View Poll Results: Do you like to get several ui's per culture ?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. It's great, it offers a lot of freedom.

42 95.45%
  • No. I don't know what to choose, it is confusing.

0 0%
  • I don't care. Both are fine.

1 2.27%
  • Other (precise in your post)

1 2.27%
Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: [E2DI] Enhanced 2D Interfaces - completely new ui's as of 22/11/2010 + RELEASED Patch for BftB2.0 on 28/11/2010

SamZi's Avatar Civis

Default Re: [E2DI] Enhanced 2D Interfaces - update 28 Feb. (Middle Eastern "warm" version RELEASED)

Looks very good. Did you forget to modify that bit in the lower part of your warm version? Looked like it was just a left-over from the previous version. You could change its colour to something warmer or replace it with something else.

cedric37's Avatar Why Not ?!
    Patrician Citizen

Default Re: [E2DI] Enhanced 2D Interfaces - update 28 Feb. (Middle Eastern "warm" version RELEASED)

Thanks; and for this part oh yeah, right, i did not think about this one i must say. I can maybe replace it with something "warm". Let me check ^^
    Patronized by y2day/Patron of KDK, Swagger & Navajo Joe, of the Imperial House of Hader

Patrician Citizen

Will it do better mate ? (i also have redone left lower part too -> changed green in red)

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Just looking at this screen now, i have opened my room's window and i think i need a fresh beer

EDIT/ Updated 1st post with new download link
    Last edited by cedric37; February 28, 2010 at 06:38 AM.
    Patronized by y2day/Patron of KDK, Swagger & Navajo Joe, of the Imperial House of Hader

Default Re: [E2DI] Enhanced 2D Interfaces - update 28 Feb. (Middle Eastern "warm" version 1.11 RELEASED)

love the warm one, great job mate

Loose Cannon's Avatar Primicerius
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Default Re: [E2DI] Enhanced 2D Interfaces - update 28 Feb. (Middle Eastern "warm" version 1.11 RELEASED)

Cedric37
    First, let me apologize if my post yesterday in RR/RC really upset you. I meant it more as a dig at PB because I think he likes to put stuff in sometimes without really looking at it. As i mentioned in another post now since gone, when i put smilies or bold or italic writing in a post, I'm kidding. When i don't, I'm serious.

Second, I thought last night the middle eastern was was very good but you've made it better this morning. Can you do something like that for the northern european one, make the yellow background softer and maybe reduce the number of things around the border and lighten up the black background at the bottom? That intense yellow-red-black color combo really pokes your eyes out on a 22" monitor.

I only criticise in order to get you to do better.
    If we're back to good, toss back another beer on me (it's only 9:30 Am here)
    Old age and treachery will always beat youth and exuberance-David Mamet

Old age and forgetfullness makes it . . .er, I forgot-Loose Cannon

hey/salut cedric
    can you help me? i have SS 6.2 and the BGR enchancement mod idk whats its called,i want to put vanilla interfaces,how can i do it?since you make interfaces i think you know how..

Patrician Citizen

@szelbisz: thanks mate

@Loose Cannon: I am happy that you try this other approach, i am never against constructive criticism and if addressed directly to me, i accept the negative comments as well. I too have noticed the background on the northern european ui is a little bit too bright (in diplomacy screen reading white on it is a difficult exercice); this is why it is so difficult to make ui's.
    They sometimes looks very good and in game you discover that some aspect is just annoying. But there is a way to say it kindly ...but hey! if you write here i think you have had some regrets and me the like for having lost my calm. Well, i will try to further adjust a bit the colours and try another thing for the northern european ui. So consider that we are back to good, and we can even do better if you continue posting constructive suggestions like the ones you just gave me now

@ilias2006: Salut!
    Sorry but i think this is not the right place to ask. But as i cannot reffuse to give my help, i will try to point you in the right direction. I think all you have to do is to replace from an old copy of your game, all the \Stainless_Steel_6\data\ui\ folder by the old one. Let try this, if not working, you should better contact the modder that made BGR enhancement

Patrician Citizen

Okay, i have tried to make something smarter for Northern European ui, with less colours and using the same tones. I hope you like it

Settlement View:

Campaigning...

Last edited by cedric37; March 01, 2010 at 02:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Loose Cannon View Post
    Cedric37
    First, let me apologize if my post yesterday in RR/RC really upset you. I meant it more as a dig at PB because I think he likes to put stuff in sometimes without really looking at it.
    I do that in your case because the quality of your work is so good that I don't need to examine it before inclusion That applies to many modders, such as Germanicu5, Aikanar, gracul...honestly I just don't have time to examine and edit the sheer volume of included submods, so I put my trust in the modders and their quality work, you included

Patrician Citizen

Default Re: [E2DI] Enhanced 2D Interfaces - update 28 Feb. (Middle Eastern "warm" version 1.11 RELEASED + Northern European "smart" v1.1 RELEASED)

Thanks my friend and what do you think of the latest northern ui ?

SamZi's Avatar Civis

Default Re: Northern European "smart"

The dark red borders of the settlement screens are slightly too thick. You see how the text gets layered on top of them slightly? This isn't present in the other versions though in them the text is quite close too, but not too close to be a problem, I don't think. I do like the dark red with the white background, looks nice.

I'm not sure if I like the "columns" in the background of the portion where your units are, though. Something along the lines of the shadowed red and yellow banners of the Northern European UI might work better. They don't stick out so much, you know. You could make them pop out less, or line them up better with the 3 shields above them. I dunno, I'm rambling now.

Patrician Citizen

Default Re: [E2DI] Enhanced 2D Interfaces - update 28 Feb. (Middle Eastern "warm" version 1.11 RELEASED + Northern European "smart" v1.1 RELEASED)

Yeah you are right, the vertical borders are too thick.
    Well TBH, i prefered the old borders, i just wanted to try something else, following Loose Cannon advices.
    My wife too don't like the new vertical borders, she say that they lack some 3D that the other borders had. Maybe i will add an alternate colour/symbol between the lions.

And for the columns, i first tried exactly what you suggest (align the banners under the shields), but the result was not really glorious either. Maybe i can soften the "columns" to the point where they nearly blend with the wood background. Or find true silk banners to replace the old ones (which were just painted on the wood). EDIT: or put silk banners on top of the columns maybe. :o)

The only thing that i actually prefer in this new version are the tabs in the lower parts, i think the ornate tabs are much better than the old ones (EDIT: i was not really proud of the old ones TBH)

Any advices, comments, suggestions are welcome, as usual
    Last edited by cedric37; March 01, 2010 at 02:53 AM.

I still like your bright version of the Northern Europian ui the most!

Though this one ain't bad, mind you

Patrician Citizen

Ha ha, glad to see that some people like gaudy colours

Is this bright ui ok to use in game ? I must say i have not tested all my ui's extensively in game so any "in game" feedback would be great

And yeah this one is not bad but i think i can improve it a bit.
    And after that i will do Byzantium ui, i start to be really motivated by this one (already collected lots of pics to put me in the context )

Quote Originally Posted by cedric37 View Post
    Ha ha, glad to see that some people like gaudy colours

Is this bright ui ok to use in game ? I must say i have not tested all my ui's extensively in game so any "in game" feedback would be great

And yeah this one is not bad but i think i can improve it a bit.
    And after that i will do Byzantium ui, i start to be really motivated by this one (already collected lots of pics to put me in the context )
    Well, I'm not sure if I like gaudy... I just think it adds to the medieval atmosphere really well, because the Western Europian medieval heraldry and art generally were bright colored.

Don't know if it will itch the eyes after some time though, I'm currently busy with a Sicily campaign. But my next one will be HRE, so I will certainly try it out!

Looking forward to your Byzantine UI!

Patrician Citizen

Yup i also must redo the southern european ui's after Byzantine ui, i will try a different thema than heraldry this time. In fact the current northern european ui could well fit with southern as well, since they too used heraldry a lot and loved jousting

But it is a good opportunity to try something else. Maybe as Spain & Italy were faithfull catholics (and still are, compared to northern europe), i will try a thema based on cathedrals.
    The mosque thema worked well for ME ui so why not

Is a pagan UI possible? Maybe not becuase its based on culture?

Patrician Citizen

Everything is possible, granted you use a launcher like the one i made for my other submod: EFI (for Call of Warhammer). In this case you can even get 1 faction = 1 ui which is even better
    If you are interested, just click on my sig

But normally 1 culture = 1 ui so as cultures have nothing to do with religion in the game mechanics.

EDIT:

HOW IT WORKS ?:
    Launch the EFI.bat instead of Warhammer.bat, then select a group of factions you want to play, then select the faction itself. The menu will copy the necessary files to get the interface corresponding to your choice then it will automatically launch COWH. You can also launch COWH directly from here So if you don't want to change the factions interface, then you can launch COWH directly without making any change, from EFI.bat

From this menu you can also get all the interfaces in just one move (see below)

HOW IT WORKS IN DETAILS:

Here is the main menu:

Pick one:
    1. Elves
    2. Empire/Sylvania
    3. Chaos
    4. Goblinoids
    ===============
    5. START Call of Warhammer
    6. Install all EFI files
    7. Restore vanilla files
    7. EXIT
    Hit a number [1-8] and press enter.
    [1-8]
    Now if you press (6) it will install all default files in all the right folders and backup the vanilla files
    (defaults -> elves = high elves, chaos = generic chaos, empire = generic empire, goblinoids = orcs, kislev = kislev and dwarves = dwarves)

If you press (7), the vanilla files are restored --->

E.g. if you select Elves for example, you can easily change High Elves into Dark Elves

One of the sub-menues:

Pick one:
    1. High Elves
    2. Dark Elves
    ===============
    3. Back
    Hit a number [1-3] and press enter.
    [1-3]
    And so on.
    Last edited by cedric37; March 01, 2010 at 07:05 AM.

Nice.

Patrician Citizen

Ok Northern European "Smart" v1.11, i am quite happy with it now

Previews:

Settlement View:

Campaigning...

Last edited by cedric37; March 16, 2010 at 05:35 AM.