View Poll Results: Do you like to get several ui's per culture ?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. It's great, it offers a lot of freedom.

42 95.45%
  • No. I don't know what to choose, it is confusing.

0 0%
  • I don't care. Both are fine.

1 2.27%
  • Other (precise in your post)

1 2.27%
Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: [E2DI] Enhanced 2D Interfaces - completely new ui's as of 22/11/2010 + RELEASED Patch for BftB2.0 on 28/11/2010

cedric37's Avatar Why Not ?!
    Patrician Citizen

Default Re: [E2DI] Enhanced 2D Interfaces - update 03 Mar. (Greek v1.00 RELEASED + Northern European "smart" v1.11 RELEASED)

Thanks guys, i am glad you like it
    So next one (and last one, for the strategic ui's) will be southern european ui, and i plan using a catholic/cathedral thema.

@Da Goofy: It took me approx 1 week thinking of it, 1-2 days collecting pics and thinking further to what i want, then the making of the ui itself took me roughly 2 days. So that's not so fast if you consider all the time i spent for thinking...
    (but for my 1st ui's for Call of Warhammer i spent approx 1 week just making those )
    Patronized by y2day/Patron of KDK, Swagger & Navajo Joe, of the Imperial House of Hader

Default Re: [E2DI] Enhanced 2D Interfaces - update 03 Mar. (Greek v1.00 RELEASED + Northern European "smart" v1.11 RELEASED)

Good job, cedric. I really like your interfaces.
    But in your greek UI, I found that in my greek diplomacy overview, some factions have broken symbols, they are Poland, Hungary, Aragon and Kiev. I deleted the UI and the symbols worked again. So I think maybe somewhere in your greek UI is incorrect.
    And the ME UI multicolor one will make missing description of the attitude of AI when my diplomat is negotiating.
    I am not very sure about it. Maybe it's only my problem. Hope you check it when you have time.

Patrician Citizen

Default Re: [E2DI] Enhanced 2D Interfaces - update 04 Mar. (FIXED Greek v1.01 RELEASED)

Sorry i have messed up some files from SS6.1 with SS6.2+eye candy for Greek ui; now everything is fixed.
    Thanks for noticing

For ME "multicolour" ui i think it is because it is written in white on pale blue (i just remember that the text is white in diplomacy ui ). In this case, i am afraid you will need to donwload ME "warm" ui, you won't have this issue anymore (vanilla backgrounds). Maybe i should just remove this version from download...

Can anyone confirm this and do other ui's have the same problems with diplomacy texts unreadable ?

In any case, 1st post updated with right greek ui files and thanks again for having found those issues.
    Last edited by cedric37; March 04, 2010 at 07:43 AM.
    Patronized by y2day/Patron of KDK, Swagger & Navajo Joe, of the Imperial House of Hader

Default Re: [E2DI] Enhanced 2D Interfaces - update 04 Mar. (FIXED Greek v1.01 RELEASED)

Many thanks to you fix. The attitude frame of greek is still a little higher than the words, but it's not a big problem. Except that, the greek one is perfectly done. NE ui and ME warm ui worked very well.

Patrician Citizen

You are welcome mate!

Can you post a screen of what you describe ? (attitude frame) i cannot visualize it, maybe the borders are a bit too thick. But if it is not a big issue (i mean if text can still be read), let keep it this way. Else i will try to make thinner borders.

And i am glad you like my ui's

BTW, which NE ui do you use ? (just curious )

Patrician Citizen

I have just added a poll to know if people really like to have several ui's / culture.
    If most people answer no or don't care, for the sake of easing my life and making an easy to install sub-mod, i would prefer to stick with 1 culture = 1ui.

The following ui's being the most popular on downloads, they will be representative of this culture:
    - Northern European -> Smart ui
    - Middle Eastern -> Warm ui
    - Eastern European -> Wood ui
    - Greek ui -> euh.... Greek ui ?

I will still propose the alternative ui's on page 2
    But on page 1 will be only the chose ones and a single easy to install link.

The attitude frame is the same one which is also incorrect in ME multicolor UI. Letters are out of the frame instead of missing letters in ME multicolor one.
    I am using the NE smart. Because I used to download the latest patch or fix. All of the three NE are excellent.

Patrician Citizen

Ok thanks for letting me know, will check in game and see if i can adjust a bit the greek ui
    And glad that you like all NE ui's

Just find another thing. The edges of frame are a little too thick so that the last few lines of reporting scroll are hidden. So maybe all of them need reduce their thickness.

Patrician Citizen

Default Re: [E2DI] Enhanced 2D Interfaces - update 04 Mar. (Further FIXED Greek v1.02 RELEASED)

Ok fixed this plus make the attitude frame background a bit more dull so white text is more easily readable (other texts are easy to read too BTW).

Updated 1st post with link to Greek ui v1.02

Thanks again Griffin795!

Patrician Citizen

Default Re: [E2DI] Enhanced 2D Interfaces - update 04 Mar. (Further FIXED Greek v1.02 RELEASED)

Also i have changed Middle East multicolour (darkened both green and blue backgrounds) - i have checked all texts in game and they are easy to read + it pokes less your eyes

I updated 1st post with new previews and Download links; but still you can find the info here:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Settlement View:

Campaigning...

Patrician Citizen

Default Re: [E2DI] Enhanced 2D Interfaces - update 04 Mar. (Further FIXED Greek v1.02 RELEASED + Updated Middle East "multicolour" now v1.01)

Ok, here is the preview for Southern European ui (again just the lower part is done)
    I hope you guys like it

Previews:

SamZi's Avatar Civis

Default Re: [E2DI] Enhanced 2D Interfaces - update 05 Mar. (Further FIXED Greek v1.02 RELEASED + Updated Middle East "multicolour" now v1.01 + Preview of Southern European ui on page 9)

That's a big improvement on the colours of the ME UI, well done! I'm not a fan of the 3D effect in the middle part of the Southern UI preview, though. Also it's a bit too hard to see the text there (army, city, agents.) Had a look at the previous versions and in some of them the text in that area could be a bit clearer also. No biggy, though.

Default Re: [E2DI] Enhanced 2D Interfaces - update 05 Mar. (Further FIXED Greek v1.02 RELEASED + Updated Middle East "multicolour" now v1.01 + Preview of Southern European ui on page 9)

The bottom frame of the every turn's character traits reporting window in greek UI is too high, letters of last few lines was covered by the frame pattern. The NE, EE and ME are just fit.

very beautyful , i like that .

Patrician Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by SamZi View Post
    That's a big improvement on the colours of the ME UI, well done! I'm not a fan of the 3D effect in the middle part of the Southern UI preview, though. Also it's a bit too hard to see the text there (army, city, agents.) Had a look at the previous versions and in some of them the text in that area could be a bit clearer also. No biggy, though.
    Thanks.

About southern ui, it is still wip, maybe i can replace this part

EDIT: Will this do better ?

EDIT2: Also i plan to change the green hue into a warmer hue (south = warmer), and put small vitrals instead of the green windows Also i hesitate to replace the background behind units (formerly the 3D thing) into some vitrals...

About texts on the tabs, the inactive ones (grey) will be hard to read but this is not a big issue since you cannot select them. I had to sacrify this to allow me more freedom on the themas and the tab colours. But normally the selected texts (black) and selectable texts (yellow) are fully readable

The bottom frame of the every turn's character traits reporting window in greek UI is too high, letters of last few lines was covered by the frame pattern. The NE, EE and ME are just fit.
    Ok, i will reduce those borders too (i just reduced the inner borders, but i will reduce outer borders too)

Quote Originally Posted by aoko View Post
    very beautyful , i like that .
    Thanks and gratz for your first post in those forums
    Last edited by cedric37; March 05, 2010 at 04:18 AM.

Patrician Citizen

Either my latest preview was so good that it left people without any voice (as we say in my country - which mean that they are too impressed to talk), or it is so bad that it is not worth a comment.

...Or are you just lazy, guys ?

I'm lazy, but I can't speak for the other guys.

Patrician Citizen

Yeah thanks for being honest, but i would prefer more constructive comments

Do you like ? Don't you like ? What would you change ? What is top ? What is crap ?....... etc.

Navajo Joe's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

cedric37,
    Ok punk, you asked for it, but seriously, You know me, I find the Cathedral Walls a bit dark, and the treasure chest, its southern europe, its full of sunshine, bright and breezy.

Reminds me, must take my medication!!!!

'Proud to be patronised by cedric37(My Father and My Guardian)