Thread: Loading screens sounds and music

Seb's Avatar Libertus

Default Loading screens sounds and music

Hi everybody

I finally got bored with the loading screens, so I downloaded Period loading screens by Spanky. The problem now was... those battle sounds don't go quite well with those screens. So I made a little private selection and created a pack file to replace the six wav files "emp_hyb_ambience_loadingscreen1_v1.00_gme.wav" with the according tune. But there is still that little annoying music, the one that is playing above the original sounds. So now I get two tunes for the price of one.
    How do you neutralize this one? Where is it located? I can't seem to find it at all.

Many thanks in advance for the help!
    "The world is not yet exhausted: let me see something to-morrow which I never saw before."
    - The History of Rasselas, Prince of Abissinia, chapter 47 (by Samuel Johnson)

Default Re: Loading screens sounds and music

You can find them in music\strings folder. Delete all the "emp_mus_loadscreen_0x_v1.00.mp3" you can see.

Seb's Avatar Libertus

Call me stupid, but I still can't find it.
    I can't find any music/strings folder in any pack, and I've looked in all of them. Am I not looking at the right place?
    "The world is not yet exhausted: let me see something to-morrow which I never saw before."

Donīt worry: D For that open the file "patch.pak" with the tool "Pack File Manager". Go to the folder "music\strings" and find these files, "emp_mus_loadscreen_01_v1.00.mp3" and "emp_mus_loadscreen_02_v1.00.mp3" If you wonīt hear delete them, then you can load your loadscreens music without any problem Good luck.

Seb's Avatar Libertus

The patch.pack file... that's the only one I didn't try...

Thank you very much! +rep to you sire.

Falconpilot's Avatar Join Arma3 campaign!

brilliant, I was having the same problem with a mod! Never bothered to look in the patch.pack though

Thank you sooo much!!! +rep alot

Would anyone have a suggestion on how to get this in a mod? Should I just place 2 empty music files in my sound/music folder so they are overwritten?
    Last edited by Falconpilot; January 26, 2011 at 06:34 AM.

Icon10 Re: Loading screens sounds and music

Sorry for old thread resurrection, but this problem also bugged the hell out of me. I could mod easily battle music but loading screens drove me nuts. Here's how I added my custom loading screens together with battle music.

Step 1.
    Modify patch.pack by removing "emp_mus_loadscreen_01_v1.00.mp3" and "emp_mus_loadscreen_02_v1.00.mp3" - see excellent tip above by (HG)Mariscal Zhukov http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...56#post6641956

Step 2.
    Create music/strings folder in your ETW data folder and place you mp3 of choice in that folder.

Step 3.
    Rename your mp3 "emp_mus_loadscreen_01_v1.00.mp3" and "emp_mus_loadscreen_02_v1.00.mp3"

Step 4.
    Place you music mod pack file to ETW data folder.

Step 5.
    Open your music mod pack file in PFM. Right click on music directory in PFM and select Add Directory menu option. Browse to your strings folder you placed in data/music ETW folder. You should have in your pack this directory structure and files:
    +music
    -+strings
    ---emp_mus_loadscreen_01_v1.00.mp3
    ---emp_mus_loadscreen_02_v1.00.mp3

Step 6.
    Save, exit and add your music mod pack to user script file.

Enjoy your custom loading screen music without overlapping with vanilla strings music.

Cheers.
    Last edited by F@32; September 30, 2012 at 05:43 PM.