Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: This is just despicable!!!

Tiberios's Avatar Le Paysan Soleil
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Default Re: This is just despicable!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ♔IPA35♔ View Post
    Occupying a country is truely despicable aswell.
    No, not really when people like the Taliban are ruling. Letting said country continue to be ruled by a gang of nazi like thugs is much more despicable.

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Goldwater View Post
    Not when the country refuses to turn over a wanted terrorist responsible for the death of thousands of your citizens and is a genocidal, medieval state ruled by barbarians.

Hell the Taliban are comparable to the Nazis, the only difference being that they aren't anywhere near as efficient (but they are quite brutal - see their genocidal campaigns against the Hazara).
    No, I think that the reason this "occupation" (I wouldn't call it that) isn't despicable is:

Not when the country refuses to turn over a wanted terrorist responsible for the death of thousands of your citizens and is a genocidal, medieval state ruled by barbarians.
    The Taliban harbored Bin Laden. They refused to give him up. They didn't even say "We would give him up... but we can't find him." They said "F### you!"

What I found despicable is the way USA treated this war back in the 2002. Just a few thousand soldiers for 2 months and off-we-go, as if Afghanistan can be made secure by capturing the cities, giving them over to Heroin dealers and then leaving.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Poet's Avatar Praepositus

Nothing is more despicable than causing death of 1200000 citizens of country, because of a lie.
    "I have always held the religion of Muhammad in high estimation because of its wonderful vitality. It is the only religion which appears to me to possess that assimilating capacity to the changing phase of existence which can make itself appeal to every age. I have studied him - the wonderful man and in my opinion far from being an anti-Christ, he must be called the Saviour of Humanity. I believe that if a man like him were to assume the dictatorship of the modern world, he would succeed in solving its problems in a way that would bring it the much needed peace and happiness: I have prophesied about the faith of Muhammad that it would be acceptable to the Europe of tomorrow as it is beginning to be acceptable to the Europe of today." 'The Genuine Islam,' Vol. 1, No. 8, 1936.Sir George Bernard Shaw

Treize's Avatar Dux Limitis

Hell the Taliban are comparable to the Nazis, the only difference being that they aren't anywhere near as efficient (but they are quite brutal - see their genocidal campaigns against the Hazara).
    If you wanted to capture a man that you said is hiding in A-stan than why not send commando's and/or trow some bombs on his hideout?
    Why the occupation that you cannot win?

Quote Originally Posted by Kralle18 View Post
    No, not really when people like the Taliban are ruling. Letting said country continue to be ruled by a gang of nazi like thugs is much more despicable.
    Because the Karzai administration is any better??
    Massive corruption, a rich few and the same old theocratic madness.
    He's like Diem with a lower bodycount.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    In other news our government is in a very deep crisis as 1 of the 3 ruling parties does not want to stay in A-stan after 2010 (as all three parties have promissed to the voter!). I hope they don't give in to the evil christen-democrats.

Appearantly Biden even blackmailed us, another reason to leave ASAP.
    Last edited by Treize; February 19, 2010 at 05:21 AM.
    Miss me yet?

boofhead's Avatar Dux Limitis

Occupying a country is truely despicable aswell.
    Not necessarily.

Nothing is more despicable than causing death of 1200000 citizens of country, because of a lie.
    Are you talking about Iraq? The number you just pulled out of your nether-regions is the big lie.

Fine I minimize 600000 Iraqis, now it's fine to cause death of 600000 Iraqis because of a lie?
    "I have always held the religion of Muhammad in high estimation because of its wonderful vitality. It is the only religion which appears to me to possess that assimilating capacity to the changing phase of existence which can make itself appeal to every age. I have studied him - the wonderful man and in my opinion far from being an anti-Christ, he must be called the Saviour of Humanity. I believe that if a man like him were to assume the dictatorship of the modern world, he would succeed in solving its problems in a way that would bring it the much needed peace and happiness: I have prophesied about the faith of Muhammad that it would be acceptable to the Europe of tomorrow as it is beginning to be acceptable to the Europe of today." 'The Genuine Islam,' Vol. 1, No. 8, 1936.Sir George Bernard Shaw

Barry Goldwater's Avatar Mr. Conservative

Quote Originally Posted by Poet View Post
    Are you suggesting 9/11 is a lie...again?

If you wanted to capture a man that you said is hiding in A-stan than why not send commando's and/or trow some bombs on his hideout?
    Why the occupation that you cannot win?
    That may have sounded like a good idea at the time...of course, we should still remember that Bin Laden was under Taliban protection in a country with rough terrain and lots of hidey-holes, which (as you may have thought) makes things a wee bit harder.

Not like we should have waited that long to invade anyway, the Taliban being genocidal tyrants should have been enough cause for mass international intervention.

@ Ex-Mister Borat (I can recognize you whatever getup you make- A Persian poet)

Sir! Iraq was attacked on base of WMDs and that is biggest ing despicable thing.

@ Ex-Mister Borat (I can recognize you whatever getup you make- A Persian poet)

Sir! Iraq was attacked on base of WMDs and that is biggest ing despicable thing.
    I'm sorry, but what does Iraq have to do with the Taliban & Afghanistan?

Fine I minimize 600000 Iraqis, now it's fine to cause death of 600000 Iraqis because of a lie?
    Far, far less. And 90% or more were killed by fellow Iraqis. The only people in the world who have a better record than Iraqis of killing fellow civilians are the drug-lords in northern Mexico.

I guess it's typical though of certain people to play the perpetual martyr. ''I only put the drill to his temple and his elbow and ankle because he was an infidel'' etc.

I'm sorry, but what does Iraq have to do with the Taliban & Afghanistan?
    We are just comparing that who has done much biggest despicable things Ex-Mistar Borat!

Heinz Guderian's Avatar *takes off trousers

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post

The Taliban harbored Bin Laden. They refused to give him up. They didn't even say "We would give him up... but we can't find him." They said "F### you!"

They did actually offer him up for a trial as long as evidence was presented. At first they said the trial would be conducted under Taliban law then they said international law. Colin Powell first said he would provide the evidence to the world, but then they found that grainy tape.

We are just comparing that who has done much biggest despicable things Ex-Mistar Borat!
    Right...get back to me when we start whipping women who don't look like walking tents and who dare go around with a man unrelated to them, commit genocide in an inefficient but extremely brutal manner and stone adulterers to death in stadiums.

Copperknickers II's Avatar quaeri, si sapis
    Citizen

Good idea, I'd absolutely love to see Poet try and defend or rationalize this.
    Poet is Pakistani isn't he? In which case the Taleban are currently engaged in attacking his own country and trying to kill any of his relatives currently serving in the armed forces. Why would he possibly defend them?

Huh? That's not 'common sense', that's ing cowardice and one would deserve to be hung, drawn and quartered if captured alive after pulling something like that.
    Which is of course much more humane.

You know this moral relativistic bull is quite irritating. In what royally ed up world is it A-OK to use civilians as human shields because that might improve your chances of winning/making it out of the battlefield alive?
    Its not ok. Killing a human being is never ok, simple as that.

And in what ed-up world is it possible to sympathize with the Taliban, the cowardly, medieval-minded pricks who have proven, time and time again, that they are lower than worms and centipedes?
    They are just ordinary people trying to defend their homes from invaders. Please stop projecting your ridiculous Western principles on the Taleban in order to justify the actions of the west. Western principles are for educated westerners only, not Afghan tribesmen. Who are the cowards, anyway? Imo, the cowards are the combined forces of tens of thousands, with 21st Century technology, who are currently destroying the poorest nation on earth in the interests of 'national security'. We should be ashamed of what we are doing to Afghanistan, and i frankly find these cheering parades in Britain disgusting.

Then you wouldn't mind us carpet-bombing A-Stan, would ya? Hey, you said it yourself - either 'nothing is acceptable or everything is' in war. Why should we use insane double standards here? Why would the Taliban using human shields be acceptable, but 'the West' carpet bombing them not? We'd be doing it for the same reasons, too - to improve our chances at winning the war.
    Obviously i prefer 'nothing' to 'everything', but in all honesty i would prefer us to carpet bomb the entire country for a month. At least then we stop the false pretences that we are somehow morally superior to the peasants of Afghanistan.
    A new mobile phone tower went up in a town in the USA, and the local newspaper asked a number of people what they thought of it. Some said they noticed their cellphone reception was better. Some said they noticed the tower was affecting their health.

A local administrator was asked to comment. He nodded sagely, and said simply: "Wow. And think about how much more pronounced these effects will be once the tower is actually operational."

whipping women is not equal to dropping cluster bombs on Afghan villages and bombing marriages, America, as we all know, practiced no care from the beginning to avoid civilian loss as she never did ever.

@ Copperknickers II

+ rep and lot of love.

Edit: This is what I call much despicable than Taliban deeds, are their deeds also despicable? Yes with their fellow Muslims and innocent Non-Muslims only.

Use of Depleted Uranium, Cluster and Daisy Cutter Bombs

Source

The United States-led alliance began its air campaign in Afghanistan on October 7, 2001. While the Pentagon has been reluctant to talk of specific weapons used in the bombing, U.S. military sources have told Human Rights Watch that the Air Force began dropping cluster bombs within a matter of days. During the first week of the campaign, it is believed that Air Force B-1 bombers dropped 50 CBU-87 cluster bombs in some five missions. CBU-87 cluster bomb use has continued after the first week, and it is believed that other airplanes joined B-1s in dropping cluster bombs on both fixed and mobile targets.

Source

"What causes the documented high level of civilian casualties -- 3,000 - 3,400 [October 7, 2001 through March 2002] civilian deaths -- in the U.S. air war upon Afghanistan? The explanation is the apparent willingness of U.S. military strategists to fire missiles into and drop bombs upon, heavily populated areas of Afghanistan."

When U.S. warplanes strafed [with AC-130 gunships] the farming village of Chowkar-Karez, 25 miles north of Kandahar on October 22-23rd,killing at least 93 civilians, a Pentagon official said,"the people there are dead because we wanted them dead." The reason? They sympathized with the Taliban1. When asked about the Chowkar incident, Rumsfeld replied, "I cannot deal with that particular village."

Mother ers

Source

What International Criminal Tribunal for Afghanistan at Tokyo says;

Apart from using DU weapons with the full knowledge of the Defendant, the Commander-in-Chief of the military forces of the United States, Cluster Bombs and Fuel-Air Explosives (Daisy Cutters) were used by the United States military.
    In "Fatally Flawed: Cluster bombs and Their Use by the United States in Afghanistan" Human Rights Watch reported that -
    ". . . the US arsenal included cluster bombs, large bombs that release hundreds of smaller ammunitions or bomblets. . . . they also have serious civilian side effects . . . (the areas over which the bomblets disperse) as well as the fact that they leave behind large numbers of unexploded sub-munitions, that they become de facto land mines.
    "The United States dropped about 1,228 cluster bombs containing 248,056 bomblets between October 2001 and March 2002. . . . The United States primarily used two models, the CBU-87, a veteran of the Gulf War and the NATO bombing campaign in Yugoslavia, and the new `wind-corrected' CBU-103. . . . Navy CBU-99s, CBU-100s and JSOW-As were also used."

Source

13, Use of genocidal and omnicidal radioactive Depleted Uranium weapons n Afghanistan, a war crime, genocide, and omnicide
    The evidence presented before the Tribunal, which has shocked the conscience of the judges of this Tribunal, is the thoroughly researched evidence on the genocidal and omnicidal nature of Depleted Uranium weapons used in Afghanistan by United States military forces, with the Defendant as their Commander-in-Chief by Leuren Moret, President, Scientists For Indigenous People, City of Berkeley Environmental Commissioner; Professor Katsuma Yagasaki of the Faculty of Science of the Ryukyus University, Okinawa; and of Major Doug Rokke, Professor of Physics and Geosciences of Jacksonville State University, former Director of DU weapons project of the US army from 1994-1995 in charge of the cleaning up of DU in Iraq, himself affected by DU.

Last edited by Poet; February 19, 2010 at 06:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Copperknickers II View Post
    Poet is Pakistani isn't he? In which case the Taleban are currently engaged in attacking his own country and trying to kill any of his relatives currently serving in the armed forces. Why would he possibly defend them?

Which is of course much more humane.

Its not ok. Killing a human being is never ok, simple as that.

They are just ordinary people trying to defend their homes from invaders. Please stop projecting your ridiculous Western principles on the Taleban in order to justify the actions of the west. Western principles are for educated westerners only, not Afghan tribesmen. Who are the cowards, anyway? Imo, the cowards are the combined forces of tens of thousands, with 21st Century technology, who are currently destroying the poorest nation on earth in the interests of 'national security'. We should be ashamed of what we are doing to Afghanistan, and i frankly find these cheering parades in Britain disgusting.

Obviously i prefer 'nothing' to 'everything', but in all honesty i would prefer us to carpet bomb the entire country for a month. At least then we stop the false pretences that we are somehow morally superior to the peasants of Afghanistan.
    The poster in question has repeatedly called the Taliban 'freedom fighters' and the West 'crusaders', so...yeah.

And it would be well deserved, though if you're looking for something 'more humane' perhaps a quick and simple hanging would suffice. That's more than they deserve.

Then what does that make dragging a random innocent into the middle of a firefight to cover your cowardly ass?

Uh, I'd beg to differ - the 'cowards' here are none other than the medieval-minded scum who skulk around in mountains, plant roadside bombs, actively target civilians, use human shields and brutally oppress their subjects when they aren't on the run. S.Rwitt's earlier posts should show you that ISAF is far from cowardly, and they (along with the Afghan government) come a lot closer to being 'freedom fighters' than the Taliban (I mean hell, what freedom are they fighting for? The freedom to force women into becoming walking tents, the freedom to massacre ethnic and religious minorities, the freedom to messily kill people for trivial 'crimes'?). Anyone who supports them disgusts me - just because they were the defenders doesn't make them the 'good guys'.

No, coward is that super power which was begging peace and respectful retreat before operation moshtarak and would be doing so after that operation, yes Taliban when they fight against invaders are freedom fighters, just like when they oppress women they are oppressors.

O taliban, O muslim brothers

The Taliban had Hazarajat totally isolated from the rest of the world going as far as not allowing the United Nations to deliver food to the provinces of Bamiyan, Ghor, Wardak, and Ghazni.[21]. During the years that followed, Hazaras suffered severe oppression and many large ethnic massacres were carried out by the predominately ethnic Pashtun Taliban and are documented by such groups as the Human Rights Watch.[22] These human rights abuses not only occurred in Hazarajat, but across all areas controlled by the Taliban. Particularly after their capture of Mazar-e Sharif in 1998, where after a massive killing of some 8000 civilians, the Taliban openly declared that the Hazaras would be targeted. Mullah Niazi, the commander of the attack and governor of Mazar after the attack, similar to Abdur Rahman Khan over 100 years ago, declared the Shia Hazara as infidels:

Hazaras are not Muslim, they are Shi’a. They are kafir [infidels]. The Hazaras killed our force here, and now we have to kill Hazaras... If you do not show your loyalty, we will burn your houses, and we will kill you. You either accept to be Muslims or leave Afghanistan... wherever you go we will catch you. If you go up, we will pull you down by your feet; if you hide below, we will pull you up by your hair.
    The true sons of pigs and apes. They drove around in jeeps and killed every living thing. Men, women, children and even donkeys, dogs, sheep, goats etc.
    Last edited by boofhead; February 19, 2010 at 06:55 AM.

Lysimachus's Avatar Spirit Cleric

Taliban when they fight against invaders are freedom fighters
    Nice, noble freedom fighters who use human shields and roadside bombs in comparison to the evil westerners who actually go in to save the country from scum like the Taliban. Hm?

No, coward is that super power which was begging peace and respectful retreat before operation moshtarak and would be doing so after that operation, yes Taliban when they fight against invaders are freedom fighters, just like when they oppress women they are oppressors.

FFFFF-

Look Poet, talking to the Taliban doesn't = 'begging for peace'. I mean hell the same thing worked wonders in Iraq, why shouldn't we try it elsewhere?

And if the Nazis were to organize a resistance movement against the Allies after WW2, would you consider them 'freedom fighters' too?