View Poll Results: Do you like to get several ui's per culture ?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. It's great, it offers a lot of freedom.

42 95.45%
  • No. I don't know what to choose, it is confusing.

0 0%
  • I don't care. Both are fine.

1 2.27%
  • Other (precise in your post)

1 2.27%
Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: [E2DI] Enhanced 2D Interfaces - completely new ui's as of 22/11/2010 + RELEASED Patch for BftB2.0 on 28/11/2010

cedric37's Avatar Why Not ?!
    Patrician Citizen

Default Re: [E2DI] Enhanced 2D Interfaces - update 05 Mar. (Southern European v1.00 RELEASED + further small fix for Greek v1.03, EE stone v1.05 & EE wood v1.11)

Thanks buddy, yeah i think the southern ui is much better like this

Thanks again Gracul for your grood criticism

I will upload the files soon and update the links on 1st page.
    Patronized by y2day/Patron of KDK, Swagger & Navajo Joe, of the Imperial House of Hader

gracul's Avatar 404 Not Found
    Artifex

Default Re: [E2DI] Enhanced 2D Interfaces - update 15 Mar. (SE Soft v1.10 RELEASED + further small fix for Greek v1.04, EE wood v1.12, NE smart v1.12)

Wow! Really like what you've done.
    1 thing however - on the northern ui, why is that bar so close to the edge? (near the Age: 50)
    And on southern ui, i guess its a little bit too monotonic (the lower part)
    Rest is great!

Patrician Citizen

Default Re: [E2DI] Enhanced 2D Interfaces - update 15 Mar. (SE Soft v1.10 RELEASED + further small fix for Greek v1.04, EE wood v1.12, NE smart v1.12)

Quote Originally Posted by gracul View Post
    Wow! Really like what you've done.
    Thanks mate.

1 thing however - on the northern ui, why is that bar so close to the edge? (near the Age: 50)
    Ah, this one, it is because of the shields if i want to keep the shields, i cannot move them even a bit to the left, else the game engine automatically take a bit of the shield and cut and paste it every 2 centimeters on the frame
    Should i remove the shields ?

And on southern ui, i guess its a little bit too monotonic (the lower part)
    Well i can try to add some fancies here and there, you are right. But at least it is already better than the old one (and already better than the vanilla ui ).

Rest is great!
    Patronized by y2day/Patron of KDK, Swagger & Navajo Joe, of the Imperial House of Hader

Wonderfull job once again.

PS. I see a pattern - the first one you make for one culture i generally dont like, but the second one kicks ass.

Patrician Citizen

Thanks & lol.
    Wait for the 3rd one then, here it is, i think it is less monotonic

Southern v1.20 "Alcove":
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Settlement View:

Campaigning...

Last edited by cedric37; March 16, 2010 at 05:36 AM.

Artifex

Default Re: [E2DI] Enhanced 2D Interfaces - update 15 Mar. (SE "Soft" v1.10 RELEASED + SE "Alcove" v1.20 RELEASED + further small fix for Greek v1.04, EE wood v1.12, NE smart v1.12)

Could you add some awesome to the menu on the left side, near the + - buttons?
    also the turn number and money need some black background

Patrician Citizen

Default Re: [E2DI] Enhanced 2D Interfaces - update 15 Mar. (SE "Soft" v1.10 RELEASED + SE "Alcove" v1.20 RELEASED + further small fix for Greek v1.04, EE wood v1.12, NE smart v1.12)

Ok i'll adjust this tomorrow - for now i go to bed

Patrician Citizen

Ok, adjusted the southern "Alcove", now v1.21 (added some church bas-reliefs, and other tweaks here and there - following Gracul's comments )

Settlement View:

Campaigning...

PS: as a side note, i think Knights Templar should definitely stick to Southern European culture, not Northern European

Artifex

Default Re: [E2DI] Enhanced 2D Interfaces - update 16 Mar. (SE "Alcove" v1.21 RELEASED + SE "Soft" v1.10 RELEASED + further small fix for Greek v1.04, EE wood v1.12, NE smart v1.12)

Now it looks great! Huge kudos!
    Im going to test them in-game soon.

Patrician Citizen

Default Re: [E2DI] Enhanced 2D Interfaces - update 16 Mar. (SE "Alcove" v1.21 RELEASED + SE "Soft" v1.10 RELEASED + further small fix for Greek v1.04, EE wood v1.12, NE smart v1.12)

Thanks my friend, your advices prooved to be very usefull

Mega Tortas de Bodemloze's Avatar Let's Get After It
    Fort Hood, Texas/Parramatta, New South Wales, Bristol, Tennessee

A true work of art...
    A Lion serves in Winter, then perhaps a Unicorn for the Spring.

If you cannot stand behind what you say.... then do not speak. If your words are taken out of context,
    then the weight of the evidence will still fall in your favor and carry the day

The Casual Tortoise: Mega's Guide to Fast Turtling

Patrician Citizen

Thanks my mega friend

Patrician Citizen

Sorry i messed up 2 shields from vanilla in the latest northern european ui, so here it is, with the beautifull shields from y2day

Download: northern113.rar

Lemming69's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: [E2DI] Enhanced 2D Interfaces - update 16 Mar. (SE "Alcove" v1.21 RELEASED + SE "Soft" v1.10 RELEASED + further small fix for Greek v1.04, EE wood v1.12, NE smart v1.13 FIXED)

your first southern european interface was far superior

Patrician Citizen

Default Re: [E2DI] Enhanced 2D Interfaces - update 16 Mar. (SE "Alcove" v1.21 RELEASED + SE "Soft" v1.10 RELEASED + further small fix for Greek v1.04, EE wood v1.12, NE smart v1.13 FIXED)

Errr... all tastes are in the nature as we say in my country.

Artifex

Well 1 thing is that mouse over nearly never fits the button under it.
    The second thing is, some i guess pretty easy changes this time:

Last edited by gracul; March 17, 2010 at 10:26 AM.

Lemming69's Avatar Semisalis

in my opinion, there is nothing wrong whatsoever with the picture changing once it is clicked upon. fair enough with the 'graphical inconsistencies,' and the mouse higlighting etc

Patrician Citizen

+1 with Lemming69.

Changing the picture upon clicking does not really look weird, it offers much more flexibility and diverstity in the ui look. Putting 4 times the same picture, even with different lighting is kinda monotonic. So it was 100% voluntarily made

The same with the "OK" box, i was really tired of the tick box, and i think people paying SS already played M2TW for a while and know exactly where is located the OK box.
    What i can do however, is to change the left bottom image so that the OK picture will be different from the other corner pictures. But IMO, this is not an issue, nobody ever complained about this and my ui's are already used by lots of players (all RR/RC players + all Call of Warhammer players).

Now, on the graphical "bugs" yeah i will try to fix this for sure
    For mouse highlighting it is not always very easy to adjust it, but i'll do my best.

Patrician Citizen

Ok i give a try to Gracul's suggestions on the middle-eastern ui.

Can somebody test it in game (i cannot right now, but i still get access to PS) ?
    I have added a OK button, fixed the graphic glitches and now the image on the tab is the same (just change of lighting).

I would appreciate some feedback

PS/ the tick will be like this for instance (for middle east):
    Last edited by cedric37; March 19, 2010 at 04:23 AM.

Patrician Citizen

Ok i have redone all the ui's chosen by gracul following gracul's comments + some other adjustments from me

Also i have changed the colours for Middle-eastern one, i did not like the warm ones (were the backgrounds from vanilla and too monochrome...)
    I hope you like it, it is now REALLY warm

Previews / Downloads:
    • Northern European:
    DOWNLOAD: northern120.rar

Settlement View:

Campaigning...

• Southern European:
    DOWNLOAD: southern130.rar

Settlement View:

Campaigning...

• Eastern European:
    DOWNLOAD: eastern120.rar

Settlement View:

Campaigning...

• Greek:
    DOWNLOAD: greek110.rar

Settlement View:

Campaigning...

• Middle Eastern:
    DOWNLOAD: middeast120.rar

Settlement View:

Campaigning...

Also i just don't have the desire nor the time to update all the alternate ui's yet.
    Last edited by cedric37; April 12, 2010 at 04:17 AM.