Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: The most frequent installation issues and their solutions (For all versions of DarthMod Empire)

Default Re: DMUC 5.3d: THE MOST FREQUENT ISSUES AND THEIR SOLUTIONS

Quote Originally Posted by No0dle View Post
    How do you launch the mod and what (campaign) are you launching?
    Are you using the DMUC launcher?
    Have you tried to reset your scripts?
    Are you sure you indicated the proper ETW path?

@diadok: Try to reset your scripts ...
    Yes, I'm using DMUC launcher, and it's crashed in all campaigns, and yes the DMUC is installed in folder where I have ETW... I try to reinstalled it.
    Please excuse my English, I am from Czech republic.

Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Lorkis View Post
    .. I try to reinstalled it.
    Okay, report back ...

diadok's Avatar Senator

Icon14 Re: DMUC 5.3d: THE MOST FREQUENT ISSUES AND THEIR SOLUTIONS

thanks Noodle, i noticed that late campaign had become early campaign (ever reported somewhere), so i desinstall/reinstall DMUC : it took me 10 minutes, i have reload my savegame, and this time everything has return to normal (late campaign + no CTD), and russian turn has not freeze

more : they played... very well : first time they had invaded finland with 1 fullstack and i bashed them. this time they send a second full stack and then attack... nothing to do.
    and first time i see that : they win, they get what they was looking for, so they offer peace (i am not in position to refuse... ).
    Last edited by diadok; February 18, 2010 at 07:28 PM.

You like EPIC battles ? watch Diadok's Gallery, play Epic Late Campaign for TATW 2.1
    "They rob the poor under the cover of law, forsooth, and we plunder the rich under the protection of our own courage." (Black Sam Bellamy)

Hello,

Yesterday I started a campaign as US using the ultimate late campaign. I decided to select four turns per year, but it doesn't work. Its only 2 turns per year in the campaign. Anyone know how to fix this?

Syntax's Avatar "Veni Vidi Vici"

Duffman - I have the same issue - will have a look I saw somewhere a submod (but no idea if it is compatible with the new DMUC and the last CA patch) anyway - wait....

I wait

jayvikings57's Avatar Tiro

hi everyone,

Currently playing a "late" campaign with Prussia, 5.3DMUC(d). With the half strength maratha mod, AUM switcher and the music mod.

Anyways, no real issues with installing or anything, but I am getting frequent CTD's with battles.

At first I thought it might be unit specific (maybe the swiss line inf) but they were playable in some battles.

When I fought near Genoa and Savoy it CTD anytime I sieged (when they sallied forth to attack me)
    Attacking cities outright seems to be fine. So I thought It was just attacking cities and the defender sallying forth.

Then I start getting CTD's when defending my own cities, but only sometimes, most recent when defending genoa and savoy from Genoa and Vienna from Morocco.

Have just invaded the states with Prussia, no CTD's there yet.

My solution has been to auto resolve battles but earning me huge losses.

Have been fighting the French in France too (no CTD's there)

All in all I cant pin point the problem.

Any ideas or has anyone come accross this?

Fantabolous mod!

Senator

Quote Originally Posted by jayvikings57 View Post
    hi everyone,

Currently playing a "late" campaign with Prussia, 5.3DMUC(d). With the half strength maratha mod, AUM switcher and the music mod.

Anyways, no real issues with installing or anything, but I am getting frequent CTD's with battles.

At first I thought it might be unit specific (maybe the swiss line inf) but they were playable in some battles.

When I fought near Genoa and Savoy it CTD anytime I sieged (when they sallied forth to attack me)
    Attacking cities outright seems to be fine. So I thought It was just attacking cities and the defender sallying forth.

Then I start getting CTD's when defending my own cities, but only sometimes, most recent when defending genoa and savoy from Genoa and Vienna from Morocco.

Have just invaded the states with Prussia, no CTD's there yet.

My solution has been to auto resolve battles but earning me huge losses.

Have been fighting the French in France too (no CTD's there)

All in all I cant pin point the problem.

Any ideas or has anyone come accross this?

Fantabolous mod!
    Try to reinstall DMUC without the Half-Strength Maratha Mod ...

Try to reinstall DMUC without the Half-Strength Maratha Mod ...

I will try that now....

Will it take affect within my save game, in that will it stop the problem or will I need a new Campaign.

Usually changing something like that means I wont be able to load the savegame?

Ill report back asap

Senator

Quote Originally Posted by jayvikings57 View Post
    I will try that now....

Will it take affect within my save game, in that will it stop the problem or will I need a new Campaign.

Usually changing something like that means I wont be able to load the savegame?

Ill report back asap
    I'm not sure ...

Just try it out and if your savegame won't load, install HSMM again, finish your campaign and reinstall DMUC to try the next campaign without HSMM and maybe you don't get CTDs ...

I'm not sure ...

Just try it out and if your savegame won't load, install HSMM again, finish your campaign and reinstall DMUC to try the next campaign without HSMM and maybe you don't get CTDs ...

I reinstalled, and loaded up.

My Prussia vs France battle that was CTD before is now allowing me to play.
    So the solution seems to have worked. Ill keep an eye on this.

Can I ask why the maratha half strength mod would have caused this problem?

Syntax's Avatar "Veni Vidi Vici"

Quote Originally Posted by DUFFMAN View Post
    I wait

There is a solution: Link: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=240167
    Either in an ongoing campaign or for a new start!

Good luck! and happy gaming

As already in your thread posted!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Syntax View Post
    There is a solution: Link: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=240167
    Either in an ongoing campaign or for a new start!

Good luck! and happy gaming

As already in your thread posted!!!!!
    Yes, thank you for the second or third time

this is sad, i get all hyped up for 5.3 and now the ucp 5.5 doesnt work. i reinstalled dumc and downloaded other ucps from swiss's page but i got nothin

I know Isabel very kindly pm ed me with a solution for the late game CTDs in dmuc. She seemed to suggest deleting the EUE units in ETW data. But it's not the new EUE units causing the problem for me, it's the older DLC Russian grenadiers and probably other older EUW units. This battle for instance. I can auto resolve but it sort of spoils the fun.I do have all dlc units installed
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Last edited by Jihada; February 19, 2010 at 07:58 PM. Reason: spelling

I posted something similar to Jihada's post in one of the topics. Actually I think we had posted in the same topic

As for our problem Im having the same issues he is I think its most of the EUW but i can still use my Death's Head Hussars although I forgot if they came from that dlc or another. Every time I fight EUW the game gets stuck in the loading screen.

♔hammeredalways♔'s Avatar Darthmod Moderator

Jihada and PrussianMight - I have no problem with the EUE units (you do need dome Startpos modifications to get all the new units, Isabelxx has done if you check her Jedi mod) it is definitely the EUW units, until they guys have tested and posted a fix I have disabled the units by changing change the setting in units_to_exclusive_faction_permissions from True to False, I believe all the relevant units have a prefix of elite, not ideal but stops battle CTD's and allows you to play the game without autoresolve

Yes thanks. I'll go back to my Maratha campaign until there's a fix. No EUW enemies in that atm.

♔hammeredalways♔'s Avatar Darthmod Moderator

likewise, first time I have played Maratha quite enjoyable, I have finally fixed the Mughals after 52 turns, and had stroke of luck the Spanish took out the UP leaving Ceylon ripe for plucking. Currently I am engadging the Persians, the had allied with the Mughals, they have some troops as well, though with me frome East, and the Ottomans from the West their days are numbered I think. One thing I have just had is that Anatolia has rebelled from Ottoman rule, which I have never seen before

The startpos to include all the EUE units obly works with Jedi Mod according to Isabel

Improvements in AI:
    -Balance for minor factions. This will stop enormous factions in late campaign.
    -Improvements & balance for major factions: AI landings, economy, ...
    And the units of the new DLC EUE now can be recruited if you have the DLC.

The JM startpos will not work without JM.
    You still can use JM mod with other startpos but non JM startpos with other mods.

I'm playing Marathas in dmuc so I 'd better not add it. Strangely some EUE units show up but not all.