picture when entering diplomacy with France in the coalition campaign playing as Prussia. I get another picture of a different general I have seen before. I have tried playing as different factions and I get the same result. I have not installed any mods whatsoever. Any suggestions?

Leonnidas's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by GrnEyedDvl View Post
    Considering the release of ETW, yes it is.
    I see, you still have hope in CA, I lost mine with ETW.

Artifex Technical Staff

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Leonnidas View Post
    I see, you still have hope in CA, I lost mine with ETW.
    I am a bit more realistic. No more off topic here please.