Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Garbarsardar's cookbook

imb39's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Patrician Citizen Administrator Emeritus

Oh, It's been a bad day... I'm up all night training. Sleepless nights... I wonder why?

Pra's Avatar Sir Lucious Left Foot

Pork Vindaloo-Mmmm Mmmm Delicious!

I have used the following recipe and it has come out wonderful. Try it!

Goan Pork Vindaloo

Hot and Sour Pork

Goa is a tiny state on the west coast of India. With its natural scenic beauty, attractive beaches, temples, unique architecture, feasts and festivals, Goa has an ideal tourist profile. Famous for its distinctive cuisine, Goa can boast of delicacies like the spicy 'sorpotel' and the ever popular Goan fish curry with rice but the Pork Vindaloo is the benchmark of Goan food. It is made without adding any water to the recipe.

For the Marinade

1 tablespoon Cumin seeds
    ½ teaspoon whole Cloves
    ½ teaspoon whole Black peppercorns
    1 teaspoon Green Cardamom pods
    2 teaspoons Black mustard seeds
    1 teaspoon Turmeric
    1 teaspoon Red Chili powder
    1 teaspoon Ground cinnamon
    1 Onion chopped
    8 cloves Garlic chopped or 4 teaspoons garlic paste
    1 inch Ginger chopped or 2 teaspoons ginger paste
    6 dried Red chilies (use as desired for hotness)
    1 tablespoon Ketchup
    5 tablespoons Oil
    8 fl oz Cider vinegar
    3 lbs lean Pork, cubed

Dry roast the cumin seeds, cloves, and black peppercorn in a pan until lightly toasted. Grind all the marinade ingredients together in a blender using only cider vinegar to liquefy the mixture until it reaches a thick paste consistency. Pour spice paste over the pork and rub the mixture well into the meat. Cover and keep in the fridge overnight.

Heat the oil and fry the meat over a medium high heat until browned. Add the vinegar and cook for 5 minutes on high, reduce the heat and simmer gently for 45 mins - 1 hour, until the meat is tender. Serve hot with Jeera Rice.
    http://www.cuisinecuisine.com/GoanPorkVindaloo.htm
    Under patronage of Emperor Dimitricus Patron of vikrant1986, ErikinWest, VOP2288

Anagennese, the Rise of the Black Hand

MacMillan doesn't compensate for variable humidity,wind speed and direction or the coriolis effect. Mother nature compensates for where Macmillan's crosshairs are.

No, that isn't a banana

I saw some nice drink recipes here, so I thought I would toss in a bit of poison.

The drink is called a Rocky Mountain Bear :wub:er, and for good reason.

2/3 oz Jack Daniel's® Tennessee whiskey
    2/3 oz tequila
    2/3 oz Bacardi® 151 proof rum

Good luck to those that start their night with this tasty treat!

PS: You shouldn't wonder what it tastes like, as it's probably as bad as you think.

My Jack Daniels Mixes. :original:

One pint glass 1/3 Jack and 2/3 Budwiser (never try another make)
    One Glass of Jack and coke mixed with one pint of beer
    Jack/coke/martini mixed according to your taste.

Well, if I, Belisarius, the Black Prince, and you all agree on something, I really don't think there can be any further discussion.
    - Simetrical 2009 in reply to Ferrets54

Garbarsardar's Avatar Et Slot i et slot
    Patrician Tribune Citizen Magistrate Administrator Emeritus

Very nice Prarara, the only problem with Vindaloo is that it's getting better the more chilli you add. The ultimate Vindaloo is therefore stupidly hot. I like it!!!

Especially if complimented with OTZ's or Jacobus poisons...

On a more gay note now, here's some lasagna-pretty innocent stuff-but please pay attention to the sauce...

INGREDIENTS:

* 1 (16 ounce) package lasagna pasta
    * 1 pound pork sausage
    * 2 pounds ricotta cheese
    * 3 (26 ounce) jars spaghetti sauce*
    * 1 pound grated Parmesan cheese
    * 1 pound shredded mozzarella cheese
    * 1/2 pound spinach, rinsed and chopped

{*The Ultimate Spaghetti sauce
    * Oregano
    * 1 Medium yellow onion
    * 1 Bay Leaf
    * Sweet Basil
    * Fresh Parsley (Fresh Parsley - This is Important)
    * Salt/Pepper
    * Garlic, Lots of Garlic!
    * Cajun Seasoning - Just a dash (any spicy Cajun seasoning will do)
    * Olive Oil
    * Sugar (your gonna add just a little bit later on during the cooking)
    * (2) 28 oz. / (2) 800g Tomato Puree
    * (2) 6 oz. / (2) 170g Tomato Paste
    * (1) 16 oz. / (1) 450g Diced Tomatoes
    * Red Wine
    * A good Sauce pan at lease 10" diameter and 12" deep (Make sure you have a quality pan, cheap pans have a very thin bottom which tends to burn whatever it is you are cooking. A good quality sauce pan has a very thick bottom to it, this is much better for things that you have to cook for a long time such as sauces and soups.)
    * Water

Fry diced onion and garlic until golden. Add everything else, except parsley. Bring to boil and then simmer in low heat until thick.Add parsley.
    }

DIRECTIONS:

1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain and lay noodles on a paper towel.
    2. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook sausage, spicing to taste, until no longer pink, and reserve.
    3. In a large bowl, mix the ricotta and 2 jars of spaghetti sauce. In a medium bowl, mix the Parmesan and mozzarella cheeses.
    4. Stir all but one cup of the cheese mixture into the ricotta mixture; stir in the sausage and chopped spinach.
    5. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
    6. Coat the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish with a thin layer of spaghetti sauce. Lay 3 to 4 noodles lengthwise and side by side; then lay 3 to 4 noodles overlapping and in a staggered pattern on top.
    7. Add a generous layer of the sausage/cheese; repeat layers twice, until they have reach 1/2 inch from the top of the baking dish. Layer noodles on top of the lasagna and coat in the last jar of spaghetti sauce. Cover with last cup of cheese mixture and bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes or until golden brown. Slice and serve, and then see a doctor. A psychiatrist, even better.

No, that isn't a banana

Hey Garb, I am using your lasagna recipe tonight for din dins! I will be subsituting beef for your pork, as the wife has a slight distaste for the little oinkers.

My mouth is drooling already....

Keep us posted, by all means

MoROmeTe's Avatar For my name is Legion

A nice one fresh of the press...

White Russian (with a twist) or Twisted White Russian

50 ml vodka (a good one)
    50 ml chocolate liquor or 100 ml chocolate sirup (for pussies)
    200 ml milk or 150 ml cream (this is thwe twist)

In a glass pour the vodka and then the liquor/sirup and then the milk/cream. Should be served a little chilled for maximum alchoolic efects... The beverage should not be mixed with a straw or any other object, but rather twisted around in a swirl with a (clean ) finger...

Personally I like the liquor and cream idea better and have more than once sucumbed to its attraction. Increase the vodka/liqour dosage for the little extra kick and when serving to the ladies, increase the milk quota...

In the long run, we are all dead - John Maynard Keynes
    Under the patronage of Lvcivs Vorenvs
    Holding patronage upon the historical tvrcopolier and former patron of the once fallen, risen from the ashes and again fallen RvsskiSoldat

Well I just devoured a large portion of OTZ's chilli with rice. Which I actually helped with an uncertain (as of now) number of vodka martinis. The combination is , well deadly,especially if there is an aboundance of Thai chillies in the house.over and out.

And this is from Vizigoth (at your peril).

This is a favorite of me and my mates

1. Take a half a pint of Guiness Stout and pour it into a glass

2. You can either pour a shot of Jamesons Irish whiskey into a double shout glass (thats what i prefer) or pour it straight into the Guiness

3. Then you pour a shot of Irish Creme (Bailey's, Ashbourne, etc.) on top of the Jamesons or into a seperate shot glass if you didnt have a double shot glass. It's important not to pour the Baileys into the concotion because if the drink is not consumed right away it will begin to curdle.

4. Drop the shot glass into the Guiness and drink it as fast as possible so it doesn't curdle.

Enjoy. But be warned these will get you drunk in a rapid fashion. One because of all the alcohol and two because they taste akin to a milkshake

-viz

MoROmeTe's Avatar For my name is Legion

One I've tried last night with a female friend. She went down pretty quick while I stood up 5 of them...

Honey Russian

50 ml of vodka (more if you like it/stand it)
    200 ml of milk (more if you like it mild)
    100 ml of coffe/100 ml of melted chocolate
    3 tablespoons of honey

All of these go into a container. Vodka goes in first, then the coffe/chocolate, then the milk. While adding the honey keep stiring furiously... Let it rest for a little before serving. one could chill the beverage for an interesting senzation. Tastes very good, packs a real punch...

In the long run, we are all dead - John Maynard Keynes
    Under the patronage of Lvcivs Vorenvs
    Holding patronage upon the historical tvrcopolier and former patron of the once fallen, risen from the ashes and again fallen RvsskiSoldat

Kscott's Avatar New and Improved!

Okay not sure this counts as a recipe, but this is one of my favorite foods...

Dirty Macaronni

Mix bake beans and macaroni and cheese. It taste so incredibly good..
    Last edited by Kscott; September 29, 2005 at 09:21 PM.

Patron of Basileous Leandros I/Grimsta/rez/ Aemilianus/Publius/ Vizigothe/Ahiga /Zhuge_Liang Under Patronage of Lord Rahl
    MY TWC HISTORY

Quote Originally Posted by King of Atlantis
    Okay not sure this counts as a recipe, but this is one of my favorite foods...

Dirty Macaronni

Mix bake beans and macaronni and cheese. It taste so incredibly good..
    Welcome to the Cookbook KoA, I noticed that cooking time is not mentionned in your recipe...hmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by Garbarsardar
    Welcome to the Cookbook KoA, I noticed that cooking time is not mentionned in your recipe...hmmmm

Well just cook the two dishes as normal then mix. The amount is entirely up to the cook, as I do it different all the time.

Btw, macaroni is much different than Spagetti.

Patron of Basileous Leandros I/Grimsta/rez/ Aemilianus/Publius/ Vizigothe/Ahiga /Zhuge_Liang Under Patronage of Lord Rahl
    MY TWC HISTORY

Quote Originally Posted by King of Atlantis
    Well just cook the two dishes as normal then mix. The amount is entirely up to the cook, as I do it different all the time.

Btw, macaroni is much different than Spagetti.
    It is now corrected...

hehe, thanks

MY TWC HISTORY

Let me take also the opportunity to say that your Dear patron, although complained on a hamburger issue, never commented on my hamburger recipe...

Hey Garbarsardar, I noticed you seem to have a good idea when it comes to cooking. Since I cannot post on your cooking topic, perhaps you could help me

I have recently found I nice little store that is owned by a Greek family and sells Greek, Eastern European, and Turkish food. Perhaps you could recommend a Greekish dish for me to make. I am a fairly decent cook, so I can cook a lot of stuff. Except time is a problem for me. So it mustn’t take to long.

Ok, I know I ask a lot,
    but thanks!

Erik
    Ask and you shall be given...in the next 3hours...

For Erik as promised:

Stuffed vine leaves

INGREDIENTS:

* 1-1/2 cups uncooked white rice
    * 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
    * 1/2 pound ground lamb (beef will do also)
    * 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
    * 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
    * 1/2 (16 ounce) jar grape leaves, drained and rinsed
    * 1 tablespoon olive oil
    * 1/2 potato, sliced into rounds
    * 1/2 cup canned tomato sauce
    * 1 cup water, or as needed

DIRECTIONS:

1. In a medium bowl, mix together the uncooked rice, ground beef, parsley, allspice, pepper until well blended.
    2. Pour oil into the bottom of a large pot, and spread to cover. Make a layer of potato slices to cover the bottom of the pan. The dolmas should not be able to touch the bottom of the pan.
    3. Lay the grape leaves out flat on a cutting board. Place about a tablespoon of the beef mixture in the center of one leaf. Fold sides in towards the center, then roll up from the bottom loosely. Set in the pot seam side down. Repeat with the remaining mixture and leaves. For large leaves, you may cut them in half at the center vein. Place a heavy dinner plate on top of the dolma to keep them from unraveling. The cooking pot should be about 2/3 full.
    4. Pour tomato sauce and water over the dolma. The liquid should cover them by at least one inch. Adjust the amount of water if necessary. Bring to a boil, then cover, and simmer for 45 minutes to 1 hour, until all liquid has been absorbed and rice is tender.

You can skip the tomato sauce and instead serve with avgolemono(egglemon sauce)

3 egg yolks
    1/3 cup lemon juice, strained
    1 cup hot broth (chicken)

Whisk the yolks until pale and frothy. Slowly add the lemon juice and whisk for another minute. Add one third of the broth in a steady stream, constantly whisking. Add remaining broth. Transfer mixture to a small saucepan and heat gently. Whisk while heating, until mixture thickens enough to coat the back of a spoon. Do not boil. Serve immediately.
    Last edited by Garbarsardar; September 30, 2005 at 09:34 AM.

Tacticalwithdrawal's Avatar Ghost

Quote Originally Posted by Garbarsardar
    Stuffed wine leaves
    don't you mean vine leaves? (not that I'm being pedantic or anything.......
    : - It's my smilie and I'll use it if I want to......

Ave Caesar, Morituri Nolumus Mori (in Glaswegian: gae **** yrsel big man)