Page 1 of 32 123456789101126 ... LastLast

Thread: Napoleon Bug Report Thread

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

Default Napoleon Bug Report Thread

Post all bugs here.

If you have links to confirm more than one instance, add those to your post.

Any pictures of bugs, post, with an explanation of what we're seeing.

All error messages can be added.

Keep it civil. Please, no rants, no flames.

Check this to see if it's already covered: http://shoguntotalwar.yuku.com/topic/68870. Many are.
    Last edited by Frunk; December 17, 2016 at 06:58 AM. Reason: Threads merged.

Kinjo's Avatar Taiko

Default NTW bug thread

I didn't see a bug thread yet, forgive me if there already is one but I wanted to report a couple bugs I am having with NTW.

My units don't have any faction colors and are pure white from time to time, in the pic below its from a siege battle when I invaded Saxony. All of my settings are on ultra and it goes back to normal if I reload the battle.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

MCM's Avatar Saint of lost causes

Default Re: NTW bug thread

Nice move R. It would be good if these reports can be vetted by us in an organized way, ie potential bug and real bug.
    Then we can submit these on a regular basis to CA.

Its the least we could do. I believe Argent Usher had a similar idea earlier.

If you change UI options during a battle or campaign the changes don't reflect in the main menu and have to be changed again (it was the same in ETW upon release)

Can anyone confirm this?

GrnEyedDvl's Avatar Liberalism is a Socially Transmitted Disease
    Artifex Technical Staff

Blog Entries

I am sticking this thread for now, but it will be heavily moderated. Only bugs that can be confirmed will be left. Rants will be removed.

Artifex Technical Staff

Blog Entries

Missing advice panel:

I've had an army that I tried to take on a ship. The walked into the port but were still visible. IN other words, they were in the port but didn't actually go in the town and raise the flag like normal. I thought they were out of movement points for that turn so waited to the next one. The next turn I tried to load them up on the ship and could not. I could select the army and the individual units, but couldn't move them in, out, or around the port or onto the ship. I had to disband the entire army I just built. Quite frustrating really.

I deployed Light Inf. spikes and enemy cavalry charges, spikes didn't do any damage to enemy cavalry. Maybe someone could try it out to make sure.

klesh's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by GrnEyedDvl View Post
    Missing advice panel:

Confirmed. Happened to me after I turned off both the text and voice advice... looked up and saw the woman's portrait there with the text box missing.
    Still playing Napoleon:TW

Artifex Technical Staff

Blog Entries

Ok I dont know if this is a pathfinding issue or if something else happened. I am trying to defend a settlement, and my artillery got stuck. Wont move, wont limber/unlimber. You can see the unlimber button is greyed out, and they wont respond to commands either. Anyone else have something similar?

Hi all,
    Great game, but I think I've encountered a bug. At the end of a sea battle as the British in the coalition campaign I had at least half a dozen ships captured. When I go back out to the battle review screen I saw only 1 ship captured, the rest sunk. Later I autoresolved a sea battle and it said I captured the two spanish ships I attacked. I sold the ships for profit. However, as soon as I hit the check mark the ships just retreated away from the location and I had to fight them again. I think there might be something wrong with captured ships not working properly.

I must say, I have had a wonderful experience as of yet with this game. Been playing for about 5 hours now, and just came up on my first bug. I can remember vanilla empire and 5 hours into it I had too many to count.

Okay as for the bug. I am playing as Prussia, and the Batavian Republic attacked one of my cities. Anyways, the one piece of Dutch artillery that was attacking would unlimber, sit there for about 2 seconds, and then mount back up and move about 4 yards ahead and then proceed to do the same thing, over and over. One of their units of infantry was also doing this. I had four of my units garrisoned in farmhouses, which I think might have contributed to the bug.

Not too major, as all of my other land battles have been flawless.

Green Eyed Devil were your cannon crews attached to their cannons?

Valbruch's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by GrnEyedDvl View Post
    Ok I dont know if this is a pathfinding issue or if something else happened. I am trying to defend a settlement, and my artillery got stuck. Wont move, wont limber/unlimber. You can see the unlimber button is greyed out, and they wont respond to commands either. Anyone else have something similar?
    I had the same thing happened to me in Empire. But since both games share the same engine that bug too is probably the same.

It can happen when you unlimber your arty near some impassable terrain - in your case the house. In my case it was some sort of rocky hill. The bug causes your unit to get stuck somewhere in between limbered and unlimbered state. Sometimes it can unfreeze after some time but sometimes it remains useless for the whole battle.
    We are the Brunnen-G,
    we're waiting to die.
    We celebrate the death
    that will fall from the sky.

Indefinitely Banned

After playing a ranked battle in multiplayer, the post battle screen dosn't show how many points I won/lost.

Primicerius

Default Re: dragoons: no garrison bonus

The tutorial campaign suggests dragoons should add garrison bonus. However, their description suggests they do not add any.

In Empire, when my arty units got stuck, I would hit the retreat button and then after they run some distance, have them go pick up the connons again and this would ge them un-stuck a good numenr of times. It seemd to happen a lot hen going through un-passable terrain or trying to unlimber in tight places.

Yea I'm also having the no faction color problem. When a battle starts, all the main colors from both sides disappear, and sometimes, the enemy units turn completely black. More oftent hen not when this happens my game completely crashes.

In custom battle mode against AI, i took 4 line inf units against french cavalry.

Formed square to see how they perform. After the french attack was beaten off, i could still hear the melee fighting and shouting. It only stopped when i changed the units back to line.

Please test this if u have a minute.

ps: as a reward you can see many riders stuck in the saddle and dragged across the field

I adjusted my graphics settings in both the front-end and in-game panels on two separate occasions, and as a result a graphics kernel crashed or something of the like (the error message popped up for a few seconds so I didn't get a clear look at it), with the end result of filling my screen with rainbow snow and eventually crashing the game. I'm reinstalling both the game and my graphics drivers right now, I'll update if that changes anything.

Page 1 of 32 123456789101126 ... LastLast