Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: ROME TOTAL WAR 2

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Kallides's Avatar Senator

Default ROME TOTAL WAR 2

_______________ROME 2 TOTAL WAR IS ON ITS WAY_______________

Check this out! ! ! ! !
    Its an old article but its a first time I hear of it!

Next-Gen interviews Sega’s Scott Steinberg at E3, who inadvertently (or not) lets slip news that Creative Assembly, makers of the popular Total War strategy series, are working on Rome: Total War 2, the sequel to the critically acclaimed game that was released back in 2004.

“…We’ve got the Creative Assembly guys doing Medieval and the follow along to Rome which we haven’t announced yet.”
    Of course, by “Medieval” he means the other highly-praised entry in the “Total War” franchise which itself has seen a sequel.

Found it here:
    http://www.actiontrip.com/rei/commen...ml?id=072707_8
    Here is another one: http://www.totalpcgaming.com/latest-...e-total-war-2/
    And another:
    http://www.gameguru.in/pc/2007/28/ro...-on-the-anvil/

HA HA AWESOME!
    !
    Last edited by Kallides; February 06, 2010 at 09:10 AM.

Snipers get more Head!

Default Re: ROME TOTAL WAR 2

Cool

Wundwolf's Avatar Tiro

Yay!

Taelok's Avatar Senator

That doesn't necessarily mean RTW2, but rather the next game in the TW series, i.e. Empire.

Only dream I ever have. Is it the surface of the Sun?
    Everytime I shut my eyes, it's always the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Taelok View Post
    That doesn't necessarily mean RTW2, but rather the next game in the TW series, i.e. Empire.
    "follow along to Rome which we haven’t announced yet"
    Well it says Rome. Dont think they will be making an expansion for rtw again as that would be dumb. RTW2 is a much better solution. Plus think about it RTW had tons of awards its only logical. In fact they should have made RTW2 instead of Empire as far as I am concerned!

Snipers get more Head!

yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

f000k I'm gonna have 2 buy a new PC again

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."

Albert Einstein

Benz282's Avatar Vicarius

The first and third articles are years old (2007). The second one doesn't make it very clear that they're working on R2TW, but it is recent at least.

mastaace's Avatar Ordinarius

some one should do "Bronze Age - Total War", with phoenicians, babylonians, assyrians, mykenians, minoans, hittites, and on and on and on!

Laetus

Icon10 Re: ROME TOTAL WAR 2

Quote Originally Posted by mastaace View Post
    some one should do "Bronze Age - Total War", with phoenicians, babylonians, assyrians, mykenians, minoans, hittites, and on and on and on!
    That would kick ass

Sparta TW!!!!!!!!!!:sparta:

Snipers get more Head!

thedarkdeath's Avatar Libertus

We have this else in the forums on this site but not in RS section where with people saying what would make it better.
    Everything happens, no matter how much we can try to stop it.
    RS2 Beta tester.

I am pretty sure that RS2 will be better than vanilla Rome 2. These wonderful modders seem to know exactly what I want from a game. The great people at CA have to deal with all sorts of crap that inevitably leads them astray. Looking forward to the launch of RS2, to put it mildly.

Alexandros I.'s Avatar Ordinarius

Sounds goooooood!! But IF they do it, I hope that it'll seems more like MTW2 than ETW...
    But at the moment we're all looking forward to RSII!!!!!!!!!!

juvenus's Avatar Campidoctor

Whaaaaaaaatttttttttt?
    Oh sh.....no....no no. They just tantalize the gamers by letting such news to "slip away".

Instense. It will be epic!!!!!! I will need a new video card!!! I hope they get the ptolomies right this time though

Inhuman One's Avatar Comes Limitis

I would definatly love to see a new total war game set in around the same period as rome total war, a bit earlier preferably even.

With all the new additions added through Medieval 2 and Empire total war, it could really be something awesome.

Naval battles for example. Would be a lot more challenging without cannons. Instead you would use a crew of slaves to row your galleys, and they would have fatigue. You could ram ships, use archers on ships, etc. They could allow you put two land units on a ship which could determine the way its armed. Ballistas would give a good ranged attack but cant defend the ship very well. Melee infantry would be great for boarding, but archers would probably be the best choice. Some units such as some kind of marines could actually get bonusses when being put on ships.

Being able to retrain units everywhere would certainly be a relief, this is why I often hate regional recruitment in games before empire total war. Unique regiments that are limited to 1 and elite regiments with a recruitment limit would also be very welcome.

Princesses or similar daughters of faction leaders could be used to establish an alliance and for diplomacy.

Towers, government buildings and such could be garrisoned. Would be quite nice to see archers on top of a tower instead of just on walls.

The technology tree could mean a lot more in such an earlier period. Chainmail, the Lorica Segmenta, aquaducts, wedge formation, longswords, etc. It could all be researched.

Each civilization group could have their own technology tree. Barbarians, Greeks, Romans and the middle east. And some could be a mixture of two trees, such as Carthage, the Seleucid Empire and Ptolameic empire.

Personly I would prefer it if the game would start before Alexander's conquest, allowing Egypt to really be egypt.

Quote Originally Posted by Inhuman One View Post
    I would definatly love to see a new total war game set in around the same period as rome total war, a bit earlier preferably even.

With all the new....................................
    Mate you know the way to the gamers heart. As I am reading your post I am dreaming of this wonderfull game already.

Rep to you!!

Snipers get more Head!

Arbitrary Crusader's Avatar Praefectus

SHOGUN 2!!!!

♪ Now it's over, I'm dead and I haven't done anything that I want, or I'm still alive and there's nothing I want to do

HMonk's Avatar Decanus

I don't know, but I would not hold my breath on RTW2
    The Best Computer is Your Computer!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast