Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: More Ancillaries 3.2 -update 24.2.2010

Kahvipannu's Avatar Bring me Solo & wookie

Default Re: More Ancillaries 3.2 -update 24.2.2010

Quote Originally Posted by Lt.Wrench View Post
    Hey first time poster, long time fan of warhammer. But I installed your submod for 3.1 (looked awesome, and thought to give my high king a bit more flare), and I got ctd when i tried to start a campaign. I have Beregonds translations and all that. What am I missing? help please.
    Which file did you download? I'm currently playing two campaigns with all ancs, but no further testing with "only persons".
    Did you try to launch it again? There's random loading screen CTD in CoWH.

Oh, and welcome to the forums

The version with the persons. No I havent, lol I didnt think CTDs happen randomly, I just assumed I did something wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Kahvipannu View Post
    I believe it's not possible. Effects are tied to ancs. I'll have to check if it can be done somehow..Altought I believe it is possible to make it so, that character will get hidden trait, which f.ex. gives negative piety. But still, ancs description shows positive in text..
    Well, maybe the item description could read something like "gives x piety to rightsome/true of heart/honorable wielder"; so evil guys wielding it would not get the bonus and still the description would match. (And who says that every orc understands all the implications of such an artifact?)

Quote Originally Posted by Lt.Wrench View Post
    The version with the persons. No I havent, lol I didnt think CTDs happen randomly, I just assumed I did something wrong.
    I'm not sure what causes it I've had these since CoWH 1.0, but they are really rare. usually when I start campaign.

Could you try again, and see if your campaign starts, if yes, post reply here? If not, could you send your log-file?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by toluas View Post
    Well, maybe the item description could read something like "gives x piety to rightsome/true of heart/honorable wielder"; so evil guys wielding it would not get the bonus and still the description would match. (And who says that every orc understands all the implications of such an artifact?)
    That would surely work

It's gone, and same thing too if you execute him after battle I believe If it is one in a world ancillary, It will be gained again with right triggers, if there isn't another in game.
    Thanks Kahvipannu,i heve some new questions:

is there some limitation for a general of how many ancs he can have at the time and is there a posibility to give them away to another of my generals, i think that was possible in vanila M2TW even if not with all of them.

I tryed new campaign with MA 3.2 and most of anc give me more Command,chivalry etc.

I wish ancs with a lot movement increase or maybe some that give me one unique unit that are
    nowhere else to find or regruit or even special ability for certain units like longer range fo canons ,
    more ammo,better accuracy.
    That would be nice.
    Even in a vanila Warhammer you could get some magic unit by destroying certain enemy unit completly.
    Like some shield that give imunity for carrier unit from arrows etc.
    I think this would be nice too.
    If its possible.

Whatever this sub mode is a great idea and enebles more goals in the campaign.
    Last edited by pilip_de; February 26, 2010 at 03:52 PM.

gaunty14's Avatar Vicarius

Hi, I am having difficulties in that there are no descriptions for the ancillaries

but I definetley overwritten the mentioned files. So any ideas

"will help build battle station for food" - or rep

Quote Originally Posted by pilip_de View Post
    Thanks Kahvipannu,i heve some new questions:

is there some limitation for a general of how many ancs he can have at the time and is there a posibility to give them away to another of my generals, i think that was possible in vanila M2TW even if not with all of them.
    Yes it's hard coded, I believe it is 8, if I remember right. Yes, it's possible to make ancillaries transferrable, but there is just few that I have added, like Map of Old World. Thing is, if you would get uber enchanced magic warhammer, would you pass it to someone else? How to make them transferrable:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Open export_desc_ancillaries.
    Pick one ancillary, for example Sorceress here:
    Ancillary sorce
    Type military
    Transferable 0
    Image sorce1.tga
    ExcludeCultures southern_european, middle_eastern, eastern_european, Nord_culture
    Description sorce_desc
    EffectsDescription sorce_effects_desc
    Effect Chivalry -3
    Effect Command 2
    Effect PersonalSecurity 4
    Effect Authority 1
    Effect TroopMorale 2

Edit Transferable to 1

Quote Originally Posted by pilip_de View Post
    I tryed new campaign with MA 3.2 and most of anc give me more Command,chivalry etc.

I wish ancs with a lot movement increase or maybe some that give me one unique unit that are
    nowhere else to find or regruit or even special ability for certain units like longer range fo canons ,
    more ammo,better accuracy.
    That would be nice.
    Even in a vanila Warhammer you could get some magic unit by destroying certain enemy unit completly.
    Like some shield that give imunity for carrier unit from arrows etc.
    I think this would be nice too.
    If its possible.

Whatever this sub mode is a great idea and enebles more goals in the campaign.
    Yes effects, and triggers are currently under work.

And it's not possible to add that kind of bonuses, sadly. Just +/- dread, movement, line of sight, cost of units, trade, and so on.. And maybe traits, which I'm working currently, slowly, but steadily

Quote Originally Posted by gaunty14 View Post
    Hi, I am having difficulties in that there are no descriptions for the ancillaries

but I definetley overwritten the mentioned files. So any ideas
    Strange Can you tell which anc/ancs have this problem? If not, screenshot? And which file did you download?

Edit:
    I might know why this happens. If your export_ancillaries is older (which is one of the files in M-Ancs), than your export_ancillaries.txt.strings, it wont update. Both are in data/text folder. Try modifye the first one, save it, modifye it back, and save, and then try if they work. Hope this works.

And if this is the case, I will add export_ancillaries.txt.strings too in download..
    Last edited by Kahvipannu; February 26, 2010 at 04:54 PM.

Thanks for a quick respond,

i did allready suspected that something like that would be too good to be true,
    but it would give more Warhammer feeling to this excellent mod.

I still miss magic and magic items(there is a Wizard in the CoW but it is to powerfull and i don't use him).

Is there gonna be some major changes in the next few days,within MA 3.2 or can i continue my campaign without fear that something GOOOD is comming and i will have to start new campaign aggain becouse save game eint gonna work with changes in this mod.

Thanks and keep up a good work.
    Last edited by pilip_de; February 26, 2010 at 05:31 PM.

I believe next update will be during next week, can't say which day..

gaunty14's Avatar Vicarius

Strange Can you tell which anc/ancs have this problem? If not, screenshot? And which file did you download?

Edit:
    I might know why this happens. If your export_ancillaries is older (which is one of the files in M-Ancs), than your export_ancillaries.txt.strings, it wont update. Both are in data/text folder. Try modifye the first one, save it, modifye it back, and save, and then try if they work. Hope this works.

And if this is the case, I will add export_ancillaries.txt.strings too in download..
    Okay I think it working so thankyou

"will help build battle station for food" - or rep

Is it possible for a retinue/trait to affect the general unit?) Except for the HP and recovery)
    I mean a trait that increases attack,defense, speed,..

Quote Originally Posted by gaunty14 View Post
    Okay I think it working so thankyou
    So it worked?
    So now I know how to fix this.

Quote Originally Posted by Carcaju View Post
    Is it possible for a retinue/trait to affect the general unit?) Except for the HP and recovery)
    I mean a trait that increases attack,defense, speed,..
    Hmmm.. I'm not sure, but I don't believe there is much..Stats change for battlemap isn't possible, so no better charge for example from mounts.

Numenorian Dirk in TA gives +1 Attack

Hi,

there are some ancs without any description ,if you go with mouse over it, it doesn't show any text.

Any new files?
    My latest is from 24.02.

Edit:

Did you try this? I'll try to update the file when I get from work.

I am having the same problem as pilip_de. I play Kislev, and the description for the Ursa armor and for Urskin does not appear when I hover the cursor over them.

There is also another discrepancy. The file "export_ancillaries.txt" in the "text" folder contains a description for Urskin, but it gives different information as to effects (+5 HP, +2 LoS) than the description of Urskin in "export_descr_ancillaries.txt" in the "data" folder, which gives the effects as +3 MP, +1 HP, +4 personal security.

PROBLEM SOLVED using Kahvipannu's method.
    Last edited by odyseusz79; March 09, 2010 at 08:14 AM.

I have another problem. Again, playing as Kislev. It seems that this mod spawns a diplomat for Kislev at the beginning of every turn.

It seems very strange to me, but I think I have a solution. The export_descr_ancillaries.txt that comes with More Ancillaries 3.2 is missing a trigger that adds the ancillary "diploma" to the "russian" faction (Kislev, presumably). So, Kislev has diplomats spawning every turn, but none of them ever acquire the "diploma" ancillary. Once I added the trigger back in, I no longer have multiple spawning diplomats, and the one diplomat I do have acquires the "diploma" ancillary.
    Last edited by odyseusz79; March 09, 2010 at 01:10 PM.

Well, High King Thorgrim should have axe of Grimnir and the Great Book of Grudges in my opinion. Question : do the anciliaries give some bonuses or they are just to augument the fluff of the mod?

izanagi11's Avatar Semisalis

Looks like congratz to you, Kahvipannu, for your ancillaries making into the next version!
    "The shape of you, the shape of me, the shape of everything I see.."

Quote Originally Posted by Grand Admiral Thrawn View Post
    Numenorian Dirk in TA gives +1 Attack
    It's a little late, but are you sure that benefits the Character in the Battle Map. "Attack" refers to the bonus generated by being the attacker in any situation.

[ Cry Havoc:: ] - [ link ] - [ An Expanded World Submod for Call of Warhammer ]
    My turban brings all the muslims to the yard and they're like العنصرية ش