Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dragonlance Total War Mini Preview #1

Default Re: Dragonlance Total War Mini Preview #1

Yeah, it is a gift

So I dug out some of my old books last night, and should be able to start posting information on the Dragon Armies, composition, starting locations, leadership, and other subjects next week (I have to go to a wedding this weekend)

I have a list of all the dragon Highlords, and their commanders (should be able to simulte a family tree, or keep it similar to how the Teutonic Order generates its genearals?)

I can to the same for the good factions, but those are less complex as the good factions all start in their homelands, and have much more unified rosters, and a more normal family tree.

So basically the Dragon Armies all expanded from Nereka a few years before Dragons of Autumn Twighlight begins. Sanction was the first target.

I am thinking that having 5 seperate dragon Armies is the best way to simulate the war. Even if you want to keep the rosters identical, you can simply include different colors on the uniforms and banners to signify which army it is.

I had some quick ideas which may be rather random, but I think would be great for the mod.

1) Dragons

a) Evil dragons can have the frighten enemy trait, to simulate dragon fear

b) Good dragons can have the morale boost effect like the holy cross, or the preist unit from the Teutonic Order.

c) In the novels the good dragons do not enter until late in the war. I am not sure how to simulate this without breaking game balance. Maybe make good dragons available after an event? And have it either turn driven, or you have to meet certian criteria to unlock them?

2) Daconians

a) I hope all 5 types will be represented.

b) Having elite Sivaks from the Queens Own would be sweet. Only recruitable in Nekera, due to the temple.

c) I do not think having the death effects is possible with the engine limitations, but giving some special abilities would be nice.

d) Auraks were spell casters and rare, so they can have a small unit size. Maybe make them similar to the Byzantine flame thrower unit to simulate magic?

e) Sivaks should be similar to battlefield assasins, can hide anywhere. (As they could look like the enemy)

f) Bozaks were spell casters as well. I do not think the body exploding on death is an option.......
    Maybe have them throw those flaming clay pots?

g) Kapaks, have a great attack due to poison weapons, when they lick them.

h) Baaz, good attack and defense to simulate turning to stone on death?

I will also get some of my other books from home this weekend, 7 hour drive tonight to go to my friends wedding tomorrow. And I will raid my parents attick to get my old old books while I visit.

I am going to grab The War of The Lance, as it has a lot of battle references in it giving army composition, etc. I have some role palying books, as well as all of the full novels, so I will be able to get out as much information as possibe.

I have always wanted to play a game controlling the Red Dragon Army in conquering the world!!!!

Will real combat be included? It is in Stainless Steel, and makes for much more realistic unit stats, and combat.

Damn I am getting excited about this mod!

“Never forget who you are, for surely the world won’t. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armor yourself in it, & it will never be used to hurt you.” – Tyrion Lannister

"The North remembers" Wyman The Godfather Manderly

Huene's Avatar Aimless Wanderer

the dragonarmies will have the TO style family.

for dragons i think they will not be first release... or if they are they wont be a unit simply a mount.
    this will probably be of some interest to you.

for the draconians... we already have the base model done. the rest of them are just a question of changing weapons and different skins. see here. however we havent done much talking about how to impliment the death effects, if we do at all.

Nice!!! I actually like the idea of using the Dragons primarily as mounts. I am guessing enigne limitations are also a problem. If I remember correctly they would be flying at a low altitude anyway, and be targetable by ground units. That was the problem on implementing dragons in Westeros Total War.

Yeah the Dcaconian death effect would also be more harmfull to the draconian units themselves, with the way units group in the mod. You could just sit back and shoot some Bozzaks and watch the entire unit explode one after the other.

I love the models!!! Keep up the great work!

“Never forget who you are, for surely the world won’t. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armor yourself in it, & it will never be used to hurt you.” – Tyrion Lannister

ok just cause im a sucker for flattery... heres this

Quote Originally Posted by Huene View Post
    ok just cause im a sucker for flattery... heres this
    Sweet. No flatttery, but these models look really good.

With the dragons as mounts, it would work really well to have the 5 different dragon armies for evil factions.

So the Red Army would only have red dragons etc.

The rosters can be identical.....and even if recoloring units is hard, how about simply changing the banner colors?

The only reason I ask is that the Knights of Takhisis were not founded until her downfall at the end of the war of the lance.

So with the given timeline begining 1 year AC, there are no dark knights. Can still use the same units, just name them differently?

Not trying to be pushy just throwing ideas around. Let me know what you think.
    Last edited by ShadowKiller2000; September 17, 2010 at 03:45 PM.

Good job, last time I visited I think this was mostly a concept.

ajak60's Avatar Biarchus

Just wait, theres more on the way shortly

yup this preview is way outdated.

this is still fully in progress right?

ajak60's Avatar Biarchus

of course died out a little bit due to the holidays but other than last week, we are going full steam ahead! stay tuned for more updates coming shortly

I could attempt to lend a hand, but no promises. Just point me in the right direction. (no scripting though)

ajak60's Avatar Biarchus

register for the developers forum always looking for advice in there

Damn that mino looks great im a little late to comment but lets see more updates!!!

ajak60's Avatar Biarchus

coming soon

Senator

how are you going to do dragons, that can fly and fight in the air? (not saying you can't - just wondering)

All pictures links are dead...

Quote Originally Posted by Huene View Post
    you are correct. i couldnt figure out how you knew we wanted that many units!

Just one question really, WHERE THE F$#@ ARE the gnomes man.. Haha, favorite book series.. I hope y'all are still developing this. Also, do we have any wolves on evil factions? From what I remember, there were some pretty nasty wolves in the book.
    Last edited by Majordea; March 26, 2018 at 12:50 AM.

so, I'm guessing that this mod is DEAD!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12