Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: More Ancillaries 3.2 -update 24.2.2010

Saruman the white wizard's Avatar Decanus
    Schouwerzijl, a little village in the north of the Netherlands.

Default Re: More Ancillaries 3.1 -update 16.2.2010

It seems like a very good sub mod, but there is a problem.
    All new ancillaries have no description or bonus whatsoever. For example the orc boss head grimgor gets at the start. If you hover your mouse over it the only thing that shows up is a small black bar. Any idea how I can fix that?
    Last edited by Saruman the white wizard; February 23, 2010 at 05:24 AM.

''Just to remaind, it's NOT save-game compatible ''
    All Orks is equal, but some Orks are more equal dan uvvas.

hick09's Avatar Miles

well team decided to include some ancillaries in the mod
    there is some errros for example
    Trigger runeham2_vnv_trigger
    WhenToTest CharacterTurnEnd
    Condition IsGeneral
    and SettlementName Zhufbar_province (need Zhufbar)
    and TimeInRegion > 2
    and not HasAncType sword
    and not I_WorldwideAncillaryExists runeham

AcquireAncillary runeham chance 100

Kahvipannu's Avatar Bring me Solo & wookie

Quote Originally Posted by hick09 View Post
    well team decided to include some ancillaries in the mod
    there is some errros for example
    Trigger runeham2_vnv_trigger
    WhenToTest CharacterTurnEnd
    Condition IsGeneral
    and SettlementName Zhufbar_province (need Zhufbar)
    and TimeInRegion > 2
    and not HasAncType sword
    and not I_WorldwideAncillaryExists runeham

AcquireAncillary runeham chance 100
    Great, I'm happy to hear that

And about that trigger, it's wip, and it doesn't work in-game. I just left it there, so I can finish it later, so that Runeham could be found near the lake, where it was tossed.

Sorry that I forgot to remove it from the files And I found some more little fixes to ancs and traits also. Just got home after 11h work day, so I'll post them propably tomorow. Now it's sauna, and chilling with some olympic-games

Quote Originally Posted by Saruman the white wizard View Post
    It seems like a very good sub mod, but there is a problem.
    All new ancillaries have no description or bonus whatsoever. For example the orc boss head grimgor gets at the start. If you hover your mouse over it the only thing that shows up is a small black bar. Any idea how I can fix that?
    Thanks. Did you implement all files from zip-file? Or have you overwrited files after applying them? Sounds like your missing my file in mods/teutonic/data/text/export_ancillaries, where is all descriptions for them, which you are missing.

hick09's Avatar Miles

camrade, see your log there is many errors in the triggers in 3.0 version.

Yes, I'll update both files today, and try to fix all I can find I had forgotten to update without persons 3.0 download to 3.1

Update:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

- Fixed numerous typo/generic errors from all ancillaries, all I could find from files
    - Implemented full english translation to "no persons" download
    - Fixed "2 hp-potions" glitch for Empire
    - Edited some triggers

Updated OP and 3.2 is downloadable
    Last edited by Kahvipannu; February 24, 2010 at 03:21 PM.

Thanks!

Default Re: More Ancillaries 3.2 -update 24.2.2010

Kahvipannu I have an idea for a trait/ancilliary.
    It's probably no lore correct but it goes like this:
    Your general is sieging an Sylvannian important town (let's say Drakenhoof), after he wins the battle he gets an retinue or trait that gives him the ability to use Necromancy (imagine this item: Book of Necromancy), but gives him less piety (as he is going against his faith).
    Don't if it's capable, or if it's correct, but IMO would be an nice prize for conquering Drakenhoof.

I got a question too.
    It's possible to receive the itens from another general if you kill him in battle? Let's say a very important item. I think in Third Age, you're capable of receiving the one ring after you killer the general holding it.
    Last edited by Carcaju; February 24, 2010 at 08:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Carcaju View Post
    Kahvipannu I have an idea for a trait/ancilliary.
    It's probably no lore correct but it goes like this:
    Your general is sieging an Sylvannian important town (let's say Drakenhoof), after he wins the battle he gets an retinue or trait that gives him the ability to use Necromancy (imagine this item: Book of Necromancy), but gives him less piety (as he is going against his faith).
    Don't if it's capable, or if it's correct, but IMO would be an nice prize for conquering Drakenhoof.

I got a question too.
    It's possible to receive the itens from another general if you kill him in battle? Let's say a very important item. I think in Third Age, you're capable of receiving the one ring after you killer the general holding it.
    It's great idea, I'll let Saladin to deside if it is fluff wise somehow implementable

And there is some "stealable" ancs, like Sylvania, Night goblins, DE, and Chaos can only get Map of Old world by taking it from enemy general. And Dwarf arctitect (check description) is acuirable to DarkElves if they defeat enemy general with it. Can't remember is there more at the moment

I was thinking adding "stealable" items between Empire, since if one turns Heretic, you could then kill theyr generals, with other Empire generals And sure there is items of other cultures, anybody would greed to get theyr hands in to, but I'm currently working with more complicated triggers

cedric37's Avatar Why Not ?!
    Patrician Citizen

How can you steal an anc in game ? I never did this before.

PS/ very nice work mate! and congratz that your work will be added in the next version of mod.
    Patronized by y2day/Patron of KDK, Swagger & Navajo Joe, of the Imperial House of Hader

Basically if you kill enemy general carrying the anc in battle, you get the ancillary for your self.

Senator

on the sylvanian attribute: i like the idea, but fluffwise it is unlikely that an empire general would use a book of necromancy if found. but it could maybe be implemented if the general is evil(has high dread, and perhaps some new traits that would show him as being a corrupted general of the empire, after all it's usually the noblility of the empire that ends up becoming the bad guys). im not completely against the idea, just that such a character would end up being hunted down by a witch hunter or the black guard of morr. I would agree in having an ancillary like that if it's implemented correctly, i have some ideas for it, ill put them down later on today.

Also on stealing ancs, i think orcs should be able to steal any race's (or maybe just dwarfs) weapon ancs, as they loot and use enemy arms for their own use(except gunpowder of course)

Quote Originally Posted by Saladin View Post
    on the sylvanian attribute: i like the idea, but fluffwise it is unlikely that an empire general would use a book of necromancy if found. but it could maybe be implemented if the general is evil(has high dread, and perhaps some new traits that would show him as being a corrupted general of the empire, after all it's usually the noblility of the empire that ends up becoming the bad guys). im not completely against the idea, just that such a character would end up being hunted down by a witch hunter or the black guard of morr. I would agree in having an ancillary like that if it's implemented correctly, i have some ideas for it, ill put them down later on today.

Also on stealing ancs, i think orcs should be able to steal any race's (or maybe just dwarfs) weapon ancs, as they loot and use enemy arms for their own use(except gunpowder of course)
    Yeah, it would be cool!
    About the orcs, great idea too, they loot everything
    The idea of ''stealing'' the ancillary came after I fought a battle today against Archaon, he have this anc, an armor, that gives him +14 hp, it's nuts So I imagined if it would be able to get it after I defeat him.

Sounds good and interesting Saladin

About the Orcs, I also was thinking same for them, but some ancillary effects wouldn't work. For example if Sword/Hammer gives piety to dwarf or man, it would be a bit strange if it would give it to Orc But some ancs definitely could work.

And I will add NG more "stealing" triggers, like hp-potions, since those little bastards are cleptomanic looters..

Carcaju, 14 hp? That's insane I want one for my generals too
    Last edited by Kahvipannu; February 25, 2010 at 10:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kahvipannu View Post
    Sounds good and interesting Saladin

About the Orcs, I also was thinking same for them, but some ancillary effects wouldn't work. For example if Sword/Hammer gives piety to dwarf or man, it would be a bit strange if it would give it to Orc But some ancs definitely could work.

And I will add NG more "stealing" triggers, like hp-potions, since those little bastards are cleptomanic looters..

Carcaju, 14 hp? That's insane I want one for my generals too
    Face he in batle, he also have the ''Bastion of Health'' trait, it means in total +22 HP. It really is insane

EDIT:
    ps: Wish I knew how to do ancilliares like you I have lots of ideas, but can't put in practice
    Last edited by Carcaju; February 25, 2010 at 01:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kahvipannu View Post
    Would it be possible to make certain bonus just available to some factions? So if the orcs get their evil, dirty, looting hands on said dwarven hammer, they'd just get the command bonus, but not the piety bonus?

That's great idea with aditional anc and i have one question:

What if i use assassin to assassinate enemy general ,what then, who is going to get his anc or are they lost forever?

Quote Originally Posted by Carcaju View Post
    Face he in batle, he also have the ''Bastion of Health'' trait, it means in total +22 HP. It really is insane

EDIT:
    ps: Wish I knew how to do ancilliares like you I have lots of ideas, but can't put in practice
    Post your ideas here, or pm me

Quote Originally Posted by toluas View Post
    Would it be possible to make certain bonus just available to some factions? So if the orcs get their evil, dirty, looting hands on said dwarven hammer, they'd just get the command bonus, but not the piety bonus?
    I believe it's not possible. Effects are tied to ancs. I'll have to check if it can be done somehow..Altought I believe it is possible to make it so, that character will get hidden trait, which f.ex. gives negative piety. But still, ancs description shows positive in text..

Quote Originally Posted by pilip_de View Post
    That's great idea with aditional anc and i have one question:

What if i use assassin to assassinate enemy general ,what then, who is going to get his anc or are they lost forever?
    It's gone, and same thing too if you execute him after battle I believe If it is one in a world ancillary, It will be gained again with right triggers, if there isn't another in game.
    Last edited by Kahvipannu; February 26, 2010 at 08:09 AM.

Hey first time poster, long time fan of warhammer. But I installed your submod for 3.1 (looked awesome, and thought to give my high king a bit more flare), and I got ctd when i tried to start a campaign. I have Beregonds translations and all that. What am I missing? help please.