Page 3 of 82 FirstFirst 123456789101112132853 ... LastLast

Thread: A petition to Creative Assembly from their loyal modding community

Default Re: A petition to Creative Assembly from their loyal modding community

Really nice post.
    "When your opponent fears you, then's the moment when you give the fear its own rein, give it the time to work on him. Let it become terror. The terrified man fights himself. Eventually, he attacks in desperation. That is the most dangerous moment, but the terrified man can be trusted usually to make a fatal mistake."

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."

Bloodzen's Avatar Decanus

Signed

Finn's Avatar Total Realism

Signed!

If CA reply to this I'll eat La♔De♔Da♔Brigadier Graham's hat.

signed

Kinjo's Avatar Taiko

Agree ... CA should pull their heads out of their arse when it comes to modding.

signed!

Sol Invictus's Avatar Domesticus

I find it distasteful to have to beg CA to take their customer's desires seriously so I won't. CA has made a business decision to disregard the desires of their fans for mods and both we and they will have to live with the consequences. If NTW is even close to the shoddy product that ETW was then CA needs to fold up their tent and let other developers take the reins.

Totally agree. Signed

Without a doubt, Signed

Medieval American's Avatar Decanus

Signed, sealed, please deliver!
    Last edited by Medieval American; February 07, 2010 at 07:20 PM.

Lasseman's Avatar Civis

I totally Agree, Signed.

Beutiful work. I hate to be a killjoy but id like to remind you that petitions arent technically allowed lol.
    "If you can't get rid of the skeleton in your closet, you'd best teach it to dance." - George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)

Greve Af Göteborg's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I support the men and women in the modding community whom are responsible for perfecting the games I love, signed.

apple's Avatar Searching for 42

Signed.
    Son of Legio
    Father of Paedric & Remlap
    Roma Surrectum II, Ages of Darkness II, Rome Total Realism & RTR: Imperium Surrectum Developer

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam

Enthusiastically signed. I put some comments too in terms of the marketing potential that a global, networked, pool of enthusiasts could have for sales of the engine, brand visibility, and name recognition.

Take a look at the positive impact enthusiasts, tuners, and kit sellers have on the brand recognition for some of the auto-makers. There might be a model in there.

Innovation isn't cheap why not get ideas for free? Obtaining customers is expensive. Passionate, enthusiastic customers are hard to find. Ignore them and the first company offering a similar solution but which engages, involves, and activates them with a viable alternative may steal them away. Pretty products attract, but engagement is what keeps customers in the fold.

Sometimes we never value what we have until it's gone.

The power of an online, connected community, coupled with social networking and Internet visibility can have a multiplying affect on each marketing/advertizing dollar spent. A company can't activate that effect without engaging including that community. They are stakeholders in the products future too.

I can't see why not! Signed!
    If you rep me, leave your name. I'll look more kindly on your future transgressions.

Mods are the soul of any PC game. Signed with gusto!
    believe in nothing.

Who the hell wouldnt sign this!?
    Supporter of Facial Hair for extra Manliness.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Os View Post
    Who the hell wouldnt sign this!?
    That's the whole point they try to make clear to CA with this

I hope this is not taken the wrong way, because I agree with the sentiment. But ultimately, CA and SEGA are responsible only to the shareholders and modding does not directly add to the profit margin. It keeps you playing RTW/MTW when they want you purchasing ETW or NTW. They want you purchasing "special" units not getting them for free from the community.

I wish this were not true but it is my opinion that this is the case. and it wont change company policy unless the botton line becomes threatened. I wont go through my reasons here. It will have to be sufficient for you that my ETW experience is one that I wont partaking of again. Im voting with my wallet and it will not be coming out for any more of the TW series.
    Semi-Retired RTR Developer and Researcher
    Dont get into a fight if there is nothing to win