View Poll Results: Do you like to get several ui's per culture ?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. It's great, it offers a lot of freedom.

42 95.45%
  • No. I don't know what to choose, it is confusing.

0 0%
  • I don't care. Both are fine.

1 2.27%
  • Other (precise in your post)

1 2.27%
Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: [E2DI] Enhanced 2D Interfaces - completely new ui's as of 22/11/2010 + RELEASED Patch for BftB2.0 on 28/11/2010

cedric37's Avatar Why Not ?!
    Patrician Citizen

Default Re: [E2DI] Enhanced 2D Interfaces - update 18 Feb. (Middle Eastern RELEASED)

Thanks, and no problem you did not bother me at all; i prefer someone commenting my work than no comments; but i also have choices to make
    The fact is that i voluntarily married cold & warm colours to break a little bit the overwhelming orange brown hue. But maybe you will get used to it, try it in game and let me know

Good news are that PointBlank said he will integrate this into his next RR/RC release

PS: yeah so much work to do and so few time ^^
    Patronized by y2day/Patron of KDK, Swagger & Navajo Joe, of the Imperial House of Hader

Default Re: [E2DI] Enhanced 2D Interfaces - update 18 Feb. (Middle Eastern RELEASED)

The ME interface is great, definitely will be added in as well +rep

Patrician Citizen

Thanks mate, i am glad you like it
    Patronized by y2day/Patron of KDK, Swagger & Navajo Joe, of the Imperial House of Hader

Mega Tortas de Bodemloze's Avatar Let's Get After It
    Fort Hood, Texas/Parramatta, New South Wales, Bristol, Tennessee

Quote Originally Posted by cedric37 View Post
    Thanks mate! I am honoured and your servitor.

Yes i plan to redo greek (1st) and southern european (last) ui's too (but mesoamerican is not used in SS, is it ?)
    For Greek (byzantium), i would appreciate any usefull link or pics because i have no clear vision of what was byzantium during the middle age period.
    Ite, stuck some stuff in an album for ya plus lemmie go get a link or two....

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/album.php?albumid=3154

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...ysprune=&f=718

and don't forget the the Byzantines were rather fond of Byzantine purple...
    Last edited by Mega Tortas de Bodemloze; February 19, 2010 at 08:02 PM.
    A Lion serves in Winter, then perhaps a Unicorn for the Spring.

If you cannot stand behind what you say.... then do not speak. If your words are taken out of context,
    then the weight of the evidence will still fall in your favor and carry the day

The Casual Tortoise: Mega's Guide to Fast Turtling

Patrician Citizen

Thanks Meg! I already found this link http://www.arkeo3d.com/byzantium1200/book.html and some of your pics can be usefull too

Domesticus
    Artifex

WOW, this is just awesome mod. I'm myself working on a bit similar mod as well, though for Vanilla M2TW.
    +rep

Patrician Citizen

Thanks mate!

Domesticus
    Artifex

Have you drawn those elements yourself or did you use some ready theme from some image(s)? And how about for example those recruitment buttons etc.?
    And no need to thank me, you deserved it.

Really improves immersion.

Patrician Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Da Goofy View Post
    Have you drawn those elements yourself or did you use some ready theme from some image(s)? And how about for example those recruitment buttons etc.?
    And no need to thank me, you deserved it.
    I have re-used existing images from here and there, reworked them quite a bunch and assembled them together
    The same for the recruitment buttons, i have found some very nice pics and treated them through several filters and assembled them. So sorry i am not a genius drawer

@PB:

Domesticus
    Artifex

Okay, nice to hear that I have chances as well as I really am not very good at drawing neither.

Patrician Citizen

Good luck for your 2D art my friend, hope to see what you can cook up soon

gracul's Avatar 404 Not Found
    Artifex

Wow! both EE wood and ME is great!
    EE stone actually fits greek more? or ME.
    In ME the light-blue background.... its a little too bright for my taste.

Patrician Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by gracul View Post
    Wow! both EE wood and ME is great!
    EE stone actually fits greek more? or ME.
    In ME the light-blue background.... its a little too bright for my taste.
    Thanks mate!

EE stone style, yeah that's true it would fit more byzantium, but i will try to start from scratch for greek's ui anyway.
    ME, i can probably put some other colour and propose an alternative Download

I am busy at the moment finishing and polishing EFI ui's for Call of Warhammer; but as soon as i have finished, i will post something alternative for ME (as you are the 2nd to complain on the light blue thing ).

Cheers,
    Your servitor,
    Cédric.

Patrician Citizen

Ok, now the "gracul" (or warm) version of the middle-eastern ui, hope you like it my friend

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Updated 1st post

PS: i start to get quite a bunch of ideas now for Greek culture ui
    Last edited by cedric37; February 28, 2010 at 06:41 AM.

Caesar Clivus's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Default Re: [E2DI] Enhanced 2D Interfaces - update 28 Feb. (Middle Eastern "warm" version RELEASED)

Oooo the warm middle eastern UI looks....warm . I like it

BftB2 UPDATED 22nd DECEMBER. Member of the Complete Byzantine Unit Roster team

Patrician Citizen

Default Re: [E2DI] Enhanced 2D Interfaces - update 28 Feb. (Middle Eastern "warm" version RELEASED)

Thanks mate!
    Yeah that's funny but every time gracul suggest some modifications, i always end up prefering the version modified for him.
    He says he's not a 2D guy, but he's got the eye for this (indeed, look at his avatar ).

gracul's Avatar 404 Not Found
    Artifex

very middle_eastern! great work!

Ooh, nice. I like that better, 'warmer' as CC say. Nice one cedric37 and gracul!

And cedric I haven't got around yet to doing the credits list for latest RR/RC but of course you'll be on it (as will gracul for his ongoing invaluable assistance).
    Last edited by Point Blank; February 27, 2010 at 08:37 PM.

Patrician Citizen

Yeah, no problems mate, i can wait
    And thanks guys! (i too prefer the warm version).

That is some good criticism like you guys have that help me raising the level, thanks again for all your suggestions and comments.