Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: War heroes

Valiant Champion's Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: War heroes

I havent heard of any anti-war protests since Obama came into office.

Quote Originally Posted by Poet View Post
    Yes in facts they are true heroes who fight against American invasion of Iraq and again terrorists like George Washington, William Wallace and Bhagat Singh are with them.
    Like who? Zarqawi, or Al-Sadr? People who consider Washington, Wallace and Singh to be burning eternally in hellfire for their infidelity?

I'd really like a name...

s.rwitt's Avatar Shamb Conspiracy Member

I promise you won't get one.

alhoon's Avatar Moderator

I can't say that I got the meaning out of Kesa82's posts. Really.
    As said, soldiers don't serve just for the money as gardeners don't do their job just for the money. So... how that relates with anything else? What a gun has to do with the whole topic and why it was brought up when nobody asked? Valentine's day cards... emmm... what this has to do with soldiers fighting?

confused
    DIE: Diversity, Inclusion, Equality (Pun on SJWs, I am not far-right)

Developer of Causa Belli submod for Darthmod, headed by Hammeredalways and a ton of other people.
    Developer of LtC: Random maps submod for Lands to Conquer (that brings a multitude of random maps and other features).

You're not the only one...

Captain Blackadder's Avatar A bastion of sanity

I don't think the media is under reporting heroic actions the biggest news story in my country to do with the war recently was the actions of one of our soldiers who won the VC for his actions which are as follows

AUSTRALIAN ARMY
    AWARDED THE VICTORIA CROSS FOR AUSTRALIA
    TROOPER MARK GREGOR DONALDSON
    For most conspicuous acts of gallantry in action in a circumstance of great peril in Afghanistan as part of the Special Operations Task Group during Operation SLIPPER, Oruzgan Province, Afghanistan.
    Trooper Mark Gregor Donaldson enlisted into the Australian Army on 18 June 2002. After completing Recruit and Initial and Employment Training he was posted to the 1st Battalion, The Royal Australian Regiment. Having successfully completed the Special Air Service Selection Course in April 2004, Trooper Donaldson was posted to Special Air Service Regiment in May 2004.
    On 2 September 2008, during the conduct of a fighting patrol, Trooper Donaldson was travelling in a combined Afghan, US and Australian vehicle convoy that was engaged by a numerically superior, entrenched and coordinated enemy ambush. The ambush was initiated by a high volume of sustained machine gun fire coupled with the effective use of rocket propelled grenades. Such was the effect of the initiation that the combined patrol suffered numerous casualties, completely lost the initiative and became immediately suppressed. It was over two hours before the convoy was able to establish a clean break and move to an area free of enemy fire.
    In the early stages of the ambush, Trooper Donaldson reacted spontaneously to regain the initiative. He moved rapidly between alternate positions of cover engaging the enemy with 66mm and 84mm anti-armour weapons as well as his M4 rifle. During an early stage of the enemy ambush, he deliberately exposed himself to enemy fire in order to draw attention to himself and thus away from wounded soldiers. This selfless act alone bought enough time for those wounded to be moved to relative safety.
    As the enemy had employed the tactic of a rolling ambush, the patrol was forced to conduct numerous vehicle manoeuvres, under intense enemy fire, over a distance of approximately four kilometres to extract the convoy from the engagement area. Compounding the extraction was the fact that casualties had consumed all available space within the vehicles. Those who had not been wounded, including Trooper Donaldson, were left with no option but to run beside the vehicles throughout. During the conduct of this vehicle manoeuvre to extract the convoy from the engagement area, a severely wounded coalition force interpreter was inadvertently left behind. Of his own volition and displaying complete disregard for his own safety, Trooper Donaldson moved alone, on foot, across approximately 80 metres of exposed ground to recover the wounded interpreter. His movement, once identified by the enemy, drew intense and accurate machine gun fire from entrenched positions. Upon reaching the wounded coalition force interpreter, Trooper Donaldson picked him up and carried him back to the relative safety of the vehicles then provided immediate first aid before returning to the fight.
    On subsequent occasions during the battle, Trooper Donaldson administered medical care to other wounded soldiers, whilst continually engaging the enemy.
    Trooper Donaldson’s acts of exceptional gallantry in the face of accurate and sustained enemy fire ultimately saved the life of a coalition force interpreter and ensured the safety of the other members of the combined Afghan, US and Australian force. Trooper Donaldson’s actions on this day displayed exceptional courage in circumstances of great peril. His actions are of the highest accord and are in keeping with the finest traditions of the Special Operations Command, the Australian Army and the Australian Defence Force.

So not everywhere ignores the actions of the brave soldiers of the armed forces and the great job that they do.
    Patronised by happyho
    Patron of Thoragoros, Chilon
    Member of the Legion of Rahl

Did he survive?

Developer of Causa Belli submod for Darthmod, headed by Hammeredalways and a ton of other people.
    Developer of LtC: Random maps submod for Lands to Conquer (that brings a multitude of random maps and other features).

What about the Baghdad sniper? He is a true hero, and rolemodel of many Iraqi kids.

Oh? What heroic deeds did he perform? Who are these kids? You have talked to them? Everything that comes from you these days is half-amusing, half-pitiable.
    قرطاج يجب ان تدمر

Quote Originally Posted by motiv-8 View Post
    Oh? What heroic deeds did he perform? Who are these kids? You have talked to them? Everything that comes from you these days is half-amusing, half-pitiable.
    He has done plenty of kills, just like these "heroes" mentioned in the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirov123 View Post
    The heroes in this thread have jumped over grenades and torn to pieces or dived under machine gun fire to save others. Not one of the people I put up as hero is there for his "kill ratio". Most of the heroes in this thread died in their attempt to save others. The few that survived have sustained injury.

Wow, so.. simply killing people makes you a hero? That's some definition you have there.
    قرطاج يجب ان تدمر

Poet's Avatar Praepositus

What about the Baghdad sniper? He is a true hero, and rolemodel of many Iraqi kids.
    He is my hero of the war, anyone who sends a bullet to the right address of an airhead American soldier's skull, in Iraq or Afghanistan, is my hero.
    "I have always held the religion of Muhammad in high estimation because of its wonderful vitality. It is the only religion which appears to me to possess that assimilating capacity to the changing phase of existence which can make itself appeal to every age. I have studied him - the wonderful man and in my opinion far from being an anti-Christ, he must be called the Saviour of Humanity. I believe that if a man like him were to assume the dictatorship of the modern world, he would succeed in solving its problems in a way that would bring it the much needed peace and happiness: I have prophesied about the faith of Muhammad that it would be acceptable to the Europe of tomorrow as it is beginning to be acceptable to the Europe of today." 'The Genuine Islam,' Vol. 1, No. 8, 1936.Sir George Bernard Shaw

Are you talking about Juba again? I already told you that is a well known hoax and was nothing more than an insurgent propaganda tool.

Somehow you still didn't grasp it. Somehow...

---------------------
    He is my hero of the war, anyone who sends a bullet to the right address of an airhead American soldier's skull, in Iraq or Afghanistan, is my hero.
    That's because you totally misunderstand the Iraq and Afghan Wars or what our troops do there due to your being among the least misinformed members here when it comes to the subject. You literally don't know dick about either war.

I mean for ****s sake you've actually claimed that soldiers are there to exterminate and convert the population. Do you have any idea how absolutely retarded that is? Completely disregarding the fact that it's utter bull****, there is the small problem that it is IMPOSSIBLE TO CONVERT DEAD PEOPLE. How someone can actually spout the nonsense you do on this board and expect to be taken seriously is beyond me.

And, again, he was a hoax. He was a compilation of many different sniper attacks. You're wrong again, no surprise there though is there?
    Last edited by s.rwitt; February 23, 2010 at 04:28 PM.

Captain Blackadder's Avatar A bastion of sanity

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    Did he survive?
    Yes he did I supposie part of the reason it made such big news was that it was the first VC awarded since the Vietnam war.
    Patronised by happyho
    Patron of Thoragoros, Chilon
    Member of the Legion of Rahl

Poet... what you said is kind of offensive and a lot of people will get pissed off that you wished for American soldiers to die. I'm........so..........argh! just it. We're not going to change his beliefs however offensive they maybe.

EDIT: A hero is not someone who gets kills but someone who selflessly sacrifices oneself for a comrade.
    'Sup Gentlemen...
    "Militant" Atheist (Just kidding)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxGMqKCcN6A
    My Political Profile http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?p=8819965#post8819965

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Blackadder View Post
    Yes he did I supposie part of the reason it made such big news was that it was the first VC awarded since the Vietnam war.
    But that was a British guy that re-entered service and got cranium injuries.

Color photography?

Poet's Avatar Praepositus

May I ask a simple question and expect a simple answer to that, what makes a man a true hero?
    "I have always held the religion of Muhammad in high estimation because of its wonderful vitality. It is the only religion which appears to me to possess that assimilating capacity to the changing phase of existence which can make itself appeal to every age. I have studied him - the wonderful man and in my opinion far from being an anti-Christ, he must be called the Saviour of Humanity. I believe that if a man like him were to assume the dictatorship of the modern world, he would succeed in solving its problems in a way that would bring it the much needed peace and happiness: I have prophesied about the faith of Muhammad that it would be acceptable to the Europe of tomorrow as it is beginning to be acceptable to the Europe of today." 'The Genuine Islam,' Vol. 1, No. 8, 1936.Sir George Bernard Shaw

Easy. Sacrificing himself for others.

Next?

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast