Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: The most frequent installation issues and their solutions (For all versions of DarthMod Empire)

Syntax's Avatar "Veni Vidi Vici"

Default Re: DMUC 5.4.1: THE MOST FREQUENT ISSUES AND THEIR SOLUTIONS

DeaDBolT yes you should all go to shader 2 as the implemented shader 3 option is a bug included by CA!!!!
    For good information go to this Link which cover graphic general: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=233186

Quote Originally Posted by hammeredalways View Post
    Hi OSDEA7 was it jjwalker http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=328713 I would be interested to know if the SLI works ok, I have 2xGTX280m in my Laptop and can only play with SLI disabled, otherwise I get really poor (almost CGA type intermittent graphics) and screen flickering
    Yes it is jjwalker.
    I am running the 186.18 nvidia driver.
    Plus my SLI is working fine along with the physics on my 2 X gtx285ftw's.I run the shader 2.I know this is doing without some good settings but to me it is really not that noticeable.I rather have smooth game play at a good resolution.Maybe in the future this may be fixed.Who knows.It's been a year.2 many different types of PC's and video cards for them to deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by OSDEA7 View Post
    Yes it is jjwalker.
    I am running the 186.18 nvidia driver.
    Plus my SLI is working fine along with the physics on my 2 X gtx285ftw's.I run the shader 2.I know this is doing without some good settings but to me it is really not that noticeable.I rather have smooth game play at a good resolution.Maybe in the future this may be fixed.Who knows.It's been a year.2 many different types of PC's and video cards for them to deal with.

Question - OSDEA7 - are you satisfied with the different color you get with the 186.xx drivers? - what about the 195.62 - no SLI support? or what's the issue you not take this driver? Becaus I use this one - but I'm not on SLI! - and have no trouble - sometimes a little flickering but its real minimal.......

Quote Originally Posted by Syntax View Post
    Question - OSDEA7 - are you satisfied with the different color you get with the 186.xx drivers? - what about the 195.62 - no SLI support? or what's the issue you not take this driver? Becaus I use this one - but I'm not on SLI! - and have no trouble - sometimes a little flickering but its real minimal.......
    Color is fine.I have not noticed any significant difference in color.All my colors look very vivid and natural.I tried newer drivers and had no luck with them using ETW.Since i have 2 video cards i would like to use them.195.62 may work.I do not remember if i tried it yet or not, but the no sli use puts a damper on my choice.
    Other than the once in awhile video corruption this is the best driver i have used so far.I have tried 16 different drivers.I have been playing for a week now without any video issues.The only 186 driver that works well for me is the 186.18.
    Well i just checked my driver list and 195.62 is there,so i must have tried it and it failed me.

Hi fischereister - if you have the 70 range then you are seeing vanilla only the DMUC menu starts like this, before passing to main game menu - if you look in your main empire data folder do you have a series of files with prefix DMUC, or if possible post a screenshot of your data folder
    I uninstalled it, and I actually redownloaded DMUC and installed it again, and it still doesn't work. I do have a series of files labelled with DMUC in the data folder. How would I go about taking a screenshot and posting it here?

♔hammeredalways♔'s Avatar Darthmod Moderator

Hi fischrmeister - there are a number of options personally at present I use Zscreen its freeware you can get from here or if you google there wil other options - also allows you take screen pics in game of the epic battles you will fight once we get you up and running http://sourceforge.net/projects/zscreen/

First please check the following folder C:\Users\Vista User\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Empire\scripts

what do you have in there, if you have please post the user script here
    Knight of the binge-drinking-Kebab-shop-vomiting-taxi rank-punch-up? 32nd degree

hammeredalways thanks for the good download tip!!! - as my used test version of a program will expire tomorrow - so perfect....
    You go further and help fischrmeister - as I' busy doing the "Reformation"...
    Hear you mate....good luck....

Color is fine.I have not noticed any significant difference in color.All my colors look very vivid and natural.I tried newer drivers and had no luck with them using ETW.Since i have 2 video cards i would like to use them.195.62 may work.I do not remember if i tried it yet or not, but the no sli use puts a damper on my choice.
    Other than the once in awhile video corruption this is the best driver i have used so far.I have tried 16 different drivers.I have been playing for a week now without any video issues.The only 186 driver that works well for me is the 186.18.
    Well i just checked my driver list and 195.62 is there,so i must have tried it and it failed me.

Thanks for info...hear you......

DeaDBolT's Avatar Decanus

Well, i've tested running the game with level 2 shaders and i must say i have not had a battle crash in 2 days now, which is very good.

I did notices some flickering and graphical artifacts on the campaign map, but nothing serious, although i did just get a crash loading a battle with the error message:

"Insufficient video memory to run game"

It's rare seeing as this is by my knowledge the second time this ever happened to me, it doesnt seem shader related though, seeing as how the first time it happened was with shader lvl 3 and now it happens with lvl 2 shaders as well.

I'll let you know if i get any strange errors.

EDIT: i just got another "Empire has stopped working" ctd, although this is the first time in about 2 days, so all in all the result is quite good.
    Although that could mean my other errors are still shader related, because lvl 2 shaders are not completely stable either.

Cheers,
    Last edited by DeaDBolT; March 07, 2010 at 11:33 AM.
    "Opinions that come forth out of prejudice and lack of knowledge are always defended most fiercely, often with violence" Unknown (with additions by myself)

Proud to be Dutch.
    A proud member of S.I.N.

Something i said made sense? +rep me to +rep you.

DarthMod@Twitter (NEW!)
    Call to arms! An army of 5.000 is needed.

Hi fischrmeister - there are a number of options personally at present I use Zscreen its freeware you can get from here or if you google there wil other options - also allows you take screen pics in game of the epic battles you will fight once we get you up and running http://sourceforge.net/projects/zscreen/

First please check the following folder C:\Users\Vista User\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Empire\scripts

what do you have in there, if you have please post the user script here

Quote Originally Posted by DeaDBolT View Post
    Well, i've tested running the game with level 2 shaders and i must say i have not had a battle crash in 2 days now, which is very good.

I did notices some flickering and graphical artifacts on the campaign map, but nothing serious, although i did just get a crash loading a battle with the error message:

"Insufficient video memory to run game"

It's rare seeing as this is by my knowledge the second time this ever happened to me, it doesnt seem shader related though, seeing as how the first time it happened was with shader lvl 3 and now it happens with lvl 2 shaders as well.

I'll let you know if i get any strange errors.

EDIT: i just got another "Empire has stopped working" ctd, although this is the first time in about 2 days, so all in all the result is quite good.
    Although that could mean my other errors are still shader related, because lvl 2 shaders are not completely stable either.

Cheers,

Since you are running a ATI card go to this forum.You may find some help here.

Empire: Total War Technical Help

ATI Driver and General Help Thread

I do not know what your spec's are but this is the advised driver for ATI running ETW.

Until a better set of Catalyst drivers are released 9.6 are to be prefered when it comes to Empire:TW.

Catalyst 9.6 Vista/win7 64bit
    http://downloads.guru3d.com/ATI-Catalyst-9.6-Vista-|-7-64-bit-download-2305.html

Catalyst 9.6 Vista/win7 32bit
    http://downloads.guru3d.com/ATI-Catalyst-9.6-Vista-|-7-32-bit-download-2304.html'

Catalyst 9.6 XP 32bit
    http://downloads.guru3d.com/ATI-Cata...load-2303.html

All in all There are problems with ATI and Nvidia.But the real problem really lays on CA.They created this under developement of a game and shifted it to the consumers to get the cash for an unfinished product.There should be a consumer law to protect customers from this poor quality of a product.Why hasn't anyone done anything about it,i don't understand.If it was a car they would be sued.If it were most of anything they would be sued.So why aren't software companies responsible for their quality?
    It kinda of reminds me of a movie i saw.(Based on a true story)This factory was making pistons for fighter airplanes of WWII.Well they found a flaw in the pistons and found that they would easily develop cracks that lead to engine failure to ultimate crash.Well the owners of the company decided they had to much invested and would be bankrupted if they scrapped it to start over.So they chose to ignore and hide their quality and ship the pistons the way they were.The result ended up with 17 young pilots dying from engine failure in their planes.Well the Government did something about that situation and it is far important than a game but the concept for quality is the same for anything intended for public use.
    Last edited by OSDEA7; March 07, 2010 at 01:08 PM.

Hi fischrmeister, please save the attached in the script folder and try to launcg the UC game and let me know if you have 110 range
    Knight of the binge-drinking-Kebab-shop-vomiting-taxi rank-punch-up? 32nd degree

Hi fischrmeister, please save the attached in the script folder and try to launcg the UC game and let me know if you have 110 range
    Thanks, it worked. Yesterday, I felt like going

but now I feel like

btw this site has the best emoticons I've ever seen

no probs., enjoy the game - every now and then ETW experiences random CTD's (many vanilla related) hopefully you won't get but just in case the user_script tends to be deleted, go into the diagnostics in the DMUC menu, activate and reset youtr scripts and you should be good to go

no probs., enjoy the game - every now and then ETW experiences random CTD's (many vanilla related) hopefully you won't get but just in case the user_script tends to be deleted, go into the diagnostics in the DMUC menu, activate and reset youtr scripts and you should be good to go
    How would you know if user scripts delete.I have had many crashes before i got the driver i have now but the script files are still in the script folder.So what may be deleted?

mod aum_mod_dm.pack;
    mod mod_ornamentum_poltava_dm.pack;
    mod brit_mod_drth.pack;
    mod darthmod.pack;

They always look like this.Or does the deletion go deeper than this.

Hi OSDEA7 - playing the Darthmod your script is fine as you have it, with each DMUC the relevant campaign option has its own script with many lines - hence it has an automatic reset option.

No matter what I play I have my own subfolder named after my user name where I save a copy of the working script just in case.

Quote Originally Posted by Syntax View Post
    DeaDBolT yes you should all go to shader 2 as the implemented shader 3 option is a bug included by CA!!!!
    For good information go to this Link which cover graphic general: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=233186
    Hi syntax!
    Im currently playing DMUC ultra sizes and my good ol' computer only allows me to do so on shader model 2 but dont tell me that sh 3 is bugged and I shouldnt turn it on when my new computer arrives next week!

If that is correct having that bug-ed after and expansion and five patches...well I dont know what to say about that... Specially given the fact that it is as your link states that shader model is one of the graphical setting that impacts more on quality (it says that Sh 2 turns empire into rome total war and I think that is not all exagerating!)

Dont ofuscate yourself! It's pointless to resist . . .

DeaDBolT's Avatar Decanus

[QUOTE=OSDEA7;6910227]Since you are running a ATI card go to this forum.You may find some help here.

I do not know what your spec's are but this is the advised driver for ATI running ETW.

Until a better set of Catalyst drivers are released 9.6 are to be prefered when it comes to Empire:TW.

http://downloads.guru3d.com/ATI-Catalyst-9.6-Vista-|-7-64-bit-download-2305.html

http://downloads.guru3d.com/ATI-Catalyst-9.6-Vista-|-7-32-bit-download-2304.html'

Catalyst 9.6 XP 32bit

Well, i've tried the 9.6 Catalyst driver, but for some reason when i install it, i get the message that this version of Catalyst is incompatible with my gfx card, i tried again and again, but the damn thing just wont work.

I run windows 7 32 bit, using an Ati HD5770.

I'm straight out of idea's now, it's still crashing on me regardless of graphic settings...

Cheers,
    "Opinions that come forth out of prejudice and lack of knowledge are always defended most fiercely, often with violence" Unknown (with additions by myself)

Proud to be Dutch.
    A proud member of S.I.N.

Something i said made sense? +rep me to +rep you.

DarthMod@Twitter (NEW!)
    Call to arms! An army of 5.000 is needed.

[QUOTE=DeaDBolT;6924316]
    Since you are running a ATI card go to this forum.You may find some help here.

Catalyst 9.6 XP 32bit

Well, i've tried the 9.6 Catalyst driver, but for some reason when i install it, i get the message that this version of Catalyst is incompatible with my gfx card, i tried again and again, but the damn thing just wont work.

I run windows 7 32 bit, using an Ati HD5770.

I'm straight out of idea's now, it's still crashing on me regardless of graphic settings...

Cheers,
    I thought i had it bad,but yours seems to be worse.

DeaDBolT

Topic for ATI 5770 / 5750 users

2) In the game Empire total war. Anti-aliasing and anisotropic filtering dont work. It can be set, but no change in game. Already reported.

I have been trying to find some positive fixes for your card,but seen only negative feed back so far.The 5700 series has alot of compatibility problems and not just with ETW.It is really disappointing to but a new card just to have so many problems.

How old is the card.Can you trade it in for another model?Awhile back i tried an ATI card and had nothing but driver problems.I registered right away and had issues right away.I spent days and weeks to try to get it working.Ati had no solutions.I asked if i could send it back and they said yes and warranted a refund.I then purchased a set of BFG nvidia GTX 7800's and everything was fine again and since.Then i bought ETW and had problems all over again on my Evga gtx285's.But this time it's ETW's fault.My 285's run everything else just fine.I have over 20 different games on my system and only ETW has problems.All due to crappy coding and a unfinnished game with lack of cooperation with the video card makers.
    Last edited by OSDEA7; March 10, 2010 at 12:38 AM.