View Poll Results: Do you like to get several ui's per culture ?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. It's great, it offers a lot of freedom.

42 95.45%
  • No. I don't know what to choose, it is confusing.

0 0%
  • I don't care. Both are fine.

1 2.27%
  • Other (precise in your post)

1 2.27%
Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: [E2DI] Enhanced 2D Interfaces - completely new ui's as of 22/11/2010 + RELEASED Patch for BftB2.0 on 28/11/2010

cedric37's Avatar Why Not ?!
    Patrician Citizen

Default Re: [E2DI] Enhanced 2D Interfaces - update 10 Feb. (Northern European "Dull version" v1.0)

Ok, i have darken a bit the light blue used in the lower bar, i admit the result is much better, thanks Justinianus for having pointed this out

Previews "Dull":
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Preview "bright":

Download links:

- "dull": northdull101.rar

- "bright": northbright101.rar

Hope you like it!
    Last edited by cedric37; February 13, 2010 at 03:38 AM.
    Patronized by y2day/Patron of KDK, Swagger & Navajo Joe, of the Imperial House of Hader

gracul's Avatar 404 Not Found
    Artifex

Default Re: [E2DI] Enhanced 2D Interfaces - update 11 Feb. (Northern European "Bright" & "Dull" v1.01)

The dull version is great!

Here are some of my thought's, don't think of them as of something which should be done, but rather of something which might even be better for your taste:

The "Remove" -> if that flag is just on the inner side of the ui, it seems like a nice separator. On both sides it looks good, but maybe try looking at the picture with just 1 flag?

The ornament -> can you put something like that bar on the right of the minimap "behind" that thing? that solid brown colour doesn't look so good.

Patrician Citizen

Default Re: [E2DI] Enhanced 2D Interfaces - update 11 Feb. (Northern European "Bright" & "Dull" v1.01)

Thanks my friend, feel free to make the adjustments; i would really appreciate if you could show me the results.
    I really don't mind if you touch the *.tga files, it is free/community stuff and i grant you on that

Sometimes it is easier than trying to explain to someone else (even though your anotations are quite clear, i still miss the brown thing on the right of the mini-map ).

BTW, nice analyze

Thanks, i would rep you for this constructive criticism but i cannot due to some punition i am enduring. But once it is finished i'll do it

EDIT: here are the .psd files to ease your task (if you accept )
    photoshop_psd.rar

EDIT2: i am currently working on the eastern_european interface and i am well advanced.

Here is a preview of the lower bar:
    Last edited by cedric37; February 11, 2010 at 11:16 AM.
    Patronized by y2day/Patron of KDK, Swagger & Navajo Joe, of the Imperial House of Hader

Artifex

I don't really have photoshop to open psd files, and im not a graphics guy either
    But with my changes it would look like this:

You could also put that wood behind the non-existant flag now, or just some other fitting element. How u feel about this?

Patrician Citizen

Ok ok i was a bit lazy ( ) but now all is cristal clear and i agree with you all the line

Navajo Joe's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

cedric37,

Wow, these interfaces are superb, they are massive improvement on the existing ones, I like them lots. +Rep

Gracul,

You have me confused now, you say your not a graphics man, but those smoother coastlines you have done are graphics are they not. You made me laugh with the red writing, it is like you were marking an assignment, r u a teacher???

'Proud to be patronised by cedric37(My Father and My Guardian)

Cedric, thanks for the changes! I feel it's perfect now, do not change the bright version anymore

I will try it out as soon as I get to playing SS again.

Eastern Europian UI looks good so far, keep it up
    Last edited by Khosrau; February 11, 2010 at 10:01 AM.

Patrician Citizen

@NJ; thanks matie!

@Gracul: Ok here it is

Better ?

EDIT: @Justinianus: thanks mate!
    Last edited by cedric37; February 11, 2010 at 09:35 AM.

Artifex

Its great!

@NJ
    those smooth coastlines are not really a graphic thing... the engine generates the graphics.
    And no, im not a teacher.
    Last edited by gracul; February 11, 2010 at 10:19 AM.

Patrician Citizen

Ok i shall title this version the "gracul" version and propose it for download

EDIT:
    Download link: northern102.rar
    Last edited by cedric37; February 13, 2010 at 03:38 AM.

Lemming69's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: [E2DI] Enhanced 2D Interfaces - update 11 Feb. (Northern European "Bright", "Dull" v1.01 & "Gracul" v1.02)

excellent! i admire how you release more than one file to cater for different peoples' opinions perhaps on the eastern european- use a wooden texture somewhere? after all- the rus were famous for their wooden fortifications

well done keep up the good work

Patrician Citizen

Default Re: [E2DI] Enhanced 2D Interfaces - update 11 Feb. (Northern European "Bright", "Dull" v1.01 & "Gracul" v1.02)

Plop! Today is a day of great activity

I have made a 1st (or maybe final, depends of you guys ) release for Eastern European culture as well.

Here are the previews:

Settlement view:

Campaigning view:

Well, i hope you like it.

EDIT: thanks Lemmings69, oops you are absolutely right it lacks some wood, maybe i will remove the bricks under the units to put some wood, nice suggestion So i will wait before propose files to download

EDIT2: Yup, much better with wood, thanks again
    Last edited by cedric37; February 11, 2010 at 12:07 PM.

Patrician Citizen

Ok i have made adjustments to eastern_european interface

Settlement view:

Campaigning...

Download link: eastern102.rar
    Last edited by cedric37; February 13, 2010 at 03:39 AM.

Navajo Joe's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Default Re: [E2DI] Enhanced 2D Interfaces - update 11 Feb. (Eastern European v1.02 + Northern European "Bright", "Dull" v1.01 & "Gracul" v1.02)

cedric37,

Most excellent dude, like it lots, downloading and installing now as playing as Novgorod in BftB V2.0, plus also Y2Day's faction symbols enhancement, its eye candy magic!!

'Proud to be patronised by cedric37(My Father and My Guardian)

Patrician Citizen

Default Re: [E2DI] Enhanced 2D Interfaces - update 11 Feb. (Eastern European v1.02 + Northern European "Bright", "Dull" v1.01 & "Gracul" v1.02)

Thanks

Hmmm unfortunately my modifications will override y2day faction shields, we should maybe merge our two submods in one

Caesar Clivus's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Looking good cedric. But my first impression of the eastern european interface is that it looks more middle-eastern than eastern european. My personal opinion is that it should be darker (to reflect the dark expanses of forests of the east) and also contain more wood textures (to reflect the much greater use of wood as a building material in the east)

BftB2 UPDATED 22nd DECEMBER. Member of the Complete Byzantine Unit Roster team

Patrician Citizen

Thanks CC.
    In fact all the stuff you see are pure russian ornamental things, provided to me by a russian friend. I am not sure that russian/other eastern peoples see themselves as we see them, but anyway i see your points. I guess the upper panels are quite ok ? You were speaking of the lower bar which contains too many white in it i presume ? I can maybe put a whole wood stuff (there is already dark wood in it BTW).

Kahvipannu's Avatar Bring me Solo & wookie

Good work my friend
    + rep

Great! Keep it up!

Patrician Citizen

Thanks buddies!

I am working on a whole wood version, following CC's nice suggestions.
    Let see how it goes

PS: as for northern european ui, i will let the 2 versions out for people to choose.