Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Submod: Redone Map

Default Re: Submod: Redone Map

Quote Originally Posted by Musato View Post
    how do i fixs this
    Ok, I'm at a loss here.

I got the same thing, then renamed the folder as others did to correct the issue, but it still remains purple.

The only other submod I have is cpdwane's bodyguard mod on and after deleting the RTW folder several times I applied it first without issue, then added the map mod without success.

Anyone know of anything else I can do to fix this? I'd really like to play with the new map and not the austere vanilla one.

I'm a dunce, I was putting it into the main RTW map folder, not TGW one.

Sorry for not responding earlier (although I wouldn't have been very helpful...), but I'm glad the problem was resolved.

debux's Avatar Senator

Aparrently never posted here, but I must say it's great! It must be the first mod where I can actually see how the terrain will be in the battle map.
    Linky linky to my last.fm profile! Clicky clicky! If you like anything that ranges from breakbeat to downtempo/chillout, from house to drum & bass, you might find something new in between! (Artist suggestions are more than welcome )

cpdwane's Avatar Domesticus

Yes, thinking about it the new campaign map textures and the battlemap textures do match up very nicely.

__________"Ancient History is my Achilles' Heel"___________

Lanjane's Avatar Artifex

Could anybody provide new links for this submod? Alas, Megaupload was vanquished a few months ago.
    Don't run too far, you will have to return the same distance.
    - Biblical Proverb
    Nobody will try to figure it out if you are made of glass or of metal. They'll treat you the same way.
    When you show your strength, you'll find a company of those who want to steal it from you, but your weakness, you'll be all alone with it.

- Winter Voices

Lanjane's Barbarian Empires * Barbarian Empires: Hellenistic Legacy * Extended Cultures V * Rome - Total Realism 8 * Lanjane's Mini-Workshop * Rome: Total Music

debux's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Lanjane View Post
    Could anybody provide new links for this submod? Alas, Megaupload was vanquished a few months ago.
    I might try... if I can rescue the files from somewhere... looking to enjoy of some good ol' 0.98? BTW, I do believe there is a provincial campaign within the 1.0 of the old map, although I don't know if it uses Athkara's map.

Nice to see you around Lanjane

UPDATE: here's the link for Athkara's map! Was able to rescue it between my TW files (thank goodness I have enough space for backups of downloads!)... if any mod or anyone with admin privileges can update the OP with the new link would get a chocolate-chip cookie from yours truly

(edit: post number 666! That might mean that this link might have a virus! You have been warned!)
    Last edited by debux; April 21, 2012 at 06:03 PM.
    Linky linky to my last.fm profile! Clicky clicky! If you like anything that ranges from breakbeat to downtempo/chillout, from house to drum & bass, you might find something new in between! (Artist suggestions are more than welcome )

I updated the first post. Good work, debux!

ExtremeBG's Avatar Decanus

the download link for the extended map seems dead,can someone upload it somewhere pls?

Macedonia(FYROM) is Bulgarian. If you don't believe me, read a book.

MathiasOfAthens's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris

You should make it so turns cover a month instead of a year so it doesnt take years to cross into another territory. Plus smaller movement points are better so you dont have armies that can go miles and miles. While that would be realistic if the scale is as it is and the turns are set up to cover months or years it just would be better strategic gameplay to be able to see enemy armies end their turn on the border or within your territory instead of using one turn to leave their territory, cross other regions and besiege your city. The later would force the player to keep their armies in their cities rather than in forts on borders or whatever.

debux's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by ExtremeBG View Post
    the download link for the extended map seems dead,can someone upload it somewhere pls?
    There is no extended map, only the v1, that extends all the way to Macedon. You can find the links to the latest versions here

Quote Originally Posted by MathiasOfAthens View Post
    You should make it so turns cover a month instead of a year so it doesnt take years to cross into another territory. Plus smaller movement points are better so you dont have armies that can go miles and miles. While that would be realistic if the scale is as it is and the turns are set up to cover months or years it just would be better strategic gameplay to be able to see enemy armies end their turn on the border or within your territory instead of using one turn to leave their territory, cross other regions and besiege your city. The later would force the player to keep their armies in their cities rather than in forts on borders or whatever.
    Actually, there is already a 12TpY mod, so each turn represents a month, you just have to activate the script for that to work. About movement points... jeez, I really can't remember how it was... but I don't think it would be too hard to edit. I wouldn't know how to, but it should be easy to find on google. But on the other hand... do you really want to play only sieges, if all armies are going to have less movement points? Especially considering that it's mostly hoplite armies, and that mean high defense, but low attack units. On the other hand, it might mean that it's harder for the AI to reinforce cities (due to the longer marching time to go back), but I really wouldn't be able to predict how the AI would react to a decrease in movement points.

MathiasOfAthens's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris

I know how to edit it, I can do it to my own copy. The opposite of siege fests, which you could just auto-resolve or let the siege expire is constantly being attacked by armies. A battle fest. Which gets annoying if your sieging a city with 300 people and you have to wait a turn to attack but your attacked the next turn by an army.

debux's Avatar Senator

Well... to be honest, I prefer a lot more normal battles than sieges... dunno. If you make the changes, doi you mind posting them here? I'd like to see how it affects gameplay myself.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123