Page 8 of 199 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617183358108 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask Your Questions Here!

Default Re: Ask Your Questions Here!

Use the edit button, mind the double posts!

Apoc: I can't do anything about those, but now we know that sound drivers might help :wink:

Croaton's Avatar Libertus

hard = bullroaring

Angmar_nite's Avatar Domesticus
    Spearheading the 57000 dollar average salary invasion!!!!!!! CHINA WILL DOMINATE YOU ALL!!!!

I take a huge fps hit and I got no loyalty. I repaired my 1.5 RTW in my i think already clean total war game. I also repaired the BI part and am using a 1.6 exe. I installed straight into C:\program files\the creative assembly\rome - total war There is also a chivalry and NTW2 folder but those shouldn't matter.

Also it would be cool if black numenoreans got their own bodygaurd. And I got almost no traits . Well, very few.

Also aproximately how quickly can we expect the next mini and what will it cover? You should add a to be continued message after the victory. And will the Gondorian and Anorian regions have different units?
    Last edited by Angmar_nite; November 04, 2006 at 03:40 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapax
    I guess in modern russia, tank builds you.

Heh.

We will probably port over to M2 next, or release a patch for this maybe (with intro- and victory videos etc) and then port to M2. I think it was a mistake to plan several MC's, although it was good to end up with one, just in time for M2 :wink:

MasterOfNone's Avatar RTW Modder 2004-2015

Not a mistake, Arakorn, a cunning ploy on my part I'm afraid

Angmar - are you playing the same game? BN bodyguards? We don;t even have BNs.
    "One of the most sophisticated Total War mods ever developed..."
    The Fourth Age: Total War - The Dominion of Men

Angmar_nite's Avatar Domesticus
    Spearheading the 57000 dollar average salary invasion!!!!!!! CHINA WILL DOMINATE YOU ALL!!!!

I meant the trait and it would be a good idea. So any idea about the fps?

PLease release the other factions and a map first!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapax
    I guess in modern russia, tank builds you.

Yeah, Fuinur the Black is the only Black Númenórean - he will pass the trait on to his legitimate sons, or he will be the last of that line in Middle-earth.

Question about some of those fabulous ancillary items and heirlooms- if someone dies without transferring them do they disappear forever? For instance, I managed (as Gondor) to pass everything off from my faction leader to the heir except the Palantir- I tried but it just wouldn't go. So then the leader died. Does the Palantir disappear? What do I do about it?

Also, I was wondering about scripts- is there one? In other mods I'm used to starting the script myself by clicking on the advisor, but FATW doesn't have an advisor, so does that mean that there's no scripting at all?

Last, is it true that Corsair Invasion is the only campaign for RTW and that the full build will be for M2? Please say it aint so.

It should get discovered. The way it works in RTW is that there is some things that must become true for someone to obtain them. For example you gotta be in a city, have won a battle etc. So they shouldn't disappear forever.

I don't think we have any scripts, except the village script maybe? Not really my area...

Well, this is probably the last campaign for RTW. M2 offers many more possibilities, and RTW is quite outdated right now. Plus it's more modding friendly, so with good luck (and with help from CA :wink: ) we won't have any installation problems any more

I'm glad you like the ancillaries, oudysseos. All the heirlooms that the king start with will automatically pass to the new king, unless you have moved them to another character, or the new king has 8 ancillaries (which is the maximum in BI). It's always good to make sure that the new king has at least 5 open ancillary spots so he can get the important heirlooms such as Andúril and the Silver Crown. So the Palantir will automatically appear with your next king, provided he does not already have 8 ancillaries.

There is, btw, a second palantír, but this can only be used by a character with the 'Great Strength of Will' trait. This was the palantír Denethor clasped to his breast as he burned alive, and unless he had 'great strength of will' to turn it to other means, someone who looked into it would only see two burning hands. So if you see that a character has that trait, move him to Minas Tirith, and he should get a palantír

It is not yet decided what will happen next - we will at the very least patch and improve upon CI - and it would be a shame to lose all the work we have done on the full campaign (which is considerable), so I'll only say: stay tuned and see what happens!

And Corsair Invasion is 100% script-free

I'd hope to see at least the inclusion in the campaign of the factions available in custom battles. Rohan!!! Please please please?

In the full campaign (The New Shadow is it's name)

Hello

I have a question about the City Development. I made a biig mistake and after I was able to build the city development 'building', I immediately built the King's court (in a lot of city thats the only possibility to build something). But now I found out, that when the city is growing, there should be better buildings available to build instead of the Kings Court. Is this true? :hmmm: Now I cannot destroy the Court, so unable to check that is there any new building or not. And this is my question... is there any way to build anything new instead of the Court, when the city is growing and reaches higher levels?

City Development become available when the city reaches "large city" status and so there are no more levels in which to build (huge cities being reserved to cities of renown - or Minas Tirith and Umbar in the case of CI 1.0).

If you open the building browser and look in the City Development building (right-click the icon) it will inform you of the Diversification Buildings possible in the game and detail the conditions of their availability.

City Development may only be taken in one direction and is not reversible.

I looooooved playing the lotr and silmarillion maps for Warcraft III before I started to get into playing the Total War series. Have you thought of trying to do a Silmarillion mod? I've really wished for the ability to play in that environment for a long, long time.

If I want to build a Guild of Weaponsmith, then I have to build the Foundry first, so until I dont build it, its better to avoid the building of the Kings Court . So I see... I completely made this wrong. I have Courts everywhere now .
    One more question related to this: (5) Ranger Hold (buildable in Evendim & Northern Arthedaim only). Where are these regions? Cannot find them.

And also a unit what I cannot find yet:

Blackroot Vale Bowmen (3) - Lamedon

But which one? North or South? Or both...

edit: spelling
    Last edited by Croaton; November 09, 2006 at 06:15 PM.

Evendim and Northern Arthedain are in the northwest of Middle-earth and thus outside of the current map area. And I believe the BVB are recruitable in both Lamedon regions (someone correct me if I am wrong).

Icon10 Re: Ask Your Questions Here!

Hi there!

I didnt want to open a new thread with this, but I'd like to 'share' my problem with you , Its about the diplomacy in Forth Eorlingas.

I've started a campaign as Rohan (Rohan FTW! ), on difficulty levels bullroaring / bullroaring. After I examined the map and read the faction informations, realised very soon, that I have to do a full scale attack against Dunland asap. So I moved out all my military forces from cities and went towards them.
    Unfortunately the cities what I took with exterminate, quickly rebelled and turned back into Dunland, and all had full sized armies inside , so my 'conquering Dunland in 10 turns' plan soon vanished .

The main point is.... that while I concentrated on them, The Reunited Kingdom made ceasefires with Harad and Dunland. I thought its okay... but when the Reunited Kingdom suddenly attacked me, that was ridiculous!!! After this movement, they immediately formed alliance with Harad and Dunland lol. In this moment, Haradrian armies are marching in front of Minas Tirith and moving towards me! The Reunited Kingdom continuously attacking my southern city (forgot its name, sorry), and the northern one is under siege also. My excellent Rohan Spear cavalry always killing them , but oops this is not good, that I have to spend my money to defend my cities from a historical ally! At this time I'd like to attack Rhun, and improve my cities. But now I have no money, surrounded by 3 enemies and the fourth one is coming very fast.

Why RK attacked me and formed alliance with the enemy?
    When the game starts, we have full alliance with military access. So RK shouldnt be able to kill this and then attack Rohan hand by hand with the Orc feeders... of course I'll not give up. Dunland is almost dead by now, I'll kill them and after this, the Rohan Cavalry will march into Minas Tirith and I'll take that city ffs.

Is there any chance to solve this alliance stuff somehow?

And guys, learn from my mistake... do not think you are safe and _always_ keep your eyes on The Reunited Kingdom. They are traitors

Edit: I'm trying the ceasefire with RK in every turn. They always refuse it. With Dunland I dont want a ceasefire, Rhun didnt reach me yet, nor Harad. I cannot ally them, only trading is possible.
    Last edited by Croaton; February 03, 2007 at 06:31 PM. Reason: additional info
    "Every man dies. Not every man truly lives."

That's the AI for you - we're open for suggestions but I've spoken with some of the best minds on the matter and have come to no answer...

Remember that Rohan and RK have grown apart - but we would certianly like to prolong the alliance longer. Generally what happens is that RK tries to make alliance with Dunland and Dunand generally goes along with it - then you attack Dunland and it worsens relations with RK.

We wish you luck in your campaign!