Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: XAI 4.0 released!

Default Re: XAI 4.0 release, this weekend!

Woohooo!

xeryx's Avatar Follow the White Rabbit

I did some fine tuning and corrected an error in the instructions and integrations thread. I have also included any instructions as readme's incase TWC goes down.
    Proudly patronized by B. Ward Click Sig Logo for Downloads, Click forums here and here
    "Do not try and bend the spoon, that is impossible, instead only try and realize the truth.
    There is no spoon, and you will see, it is not the spoon that bends, only yourself."-The Matrix

SUPRISE!! We are now ready to Rock and Roll, I have all files verified and uploaded to Media Fire. Just click my LOGO and it will take you to the mediafire/xeryx downloads. Just click on the proper folders to download the different files that you will use.

In time I will work on an installer.

PLEASE make sure you rep all of the team members, we all worked very hard to make this happen, in spite of real life!!
    Last edited by xeryx; April 16, 2010 at 03:38 PM.
    Proudly patronized by B. Ward Click Sig Logo for Downloads, Click forums here and here
    "Do not try and bend the spoon, that is impossible, instead only try and realize the truth.
    There is no spoon, and you will see, it is not the spoon that bends, only yourself."-The Matrix

Default Re: XAI 4.0 released!!

Please Download and use all the files in the media fire folder, of XAI 4.xx Main
    Just Click on my Signature Logo!! for downloads
    Last edited by xeryx; April 16, 2010 at 03:33 PM.

Enjoy everyone, I will be around for a few hours. Playing!!

Downloaded and installed, though... hmmm... not sure what caused this but now all my in game campaign menus are all gone, and town and unit nametags are huge. I must have done something wrong I think haha. All campaigns and all mods... going to re-install. Perhaps it's angry over having 3.4 installed in the vanilla folders while 4.0 in the mods folders? could that be?

EDIT: Vanilla Medieval II campaign looks fine, but crusades, teutonic and all other in the mods folder looks bizarre now. I'll re-install later, damn me but I'm too tired :/
    Last edited by Wintermist; April 16, 2010 at 04:43 PM.

Well, I can tell you this, you need to slow down. Our files do not affect the UI.

Make sure when you install things, try to do it in small steps and then verify you game loads up a particular mod. The most common mistakes of installations, with installers, is pointing them to the wrong directory. Also please don't post a failure on a bad installation in this thread. I will open a new thread for feedback. These simple and small files, cannot ruin your installation if you follow the instructions.

If you a new to installing, or modding these things, take baby steps and just do one file at a time. This is why I took so much time to re-write the instructions.
    Last edited by xeryx; April 16, 2010 at 05:26 PM.

Thanks for the release!!!

Just a question on labels..

I cannot find any reference to labels in your readmes for either ai labels (didn't you create nomad and pagan or something) or for unit labels (do I change any of them like skirmish and whatnot?)

All default AI labels (vanilla ones) are in the CAI, no need to change. If you have a faction, like the mongols put that ai_label to nomad. the pagan label would be for a pagan religious country, but you don't have to use them, they are extra. Please read the installation instruction carefully.

You are welcome Tyre
    Last edited by xeryx; April 16, 2010 at 06:36 PM.

Goodnight my friends, a 12+ hour day on this stuff. Hopefully the others will be around early, as I am -8 GMT.

hello XERYX i love the work of your team, i was thinking, can you make a version for rome total war, alexander and barbarian invasion to, beacause this mod is awesome and the ai of RTW IS BULL S::::: please, only something little for RTW

magnificent work +rep to all XAI team
    Under the patronage of Nakharar
    DM Multi modding project

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Two questions my dear friend.
    Is vassalty among diferend culture/religion players avaialable?
    Do AI make naval invasions/raids in very long distances (for example from western mediteranean to easter one or in short distances (from east coasts of adriatic to west ones)?
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

where to download please
    i don't hope with mediafire

Dewy's Avatar Something Witty

nice work, looks very great keep up the work. I shall write up a ES article about it
    Oh no the picture of my dog disappeared!

Will there be any problems if I install the files in Med2 directory to use XAI in the vanilla campaign?

hello XERYX i love the work of your team, i was thinking, can you make a version for rome total war, alexander and barbarian invasion to, beacause this mod is awesome and the ai of RTW IS BULL S::::: please, only something little for RTW
    Unfortunately no, Med 2 is the only CA game that you can mod all the elements of the AI

magnificent work +rep to all XAI team
    Thanks Master Zuma!

Two questions my dear friend.
    Is vassalty among diferend culture/religion players avaialable?
    Do AI make naval invasions/raids in very long distances (for example from western mediteranean to easter one or in short distances (from east coasts of adriatic to west ones)?
    AnthoniusII 1) Yes vassal are working within the system, I have seen a vassal 1x. Depending on how you want it set up, it can be adjusted to make them more common. 2) I have seen both, but the AI right now prefers shorter runs. Miikll will need to explain his finding in a modding thread. It deals with ocean and boat settings. Thank you for the questions.

nice work, looks very great keep up the work. I shall write up a ES article about it
    Thank You Dewy!!

Will there be any problems if I install the files in Med2 directory to use XAI in the vanilla campaign?
    Why would you want to do that?? when you have a great mod like KGCM..or the many others out there.

Finally @ j.p. maybe you can have someone send them to you via email, because I am not hosting anymore download sites, I want to keep it all centralized and easy to maintain. Sorry for the inconvienance
    Last edited by xeryx; April 17, 2010 at 01:06 PM.

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Xeryx thanks for the replies.
    I am interesting in puting XAI in TGC mod.
    I made these questions because TGC is a historical mod that needs to follow some historical accuracy.
    So we will need naval invasions in huge distances (our map is close to maximum scale) to accuratly present historical raids exept via certain events.
    Vassalty between diferend cultures and religions is also crusial because in real a form of vassalty existed between christians and muslims or pagans and christians.
    Thank any way i will contact for more details soon to receive your permision and technical advise to add XAI IV in TGC...
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII View Post
    Xeryx thanks for the replies.
    I am interesting in puting XAI in TGC mod.
    I made these questions because TGC is a historical mod that needs to follow some historical accuracy.
    So we will need naval invasions in huge distances (our map is close to maximum scale) to accuratly present historical raids exept via certain events.
    Vassalty between diferend cultures and religions is also crusial because in real a form of vassalty existed between christians and muslims or pagans and christians.
    Thank any way i will contact for more details soon to receive your permision and technical advise to add XAI IV in TGC...
    That would be awesome!! to include XAI!!

Vassalage; We definitely want to test that area further, your mod sounds perfect to test it's functionality. We were unable to put much time into testing that area in the CAI this go around. Vassals within vanilla never worked correctly, and they were never broken at the proper times. I made an entire section just for vassals! So with your mod, we could really refine it's operation. Through the XCAI though we can make it easier for the AI to get them. We were unable to test how the new rules work with vassals. So let's test it and get it working the way it 100% should be. That will be one of the last things to get properly working within the campaign AI. (not counting garrisons)

More on Ships: In our latest testbed, miikll made a great discovery of how water and ships work. If you look at some of the screenshots in this thread and this one you will see that the aztecs have expanded to Africa! and in my current campaign 100 turns later, they still have 3 cities there. So with these changes, the AI will reinforce its newly conquered areas. Which previously the AI would not do. We theorize that it is a pathfinging issue! between how the AI sees shallow and deep water with differend ship settings in the EDU. I am having Miikll work up a little FAQ about this.
    Last edited by xeryx; April 17, 2010 at 02:44 PM.

Congratulations and thanks for this monumental piece of work.

It's a shame though - some people still continue to tinker away at RTW....even though the AI is hopeless. I guess they don't care about the AI and just want pretty classical units?