Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: The most frequent installation issues and their solutions (For all versions of DarthMod Empire)

Senator

Default Re: SOLUTIONS FOR: "Help, my game is vanilla!", "My game crahes on startup!", "I get a CTD while loading my savegame!", "My game crahes during battles!", "My cities are invisible!" & more!

Quote Originally Posted by kmcwilli View Post
    well now that i try to launch the game again I am getting the same crash to desktop when i try to launch a grand campaign. I have been observing the scripts and they do tend to disappear from time to time but i have done what syntax advised checking the scripts before i launch and it is still not working.
    Hmm ... this issue seem to be a very frequent one since the silent update by CA ...

I would advise all of you to wait for DMUC 5.3! Hip will probably release it later that day and I'm sure DMUC 5.3 will solve all issues concerning EUE and the startup crashes!

Default Re: SOLUTIONS FOR: "Help, my game is vanilla!", "My game crahes on startup!", "I get a CTD while loading my savegame!", "My game crahes during battles!", "My cities are invisible!" & more!

Thanks NoOdle and syntax, did everything you said, still didn't work. Reinstalled, everything works again. If I have further issues I will wait for the next release

Syntax's Avatar "Veni Vidi Vici"

Edit: wrong understood -to early in the morning haha...
    Last edited by Syntax; February 12, 2010 at 08:27 PM.

This post is a god send. I nearly freaked out when I couldn't get Darth mod to launch after the Elite units of the east was released. Thanks so much.

Freakwave's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: [Thread temporary not appropiable. It will be updated to DMUC 5.3 soon!]

Seconded very helpfull thread thanks!

Ankhenaton's Avatar Foederatus
    Far Rockaway, NY ( a peninsula and part of NYC south of John F. Kennedy Airport)

Default Re: [Thread temporary not appropiable. It will be updated to DMUC 5.3 soon!]

Man I was ready to start trashing my computer room...I had DMUC installed on my MSI gaming laptop and a wonderful campaign going. I have been purposely not downloading any updates....I step away for an hour and I saw that one of my daughters had turned on the wireless connectivity to said laptop. Anyway as I try to load my wonderful save game I get a CTD. As I was also eating breakfast I immediately lost my appetite and was looking to open a window and scream out loud. Because I knew that Steam had uploaded some...new ....stuff onto the computer. I am downloading 5.3 now and then the hotfix. Thanks for this thread, I knew it had to be some CA/Steam related....stuff. One other question, I would like to delete some save games and I can't find the particular thread that explains the process. Sorry if this is a repetitive question. Again thanks for the great work guys. Hopefully my old save games will load. I am praying that they do.
    KHEMET - The Land of the Black Earth!

Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Ankhenaton View Post
    I would like to delete some save games and I can't find the particular thread that explains the process.
    You can delete them ingame: have a detailed look at the loading saves menu ... I bet you'll find the red cross at the top of the scroll bar on the right windows side
    Just mark a savegame and click on the red cross ...

Medkirtys's Avatar Senator

Deleting save games was a mystery for me too, i deleted them by going into game files, until today i discovered the almighty X

Far Rockaway, NY ( a peninsula and part of NYC south of John F. Kennedy Airport)

LOL!!! Thanks for the simple solution...I am back to enjoying my campaign.
    Last edited by Ankhenaton; February 14, 2010 at 07:22 PM.

Yes I was traumatized...lol...by the lack of simplicity found in the original game with no delete feature. The power of the "X" compels you...lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Medkirtys View Post
    Deleting save games was a mystery for me too, i deleted them by going into game files, until today i discovered the almighty X
    Yes I was traumatized...lol...by the lack of simplicity found in the original game with no delete feature. The power of the "X" compels you...lol.
    Last edited by Ankhenaton; February 14, 2010 at 07:23 PM.

Senator

Default Re: DMUC 5.3d: THE MOST FREQUENT ISSUES AND THEIR SOLUTIONS

UPDATED FOR DMUC 5.3d

Suggestions and additions required!

Not finished yet, but I'm working on it

I have problem, the names of custom units are invisible... i mean you can see only skirmishers but nothing else... i have the latest 5.3d version. please help!!

Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Riddick88 View Post
    I have problem, the names of custom units are invisible... i mean you can see only skirmishers but nothing else... i have the latest 5.3d version. please help!!
    Which units are affected?
    Do you use an alternative UPC?
    Have you tried to reinstall DMUC?

Quote Originally Posted by DARTH VADER View Post
    Excellent Addition. Thank you No0dle.
    Thank you for you complaisant words, my dark lord
    Last edited by No0dle; February 17, 2010 at 08:39 AM.

diadok's Avatar Senator

Icon4 Re: DMUC 5.3d: THE MOST FREQUENT ISSUES AND THEIR SOLUTIONS

issue or feedback ? in late campaign powerfull nations make next turn very long.
    55th turn, i wait for 20 minutes now, at russian turn, and it is not finished...

You like EPIC battles ? watch Diadok's Gallery, play Epic Late Campaign for TATW 2.1
    "They rob the poor under the cover of law, forsooth, and we plunder the rich under the protection of our own courage." (Black Sam Bellamy)

Senator

Quote Originally Posted by diadok View Post
    issue or feedback ? in late campaign powerfull nations make next turn very long.
    55th turn, i wait for 20 minutes now, at russian turn, and it is not finished...
    Vanilla Bug, caused by the Ottoman AI ... look here

I have Windows 7 and the mod doesn't work. I have downloaded DarthMod Ultimate Commander and install it, but when I launch the mod, steam starts loading ETW and then game crash into the windows. Original ETW is working.
    Please excuse my English, I am from Czech republic.

diadok's Avatar Senator

i knew this, but here it is russia.
    and it seems like old same problem with maratha/russia has been solved.

in late campaign, i wonder if something has been done to fix it ?
    1 hour now that i wait, i must stop

EDIT: the savegame seems corrupted now, cannot reload ----> CTD
    Last edited by diadok; February 18, 2010 at 03:04 PM.

You like EPIC battles ? watch Diadok's Gallery, play Epic Late Campaign for TATW 2.1
    "They rob the poor under the cover of law, forsooth, and we plunder the rich under the protection of our own courage." (Black Sam Bellamy)

Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Lorkis View Post
    I have Windows 7 and the mod doesn't work. I have downloaded DarthMod Ultimate Commander and install it, but when I launch the mod, steam starts loading ETW and then game crash into the windows. Original ETW is working.
    How do you launch the mod and what (campaign) are you launching?
    Are you using the DMUC launcher?
    Have you tried to reset your scripts?
    Are you sure you indicated the proper ETW path?

EDIT: the savegame seems corrupted now, cannot reload ----> CTD
    @diadok: Try to reset your scripts ...