View Poll Results: Do you like to get several ui's per culture ?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. It's great, it offers a lot of freedom.

42 95.45%
  • No. I don't know what to choose, it is confusing.

0 0%
  • I don't care. Both are fine.

1 2.27%
  • Other (precise in your post)

1 2.27%
Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: [E2DI] Enhanced 2D Interfaces - completely new ui's as of 22/11/2010 + RELEASED Patch for BftB2.0 on 28/11/2010

Default Re: [E2DI] Enhanced 2D Interfaces - update 11 Feb. (Eastern European v1.02 + Northern European "Bright", "Dull" v1.01 & "Gracul" v1.02)

good Brother, we'll have the possibility to choose....however i found the bright one really great!

O.T:....snow over Rome!!...

cedric37's Avatar Why Not ?!
    Patrician Citizen

Default Re: [E2DI] Enhanced 2D Interfaces - update 11 Feb. (Eastern European v1.02 + Northern European "Bright", "Dull" v1.01 & "Gracul" v1.02)

He he, here is a "dirty" preview of the wooden alternative (made from photoshop, not from in-game screenshot, so it is not polished, just concentrate on the idea ).

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Last edited by cedric37; March 05, 2010 at 03:29 AM.
    Patronized by y2day/Patron of KDK, Swagger & Navajo Joe, of the Imperial House of Hader

SamZi's Avatar Civis

What sticks out to me in the northern european version is the white and blueish "wallpaper" background in the settlement screens. I think it should be more nondescript like in the western european version. Otherwise good work!

Patrician Citizen

You mean the eastern ui ? This flowery background is completly russian though but you are maybe right, it is not stupid to put some old paper instead, for the sake of readibility

EDIT: and thanks
    Last edited by cedric37; February 12, 2010 at 08:55 AM.
    Patronized by y2day/Patron of KDK, Swagger & Navajo Joe, of the Imperial House of Hader

Gorrrrrn's Avatar Citizen

any idea how we get y's faction shields back?

Patrician Citizen

Well i can include y's shields in my files, this is the only mean
    But i shall ask him first.

EDIT: ok he agree with that so i will include all y's eyecandy stuff in my files shortly
    (and give him credits, this is without saying)
    Last edited by cedric37; February 12, 2010 at 09:00 AM.

Gorrrrrn's Avatar Citizen

tx

Patrician Citizen

Ok, so now here is a preview of the wooden eastern ui, and yes i must admit i prefer it to the white stone one

Settlement view:

Campaigning...

Included is the excellent work from my friend y2day
    So before downloading this, you should definitely download Eye Candy v2.0 from y2day, unless you want some messy 2D interface

Thanks to him and if you like the faction emblems, rep him (not me).

y2day's Stainless Steel Eye Candy 2.0: Download

E2DI / Eastern European interface: eastern110.rar

EDIT: I don't think i will keep the "stone" version (need to include y2day's work in it and it is not as good as this one IMO).
    The same goes with Northern European ui, i will certainly merge "gracul" and "dull" versions into one and let the bright for colours lovers
    I will update those ui's with y2day's stuff and add credit and links to his work in the header (currently it is only in the "wood" ui section, since it is included only there).

Cheers,
    Cédric.

Last edited by cedric37; March 05, 2010 at 02:38 PM.

Default Re: [E2DI] Enhanced 2D Interfaces - update 12 Feb. (Eastern European "wood" v1.1 + Eastern European "stone" v1.02)

It's great man, thanks. You're working really hard!

Caesar Clivus's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Default Re: [E2DI] Enhanced 2D Interfaces - update 12 Feb. (Eastern European "wood" v1.1 + Eastern European "stone" v1.02)

They look great Cedric

BftB2 UPDATED 22nd DECEMBER. Member of the Complete Byzantine Unit Roster team

Patrician Citizen

Thanks guys
    Yes it took me some hours, but it was fun

And thanks CC, you were right, wood is much better

EDIT: I have merged "gracul" and "dull" versions into one "standard" (they were quite similar already) and included y's nice stuff into it.

Also i have included y's stuff into the bright version too

I have updated 1st post with previews and download links.
    Last edited by cedric37; February 13, 2010 at 03:35 AM.

Lemming69's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: [E2DI] Enhanced 2D Interfaces - update 13 Feb. (Eastern European v1.1 + Northern European v1.03 + Northern European v1.02 "bright" / all compatible with Eye Candy 2.0)

well done cedric and well done for france beating the paddies at rugby this afternoon

Patrician Citizen

Default Re: [E2DI] Enhanced 2D Interfaces - update 13 Feb. (Eastern European v1.1 + Northern European v1.03 + Northern European v1.02 "bright" / all compatible with Eye Candy 2.0)

Lol, thanks and for Rugby, well what can i say: "vive la france!" maybe ?

EDIT: mmm it seems that the eastern stone version was prefered over the wooden one, maybe i should re-up it with y's stuff...
    EDIT2: ok done, updated the 1st post, so now both versions are available to download
    Last edited by cedric37; March 05, 2010 at 02:38 PM.

Default Re: [E2DI] Enhanced 2D Interfaces - update 14 Feb. (Eastern European "wood" v1.1 + Eastern European "stone" v1.04)

cedric37: I'd love to include this in next RR/RC release, with your permission, I'm always trying to increase the medieval atmosphere. What are your recommendations for which file sets to use?

Patrician Citizen

Default Re: [E2DI] Enhanced 2D Interfaces - update 14 Feb. (Eastern European "wood" v1.1 + Eastern European "stone" v1.04)

Dear PB, you can include part or all of my E2DI submod in your next RR/RC release, as long as credit is given. I recommend you to take the eastern "wood" and northern "dull" versions.

BTW, next ui that i will remake will probably be the middle-eastern one
    Last edited by cedric37; February 14, 2010 at 06:41 AM.

I think the Eastern Stone is great ! Pls keep up the good work.
    You can drop humans anywhere and they'll thrive-only the rat does as well.Jeannette Desor

Man in Black: [as he is unsuccessfully fighting Fezzik] Look, are you just fiddling around with me or what?
    Fezzik: I just want you to feel you're doing well. I hate for people to die embarrassed.

Patrician Citizen

Thanks

Lemming69's Avatar Semisalis

i like both wood and stone- the stone looks more sophisticated, whereas the wood looks more battlehardened- like the warriors of the rus. i like the wood because the rus people were famed for their use of wood, i like the stone because it seems more artistic and cultured

Patrician Citizen

Yeah, you are right
    Rus are/were battlehardened people, but in terms of art, they are/were really sophisticated.
    So i am happy that both please players

Quote Originally Posted by cedric37 View Post
    Dear PB, you can include part or all of my E2DI submod in your next RR/RC release, as long as credit is given. I recommend you to take the eastern "wood" and northern "dull" versions.

BTW, next ui that i will remake will probably be the middle-eastern one
    Superb work, thankyou very much, will credit you of course.

Look forward to Middle Eastern.