Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: >>>>> dHRR 0.8a beta <<<<<<

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Default Re: >>>>> dHRR 0.8a beta <<<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by konny View Post

Known limitations:
    This is not the final version 0.8 (that’s why it is called “0.8a beta”). The Obotrites, Rus, Byzantines, Seljuks and Almoravids have only seen little changes since 0.7 so far, save for the new units. This will be done with following “updates” of 0.8. These also will feature new loading screens, proper credits, and an installer to work as a stand alone.
    We (CBUR) hope that a new version of "Komnenean" byzantines will become available in the near future.
    The new models and textures will use the same names and that way a replacement of the old ones will be easy to do!
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

konny's Avatar Artifex

@ Louis and Zaccard, and all others that tried the download from yesterday, could you please download this fix:

http://www.filefront.com/15429637/models_strat.rar

Again select the data folder of dHRR as destination.

Team member of: Das Heilige Römische Reich, Europa Barbarorum, Europa Barbarorum II, East of Rome
    Modding help by Konny: Excel Traitgenerator, Setting Heirs to your preference
    dHRR 0.8 beta released! get it here
    New: Native America! A mini-mod for Kingdoms America

Quote Originally Posted by For Whom the Bell Tolls View Post
    Problem was miss-spelling of a strat texture. In data\models_strat\textures make a copy of nothern_captain_obotrites.tga and rename northern_captain_obotrites.tga

I got it working yesterday after this post.
    Are there some other changes in the new DL?

konny's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII View Post
    We (CBUR) hope that a new version of "Komnenean" byzantines will become available in the near future.
    The new models and textures will use the same names and that way a replacement of the old ones will be easy to do!
    These are good news!

Quote Originally Posted by Zaccard View Post
    Realy? uh... The northern_captain_oborites is a file from 19.09.2007, so I thought it should be part of dHRR 0.7 what is from 2008.

OK, this narrows it down and I can make a fix.

Team member of: Das Heilige Römische Reich, Europa Barbarorum, Europa Barbarorum II, East of Rome

Amon Amarth 930's Avatar Artifex

Congrats for Release, i waiting a long time for this.

Cant wait to play it

Third Age Member (Fellowship-Scripter)
    Under the Patronage of MasterBigAb

konny's Avatar Artifex

upload in first post "re-opened". Please download both files.

JorisofHolland's Avatar Primicerius

I just downloaded both files, installed them correctly (I know how the mod foldered system works) (yes first the big file, the new one on top of it). When I launched, the batch file ran (as it should). Then the splash opened, but it closed with the "Unspecific Error" message. Then I ran the "english_sound" batch file, this time no "Unspecific Error" message, but still a crash. Then I tried the other one (non_english_sound or something like that) and result remains the same. I'm using VISTA, but I could run 0.7 fine and have UAC turned of. Any idea what I might have done wrong?
    The Enemy of Human Souls
    Sat grieving at the cost of coals;
    For Hell had been annexed of late,
    And was a sovereign Southern State.

Hansa's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by JorisofHolland View Post
    I just downloaded both files, installed them correctly (I know how the mod foldered system works) (yes first the big file, the new one on top of it). When I launched, the batch file ran (as it should). Then the splash opened, but it closed with the "Unspecific Error" message. Then I ran the "english_sound" batch file, this time no "Unspecific Error" message, but still a crash. Then I tried the other one (non_english_sound or something like that) and result remains the same. I'm using VISTA, but I could run 0.7 fine and have UAC turned of. Any idea what I might have done wrong?
    Happened to me also, thougnh I stopped with the first Unspecific Error" message. And I am using Vista as well.
    GEIR HASUND!

By the way, though my avatar might indicate so, I am not a citizen of Germany, though my ancestry have a branch in this great nation.

Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by Zaccard View Post
    So do I.... until now its seems to be as great as expected. saxony, austria and lower lorraine the ones i played above 10 turns until now are just fine. Maybe saxony and frankonia are a bit overpowered compared to the others but their armies are facin each other so that point is solved... Im enjoin this mod so much, thank you hrr-moddin-team :-)

Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by JorisofHolland View Post
    The same here but with XP

first of all: thank you, thank you, thank you for this epic mod
    well, I don't see it as a modification but as a complete new game =)

btw, I downloaded the first posted version yesterday and did what Zaccard (northern...) wrote => problem solved

so I'm playing for half a day and have one question:

why is the title "Duke of Normandy" held by 2 persons at the same time (William the Conquerer an his son Robert)? when both die, will there also be 2 Dukes of Normandy or will one of both titles not go to any heir?

Downloading as I type but I have a quick question before I delve into a new campaign. I was playing as Saxony in .7 and I only had one thing I was wanting to change other than the turns script. My priest seemed to become heretics way too often and normally it was my priests with the most piety and titles that would turn. It would take forever to have one priest in Utrecht walk over to Konigsberg to deal with the turned priest. The other priests in the area had no chance of expelling him. My question is if the rebel and heretic spawn percentage has been changed? And if not how would I go about modding it to my tastes? I'm sure with most other empires it would not be a much of a hassle but Saxony gets spread out early and with the rebel navies hording in the baltic I cant ship people back and forth like I would like to.
    Oh, for Heaven's sake, now you're being deliberately stupid.
    Dr. Sheldon Cooper
    Wudang why did you close the thread? Because you can't find a source refuting mine? LoL how's the quest to ban me going?

Parzival2211's Avatar Ducenarius

Congratulations for the beta release! I'm looking forward to playing 0.8!

I also like the idea of a HRR 2 focussing on Germany only with a new map.

I uninstalled .7 and did a clean install of everything and I crash due to an unspecified error on the splash screen as the game starts. Even with the hotfix.
    Dr. Sheldon Cooper
    Wudang why did you close the thread? Because you can't find a source refuting mine? LoL how's the quest to ban me going?

This is my single favorite M:TW2 mod i've been waiting for .8 for a long time. I'm looking forward to trying this out.

JorisofHolland's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Tyreas View Post
    The same here but with XP
    I fixed it by installing the bèta again. No idea why it works, but it does.
    BTW: Thank you for this great mod, dHRR team!
    The Enemy of Human Souls
    Sat grieving at the cost of coals;
    For Hell had been annexed of late,
    And was a sovereign Southern State.

i uninstalled and reinstalled .7 and it does the same thing now... Here is how I got it working. This does't seem like it would matter but I uninstalled everything then deleted SS, and RegionsMod. Then I reinstalled and .7 worked. Then I patched to beta and it would load to the campaign screen but ctd'd when going into campaign. Then I did the beta hotfix and can play a campaign now. First impression upon seeing the campaign map was to vomit. Hopefully someone will have an update to where you can go back to faction colors of .7!!! The campaign map looks like something off the wall of a pre-teen girls room. If someone would be so kind to instruct me on what files need modded to change up the campaign map and the faction banners etc I would be willing to do it. *WARNING* to epileptics, where dark sunglasses.
    Last edited by chris7ian; January 27, 2010 at 02:40 AM.
    Dr. Sheldon Cooper

konny's Avatar Artifex

updated the first post.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronko View Post
    why is the title "Duke of Normandy" held by 2 persons at the same time (William the Conquerer an his son Robert)? when both die, will there also be 2 Dukes of Normandy or will one of both titles not go to any heir?
    This is a sollution to make the succession in England historical: Robert inherited the Duchy of Normandy while his brother William became King of England. Because their common father, William the Conqueror, was both King of England and Duke of Normandy, they might also inherit each other's title upon death of the holder.

In general the title of a Duke of Normandy is not tied to that of a King of England in dHRR: Robert Curthose, Eustach de Bologne and Geoffroy Plantagenet all were Dukes of Normandy without being King of England. Both Henry II and Henry the Younger held Normandy as "faction heirs", and so on.

ok, thank you, I love the historical correctness of this mod

btw the "problem" solved itself today, when William I. died. Now there is just one Duke of Normandy left (Robert) and the second title went away.
    My point was, that Williams title might have be gone to William Rufus when William I. died, because he was the next heir without the dukes title. In fact it seems that Robert inheritated the title he already owned, so it was "overwritten" ^^

konny's Avatar Artifex

It is even more simple: The title is only inherited by anyone if no one is holding it. That way, Robert being Duke of Normandy prevents anyone else in that faction to acquire the title.