Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: DLV 6.3 openbeta_01 02\21\2010 (BB2.48 Update3)

Default Re: DLV 6.3 openbeta_01 02\21\2010

Small question, i think!!!!

Is it correct afther make a clean install so als you told.
    That by starting up (click on the icoon) the starting up is going slower then before!!!!

thanks for reading this.
    and hope for a small respons.

men keep going on with DLV. it's the best Game i ever have seen and did play.
    there are no words for it.

J.P.

I make a preemtive strike, before anyone reports the America's invasion is not working properly.

The script is working just fine but there are some changes I mentioned in my thread Repman did not take into the release, which make a different outcome than in my tests (which always ended with all regions taken and the factions establishing a base there):

- by not making the rebels faction broke by default the garrisons of the target villages might be stronger than the invaders, by the time of the invasion, and might kill the scripted armies. This is especially true for the two settlements that start out walled as defined in strat.

- by not changeing the build time for the lowest tier of walls from 4 turns to 3 turns, as described in my thread, there is no chance that the player or the Ai can hold the taken settlements, or retake it as a small town, they can keep due to the additional happy bonus in the EDB. The settlement will rebel after 3 turns and the faction who took it will loose it.

Here is a screenshot to proove my point, France will loose Micosuccee on the next turn with no chance to retake it as french settlement. I guess I will take what's left of the army and try assaulting Tenochtitlan. England and Norway died both on assaulting their targets. Spain and Portugal will loose their settlement to an Aztec rebellion in the next turn.

On the bright side, the Mongols are doing pretty well, even without any changes to the beta from my side yet. Sarkel was taken fine, the Mongols hold it and the spawned armies are marching towards Kiev and Timurids.

Under the benevolent guidance of jimkatalanos

LaMuerte's Avatar Senator

Got a question for Furin about the build time of walls and rebelling villages :

Can religion slow down the rebellion process? I mean , If you raise your factions faith in that settlement to , for example , 90% , and only then take it , will it rebel as well?

How about a high chivalry governor? Can't he stop it from rebelling?

@ repman :

-I noticed you need to restart your computer after installing the beta , because something caused a lag when you've chosen a faction and want to start a new game (I had to wait 10/15 seconds before the movie started playing). I also lagged 10/15 seconds when trying to load a new game. After restarting my CPU , I noticed no further lag.

-My princess seems to have decreased movement points. Compared to merchants,priests and spies she only has 50% movement rate. She has no negative traits.

In effect she takes 4 turns to go from Bruges to Caen.
    Last edited by LaMuerte; February 22, 2010 at 11:09 AM.

Surely that would do the trick, but you and the ai only comes with one priest and a general career general. So the max you can squeeze out of a village is 57% order, no matter the tax, and with 4 turns the village will rebel before you can upgrade it to a small town, at which point the additional boni for america would help keep the order, within the boundaries for happiness structures defined in settlement mechanics.

The princesses have 50 base movement now, that's one of the suggestions I made in my thread, so you can find them within their countries when you get the message of their becoming of age, and not somewhere else in the world. This also prevents the Ai from grabbing generals just somewhere and then moving them back for the rest of their lives to where they are needed.

Ok , now I understand Didn't realize the AI does weird stuff when taking over generals

Still feels a bit awkward to take 4 turns to reach a nearby settlement though...Glad I'm not playing as a eastern European nation : My princess would be dead before she reaches the border

As for not finding the princess when you get the message : If the NPC faction has a large territory , it could appear anywhere in that realm where the NPC king is,no? So you still have to look for them , no?

I always use a few spies when looking for a bride...Never bothered me that much.
    Last edited by LaMuerte; February 22, 2010 at 03:03 PM.

/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/

I notice the EDU has missed out the autoresolve balancing. Not a good idea if intentional, it still needs more work but it is already an improvement. Kinda makes me wonder what version of my work is being used. I don't know exactly what is in MMC but this is out of date stuff in 6.3...

This one is the latest: Attachment 76071

It uses the standard approach; adjusting the hitpoints of non existant animals. But also, since I have a fair idea of what the issues are, I sculpted accordingly to add in necessary detail.

Read about it here:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...04#post1984204
    Last edited by Taiji; February 23, 2010 at 07:12 PM.

where is the horse?

myDLV is Clean 6.2+6.3, no change !

Jaketh's Avatar Praeses

they have Yodas floating chair

I believe I just found a typo in descr_campaign_ai_db.xml, which has been there for like forever (I remember seeing it like 2 releases ago but then I didn't realize it was wrong then). Maybe this is the reason for the last crash I am xperiencing, the one that happens at the end of the AI turn when you previously took a region or fought a battle.

Here it is:

<invade_priority_gs_modifier float="-200.0f"/>

This f is one f too many, can't be hex, no

Edit: Forget that, this f is there in the original xml in the vanilla folder, I have no clue what that means but it looks like it must be there. I'll go look around if I can find posts about that.

Edit2: K, I checked and the f is there for a reason, it cancels out this decision modifier once a faction is at war with another faction so other factors gain more weight.
    Last edited by Furin; February 24, 2010 at 03:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wilking View Post
    where is the horse?

Is that the Irish bodyguard unit? I got a silver surfer on the irish bodyguard (1st unit top left with sword and shield) unit but the horses are there.

No wait a sec, that's not the bodyguard, could you please tell which unit that is?
    Last edited by Furin; February 23, 2010 at 06:56 PM.

Ahlerich's Avatar Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by wilking View Post
    where is the horse?

harry potter trait

Kjertesvein's Avatar Remember to smile
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Quote Originally Posted by Ahlerich View Post
    harry potter trait
    Yeah, you can say that, but where is the broom?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ahh, this looks swell. I just came home from conquering a mountain. You know those big mountains in the midde of DLV's Norway map. So Repamn, are you going to add some gooddies to the 6.3? Or polish the old scripts (and is in need of specific ideas/feedback)?

~Wille
    Thorolf was thus armed. Then Thorolf became so furious that he cast his shield on his back, and, grasping his halberd with both hands, bounded forward dealing cut and thrust on either side. Men sprang away from him both ways, but he slew many. Thus he cleared the way forward to earl Hring's standard, and then nothing could stop him. He slew the man who bore the earl's standard, and cut down the standard-pole. After that he lunged with his halberd at the earl's breast, driving it right through mail and body, so that it came out at the shoulders; and he lifted him up on the halberd over his head, and planted the butt-end in the ground. There on the weapon the earl breathed out his life in sight of all, both friends and foes. [...] 53, Egil's Saga
    I must tell you here of some amusing tricks the Comte d'Eu played on us. I had made a sort of house for myself in which my knights and I used to eat, sitting so as to get the light from the door, which, as it happened, faced the Comte d'Eu's quarters. The count, who was a very ingenious fellow, had rigged up a miniature ballistic machine with which he could throw stones into my tent. He would watch us as we were having our meal, adjust his machine to suit the length of our table, and then let fly at us, breaking our pots and glasses.
    - The pranks played on the knight Jean de Joinville, 1249, 7th crusade.

http://imgur.com/a/DMm19
    Quote Originally Posted by Finn View Post
    This is the only forum I visit with any sort of frequency and I'm glad it has provided a home for RTR since its own forum went down in 2007. Hopefully my donation along with others from TWC users will help get the site back to its speedy heyday, which will certainly aid us in our endeavor to produce a full conversion mod Rome2.

Edit: It seems that my previous assumption that the invisible mongol army was created by the family tree was not correct. I have changed the script and tested it, even though I set only the first invasion member to be a family memeber, the invisible army still occurs on the baghdad siege. My current theory is that it is caused by the number of armies set to besiege Baghdad. The siege on Sarkel has three armies attacking and it causes no bug but the siege on Baghdad has four armies attacking. Looking on the location, there might only be room for three attacks in one round. What I have done now is letting just TWO armies attack in every siege and look if I still get the invisible army. I'll post my results. Setting the Americas invasion armies back to ,family is still neccesary to prevent the corrupted save file in case a faction was already extinct at the time of the invasion.

Edit2: Egypt family tree error

The princess Fathima is defined as the wife of the heir and already has a son with him. That causes her to run around cluelessly and unmarryable on the campaign map until she dies (I would do the same in her situation). Solution is to either define her as "female, never alive" or give the heir a different wife and make her back to his sister.

Edit 3: I found a method to keep the slave fort garrison commanders inside the forts even if you increase the base movement rate to 130, with named characters set to 100 (that is exactly the distance between the most region capitals without road upgrades). First I set the winter turn to be -10 and the summer turn to be +10. Now the movement range is better but the fort commanders leave their forts. Then I added a -200 LineOfSight to the immobile trait, added a "and not FactionType slave" to the complete summer winter circle and in the end added a SummerWinterCampaign 2 to all fort commanders. The result is slaves not affected by the summer winter circle, which does not matter so much as most of their armies are just captain lead, but an endless winter for the fort commanders. Last but not least I moved the remaining forts causing a problem to better positions.

Diabekr-> 466,155
    Abydus->363,153 (region changes to Nicea)
    Jersika->336;308 (region called Letgallen) important as this fort was hindering Lits expansion!
    Kuldiga-> 305,300
    Ayla ->446,70 (Region changes to Gaza)
    Edessa->474,143 (Region changes to Mosul)
    Attalia->387,119

In the end you get optimal base movement range for armies (the distance between most region capitals), with fort commanders not leaving the forts. You can copy these changes out of the next update in my fixes thread if you like.
    Last edited by Furin; February 28, 2010 at 02:57 PM.

Kjertesvein's Avatar Remember to smile
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

It has also come to my attention that most/if not all popups does not retrive any cash. That includes Tourney, Mercinary camps, Justice gathering (sp?), etc. You get the picture.

You also said you were mixing up and thinking of some new idea's. Well, this is not specific, but I think there is alot to learn from this demo. It's quick, non graphical (explosions) and alot of functionalitys and relationship which may be easily transfared into a medieval setting http://www.positech.co.uk/democracy/

~Wille
    Thorolf was thus armed. Then Thorolf became so furious that he cast his shield on his back, and, grasping his halberd with both hands, bounded forward dealing cut and thrust on either side. Men sprang away from him both ways, but he slew many. Thus he cleared the way forward to earl Hring's standard, and then nothing could stop him. He slew the man who bore the earl's standard, and cut down the standard-pole. After that he lunged with his halberd at the earl's breast, driving it right through mail and body, so that it came out at the shoulders; and he lifted him up on the halberd over his head, and planted the butt-end in the ground. There on the weapon the earl breathed out his life in sight of all, both friends and foes. [...] 53, Egil's Saga
    I must tell you here of some amusing tricks the Comte d'Eu played on us. I had made a sort of house for myself in which my knights and I used to eat, sitting so as to get the light from the door, which, as it happened, faced the Comte d'Eu's quarters. The count, who was a very ingenious fellow, had rigged up a miniature ballistic machine with which he could throw stones into my tent. He would watch us as we were having our meal, adjust his machine to suit the length of our table, and then let fly at us, breaking our pots and glasses.
    - The pranks played on the knight Jean de Joinville, 1249, 7th crusade.

http://imgur.com/a/DMm19
    Quote Originally Posted by Finn View Post
    This is the only forum I visit with any sort of frequency and I'm glad it has provided a home for RTR since its own forum went down in 2007. Hopefully my donation along with others from TWC users will help get the site back to its speedy heyday, which will certainly aid us in our endeavor to produce a full conversion mod Rome2.

I've been playing for a while now , hitting the 1280's...All seems well , all scripts seem to be working for me so far: Tourneys , merc camps , justice , dungeon/forgiveness , ... Only one tiny bug (not sure if it's a new one or an old one) , for which I found a workaround :

Sometimes when I add 10k to my deposit no money gets substracted . When I notice no money gets substracted , I quicksave the game . Then I quickload the game and the 10k is subtracted on loading the game , and all works again as intended.

As for the America's invasion : what invasion? Sometimes I notice something's happening in America , but never ever do regions get taken over. Of all my games I only noticed once a region actually got conquered , to be reverted back to rebel settlement soon. But I guess you already knew that. I know Furin has made some propositions to balance it out.

As for the beta: my campaign is difficult , my battles are fought hard , and I'm having a lot of challenging fun.

edit : another thing I noticed , but it is in 6.2 as well : The castle I start with (Antwerp in this case as I play Flanders) doesn't allow me to recruit mailed knights , while in all other castles I can.
    Last edited by LaMuerte; March 02, 2010 at 04:25 PM.

I have a couple of sugestions for future development - maybe some of the modders will like them and get creative

1. I think all spear units in the game should be given the ability to use a sword as a secondary attack weapon as that was in fact the reality. This could add much depth to battles if the player could choose how his spear units could fight - as excellent anti-cavalry units or as medium anti-infantry units.

2. Special attention should be given to the ottoman troops and especially the janissary corps. It is a fact their standard equipment consisted of bows and swords or axes and later muskets and swords. There was no special janissary archer unit or musketeer janissary unit - there were simply janissaries armed with all those weapons.

3. More mounted units equipped with firearms should be included - virtually all the western states made use of this tipe of unit by late 16th century and again this should be reflected in the game,

4. The Genoese crossbowmen - there simply was no such militia tipe unit of this sort - and I think the game should allow for them to be recruited in cities only and another thing is the fact that this unit should have much better attack stats for both their ranged attack and their hand to hand skills since it was one of the most feared units to ever walk on a medieval battlefield

5. One special problem I see is the low cost of heavy cavalry like for example the gendarmes - they were few in number but that was because the cost of their training and armament was huge. And this is the case with all regular heavy cavalry units.

6. I would very much like to see one thing on a battlefield - medieval feudal knights charging without orders - if there is any way to make this happen it would be a miracle and a very nice thing to see as many many battles were lost by kings because their feudal cavalry charged for their own glory and many times without orders.

7. Another thing would be to increase the chance of troops to rebel - as was the case most did rebel if they were kept on campaining for more than 1-2 years. Maybe a special feature [perhaps inspired from the desertion system of the crusades] could be included here especially for feudal units [reflected in the game by units recruited from castles]

8. The Italian States - one thing that I do not like about dvl is the fact no new italian faction was added and that the units and weapons of the italians were neglected in my opinion. Much more should be done to allow for the italian factions to be what they were - urban based - semi-democratic - very rich and exceptionally well armed small powers. In my opinion more units more provinces and maybe more factions must be added to Italy.

Quote Originally Posted by rav029 View Post

6. I would very much like to see one thing on a battlefield - medieval feudal knights charging without orders - if there is any way to make this happen it would be a miracle and a very nice thing to see as many many battles were lost by kings because their feudal cavalry charged for their own glory and many times without orders.
    I fully agree. Never ,ever , in any version of this game (vanilla,dlv,ss,dartmod,...) , have I seen a heavy cavalry unit break ranks and charge without orders.

Sorry to say this, as I love DLV, and the work Repman does, but since the latest version doesn't include all of the BB mini-mod, and this version also seems to have a number of glaring bugs in it, I will be sticking to the previous version until all this is resolved. Sorry Repman, but this version isn't the best that could be offered , and thus I will await further developments and fixes.
    Former Historian & Dev Member for Broken Crescent Mod
    Dual-Major BA in Medieval History / Political Science, Adelphi University Aug. 1989
    Member of the World History Association
    Member of the Medieval Academy of America
    Member of the Richard III Society
    Member of the Society for the Study of the Crusades and Latin East
    If you like my post, please +Rep...if you dislike my post, please +REP me twice

loet66's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by CelticPagan View Post
    Sorry to say this, as I love DLV, and the work Repman does, but since the latest version doesn't include all of the BB mini-mod, and this version also seems to have a number of glaring bugs in it, I will be sticking to the previous version until all this is resolved. Sorry Repman, but this version isn't the best that could be offered , and thus I will await further developments and fixes.
    Hi,

I think these comments are a little hard to Repman

1) Remember : it's only a open beta, that means Repman needs our help to test it.

2) Some choices may not be definitive.

3) Repman made this mod for free and our pleasure. If you don't like it, don't play it.

Have a good day.
    Last edited by loet66; March 07, 2010 at 10:38 AM.

I agree!!!!
    DLV is my first mod!
    I love it like my baby!
    DLV6.3_beta1 is just a beta!
    repman, all of us Stand on your side!

DLV 6.3 is very stable and strong now !