Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to install correctly! - my experience

Icon3 How to install correctly! - my experience

Hi guys,
    i am a new member here, but have been here from time to time.
    First of all, sorry for my bad english.
    Then i wanna say thx to all the modders of Renaissance - its fantastic.
    Ive read a lot about doesnt work...
    So i will post what ive done - my game works

0. install medieval and patch it to version 1.3
    1. download, unpack and start setup
    2. chose your medieval folder and delete the subfolder renaissance 2.75 in
    C:\Medieval2\Renaissance Total War 2.75 (example) - Renaissance creats its own subfolder automatically
    3. (optional - factions with a few settlements in the start could need some help) get DrIstvaan's Economy Quickfix for Renaissance 2.75 - for balance - trade will be the important income part - just unpack to renaissance\data and overwrite
    4. attachement got this! --> change config.txt like this: (the [game]-part isnt necessary, the [io] is important, because i think thats the reason why the bat-file doesnt start the game as people mentioned)

[io]
    file_first = true

[features]
    mod = Renaissance

[game]
    advanced_stats_always = 0
    advisor_verbosity = 0
    ai_factions = skip
    allusers = 1
    auto_save = 1
    blind_advisor = 0
    campaign_map_game_speed = 10
    campaign_map_speed_up = 0
    campaign_num_time_play = 184
    chat_msg_duration = 10000
    disable_arrow_markers = 1
    disable_events = 0
    english = 0
    event_cutscenes = 1
    fatigue = 1
    first_time_play = 0
    label_characters = 0
    label_settlements = 1
    micromanage_all_settlements = 1
    morale = 1
    mute_advisor = 0
    no_campaign_battle_time_limit = 1
    pref_factions_played = 40474
    tutorial_battle_played = 0
    tutorial_path = norman_prologue/battle_of_hastings
    unit_size = normal
    use_quickchat = 0

5. game crashes sometimes by chosing characters of some nations on the campaign map - sound of darthmod is the problem - is only for english versions and doesnt appear in the system.log -->
    6. copy events.dat and events.idx from Medieval II Total War\data\sounds to Renaissance\data\sounds
    (most important )
    7. attachment got this! --> I got Medieval Gold Version - however the original battle_models isnt correct - the venetian_heavy_infantry fights in partial plate and, when upgraded, in the leather outfit.
    The Modders fixed, but didnt tested it (seems so - sorry guys ), so there is a CTD everytime if a venetian_heavy_infantry unit is involved in the battle -->
    (for guys with self-confidence )
    a. make a backup of the Renaissance\data\unit_models\battle_models (Errors here wont appear in system.log and game cant start anymore. Also its hard to find them, because p.e. a deleted space between to symbols could be the problem)
    b. copy the following into Renaissance\data\unit_models\battle_models (open with editor) over the existing lines: (search: venetian_heavy_infantry)

0 -0.34999999 0.80000001 0.60000002 23 venetian_heavy_infantry 1 4 72 unit_models/_Units/LN_Brigandine_heavy/venetian_heavy_infantry_lod0.mesh 121 72 unit_models/_Units/LN_Brigandine_heavy/venetian_heavy_infantry_lod1.mesh 900 72 unit_models/_Units/LN_Brigandine_heavy/venetian_heavy_infantry_lod2.mesh 2500 72 unit_models/_Units/LN_Brigandine_heavy/venetian_heavy_infantry_lod3.mesh 6400 1 6 venice 77 unit_models/_Units/LN_Brigandine_heavy/textures/LN_ Brigandine_venice.texture 77 unit_models/_Units/LN_Brigandine_heavy/textures/LN_ Brigandine_normal.texture 58 unit_sprites/venice_Venetian_Heavy_Infantry_ug1_sprite.spr 1 6 venice 60 unit_models/AttachmentSets/Final Italian_venice_diff.texture 60 unit_models/AttachmentSets/Final Italian_venice_norm.texture 0 1 4 None 9 MTW2_Mace 0 2 17 MTW2_Mace_Primary 14 fs_test_shield 0 16 -0.090000004 0 0 -0.34999999 0.80000001 0.60000002 27 venetian_heavy_infantry_ug1 1 3 77 unit_models/_Units/LN_3QPlate_HalfPlate/venetian_heavy_infantry_ug1_lod0.mesh 121 77 unit_models/_Units/LN_3QPlate_HalfPlate/venetian_heavy_infantry_ug1_lod1.mesh 1225 77 unit_models/_Units/LN_3QPlate_HalfPlate/venetian_heavy_infantry_ug1_lod2.mesh 6400 1 6 venice 81 unit_models/_Units/LN_3QPlate_HalfPlate/textures/mtw2_LN_halfplate_venice.texture 81 unit_models/_Units/LN_3QPlate_HalfPlate/textures/mtw2_LN_halfplate_normal.texture 54 unit_sprites/venice_Venetian_Heavy_Infantry_sprite.spr 1 6 venice 60 unit_models/AttachmentSets/Final Italian_venice_diff.texture 60 unit_models/AttachmentSets/Final Italian_venice_norm.texture 0 1 4 None 9 MTW2_Mace 0 2 17 MTW2_Mace_Primary 14 fs_test_shield 0 16 -0.090000004 0

be sure that between the 0 at the beginning and the 0 at the end are 2 spaces to the 0 before respectivly after (halberd dude before and bardiche dude after the venetian_heavy_infantry)

Doesnt look great on the battlefield, but it works...

There are still sometimes CTDīs - 1 or 2 in a few hours of playing - so it doesnt annoy.
    There is the autosave and nexttime loaded it doesnt appear again.
    They happen, when the ai-factions move.
    It seems that they do some stupid moves on the campaign map or something like this and they arent connected with events. years or whatever people posted here.
    So i cant really say where the problem is.

Thats how i did it - i hope this can help some of you.

The Attachment includes the changed battle_models.txt and config.txt - just delete the "ren" and the "Einst" in the name (every mod gets a short name, so i know what is on ) and copy and paste it over the original renaissance ones!
    Last edited by Condottiere Giovanni dīMedici; February 20, 2010 at 06:01 PM.

Default Re: How to install correctly! - my experience

and if you have kingdoms? witch version do you have than?

DrIstvaan's Avatar Artifex

@OP
    Thanks for your time helping out!
    @klok
    Kingdoms patches M2TW to 1.3 by itself.

You may want to take a look at my small mod, Like Orange in Black Chocolate.
    Under the patronage of Silver Guard

Update!

I try to play with all factions to find other existing errors.
    Hope this helps anyone out there...

How can i attach something?
    I tried to upload and nothing happened - do i need permission?

Update!

Hi klok,
    look at point 4 - this should help

Upload....lets see what happens

Finally i got it.

if you like...Renaissance Campaign Stuff:
    descr_character, descr_strat, descr_win_conditions
    - changed movement-points back to normal - so characters cant "fly" over the map
    - changed rounds per year to 2 - so summer and winter suit to the years
    - changed condition to over 140 or 150 - so game doesnt end, when reachd a number and player defines end by himself
    - copy descr_strat and descr_win_conditions over the ones in Medieval2\Renaissance\data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign\
    - copy descr_character over the one in Medieval2\Renaissance\data\

R. Repair Stuff:
    posted above - fixed battle_models and config (must have)

if you like...R. Unit Change:
    export_descr_buildings, export_descr_unit
    - gave spain the gendarmes back
    - made "real" phalanx units (halberds- and pike-units will fight with there primary weapon also against infantry, not only against cavalry - so modern armies beat medieval ones )
    - made 2 Hitpoint units to 1 HP with double size - only general unit got 2 HP
    - general unit isnt recruitable anymore in citadel
    - copy into Medieval2\Renaissance\data\

! Dont forget to delete the "ren" in the file-names !
    Last edited by Condottiere Giovanni dīMedici; February 19, 2010 at 11:47 AM.

DrIstvaan's Avatar Artifex

Hi Condottiere!
    Thanks so much for your contribution! I'm overjoyed to see there is still interest for this mod, after all this time.
    I'm giving you +1 rep for this last post of yours. If I could give more than one +rep than one at once, I'd sure do so (to reward your other helpful posts).
    Also, I've seen you're quite knowledgeble regarding M2TW modding. Once I find my new co-leader (Marv933) -we have a tendency of not being on MSN at the same time-, and have the project rolling again, do you think you can help us out as a project member?

You may want to take a look at my small mod, Like Orange in Black Chocolate.
    Under the patronage of Silver Guard

okay i have winrar and it says that the download is messed up so i can extract it to anyware

@DrIstvaan: I have only a little bit knowhow in using the editor, wordpad and the things on my keyboard
    I like this mod and the time its set, so i tried to get it to run...
    If you like so i will help you both, but i got no experiences in html or stuff like that.

@Emperor C.: I dont know. I downloaded and extracted all the attachments and i opened them. So where is the problem exactly?

when i extract it there is an error

is it a problem with winrar?

Hi,
    i tried to download and extract from another pc with a different winrar and it worked - so i guess the error must be your winrar version.
    Try this one here - no guarantee
    http://www.chip.de/downloads/WinRAR-..._12991853.html
    Last edited by Condottiere Giovanni dīMedici; February 23, 2010 at 04:16 AM.

wait that is german soo.. will it be in german?

wait sorry i didnt read it
    ROME 2 TOTAL WAR FTW!

There are still sometimes CTDīs - 1 or 2 in a few hours of playing - so it doesnt annoy.
    There is the autosave and nexttime loaded it doesnt appear again.
    They happen, when the ai-factions move.
    It seems that they do some stupid moves on the campaign map or something like this and they arent connected with events. years or whatever people posted here.
    So i cant really say where the problem is.
    So i wrote a few weeks before.
    I think that i can declare now that there will be no CTDīs anymore.
    I started with several nations and it worked fine.

the dowload is messed up

Thanks, Your english is good.

Still interest in this, wow its been a few years since I played... may have to reinstall for Old Time's Sake.

Thanks Condottiere Giovanni dīMedici !!

Hi Condotiere youīre a nice person and this is a great MOD
    BUT
    I should be stupid but iīve installed Renaissane 2.75 and later iīve installed your mod but i donīt overwrite nothing.
    Then, i canīt play with Firenze, the language is german and i canīt see some screens and no german empire.

help, gracias -thanks-
    Si la aventura de Espaņa me costara 100.000 hombres no lo intentaría pero no serán más de 12.000.
    Napoleon 1š
    ---------------------------------

If Spain's adventure cost me 100,000 men do not try but will not be over 12,000.
    Napoleon I

hi i have simple problem everything works until i choose fraction ( in the middle of loading game crashes ) btw i give you my system log file, please help

Hello - I've just downloaded (I have Med II Gold w/ Kingdoms, Win 7, Steam) and tried to find a config.txt to change the i/o lines to launch, with no luck.

I've done file and system search with no luck. Any suggestions? Thank you!

Doomsday's Avatar Civis

@desmoducati, the config.txt file is in fact called Renaissance.cfg, once changed to a txt file, it can be edited in notepad.
    @krecik86, this is the same problem i have, so far i haven't been able to sort it, am currently tring to figure out a solution and am waiting for someone more intelligent than i to get back to me.
    Aymez Loyaulté

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast