Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast

Thread: Egypt vs Israel who would win? (Limited War)

Default Re: Egypt vs Israel who would win? (Limited War)

Quote Originally Posted by justicar5 View Post
    in the case of the Yum Kippur war the Egyptians only started to lose when they advanced out of the air defence envelope they had, to try and drag more troops off their allies, if they had sat tight under the air defences it may have been a different story, however they could not project power past the SAM batteries. It is however reeally doubtful that they could pull that trick again.
    The tide of the war changed alot when Israel bombed Egypt's airforce cutting majority of there air supply.

Quote Originally Posted by 6644kp View Post
    Emm Probably not. A Syrian-Turkish attack on Golan. Why would that cause a US respons or ME nuke attack. Israel isnt THAT important. Maybe if the wanted to completly destroy Israel but they woudn't aim for that.
    It would give Israel a long, long time to harass them .
    "If you can't get rid of the skeleton in your closet, you'd best teach it to dance." - George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)

Tiberios's Avatar Le Paysan Soleil
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus

Emm Probably not. A Syrian-Turkish attack on Golan. Why would that cause a US respons or ME nuke attack. Israel isnt THAT important. Maybe if the wanted to completly destroy Israel but they woudn't aim for that.
    Except that Turkey would almost certainly not attack Israel, as that would make it impossible to enter the EU. They would just alienate themselves from the Europeans which they do not want. The economic tie with Europe are too important.

Besides, the US would probably intervene as Israel is one of the strongest US allies in the region so don't underestimate their importance.

And I'm personally convinced that if Israel would face certain destruction in a war, they would use nuclear weapons as a last meassure.

Orko's Avatar Praeses

This thread is stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Aurelius
    Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.

uzi716's Avatar Ordinarius

There are about 5 million Jews in America, an attack on Israel would not go uncontested.

Quote Originally Posted by Phier View Post

Maybe throw Indonesia in there and Pakistan too and THEN they will CRUSH them!
    I find that highly unlikely that all of these nations would join. Most of these countries are pro-USA anyway and wouldn't dare to attack a US ally. So the only countries not pro-USA would be Libya, Sudan, Libya, Syria and maybe Somalia, Algeria and Tunisia I am not sure about them.I bet Israel is trembling

And you forgot Chad where the official language is Arabic

Indefinitely Banned

There should be a poll for this thread.

Israel would win hands down, probably already been pointed out but the 6 Day War shows Israel can take on multiple Arab nations. Besides, the Arab nations have crappy second world armies while Israel's military is almost as good as those of the West. Any attack on Israel would quickly see the US and the UK join in on the Israeli side and the Arab nations don't want to mess with those bad boys.

Israel hands down. Egypt's military is terribly outdated.

Quote Originally Posted by uzi716 View Post
    I find that highly unlikely that all of these nations would join. Most of these countries are pro-USA anyway and wouldn't dare to attack a US ally. So the only countries not pro-USA would be Libya, Sudan, Libya, Syria and maybe Somalia, Algeria and Tunisia I am not sure about them.I bet Israel is trembling

And you forgot Chad where the official language is Arabic
    I was making a joke, its like how many does it take to gangbang Israel before they are destroyed hour
    "When I die, I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like Fidel Castro, not screaming in terror, like his victims."

My shameful truth.

Nevins's Avatar Semper Gumby
    Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by justicar5 View Post
    in the case of the Yum Kippur war the Egyptians only started to lose when they advanced out of the air defence envelope they had, to try and drag more troops off their allies, if they had sat tight under the air defences it may have been a different story, however they could not project power past the SAM batteries. It is however reeally doubtful that they could pull that trick again.
    Somewhat. They enjoyed such early success because of the SAM batteries that you talked about, but also because they were prepared for the what they new the Israelis would do immediately after they crossed the Suez: counter attack with their armored component. The Egyptians dug in, and annihilated the initial push with thousands of (then) modern SAGGER AT missiles. Once the Israelis adjusted their tactics to rely on combined arms (arty prep, infantry advance with tanks) the Egyptians were done for.

As several people have pointed out, this is a war that will not happen. There simply is not enough for Egypt to gain from it, and Egypt will not act alone. Syria might, but would also not attack alone. Turkey won't, Pakistan definitely won't, and that leaves precious few modern Muslim armies to carry this conflict out. It won't happen, and even if it did the Egyptians would be trounced.
    Client of the honorable Gertrudius!

I know it is extremely unlikely that these two nations will ever go to war again but say if they did which country would have the edge, im talking about a limited war and not complete conquest of the other, i.e. Egypt captures Tel Aviv and Jerusalem forcing Israel to use nuclear weapons.

No im talking about an assest of the navy, army and air force of these two nations and a war that might end in Egypt capturing the Negev and Sderot or Israel capturing Sinai.

Say
    Been done already!
    Absolutley Barking, Mudpit Mutt Former Patron: Garbarsardar

"Out of the crooked tree of humanity,no straight thing can be made." Immanuel Kant
    "Oh Yeah? What about a cricket bat? That's pretty straight. Just off the top of my head..." Al Murray, Pub Landlord.

uzi716's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by Nevins View Post
    Somewhat. They enjoyed such early success because of the SAM batteries that you talked about, but also because they were prepared for the what they new the Israelis would do immediately after they crossed the Suez: counter attack with their armored component. The Egyptians dug in, and annihilated the initial push with thousands of (then) modern SAGGER AT missiles. Once the Israelis adjusted their tactics to rely on combined arms (arty prep, infantry advance with tanks) the Egyptians were done for.

As several people have pointed out, this is a war that will not happen. There simply is not enough for Egypt to gain from it, and Egypt will not act alone. Syria might, but would also not attack alone. Turkey won't, Pakistan definitely won't, and that leaves precious few modern Muslim armies to carry this conflict out. It won't happen, and even if it did the Egyptians would be trounced.
    Well that is partly true. The reason the Egyptians lost was because they advanced out of their SAM umbrella to help the Syrians who were getting pounded in the north. The Syrians stopped their advance in the north and had they kept advancing and not allowed the Israelis to regroup and counter the outcome would be much different. Egypt had to take that risk because they needed to help their Syrian ally.

Also Israel doesn't win every war for example:

October War (1973)
    2006 Gaza War
    2006 Lebanon War
    2008-2009 Gaza War

All of these wars ended in stalemate with no clear Israeli victory or advantage.
    Is this a joke?
    The Yom Kippur war ended with Israeli units well into Egyptian territory, and with a starved and encircled Egyptian army in the Sinai.

Your 3 other examples ended with limited Israeli casualties and major losses for Hezbollah/Palestinians

Also a Turkish-Syrian co-orditnated attack on the Golan has a good chance of success.
    Based on what?
    The Muslims have been absolutely slaughtered in every conflict with Israel despite the latter being outnumbered and outgunned on numerous occasions.

Ok fine I concede im not sore. I find it peculiar though that a nation of 70 million cannot beat one of 7 million. But however the latter is heavily supported from the outside.

But on paper Israel should not be so important to America, no oil, no major manufacturing industry that exports, no natural resourses. Surely Saudi should be a much bigger ally.

Quote Originally Posted by Phier View Post

Maybe throw Indonesia in there and Pakistan too and THEN they will CRUSH them!
    IIRC, Morocco and Mauritania have good relations with Israel.

But on paper Israel should not be so important to America, no oil, no major manufacturing industry that exports, no natural resourses. Surely Saudi should be a much bigger ally.

Are you kidding me? The Israelis have on the of the strongest economies in the middle east, and they're probably one of the only countries that doesn't depend on oil for most of their revenue.

PS:
    Does anyone else think that the arabs have mostly lost their fighting spirit after the discovery of oil in the middle east?
    Oh, and one has to remember, that if Israel loses a war, there will be no more Israel, if the arabs lose a war, than oh well. So in essence, the Israelis are fierce fighters, because if they lose there will be no more Israel.
    Last edited by removeduser_052420; February 10, 2010 at 04:52 PM.

Space Wolves's Avatar Primicerius

Its all about preperation.

Anyways, how would an isreali merkava stack up against egypts m1's?

20,284 Officers Lost in the Line of Duty as of 2010-12 this month- 124 this year
    Red: Suspect inflicted: Blue Accident
    Officer Christopher A Wilson: End of Watch 10/27/10: San Diego PD, CA
    Lt. Jose A Cordova Montaez: End of Watch 10/26/10: Pureto Rico PD
    Cpt. George Green: End of Watch 10/26/10: Oklahoma Highway PD
    Deputy Sheriff Odelle McDuffle Jr. 10/25/10: Liberty Country SD, Texas
    Officer John Abraham: End of Watch 10/25/10: Teaneck PD New Jersey
    Sgt. Timothy Prunty: End of Watch 10/24/10: Shreveport PD. Louisiana

Ok fine I concede im not sore. I find it peculiar though that a nation of 70 million cannot beat one of 7 million. But however the latter is heavily supported from the outside.
    Oh please...
    The USSR's support for Egypt (and other Arab states) overshadow any support that Israel has gotten from the U.S.

Israel currently receives $3 billion, while Egypt receives $2.3 billion in U.S support.
    Last edited by Norge; February 10, 2010 at 05:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Norge View Post
    Oh please...
    The USSR's support for Egypt (and other Arab states) overshadow any support that Israel has gotten from the U.S.

Israel currently receives $3 billion, while Egypt receives $2.3 billion in U.S support.
    Yeah only those are offical figures, who knows how much goes into Israel through donations and etc...

And Israel is no Germany, Japan or China in Industry not even an Italy so yeah so much for manufacturing importance.

Orko's Avatar Praeses

And Israel is no Germany, Japan or China in Industry not even an Italy so yeah so much for manufacturing importance.
    You know, nations can ally themselves with more then just a single country....
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Aurelius
    Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Vortimore the Conqueror View Post
    You know, nations can ally themselves with more then just a single country....
    Duh... but why are they such an important ally? Why care more about Israel rather than Saudi? Afterall the latter has oil.

Duh... but why are they such an important ally? Why care more about Israel rather than Saudi? Afterall the latter has oil.
    But oil needs you as much as you need oil.
    Besides, America has lots of oil, its just saving it for when the rest of the worlds oil runs out.
    "If you can't get rid of the skeleton in your closet, you'd best teach it to dance." - George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)