Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: More Ancillaries 3.2 -update 24.2.2010

Kahvipannu's Avatar Bring me Solo & wookie

Default Re: More Ancillaries 1.0

Quote Originally Posted by cedric37 View Post
    Yeah i agree completly, the only problem is that you cannot get +0.2 or +0.5 bonus for example, which could make a big difference between a "minor" anc and a "major" anc. So you reach 10 (max) quite too fast IMO.

I just wonder, is there a way to combine ancs ?
    I explain myself, imagine that an anc allone don't give you any bonus (or very poor ones), but once you get a "set" of them, you get some mighty bonus.

Also could some ancs create a special unit under command of your hero when they acquire it the 1st time ?
    There are so much possibities that could really improve the already great atmosphere.
    Yes, agreed. I try to keep the bigger bonuses in "hidden" bonuses, like morale, etc..
    I believe there will be much balance to do, since I just don't have time to check all existing ancs, and what they bring to character. But they are easy to adjust, first thing is to put them ingame
    We try to add "not so positive" ancs too, for example we have ingame currently "The hat of Ernst Naugott", which can lead to insane-trait:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

The Hat of Ernst Traugott-Once belonging to one of the most ruthless witch hunters of all time(burned thousands of citizens of Altdorf for suspected taint of Chaos), This hat whispers to the wearer of those who have dark thoughts, and lets the wearer percieve the aura of a person, to see if one has been using dark magic.

Unfortuately, everyone has stray thoughts that they don't even know their thinking, and to the wearer of the hat, everyone is a heretic. Only those with the strongest of will are able to keep there sanity.

I believe it's possible that character can have specified anc, for example if he has x and y anc. I haven't checked thought can the old ones be deleted when that happens. I'll look into it at some point. Great idea by the way.

About adding units ingame, that's a complete different story At the point , it goes way beyond my skills

And always nice to get suggestions from you, compadre

cedric37's Avatar Why Not ?!
    Patrician Citizen

Thanks but just suggesting is of little help so i will investigate when i get some time, and see if we can merge ancs and create units on acquiring some specific ancs (the best would be to give like a mercenary unit that could be recruitable for example every 30 turns). Is there some magic items in Warhammer that allow summoning of creatures ? That is the idea.
    Patronized by y2day/Patron of KDK, Swagger & Navajo Joe, of the Imperial House of Hader

Thanks but just suggesting is of little help so i will investigate when i get some time, and see if we can merge ancs and create units on acquiring some specific ancs (the best would be to give like a mercenary unit that could be recruitable for example every 30 turns). Is there some magic items in Warhammer that allow summoning of creatures ? That is the idea.
    That would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by Timorfeys View Post
    cedric37, Statistics not the main thing, main - atmosphere)
    Missed this one, exactly

For Balthasar:

from the Warhammer card game (in that website you can also find many interesting pics for weapons, characters and so on: just click on the links in the page, or try here for more - links at the end of the page)
    another from the card game
    from the book

edit: sorry, problems with the "go to the last unread message" button, I haven't seen that the request was already been answered

"With such valorous troops, I could easily become King of Italy"
    Frederick II the Great, after the Piedmontese victory at the Battle of the Assietta (1747)

Quote Originally Posted by Franz Von G View Post
    For Balthasar:

from the Warhammer card game (in that website you can also find many interesting pics for weapons, characters and so on: just click on the links in the page, or try here for more - links at the end of the page)
    another from the card game
    from the book

edit: sorry, problems with the "go to the last unread message" button, I haven't seen that the request was already been answered
    It's ok. I'm just glad that people are interested to help with things
    And that bolded part, great link, thanks for that

We cannot code the removal of Ancillaries, so we can't say "When X character has N ancillaries of this type, remove those and replace with Y ancillary". Impossible, sorry.

[ Cry Havoc:: ] - [ link ] - [ An Expanded World Submod for Call of Warhammer ]
    My turban brings all the muslims to the yard and they're like العنصرية ش

Quote Originally Posted by Vaz View Post
    We cannot code the removal of Ancillaries, so we can't say "When X character has N ancillaries of this type, remove those and replace with Y ancillary". Impossible, sorry.
    Thanks for clearing that up.

Patrician Citizen

Not sure above Vaz assertion:

Here is what i found in my documentation on script commands:
    e_select_character, console_command remove_ancillary this
    With this command you can remove ancillary from a character
    Worth a try ?
    Patronized by y2day/Patron of KDK, Swagger & Navajo Joe, of the Imperial House of Hader

Worth a try ?
    Yes
    But currently I will focus doing as many "normal"-ancs as possible, I have long list to complete. After first release, I'll start to focus on more "special"-ways to include ancs

Patrician Citizen

Yes of course, this is not the priority, but it would really put COWH above all other mods to see such "fantasy oriented" ancs IMHO.

Senator

Yes of course, this is not the priority, but it would really put COWH above all other mods to see such "fantasy oriented" ancs IMHO.
    i agree, i was a fan of third age submod thats was focused on improving the lore background by ancillaries and traits. which is why i was so eager to work on this one

also kahvipannu: im almost done with a batch of potential unique/characters ancs, ill send them over soon.

Sounds great, eagerly waiting what you have figured out
    First thing I have to do is check changes in 1.03, and alter my existing files, and then back in business. But now I'm going to test WP's in battleground

Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Kahvipannu View Post
    Sounds great, eagerly waiting what you have figured out
    First thing I have to do is check changes in 1.03, and alter my existing files, and then back in business. But now I'm going to test WP's in battleground
    np i'll be doing likewise, except with ogres

Worth a try ?
    Hm... only coming from what I'd been told by retep. Then again, I'm not sure about his own affirmation about some code, so hey ho.

[ Cry Havoc:: ] - [ link ] - [ An Expanded World Submod for Call of Warhammer ]
    My turban brings all the muslims to the yard and they're like العنصرية ش

Patrician Citizen

No problems, mate!
    Maybe my documentation is not up to date; that's why it is worth a try at least

Version 2.0 released If moderator see this message, please rename thread "More Ancillaries 2.0 update 8.2.2010", thank you
    Updated OP:

Here's current Ancillaries pictures:

Current Ancillaries:

*Sword of Solarius- Long ago, Solarius was a noble knight of the Blazing Sun. After he led the defense of an elven trade caravan enroute to Cathay, he was gifted
    this magical sword. It is said that underneath the rays of the sun that this blade cuts through armor as if it was paper, and that no warrior could withstand Solarius's wrath.
    The mighty warrior was killed by a goblin during a night raid.

*Badge of Valor- When a soldier shows unsurpassed bravery on the field of battle, there is a chance that he will be selected to recieve this honor. During the ceremony
    the elector count(or Emperor if that soldier is from Reikland) will reward this honor, and thus those who wear it are held in high esteem. Many Greatswords have earned this honor and
    there is talk of adding this badge as a requirement in becoming a greatsword.
    *Holy Vestige of Daranis- Daranis was a brave and pious war priest of Sigmar, who through a number of events became leader of one the wall garrisons during the siege of Praag by Arek Daemonclaw. Alongside the frightened
    men who looked to him for courage, Daranis held off scores of marauders, beasts, and even daemons. Only after the first day the forces of Arek Daemonclaw relented for a brief period did he start to lose faith, saying the end was inevitable. At that time he succumbed to wounds that appeared out of nowhere. He is remembered as one of the heroes of Praag, alongside
    Gotrek and Felix. While wearing these ancient rags of war, if one has true faith in Sigmar, the rags will be as tough as a full suit of plate armor. Only when one loses faith does the relic becomes what it actually is: a bunch of rags.
    *Juggernaut-(I think action fighter's description is pretty good so ill put it here)
    Description: Juggernauts are incredibly powerful steeds that are half daemon and half enchanted metal. They hold a great rage that is equal to their masters at least. The charge of a Juggernaut causes the ground itself to tremble.
    *Map of the Old World-Any general on the campaign would be wise to have a good informative map of the Old World. In these dark times, a warrior never knows when the next battle will be, not knowing the lay of the land could be fatal indeed.
    Master Engineer-A Master Engineer is expert in many fields. He is first and foremost a doughty warrior whose skill alone merits a place of honor
    in the dwarf throng. In addition, he is a consumate craftsman who can perform any task relating to metal or stone from forging cannon barrels to
    designing steam engines to drafting the plans for fortifications and mines.

*Knight of the Blazing Sun- Knights of the Blazing Sun are an order of templars devoted to the cult of Myrmidia:Goddess of warfare and protector of civilization. They are well versed in the use of arms and armor, but their true expertise is as tacticians and strategists, and they often serve as military advisers and commanders on the battlefield. Throughout the Empire, countless villages, farms and isolated outposts owe their survival to the timely arrival (and subsequent assumption of command) by a Knight of the Blazing Sun

*Shadow Walker of Nagarythe- Shadow Walkers are veteran Shadow Warriors whose have survive countless raids against the Druchii. There skill with the bow is only surpassed by their wood elf cousins of Athel Loren. They are master scouts, and trackers, and can spot ambushes from miles away. They will aid all who fight the Druchii.

*Masterwork Bandolier-Heavily sought after by gun enthusiasts and nobles from Hochland, a masterwork bandolier is light, durable, and can carry a significantly larger amount of ammo than standard ones. Usually the bests ones are made by dwarfs.
    *Warrior Priest of Sigmar-Warrior priests are among the true vanguard of the Empire's armies. Their presence at the forefront of all battle serves as a constant inspiration to the soldiers who march in defense of the Empire. They are not true warriors in the classical sense, but the Warrior Priest stands squarely against the enemy in the front line of battle, for courage is both demanded and rewarded by his patron god, Sigmar.

*The Hat of Ernst Traugott-Once belonging to one of the most ruthless witch hunters of all time(burned thousands of citizens of Altdorf for suspected taint of Chaos), This hat whispers to the wearer of those who have dark thoughts, and lets the wearer percieve the aura of a person, to see if one has been using dark magic. Unfortuately, everyone has stray thoughts that they don't even know their thinking, and to the wearer of the hat, everyone is a heretic. Only those with the strongest of will are able to keep there sanity.

*Witch Hunters-Witch Hunters are grim individuals from The Empire who have dedicated themselves to eradicating the forces of Chaos, either in the service of the state or the Church of Sigmar. Their dedication is such that they will travel far indeed if they think they can strike a meaningful blow against the forces of evil. Witch Hunters tend to be a surly and suspicious lot with no qualms about killing innocents, so long as they also manage to slay the guilty, which means their appearance is often regarded with dread by the common folk. The official name for the body which controls and coordinates the activities of sanctioned Witch Hunters is the Holy Order of the Templars of Sigmar, also known as the Order of Sigmar.

*Ezekiel's Cloak of Brilliance-Ezekiel Mauro was a quiet and stoic Knight of the Blazing Sun. It is said that the soldiers that followed him would fight for him even if victory was impossible. His men always fought as if they had just heard a heroic, rallying speech but it is fact that the Ezekiel rarely spoke, and never did on the eve of battle. It is said he wore cloak that dazzled and shone with fiery brilliance.
    +4 to morale(wanted to make this one a little cryptic, but i think it's still obvious what the magical properties of the cloak is.)

Prototype gun

Cloak of Twilight-Imbued with the darkness of a moonless night this cloak allows the wearer to move rapidly and unseen.

*Witchbrew-Witchbrew is distilled from blood by the Hag Queens. It drives the drinker into such an ecstasy of destruction that they will fight on against impossible odds.

*Mountain Armour of Karak Ungor
    Before the fall of Karak Ungor, this armor was worn by the King of Karak Ungor during battle. It is unique amongst dwarf craftmanship and has not been replicated since. The armor itself is made out of solid stone, the powerful runes it has makes it light but also near impenetrable.

*Faction Empire
    *Hp potion-can use same description, just differen picture with empire flavor.

The steeds of the Asur are touched by beneficial magics, and fed on the long grasses of the steppes of Ellyrion, a land of gentle summers and mild winters, where herds of Elven Steeds thunder across the sweeping plains. Elven steeds are the swiftest and most noble of four-legged beasts. Fast as the wind and loyal unto death, they are the perfect mount for Elf nobility.

*Luther Huss-Luthor Huss was born in a small peaceful Imperial village, however he was soon orphaned by a Chaos raid. While the raiders were driven away from the village, both of his parents had been killed and the rest of the villagers decided to give young boy to the Church of Sigmar. Luthor is well known for rebelling against the Church of Sigmar, believing they are corrupt and no long interested in fighting Chaos, and for being a supporter of Valten.

*Armour of Living Death-It is claimed that anyone wearing this armour cannot die, sustained by it's magical energy. Unfortunately, they cannot remove the armour and are driven insane by it's magic.

*Great book of grudges- The High Kings have kept the Great Book of Grudges for generations, the oldest and most important of the many throughout the Dwarf lands. Sometimes known as Dammaz Kron, the book recounts all wrongs and treachery perpetrated against Dwarves since the dawn of time. It is always written in the blood of the High Kings, and only the High King can write in it. Occasionally, the Dwarfs have the opportunity to set a wrong right, in which case the High King has the satisfaction of striking out the record in the book. This hardly ever happens though, as Dwarfs much prefer to hold a grudge forever. Even crossed out grudges can still be read and are never forgotten, but fondly recalled together with the story of how vengeance was finally exacted. It is also interesting to note, that the Dwarf language has no word for forgiveness, but many subtle variations on revenge, recompense and retribution.
    *Coldone
    * Cold Ones are an ancient race of green-skinned reptiles that are the favored mounts of Druchii nobles. Their cold flesh is almost immune to pain and their bodies exude a toxic slime.

*Honakinn Hammer-Powerful runehammer that used to belong to one the rich dwarf merchant clans of Barak Varr, This weapon was lost in the darkness of the once great hold of Karak Varn.

*Rune Hammer of Kadrin Redmane- Kadrin Redmane, Dwarf Runelord of Karak Varn, was killed beside the shore of Black Water after being ambushed, leading a mule train to the High King. His last act was to throw his powerful runehammer far out into the Black Water to stop it from being used by the enemy.

*Rune Axe of Karak Varn: The runeaxe of Karak Varn was found in the ruins of Karak Varn in the dead hands of the last ruler of Karak Varn, King Ulfgan. His closest living relative Uthor Algrimson retrieved the axe and returned a few months later with a small force of 300 dwarfs to wipe the orcs, goblins, and skaven that infested the hold. His attempt was unsuccessful as his men became cut off and killed until only a handful remained. Realizing he was doomed, Uthor led his men to break the dam of Karak Varn and let the river kill all who remained in the hold, including the dwarfs themselves. They were successful and somehow Uthor and two others survived. Unfortunately the niece had hidden amongst the warriors and joined them on their quest, and she was on the dwarfs who died once the river was unleashed onto the hold. Mad with grief, the High King banished Uthor and his two surviving comrades. With the shame of failing to reclaim *Karak Varn and allowing a member of the royal family to be killed in the process, Uthor and his men took the slayer oath. Uthor became a well known slayer in his time, slaying several monsters with the powerful rune axe of Karak Varn.

*Hammer of Judgment- This mighty hammer is said to have been carried into battle by Frederick the Bold, great-grandfather of current Emperor Karl Franz. It's mighty strikes not ony crush flesh and bone, but evil spirits are cast to ruin as well.

*Armor of Tarnus- This armor was worn by the warrior wizard Frederick Von Tarnus. Such was the power invested in the armor’s forging that von Tarnus' own magic was unaffected by it's protection.

Couple ingame-screenies:

Currently planned/wip for 3.0:

Empire Longsword-Forged by dwarf citizens of Altdorf, high quality swords like this one are what many a noble would pay a ransom to have in their armory.
    Honor of Sigmar-This badge is given to nobles who have participated and completed a righteous mission given from the Grand Theogonist himself. These are rarely awarded, such is
    the danger of the missions given. The warriors who were rewarded with this honour are the ones who survived the horrors of Praag, The Battle at Hel Fenn, and the Battle of Black Fire Pass.
    Factions Empire
    Officer's Longsword- These swords are only given to those who were captains of a swordsmen regiment. It is finely balanced,
    and lighter than one would suspect.

Factions Chaos
    Dagger of Eternal Rage- Assassins who do the bidding of the Dark Gods particulary favor this type of dagger. Once the dagger draws the target's blood, the unending rage of Khorne enters the person's mind, and they go completely berserk, killing all who come near him until the ones he once called friends will be forced to kill him. The followers of chaos love nothing more than to see their enemies tear themselves apart.
    Faction Dark Elves
    Serpent Banner of Rindhor- Rindhor was of the first, and most ruthless of Druchii corsairs. His insignia, the golden serpent, caused so much fear in the port citys and towns that when someone caught sight of his banner, there were no defenders. Every man woman and child were holed up in there homes, with their most valuable belongings in front of the door. What the silly humans never understood was that Rindhor, and none of the famous corsairs after him came for their riches. They came for the people themselves, to take back to Naggaroth to sell, which would pay more than the paltry belongings of the new slaves could ever amount to.

Faction High Elves
    Swordmaster's Book of Meditation-To perform the incredible feats of sword mastery the Swordmasters perform, they spend a large amount of time meditating, forging mind, body, and soul into one powerful weapon. This book contains the meditation techniques that the Swordmasters use regulary.

Faction High Elves
    Spellweaved Cloak-These cloaks are weaved and worn by mages from the tower of Hoeth. These magic cloaks protects the wearer from missiles and more powerful cloaks can even protect against enemy spells. These cloaks are sometimes given as rewards to deserving generals of Ulthuan.
    Faction Empire
    Assasin's Pistol-Hochland is also famous for its gunsmiths. While the foundries of Nuln churn out handguns and pistols of functional but unremarkable quality, the master-gunmakers of Hochland create unique and very expensive weaponry for the nobility. This pistol is unique in that it has been made make barely a sound when fired, and the bullets dissolve into a quick acting poison to kill the victim.

Faction Dark Elves
    Venom Sword- The Venom Sword is quenched in the poison of a thousand malicious serpents. When it strikes mystical poisons flow into the veins of the victim.

Faction Dark Elves
    Sword of Ruin-This magical sword can cleave through armour as if it was air.

Faction Dark Elves
    Sorceress-Chief among the magic users of the Druchii are the 'sisters' of the Dark Convent of Sorceresses, who are gathered at the fortress of Ghrond. Competition for positions in the Dark Convent are bloody and fierce, and only the most powerful and ruthless Sorceresses survive the initiations. Those that succeed learn some of the most powerful magic in the world.

Faction Dark Elves
    Dread Banner-Such is the supernatural fear instilled by the visage of the Bloody Handed God upon this standard that few dare to even look at it.

Faction Dark Elves
    Heartseeker-The Heartseeker has the uncanny ability to find the heart of a living thing. Dark Elves delight in it's ability to destroy the lifeforce of a living thing.

Faction Dwarves
    Dwarf Ale-Dwarf Ale is the finest in the world, and many tavern owners pay hefty fees to get that ale to their customers. The highest honor ale brewed by humans was a "not bad".

Faction Dwarves
    Bugman's XXXXXX
    There are many famous Dwarf Ales, and many renowned brewers, but the name of Josef Bugman stands as a paragon of quality. Bugman's XXXXXX is said to be his finest product. It is said that any Dwarf drinking this ale will be reminded of the glories of the past, refreshed and restored.

Faction Orcs
    Orc Head- Bosses sometimes keep the head of the former boss around to show the boyz you used to be the "Biggest and da Baddest" and who is now.

Faction High Elves
    The steeds of the Asur are touched by beneficial magics, and fed on the long grasses of the steppes of Ellyrion, a land of gentle summers and mild winters, where herds of Elven Steeds thunder across the sweeping plains. Elven steeds are the swiftest and most noble of four-legged beasts. Fast as the wind and loyal unto death, they are the perfect mount for Elf nobility.

Faction Dwarves
    Runesmith-The ancient guild of runesmiths is one of the oldest and most respected institutions in all the Dwarf realms. All runesmiths are related in some, often very remote, fashion. Each carries on his family's traditions of arcane study, learning the ancient craftmanship of working metal and magic into mighty runes of power. Although some other races make magic items of great potency, Runesmiths are masters of the art.

Faction Averland
    Franz Vogel-Once just a captain of a Greatswords regiment, Franz Vogel world changed when led an effort to regroup the army of Averland after a crushing defeat against an army of Chaos. Alongside a ragtag band of heroes he led the enemy into a small pass that would not allow their numbers to overwhelm their small group. His men held the pass up long enough for the Elector Count of Wissenland to muster his forces and destroy the forces of Chaos with a massive barrage of cannon blasts and gun shots. Vogel was lauded a hero, and now is the personal champion of the Elector Count Marius Leitdorf.

Faction Empire
    Valten-Valten is a young blacksmith born in Reikland in a village called Lachenbad. He was born with a strange mark on his chest, in the shape of twin tailed comet, one of the symbols of Sigmar. He was also blessed with strength and intelligence, although nothing that would set him apart from another man. His village was attacked by beastmen. On his 18th birthday however, hordes of Beastmen poured from the forests. They were led by a Beastlord known as Rargarth and his horde was ten times bigger than anything that had come in living memory. They plundered and burnt the village, those who could defend themselves tried but ultimatly failed. They gave no quarter and killed any they found. Valten on the other hand, refused to die. He smashed his way to his fathers forge, using his bare fists to kill Beastmen in his way. He picked up two heavy hammers and set about the horde like a possessed man. All who came near him were killed, and the villagers seeing this followed the boy towards the hordes. Valten then found Rargarth. A great battle ensued, where Valten was sliced across the chest by Rargarth's scimitar. Rargarth howled in joy and prepared for the killing blow. Valten raised his hammer in defiance just in time and the titanic clash forced Valten to one knee. Valten slowly began to rise, his every limb shaking with the effort until he was on his feet. He kicked out and sent the Beastlord stumbling backwards and hurled his hammer at the beasts head, shattering its skull. With their leader dead, the Beastmen retreated in panic and the villagers chanted Valten's name. Though the village had been half razed, it had been saved from total destruction by a boy. Word of his victory spread quickly and a number of interested parties came to visit him, to learn of the boy who had become a hero.

Faction Empire
    Balthasar Gelt is the Supreme Patriarch of the Colleges of Magic. After defeating Thyrus Gormann of the Bright Order in an epic duel, Balthasar of the Gold Order became the supreme patriarch, replacing the prominance of fire with that of metal. Since that day, the new supreme patriarch, riding a pegasus surrounded by a golden halo, has appeared on many battlefields, where the Emperor's soldiers are fighting. Now the Winds of Magic blow strongly for the Gold College as their fortunes are once again on the rise.

Faction Empire
    Bright Wizard-The Bright Wizard is a master of destruction by magic and a specialist in fire. Fire is at the heart of his every ability, and indeed at the heart of the Wizard himself. Using the power of the wind of fire, he can lay waste to swaths of enemies, or incinerate select foes with white hot energy. His magic feeds upon itself, upon the enemy, and upon the Wizard. Embracing the fires within his mind, the Bright Wizard himself is engulfed in flame. He directs this inferno against his foes, filling them with searing power until they burst, incinerated by arcane flames so hot they threaten to ignite the air itself. Hailing from the Bright College of Magic, they tap into the red wind of magic called Aqshy to wield their fiery powers.

Faction-Empire
    Paymaster- The paymaster is the keeper of the army’s pay chest, and that makes him a very popular fellow. They also usually expert leaders of men, roguish and often loved by their soldiers. As being manager's of the mercenary money, they know what loot is valuable and what isn’t.

Emmanuelle Von Liebitz-Daughter of the elector count of Wissenland, and in her father's stead Emmanuelle rules the city-state Nuln, where many consider her the rule separate from the the rest of the province of Wissenland. If Emmanuelle had her way Nuln would become a city-state separate from Wissenland and have it's own electoral vote. This would make her a Countess and very powerful. Many young nobles have attempted to court the beautiful noblewoman, only to be made the new gossip of the city, and quickly old news. The "Countess of Nuln" has many toys that she plays with, only to forget about them once she is bored. But if a noble man could keep her interest longer than a one night stand, that nobleman could become very powerful indeed…
    More detailed/better triggers/effects for all ancillaries.

Credits:
    Kahvipannu - 2d-art & putting ancs in game
    Saladin - WH lore brains, names, descriptions..
    CoWH-team for making awesome mod, for all us TW-fans to enjoy.

Last edited by Kahvipannu; February 08, 2010 at 02:40 PM.

Patrician Citizen

Nice job mate!

Nice job mate!
    Thanks man
    Haven't had much time for these, but slow work is better than no work at all
    I'm not sure if I get the files ready for send tonight, we were talking about earlier Today or tomorrow

Patrician Citizen

No problem, no hurry! I am currently loading all eventpics to EFI launcher

Senator

the anc pics look great! bout to start a new campaign to check them out.