Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: XAI 4.0 released!

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Default Re: XAI 4.0 released!!

Quote Originally Posted by xeryx View Post
    Thank you, can you PM it to me..I have a folder of permissions.

I look forward to it!!
    Me too! Espesialy for permisions the have been granded to CBUR and TGC.

But we seak not only to use XAI but in technical assistance by the XAI team
    in order the finall "product" will fit perfectly.
    We have very limited expirience in such matters!
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

xeryx's Avatar Follow the White Rabbit

Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII View Post
    Me too! Espesialy for permisions the have been granded to CBUR and TGC.

But we seak not only to use XAI but in technical assistance by the XAI team
    in order the finall "product" will fit perfectly.
    We have very limited expirience in such matters!
    You will surely have it, but we are here to help, not do it We will check the alignment and kick the tires for you though.

I think that many should learn how these things work, it will only help your mod design. Also understanding how it works, will allow you to tweak it to your mod!

For those "people without direction or motivation" that can't seem to find what improvements we have made to the CAI and BAI ...read the first post!
    Last edited by xeryx; April 28, 2010 at 07:22 PM.
    Proudly patronized by B. Ward Click Sig Logo for Downloads, Click forums here and here
    "Do not try and bend the spoon, that is impossible, instead only try and realize the truth.
    There is no spoon, and you will see, it is not the spoon that bends, only yourself."-The Matrix

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

My friend i am to old to learn so many things.I learned basic (coppy and paste) modeling but the rest look to my eyes "chinese"!
    As Americans say "you can't teach an old dog new tricks"!
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Then it would be good for you to recruit a young "Padawan", to work on it too.
    Proudly patronized by B. Ward Click Sig Logo for Downloads, Click forums here and here
    "Do not try and bend the spoon, that is impossible, instead only try and realize the truth.
    There is no spoon, and you will see, it is not the spoon that bends, only yourself."-The Matrix

Changes:
    * Fixed many other religious rules, that we not aligned to the proper religious faction and also gave less weight to them, until the end.
    * The Pope now considers any destruction of any Church a crime. Depending on who does it, depends on how bad the penalty.
    * With that, your own religious factions of course are thankful to stop the spread of other religions, but to a much lesser degree
    * MANY diplomatic rules are changed and gave more weight to Acts of Violence and Brutality Globally.
    * Went through Crusades and Jihades, changed the weights of the actions, and many bonuses and penalties..
    * There must be an easier way to code this stuff!! (there is and I am doing it)
    * The goal to make all religions aligned closer in penalties and bonuses (for same actions). This ensures better mod compatibility.
    * Fixed many irregularities for diplomacy.
    * PLUG and PLAY - hopefully!
    EDIT
    * I have decided that making an alliance with the POPE, will be a very sharp double edged sword. It is not advisable to do so even for the short term benefit. ONLY a Worldy Saint will gain benefits, and be able to unite the religions. Don't worry though you can always break the treaty! Guess you will think twice before doing that again!

Because of the frustration level of editing the Faction standings, file. I have decided to undertake major re-writing of it. To do it as it originally should have been. I am going to enhance Thorns rules! changing from factions to the use of religions instead. So that they are much more simplified, and can be put into any mod. With only minor adjustments for uses of the different religions. This is long overdue for the community.

So here we go, I should have it converted by next weekend.

Dark forces be with me

This is in dedication of Thorn!

Pretty much completed beta file for team available
    Last edited by xeryx; May 03, 2010 at 05:42 PM.

just great, now I'm going to have to start a whole new campaign. the addiction never ends

I have some even greater news, the initial testing of the Faction standings file is going even better than expected. I have just a couple of thing to finish up with it tonight. YEAH!! Then I can finish up the CAI by Friday. The tweaks I want to do to the BAI, are going to take longer, and I don't want to be rushed with it. So that can wait for awhile, I need a break and need to play the game for awhile anyway.

I am going to do is release those new CAI and FS files FRIDAY for the PUBLIC.

Oh yeah did I mention we gained speed in turn performance, and a much more decisive XCAI.

Don't worry you will be quite please with the results.

xeryx
    Last edited by xeryx; May 04, 2010 at 04:09 PM.

DONE! I'll let the Team get some time to glance and play the files...and they make sure there are no errors in the files this time.

So now lets recap what the new Faction Standings file does and how it pertains gaming and modding world.

1st what does this file do. Here is what it did in Vanilla.

Vanilla. Well, it has to do a lot with the POPE.
    It's primary purpose was to control how the pope felt about you?
    infact there we no other "religious" preferences used. Everything was strictly based on transgressions, or acts against a faction. There were a few bonuses as well faction to faction.

It also steadily increased your faction standing globally to help offset the penalties
    Vanilla was only concerned with catholic to papal relations.

XCAI's Faction standings file.
    * Discovery, we found out some new and exclusive command uses for religions, and the use of multiple religions in one line.
    * Expanded triggers (rules) to include Islamic and Orthodox as Major religions rule set. Just like the catholics have. This allows them to interact just like the catholics do.

* I changed the way the FS works, on most rules. We no longer use the factions name, because each rule had to have each faction listed. This made conversion for mods difficult, and prone to errors (because of exact syntax). Now any mod with the base religions, will only have to check the final section before integration. (I will publicly release this, with only the basic factions, that are in every mod. It is up to you to create your own rules, it is as easy as cut and paste.

* I have included sungod, pagan, and heretic in their own "minor religion" grouping in the rules. This will allow modders to us these for non primary religious groups and change the rules easily as they see fit. Catholic, Orthodox, and Islam are kept separate and has it's own rule. This also allows the modder to customize the religious differences they want to represent in a unique way.

IE. in XAI i represent the orthodox as more tolerant and neutral towards the other main religions. but catholics and islam have much steeper changes in faction standings between each other.

* I corrected many issues with the file, mainly the faction standing were not going negative enough, to trigger actions in the XCAI. this lead to indecisiveness on the AI's part. I also balance the global corrections.

* I increased the effect of most rules. They were way to gradual, and made many rules a fixed increase or decrease, not a differential. Especially for transgressions, this gives a fixed tolerance as to what factions will "put up with"

There were many fixes to the file, and so far there is a very good increase in turn speed processing, so I think we caught them all.

You will see a complete change in the AI behavior now, it is far more dangerous. We will have to do much testing to see if th e VH level is too aggressive again. The way I have designed the levels though, they are gradual and there is no "shame" in going down a level or two, It is just a stigma that has stuck with this game for so long.

I also finished the XCAI last night, I have released it for testing for a few days with the team. I found a some issues with it as well. I changed some of the defenses, to plug up some holes. I also changed the preferred points and strengths for the AI to wage its wars. I consolidated and removed a couple of rules. I also fixed the alliance against levels for the AI. You should now see the AI forming alliances against you and other factions. Hopefully, they wont gt too out of control, as it is a fine line to work with. I made vassals easier, for the AI to seek them. the reason for this is mainly to get feedback.

Speaking of feedback,
    So far we are upto about 300 downloads. Now I realize that there are many people out there that prefer to be lurkers, but there have really only been a few people giving feedback. So if you run across an issue, please give us a full description of what mod you are running it in and that sort of thing. There are many issues that do affect the AI, from mod to mod. But faction standings and attacks or defenses are strictly AI issues. Specific targets are hard code. I know that this next release will put down many issues. Honestly I am surprised that more feedback wasn't reported. Especially since that CAI was in Soul Firez's mod previously. I want to hear from you guys that are playing. This will reduce the number of "Trolls' on the forum

So in short, we have accomplished something that I did not think was ever going to be possible. On VH you can lose a game in 15 turns. It has happened to both Achilla and myself with these new files. We also now have a 90% plug and play XCAI. Only minor adjustments will ever need to be made, for your standard medieval mods.

I will need to make some new instructions, for the update.

Path finding: When I have been playing battles, I have noticed a dramatic increase in the ability for units to track and catch other units, because they are turning much sharper. Units are only getting "stuck" in cities about 10% of the time.

I saw something so neat, I have to share it with you. I was attacking a rebel stack. I had 2 armies, mine and a cpu controlled one. My army was about equal in strength to the rebels. The allied AI's army came in at a 90 degree offset to mine.

The Rebel AI originally was going to come forth and engage my army, until my AI's army came into a visual range. Then the Rebel AI retreated back to a hill, and took a defensive line posture in the shape of a "L". It effectively split it's army to engage both threats. However our units were much better, but what I played was fun and engaging. Especially for a 2:1 battle. It was so neat to see these fruits of labor working in such a way. It really makes all of it worth it, because now I know that all of you will get that same smile on your face when the AI surprises you with it's actions! I know there are some things that can be improved upon in the XBAI, and we will work on tweaking them some more.

I will be testing the new updates Friday, to make sure the levels of aggressiveness are set correctly with the new balancing. They seem a little too aggressive. I will also test to see if the use of a religion that is not in a mod, will crash the game.

Xeryx

PS.
    Attention ALL modders that think they can use parts or portions of XAI code without giving credit to this teams hard work, BEWARE! This includes concepts and ideas that we have implemented. It only takes a second to send a PM, to say hey do you mind if I use this? I usually say yes 98% of the time.
    Last edited by xeryx; May 06, 2010 at 07:27 AM.

I am just about done.

I had to tone things down a bit. It was entirely too crazy. I will have the files for you today. I am the only one available, so if you guys want to beta this and give me some feedback later this weekend..i would really appreciate it!
    Last edited by xeryx; May 07, 2010 at 01:22 AM.

I am just about done.
    brilliant news

so if you guys want to beta this and give me some feedback later this weekend
    ofcourse
    Under the patronage of Nakharar
    DM Multi modding project

Ok I slept in from being up so late testing. I will put the files together shortly for you guys.
    Last edited by xeryx; May 07, 2010 at 06:20 PM.

Excellent work xeryx!

Default Re: XAI 4.0 released! 4.01a update available

Thanks Soulson! have you checked out the XAI Promo Stuff Argent made..it's pretty cool!

Hey Xeryx, good talking to you today mate, and that looks just sweet as.
    When life gets more healthy for the family, I shall be lining up for a go
    Many thanks & appreciations to you and your team!

Cheers,
    Derf

if I overwrite my current KGCM files with the new additions of XcAI 4.01a

will it mess up my current campaign and make my save games incompatible?

Or will I have to start a new campaign(clear cache, delete map.rwm, etc) to see the new changes take into effect?
    Last edited by dknight237; May 08, 2010 at 12:30 AM.

Great talking to you to Derfele! All will be good in the world, then you will have some time to goof around.

@ DK237 Well I can tell you this, I was able to use my old save game, but I do not guarantee it will work, but I would clear your cache..just backup the original files.

the updated ai is awesome
    i'm playing as novgorod and 3 factions attacked me at ones
    great work +rep
    Under the patronage of Nakharar
    DM Multi modding project

I put this files to (KGCM baseline beta) data, now It is two files of one type: Descr_campaign_db(XAI4.0KGCM) and Descr_campaign_db (old file). I have to delete last one?

@ andrewww, if you updated (editied)the desc_campaign_db.xml when you first installed XAI, then just delete that file Descr_campaign_db(XAI4.0KGCM) as no changes were made.

@ Master Zuma! I am glad you are liking them!
    Now GO!! XAI core integrations must be completed! Before the Agents find you! Don't forget to visit the construct and upload your replication program.

Note to ALL!
    Thank you for all of your support over the years to keep me going! We finally have something to be really proud of. Sure it is not perfect, but it is way better than it used to be!!

I will be pretty busy this month with work, and of course now summer is getting close. It is time to relax and enjoy it! our summers are short here. Time to dust off the airsoft arsenal, and kick some arse.

But I will be working on that battle AI as it has some issues that need patched too. Hopefully in a few weeks i'll have that done too.

Long term, I feel it is going to take another 6 months to get the Battle AI to where I want it to be. It's coming along nicely, but there are definitely some things I need to improve in it. I have to keep realistic schedules and releases.

Thank you guys for the reps, don't forget to rep the rest of the team too. I am glad you are enjoying the XAI!
    Last edited by xeryx; May 10, 2010 at 08:26 PM.