Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: The most frequent installation issues and their solutions (For all versions of DarthMod Empire)

Default need help about Darthmod U.C.

It's crashed right at the beginning log in the game, i dont even get into the menu screen yet. What should i do ?

hip63's Avatar Give me some BASS!
    Patrician Artifex

Default Re: need help about Darthmod U.C.

Quote Originally Posted by ricegy View Post
    It's crashed right at the beginning log in the game, i dont even get into the menu screen yet. What should i do ?
    First, start in the right forum:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=330211

hip63

Default Re: DMUC 5.4.1: THE MOST FREQUENT ISSUES AND THEIR SOLUTIONS

Hi everyone, thanks for this beautiful mod.

I have CTD's problem starting the game. I installed the mod following your suggestions and then trying to star a Grand Campaign, the game crashed at the first ETW introduction screen. So I disinstalled the mod and reinstalled it and finally yestereday I could start the Grand Campaign and I had two hours of great time, I saved and everything was ok. This morning I tried to launch the game clicking on Grand Campaign, but it crashed always at the same point, while if I launch the game with the DM safe mode, it works.

I'm not using submods, I only downloaded the update and the hotfix. I have no DLC units. I'll try to disinstall the game and reinstall it again, but will I lose my save game?

Thanks for your attention and your mod. Bye

♔hammeredalways♔'s Avatar Darthmod Moderator

Hi marmur - welcome - in the main front screen of the DMUC there is an option button, click it and then click diagnostics, click adv diagnostic options and reset user scripts this should solve your isse. For reference when you get a CTD the scripts are sometimes removed try this option first. Let us know if successful
    Knight of the binge-drinking-Kebab-shop-vomiting-taxi rank-punch-up? 32nd degree

Thanks...I've seen that when I open GC in the DMUC menu the user_empire script located in th GC folder is moved into the general script folder. I tried do move it back before launching the game and now everuthing works. Thank you very much! Great work guys.

no probs, enjoy and when you have great battle or campaign, post a report and take an in-game image
    Knight of the binge-drinking-Kebab-shop-vomiting-taxi rank-punch-up? 32nd degree

Unfortunately I've spoken too early. Well, The problem now is that the game is the vanilla one. I mean, doing what I said in the previous reply the CTD disappear, but the stats, flags ect are vanilla one, so I can't play with my save game. Now I'll try again to reset DMUC scripts, but imho the problem concerns to the movement of empire.user_script file that I don't know how I can avoid.

Thanks for your help.

try copying the script you are playing with their, i.e. copy the GC script into the main script folder

Well

1) I copied the empire.user_ script in the main script folder: CTD reappears.
    2) I copied it and deleted the one remained in the GC folder: no CTD, but Vanilla game.
    3) I copied the GC folder: CTD reappears
    4) I copied the GC folder and deleted the one remained in the DMUC folder: no CtD, But Vanilla Game.

Every time I resetted DMUC scripts.

Maybe this problem is connected to the fact that before installing DMUC I deleted the vanilla empire.user_script, but considering that yesterday DMUC was perfect, probably it doesn't matter.

try this one see if it works

Tango12345's Avatar Never mind the manoeuvres...
    took an arrow to the knee Content Emeritus spy of the council

Sounds like a script problem of some kind-try hammereds script. It should work.

I downloaded the file:
    1) I put it in the main script folder, leaving the empire.user_script in the GC folder: CTD still present.
    2) I put it in the GC script folder, replacing the already existent one: CTD stil present.
    3) Did the same as in n°2 but then copied the file in the main script folder: Ctd still present.
    4) Put it in the main script folder and deleted the one in GC folder: no CTD but vanilla game. The strange thing is that when I click to enter in the Gran Campaign menu (in DMUC launcher) the empire.user script file disappears from the main script folder. Then when I return in the main menu of the launcher it magically reappears .

@tango: Sorry I'm not english, what do you mean with hammereds script? I looked hammered up but I couldn't find a good translation.

Hi marmur

ok the mechanics behind the DMUC basically do the following,
    each seperate campaign has its own script (this tells ETW to load the variables that make each campaign different)
    when you install the DMUC each folder will have a script and a back-up (the back-up is a duplicate of the original renamed back-up)
    when you choose the campaign option you want that script is enabled (you should have a pop up saying so) in the main script folder.
    When you finish a game/session and exit, you come back to the DMUC menu and if you exit out and close the user script is placed back in the relevant campaign folder until you next opt to play that campaign. (another pop will advise you script has been disabled)

We can go down one of two routes, troubleshoot by looking at each of your folders which will require screen prints and uploading them to this thread or an uninstall/reinstall. I am happy to do either though the uninstall is probably simpler and quicker for you, there is an uninstaller that once clicked will remove the files, I assume you still have the original download of DMUC 5.4.

Once uninstalled make sure Vanilla loads and works (infantry have range of 70) if not I suggest that you do the following - open steam folder - right click empire total war - click properties - click local files - click verify integrity of game cache

Once complete load vanilla make sure it works.

Then re-install DMUC 5.4 - load a campaign (infantry range should be 110)

Exit out of campaign and close the DMUC launcher

Install the DMUC 5.41 upgrade and you should then be good - just let us know how you get on

NB - hammereds is an abbreviation of my user name hammeredalways the script was the attachment you have already tried

So I'll try the easiest way. In the event that this problem returns, I'll do the troubleshooting.

Thanks a lot for the help you gave me.

no problems - hope it all goes well

I had an odd issue in the Ultimate campaign with the French as well as in the normal campaign with Prussia.

Later in the game (around turn 65) suddenly all my provinces get a negative growth. For example France was growing at a steady 40+ per turn which suddenly turned into -800 per turn. Needless to say after a few turns my economy was down the drain. As it happened on both campaign types and with different tech levels and countries I guess this is some tech issue.

Any idea what could cause this? I had pretty cool campaigns going and if possible I do not want to install everything again. (everything else works fine including smoke and music sub-mod)

Tango12345's Avatar Never mind the manoeuvres...
    took an arrow to the knee Content Emeritus spy of the council

That is the citizenship tech bug. There is a fix somewhere around, but I would be patient and wait for DM/DMUC 5.5 to come out tomorrow, since the fix (among a lot of other goodies) is built into them.

DeaDBolT's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by OSDEA7 View Post
    DeaDBolT

Topic for ATI 5770 / 5750 users

2) In the game Empire total war. Anti-aliasing and anisotropic filtering dont work. It can be set, but no change in game. Already reported.

I have been trying to find some positive fixes for your card,but seen only negative feed back so far.The 5700 series has alot of compatibility problems and not just with ETW.It is really disappointing to but a new card just to have so many problems.

How old is the card.Can you trade it in for another model?Awhile back i tried an ATI card and had nothing but driver problems.I registered right away and had issues right away.I spent days and weeks to try to get it working.Ati had no solutions.I asked if i could send it back and they said yes and warranted a refund.I then purchased a set of BFG nvidia GTX 7800's and everything was fine again and since.Then i bought ETW and had problems all over again on my Evga gtx285's.But this time it's ETW's fault.My 285's run everything else just fine.I have over 20 different games on my system and only ETW has problems.All due to crappy coding and a unfinnished game with lack of cooperation with the video card makers.
    Well, i just purchased the card 2 weeks ago, but like you i only have problems with ETW\NTW, everything else runs fine (Call of Juarez BiB, MW2, M2TW, etcetera) plus i also had the problems with ETW\NTW with my previous card, a Geforce 8800 gtx, so i can allready rule out simply having a faulty card.
    After trying all the possible fixes the Ati problem thread here could give me i've come to the conclusion that leaving things as they are might be for the best since ETW/NTW crash only once or twice a day on average and never twice on the same battle unless i change my gfx settings in between.

Thanks for all the advice.

Cheers,
    Last edited by DeaDBolT; March 11, 2010 at 12:45 PM.
    "Opinions that come forth out of prejudice and lack of knowledge are always defended most fiercely, often with violence" Unknown (with additions by myself)

Proud to be Dutch.
    A proud member of S.I.N.

Something i said made sense? +rep me to +rep you.

DarthMod@Twitter (NEW!)
    Call to arms! An army of 5.000 is needed.

Quote Originally Posted by tango12345 View Post
    That is the citizenship tech bug. There is a fix somewhere around, but I would be patient and wait for DM/DMUC 5.5 to come out tomorrow, since the fix (among a lot of other goodies) is built into them.
    very good, thanks a lot

Hi guys, I would like to confirm that reinstalling the mod everything works, at least until now.

Thank everyone.