Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast

Thread: Egypt vs Israel who would win? (Limited War)

Default Re: Egypt vs Israel who would win? (Limited War)

Quote Originally Posted by 6644kp View Post
    Israel is no longer undefeatable as the Hezbollah Insurgency showed (1982-2000). It ended in defeat for Israel because they were forced to withdraw from Southern Lebanon and failed to destroy Hezbollah.

Also Israel doesn't win every war for example:

October War (1973)
    2006 Gaza War
    2006 Lebanon War
    2008-2009 Gaza War

All of these wars ended in stalemate with no clear Israeli victory or advantage.

Also a Turkish-Syrian co-orditnated attack on the Golan has a good chance of success.

I wonder wich history books or news sites you are reading cause they rewrite history as they go by.

73 was a clear israeli victory. From total suprise and chaos against all neighbours to close to the capital of the 2 mayor opposing states. Given a couple more days israel would have destroyed large parts of the arab armys.

2006 gaza: hundreds of hamas dead, barely any IDF
    2006 lebanon :stalemate, or as bad for both partys
    2009 gaza : hamas undermined seriously IDF gots its objective again with virtual no problems.

Turkey? Why would they attack israel ? Why not add the USA?

Egypt and syria stand even less chance then in 73 when everything went right.

Red_legged_devils's Avatar Biarchus

For every ten Victorys there must be defeat, And for those who put Soooooo much faith in technology should beware sooner or later one's good luck will run out.

And as for the this topic Egypt will not attack isreal with out the other arab states...And isreal IS planning to attack syria with in the next few weeks or months. Everyone who's paying attention knows this by now, Isreal is fishing in dark waters this is not the 70s and China and Russia are not as weak as they once where and America is not as Strong as it once was the support for new wars is NOT there, IF i where isreal i would think LONGGGGGG And hard before cast out my fishing nets, becouse the very next time they pull the nets up china or russia maybe in it. And they are no friends of isreal expeasly Russia. And whats the BIG Deal anyways if isreal is lost? So what?? The people get dispursed into europe and the east again like has happen a dozen times already, how long did the kingdom of Jeruslem last? Nouthing last forever, and Isreal does not wan't peace, it wan'ts to expand, and it ignores the pleas of people and the UN....So when Syria said citys would be attacked, What the hell is sooooo Shocking about this? IS it becouse there JEWS??? Did The British or Americans Say OH LETS NOT Bomb German Citys becouse Germans Live there

IN War nouthing Is for Sure....And Isreal and its people should be prepaird to pay the price if it starts a war w ith syria. and expect no one to feel sorry for it if Suddenly some how a missle kills a few thousend people becouse The isrealie PM said Nouthing would be held back no Kind of Weapions all is open all is fair....So Syria could use bio weapons and anyone could hezballa? Iran, Egypet, And Could you say it was Unfair? NO matter what the Un or any treaty Says, there are no real RULES Of War...You use whatever you have to distroy the enemy, and the arabs are NOt intersted in Money gained from takeing land, But getting rid of Isreal....Anyways Isreal has expanded far beyound its Un Mandated boarders....So there fair Game. And so are there people.

Praefectus

Israel has won against Egypt three times, when Egypt had the help of Syria and Jordan and others. Egypt on its own would last about half an hour against Israel.

Red_legged_devils's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Cashmere View Post
    Israel has won against Egypt three times, when Egypt had the help of Syria and Jordan and others. Egypt on its own would last about half an hour against Israel.
    But what if China and Russia where in the war? What happens If china or russia send troops armys, Isreal would need to sue for peace quickly or be over run, I wouldnet count on America being in the game much longer we have our own problems to worry about at home, im sure the obamas and the bushs would rattle there sabers, and threaten to attack, But would they? the support for more wars and the cost of lives would be more then we could take or would stand for, and War is comeing soon for Syria and Isreal but the question IS...Will Egypt and Iran and there friends be pulled into it? My feelings are we have avoided a world war a few times, the last time with Georga and Russia. But From my Point of view, There is nouthing on earth worth repeating ww2 or ww1 again for....NO Religous site, no supposd ancient homeland is worth distroy millions of lives for. The jewish state will have to accept any pain it gets on its own, and like i said the support for war in america isent there, short of some false flag or black flag attack to pull us into the war, and convince the american people that where under attack. I can't worry about isreal when my own home land is falling appart around me. beside that isreal for all it brags about being pro-american has been a piss poor allies.

Babur's Avatar ز آفتاب درخشان ستاره می

Israel would win, especially in a conventional war such as this one
    Under the patronage of Gertrudius!

Quote Originally Posted by Red_legged_devils View Post
    But what if China and Russia where in the war? What happens If china or russia send troops armys, Isreal would need to sue for peace quickly or be over run,
    You seem to have little grasp of what that would entail.

China nor russia cant send a large enough amount of troops that far . It doesnt have the capabilities.

It could sen smaller groups but not enough to make a difference. ANd why would they? Why would china or russia attack a western democraty?

No egypt and all arab nations arent stupid they have long realised they lost and moved on.

Barry Goldwater's Avatar Mr. Conservative

Israel would win.

And I see certain posters have absolutely no grasp on reality, history or modern warfare...

Ok but say Egypt tried its 1973 strategy which would be to surprise attack the negev and capture a few kilometers of land. Then do what they did in 1973 and create a massive defense umbrella line and this time stick to it and let the Israelis throw themselves at this line, get exhaused and be forced to a cease fire.

Result=Egyptian Victory

Egpyt annex its new territory.
    You know, this might work...in, say, the 1400s.

Now the Israelis have a little something called an air force, which means they can just bomb the out of that 'defense line' without having to first actually attack it with ground forces. Hell, they could just use arty to pound it.

Quote Originally Posted by Red_legged_devils
    But what if China and Russia where in the war? What happens If china or russia send troops armys, Isreal would need to sue for peace quickly or be over run, I wouldnet count on America being in the game much longer we have our own problems to worry about at home, im sure the obamas and the bushs would rattle there sabers, and threaten to attack, But would they? the support for more wars and the cost of lives would be more then we could take or would stand for, and War is comeing soon for Syria and Isreal but the question IS...Will Egypt and Iran and there friends be pulled into it? My feelings are we have avoided a world war a few times, the last time with Georga and Russia. But From my Point of view, There is nouthing on earth worth repeating ww2 or ww1 again for....NO Religous site, no supposd ancient homeland is worth distroy millions of lives for. The jewish state will have to accept any pain it gets on its own, and like i said the support for war in america isent there, short of some false flag or black flag attack to pull us into the war, and convince the american people that where under attack. I can't worry about isreal when my own home land is falling appart around me. beside that isreal for all it brags about being pro-american has been a piss poor allies.
    What are you talking about? Neither China nor Russia have the ability or desire to attack Israel. What do either of them have to gain from that in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by Red_legged_devils View Post
    But what if China and Russia where in the war?
    Why would they be? Lets stop thinking up crazy scenarios.

Sidmen's Avatar Mangod of Earth

Quote Originally Posted by justicar5 View Post
    isreal, simply because america (among others) helps them pay for a military they could never afford on their own.
    Interestingly enough, Egypt gets more in military aid from the states' than Israel. So, one could say that Egypt would be doing better than they otherwise would because of everyone involving themselves in the region.
    "For the humble doily is indeed the gateway to ULTIMATE COSMIC POWER!"

~Sidmen, Member of the House of Wilpuri, Patronized by pannonian

None of you give the Egyptians any credit for '73 (oh and i didnt know that 1973 was part of the middle ages). You all act as if Israel is an army that always wins.
    Yet they have had to stalemate serveral times in insurgencies and the 1973 war and they were pushed out of Southern Lebanon by Hezbollah (1982-2000).

Egypt might lose if there were to be a war but certainly not in 30 minutes. Give their army some credit they have modernized alot.

uzi716's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by k995 View Post

I wonder wich history books or news sites you are reading cause they rewrite history as they go by.

73 was a clear israeli victory. From total suprise and chaos against all neighbours to close to the capital of the 2 mayor opposing states. Given a couple more days israel would have destroyed large parts of the arab armys.

2006 gaza: hundreds of hamas dead, barely any IDF
    2006 lebanon :stalemate, or as bad for both partys
    2009 gaza : hamas undermined seriously IDF gots its objective again with virtual no problems.

Turkey? Why would they attack israel ? Why not add the USA?

Egypt and syria stand even less chance then in 73 when everything went right.
    I agree Turkey would never attack Israel it would destroy any chance they have of joining the EU.

Turkey is the only country that might stand a chance against the IDF but they will never do it

Tiberios's Avatar Le Paysan Soleil
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

None of you give the Egyptians any credit for '73 (oh and i didnt know that 1973 was part of the middle ages). You all act as if Israel is an army that always wins.
    Yet they have had to stalemate serveral times in insurgencies and the 1973 war and they were pushed out of Southern Lebanon by Hezbollah (1982-2000).
    The Egyptians did much better in 73 than it did in 67, but they were still defeated by the IDF after early difficulties. That is because the Israeli army usually wins, especially in conventional conflicts.

Egypt might lose if there were to be a war but certainly not in 30 minutes. Give their army some credit they have modernized alot.
    Eqypt will probably loose the war. Besides what good does it do that their equipment is modern if they are ill trained. besides Israel has developed and modernized their armed forces too.

Maybe you overestimate them a bit.
    They have some modern equipment, but most of it is either slightly outdated american equipment or russian equipment. They arent trained in using most of this equipment. They have a terrible soviet-era officer structure that weakens them. they also have only 200,000 more men then Israel if you include both reserves and active forces.
    Israel has a very good intellegence system, it has better equipment, a flexible command structure, intellegence from various orbital and aerial recconasaince and it has quick-repair ability because it manufactures much of its own equipment.
    "If you can't get rid of the skeleton in your closet, you'd best teach it to dance." - George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)

Quote Originally Posted by uzi716 View Post
    I agree Turkey would never attack Israel it would destroy any chance they have of joining the EU.

Turkey is the only country that might stand a chance against the IDF but they will never do it
    Erdogan and Gul have Islamist backgrounds and probably a discreet Islamist agenda right now. They did try to unban headscarves and are sympthizers of the Palestinians as Erdogan made clear in Davos and other occasions. Turkey-Israel relations have detiorated dramatically. And the Turks probably don't care anymore for joining the EU. The have been looking to the east more now. So I would say a Turkish-Israeli military confrontation is now not so unlikely, and Turkey and its Arab allies would crush Israel for sure.

Tiberios's Avatar Le Paysan Soleil
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Erdogan and Gul have Islamist backgrounds and probably a discreet Islamist agenda right now. They did try to unban headscarves and are sympthizers of the Palestinians as Erdogan made clear in Davos and other occasions. Turkey-Israel relations have detiorated dramatically. And the Turks probably don't care anymore for joining the EU. The have been looking to the east more now. So I would say a Turkish-Israeli military confrontation is now not so unlikely, and Turkey and its Arab allies would crush Israel for sure.
    Except that a turkish aggression will mean they would most probably have to wave completely goodbye to any chance of ever entering the EU. Which they have no interest in.
    Secondly, a joint Turkish-Arab attack on Israel will result in a immidiate responce from the US or EU. or a nuclear destruction of the middle east.

Maybe throw Indonesia in there and Pakistan too and THEN they will CRUSH them!
    "When I die, I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like Fidel Castro, not screaming in terror, like his victims."

My shameful truth.

Most casualty: Egypt
    Loser: Egypt

Israel is backed up by America, so no chance. Conventional warfare is not for them. Plus there un-modernized rack of equipments. Israel is high tech.
    Last edited by Banana Jelly; February 10, 2010 at 11:22 AM.

Turkey has no motivation for attacking Israel though. They wouldnt even get any land out of it.
    And they dont care a fig for palestinians, especially not turkey of all places. Most arab/muslim countries do only to a limited extent, but turkey hardly at all .
    They dont contribute much money to the palestinian government, they dont send troops to arab conflicts, they dont have politicians who talk about the palestinians every day.
    The list goes on and on.
    "If you can't get rid of the skeleton in your closet, you'd best teach it to dance." - George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)

Quote Originally Posted by Kralle18 View Post
    Except that a turkish aggression will mean they would most probably have to wave completely goodbye to any chance of ever entering the EU. Which they have no interest in.
    Secondly, a joint Turkish-Arab attack on Israel will result in a immidiate responce from the US or EU. or a nuclear destruction of the middle east.
    Emm Probably not. A Syrian-Turkish attack on Golan. Why would that cause a US respons or ME nuke attack. Israel isnt THAT important. Maybe if the wanted to completly destroy Israel but they woudn't aim for that.

Quote Originally Posted by roy34543 View Post
    Hasnt anyone heard of the yom kippur war?
    Egypt "did" have the element of surprise, it was on an Israeli (jewish) fasting day and they put a fortress like defense against any aerial assault. But Israeli troops just flanked them with infantry and surrounded and would have crushed the troops if the US hadnt intervened.
    This was with Syria and various other arab countries contributing in varying amounts. On top of that Israel "had" the intel for a pre-emptive assault but decided not to undertake one because they wanted US support.
    In other words, pretty much a total failiure for egypt.
    Now egypt has an overstretched army guarding its streets , old equipment while Israel has modernized, and the egyptian army is partly funed by the US anyway .
    Things dont really look bright on the egyptian side.

Israel already captured the sinai in the past. It gave it back for peace with egypt.

in the case of the Yum Kippur war the Egyptians only started to lose when they advanced out of the air defence envelope they had, to try and drag more troops off their allies, if they had sat tight under the air defences it may have been a different story, however they could not project power past the SAM batteries. It is however reeally doubtful that they could pull that trick again.