Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: The Fixing Thread

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

Default Re: The Fixing Thread

ImmuneToHeresyAtSea trigger.

Are you using version 3.80.01? I think 3.8, it was still bugged.

Thank you.

loseless's Avatar Civis

Yes, I'm using that one with the latest patch.

Edit: The same thing is now happening on my recently started campaign... Portugal, France and now Sicily. I'm out of luck alright
    Last edited by loseless; November 13, 2010 at 12:58 PM.

Try the last descr_character_traits.txt I uploaded. I have had Genoa and Venice both with priests on ships and no crashes.

loseless's Avatar Civis

I'll try it, but does it mean I have to start a new campaign (yet again)?

After the third strike, things start looking bad... I've been able to solve the bug 2 or 3 times, but eventually I can't find the bastard who is causing it and I have to give up.

Edit: When I try to load the campaign the game crashes. Even the old saves from older campaigns.
    Last edited by loseless; November 13, 2010 at 01:05 PM.

I know the feeling. This is why I am bug hunting. I found about three more family triggers that sre bad, too. It's when they raise their ugly heads that drives me nuts.

loseless's Avatar Civis

If you need help with anything specific feel free to ask.

Good luck

I do need help. I now have a fair idea of what to look for and those are the ones I am commenting out to go on to the next one. It is a slow process.

If you are willing to put up with trying to replicate every crash and the frustrations of some just being random, we have a deal.

The deal would be you have one that can be replicated, you attach the log, I edit and upload the fixes for the next round.

I have yet to find one savegame compatible. Attatched is my last attempt.

Edit by gig: Into the next patch!
    Last edited by irishron; November 08, 2012 at 09:07 PM.

loseless's Avatar Civis

Before I get my hands dirty, please, elucidate me on two questions.

First, by replacing the previous .txt with that one, I have to start a new campaign to see any differences? And second, when you say replicate the crashes, you mean creating a situation where that happens? If so, I fear my crashes are triggered by random things that I do not know how to replicate. The randomness of the crashes are indeed a difficult problem to solve, but alas, it cannot be helped.

I remember RTW having a "give_trait" code or something. Could that be used to find the specific error?

Replicate or maybe a btter word reproduce, my version, is when you hit the end-turn button, it makes a log, whether it crashes or not. If it crashes rerun the autosave and see if it happens at the same point.

If it does not crash and you make a move in the next turn that causes a crash like taking a settlement, killing an agent, mouse-over something or somebody, rerun it and see if you get the same results.

If under those scenarios the crash point will be the same in the log and we can try to fix it.

Is this good enough explanation?

loseless's Avatar Civis

Good enough to me. Its easier to catch wild gooses when we know what a wild goose looks like, that's what I always say

I'll provide the logs I find during my play through.

As for my other question, do I need to start a new campaign in order for the .txt you provided to work?
    Last edited by loseless; November 13, 2010 at 04:39 PM.

On the last question, yes.

loseless's Avatar Civis

Well, so far, so good. The game never crashed again after that one.

I just have two things to say (and I've said them 6 months ago).

1st- the game has still TOO much money. I'd like a campaign where I had too choose between attack 2 or 3 factions because I couldn't fight 3 different fronts. Not a campaign where I have 40 armies and I still manage to profit 200 000 florins per turn. It's broken that way. Plus, there are too few castles. I need to travel half world to retrain troops. This is particularly notorious in Asia.

2nd- the generals STILL have that annoying loyalty thing, where they go rogue and stop moving when it reaches zero. It screws every army I have and by god, I hate it...

The gameplay is very stable, but the money completely screws the fun. It's close to the point where we can focus on developing an empire instead of blitzkrieg through the game, the only problem now, is the money. We should never be able to support more than 20 armies at once, 30 at the latest stages, like having 150 regions, and a lot of huge cities.

There is too much money, true. Generals' loyalty is bad, true.

I just need to find a good money script and keep adjusting the traits and ancillaries..

loseless's Avatar Civis

Well, allow me to give a small opinion.

In RTW I personally edite the export_desc_buildings to my needs.

Hypothetically, you want enough money in the first settlement levels, but not much more in latter. Two things need to be considered then, 1 - the amount of money that each improvement in market, port, farm, etc, would represent and 2 - the amount of money provided by taxes, amount that increases along with the population.

The taxes you can't really manipulate, but you can make markets only increase trades every other level. The same with ports, farms, etc.

In my modified TW, with 10 cities, I can only support 2 armies, and barely...

add_population & process_cq, these are the way to go. Try to figure how many buildings can be stripped of the money increasing properties. You'll always win money over time, as the population increases, the idea is to use that as a limit to the number of troops. Plus, you have the free upkeeps, that make a huge difference in gameplay, compared to Rome.

Get a save with 30 or 40 regions. Demolish all the farms, ports, markets, etc, and study the impact on the finances.

It's an easy process, but it consumes a lot of time. Trial and error

What I do know as of right is the present system works for towns, large towns, and castles.

The integer difference between large town and small city is what is skewed and skews large city and huge city monies. This is the one I have yet to learn and manage.

problem from the rebel general's guard no textures and detail only reflection on there whole body what should i do to fix this ?

Your pic does not show. Which rebel faction?

First of all im having great time with this mod, thanks for everyone who have worked on it. Now my problem is when i try to play Custom Battle on any river/bridge maps (River Seine, Jordan and Po). When i try Jordan i get to play a battle in an arid desert, Seine starts in the sea (and all units die when it loads) and the Po just freezes at 100% at the loading screen. I like maps with a choke-points so if anyone could help me out i would appreciate it a lot.

Some battles are bugged. All those you listed are CA's vanilla battles. After that, I know nothing about them. We have added no Custom Battles to the mod.

Yea most of the standard custom maps are bugged, just checked it. Probably because of general map rework.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast