Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Historical characters: generals, admirals, ....

Geronimo2006's Avatar TAR Local Moderator

Default Re: Historical characters: generals, admirals, ....

Name: Louis Henri Duc de Bourbon, Prince de Condé
    Genre: m
    Agent: Minister
    Faction: France
    Date_Birth: 1700
    Date_Dead: 1740
    Notes: Prime Minister of France (1723-6). Grandson of Louis XIV and Madame de Montespan through his legitimised daughter Louise-Françoise de Bourbon. He argued with both the Regent and his most influential minister, Cardinal Dubois, in favour of severe measures against the Protestants. They rejected his ideas. When Bourbon came to be Prime Minister, however, the bishop found in him a more receptive audience, and he was given the go-ahead to draw up a general law against heresy.
    --------------
    Name: André-Hercule de Fleury, Bishop of Fréjus
    Agent: Catholic Priest/Minister
    Date_Dead: 1743
    Notes: French cardinal who served as the chief minister of Louis XV (1726-43). In 1726 he fixed the standard of the currency and secured French credit by initiating regular payment of interest on the national debt, with the result that in 1738/39 there was a surplus of 15,000,000 livres instead of the usual deficit. Fleury's stringencies were enforced through the contrôleur général des finances Philibert Orry (who remained in office until 1745). By exacting forced labor from the peasants (see corvée) he improved France's roads, though at the cost of rousing angry discontent. During the seventeen years of his orderly government, the country found time to recuperate its forces after the exhaustion caused by the ambitions of Louis XIV and extravagances of the regent, and national prosperity increased. Social peace was seriously disturbed by the severities which Fleury exercised against the Jansenists. He was one of the minority of French bishops who published Clement XI's bull Unigenitus and imprisoned priests who refused to accept it, and he met the Jansenist opposition of the Parlement of Paris by exiling forty of its members to a "gilded cage" not far from Paris.
    ---------------------
    Name: Étienne François, duc de Choiseul
    Genre:
    m
    Agent: Minister/General
    Date_Birth: 1758
    Date_Dead: 1785
    Notes: He entered the army, and during the War of the Austrian Succession served in Bohemia in 1741 and in Italy, where he distinguished himself at the battle of Coni, in 1744. From 1745 until 1748, he was with the army in the Low Countries, being present at the sieges of Mons, Charleroi and Maastricht. Between 1758 and 1761, and 1766 and 1770, he was Foreign Minister of France and had a strong influence on France's global strategy throughout the period. He is closely associated with France's defeat in the Seven Years War and subsequent efforts to rebuild French prestige.
    -------------------------
    Name:Louis François Armand du Plessis, duc de Richelieu
    Genre:
    m
    Agent: General
    Date_Birth: 1733
    Date_Dead: 1788
    Notes: In 1733-1734, he served in a Rhine campaign during the War of the Polish Succession. The following decade during the War of the Austrian Succession he fought with distinction at Dettingen and Fontenoy, where he directed the grapeshot upon the British columns, and three years afterwards he made a brilliant defence of Genoa.
    -----------------------------
    Name: Louis Nicolas Victor de Félix d'Ollières
    Date_Birth: 1774
    Date_Dead: 1772
    Notes: Louis Nicolas Victor de Félix d'Ollières (23 September 1711, Aix-en-Provence - 10 October 1775, Versailles[1]), comte du Muy, comte de Grignan, was a French soldier and statesman from a family originating in Provence. He was made a member of the Ordre du Saint-Esprit in 1764. Like Maurepas he was made secretary of state for war on 5 June 1774. He was made marshal of France in 1775.
    --------------------------
    Colonialism 1600AD - 2016 Modding Awards for "Compilations and Overhauls".

Core i7 2600 @ 3.4ghz - NVIDIA GTX950 2GB

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

Vasa121 & Geronimo2006
    Thanks! I have updated the list with all our characters.
    All my downloads need for uncompressing them:

7-Zip 9.10 beta Windows 32-bit

Darkhorse's Avatar Praepositus

Name: James Inglish Hamilton
    Genre: M
    Agent: General (Lt Colonel)
    Faction: Britain
    Date_Birth: 04/07/1777
    Date_Dead: 10/06/1815
    Notes: Hamilton was in command of 6 of the 10 troops of the Royal Scots Greys sent to the continent as part of the allied army. The total regiment was just under 1000 strong. Hamilton led the Scots Greys charge at the Battle of Waterloo, where he lost his left arm, he put the reins in his mouth and continued to lead the charge. He then lost his right arm, which was severed by a Lancer, and then was shot and killed.

Geronimo2006's Avatar TAR Local Moderator

Edit because forgot to include starting date:

Name: Pierre François de Rigaud, Marquis de Vaudreuil-Cavagnal
    Genre:
    m
    Date_Birth: 1733
    Date_Dead: 1778
    Notes: Vaudreuil-Cavagnal rose quickly through the New France military and civil service, in part owing to his father's patronage but also due to his own innate ability. Commissioned an officer of the French army while still a youth, in 1733 he was appointed governor of Trois-Rivières, and in 1742 of French Louisiana, serving there from to May 10, 1743 to February 9, 1753 and proving himself a skilled officer and capable administrator. He moved to France in 1753 before being appointed by King Louis XV as governor of New France in 1755, just as the Seven Years' War began. He was governor of French Louisiana (1743-1753) and in 1755 became the last governor of New France (or Canada), during the period when the British conquered it in the Seven Years' War (known in the United States as the French and Indian War).
    Colonialism 1600AD - 2016 Modding Awards for "Compilations and Overhauls".

Core i7 2600 @ 3.4ghz - NVIDIA GTX950 2GB

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

Darkhorse & Geronimo2006
    Updated. Working on it for adding them to the mod.

I have finished the next release.

Texts have been given to Swiss Halberdier for including them in the UPC (German & English), PEM (Spanish version).

I will create a new post including the original version España historical characters, I can not edit the post (started by Rhevant) and Rhevant will not continue supporting it. I prefer this than using his account for updating the post.

All characters up to February 02, 2010 have been included.

More suggestions for the next release are welcome.

UPC updated. Required.

The mod have been released:
    Historical Characters 3.0

New characters by Dazo

Name: Kanthirava Narasaraja II
    Agent: Ruler
    Faction: Mysore
    Date_Birth: 1704
    Date_Dead: 1714
    Notes: (Wodeyar dynasty) mute and deaf (regency from army chiefs)

Name: Khantirava
    Agent: General/minister
    Date_Dead: 1705-1714
    Notes: army chief of Kanthirava Narasaraja II, died in battle

Name: (Mantri) Tirumala Iyangar
    Date_Dead: 1706
    Notes: brahman, pilgrim, head of ministers' council, ministers dynasty (grand-father Appajayya died in 1706 at 104 while still being a counsellor), allowed smooth throne succession for Kanthirava Narasaraja II

Name: Dodda Krishnaraja I
    Date_Birth: 1714
    Date_Dead: 1732
    Notes: (Wodeyar dynasty) lack of interest in affairs of state

Name: Chamaraja Wodeyar VI
    Date_Birth: 1732
    Date_Dead: 1734
    Notes: (Wodeyar dynasty) last direct descendant, followed by adopted heirs, deposed by Devaraja and Nanjaraja (see below)

Name: Devaraja
    Date_Birth: after 1714
    Date_Dead: after 1746
    Notes: army chief of Dodda Krishnaraja I, effective ruler with his cousin Nanjaraja (see below)

Name: Nanjaraja
    Date_Dead: after 1761
    Notes: revenue minister and council of ministers'head of Dodda Krishnaraja I, effective ruler with his cousin brother Devaraja (see above), the one to notice and promote Hyder Ali

Name: Karachuri Nanjaraja
    Agent: General
    Date_Dead: after 1761
    Notes: younger brother of Devaraja

Name: Krishnaraja Wodeyar II
    Date_Birth: 1734
    Date_Dead: 1766
    Notes: (Wodeyar dynasty)

Name: Hyder Ali
    Agent: Ruler/general
    Date_Birth: 1761 or 1763
    Date_Dead: 1782
    Notes: already ingame but dates seems wrong (appears as ruler at birth around 1720)

Name: Shamaiya Iyengar
    Date_Birth: 1763
    Date_Dead: 1799
    Notes: justice minister/chancellor of Hyder Ali and then Tipu Sultan, framed for treason by Mir Sadik (see below)

Name: Mir Sadik
    Date_Birth: after 1770
    Date_Dead: 1792-1799
    Notes: revenue minister for Tipu Sultan, master spy, plotter, traitor: betrays Tipu to side with Cornwallis (British EIC) resulting in the death of Tipu at Seringapatam (battle), killed by Tipu's soldiers soon after

England:

Name: Christian Friederich Schwartz
    Agent: Missionary
    Faction: England
    Date_Birth: 1749
    Date_Dead: 1798
    Notes: German from birth, supposed to be the most successful protestant missionnary in India, respected by muslims and hindus, sometimes used as diplomat by EIC, could be pretty immune to assassination attempts

Mysore:

Name: Tipu Sultan
    Date_Birth: 1782
    Notes: If his father's dates ingame are wrong, his are probably the same...

Name: Purnaiya
    Date_Birth: after 1770
    Notes: revenue minister, served under three rulers (Hyder Ali, Tipu Sultan, third is offgame), begins carreer as a shop accountant / proficient in accounting, handwriting and languages, efficient diplomat, great memory, only hindu in a muslim government, loyal, attended every military campaign of Tipu
    I will edit the list later.
    Last edited by Isabelxxx; March 19, 2010 at 05:23 PM.

The_Lord_Snow's Avatar Civis

Always fun reviving a decade-old thread.

Does anyone know how to add new historical characters to the game? I've added new entries to the db table and the loc file, but the new characters never appear in campaign. Does anyone have suggestions? Thanks, y'all!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12