Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Garbarsardar's cookbook

Lord Rahl's Avatar Behold the Beard
    Content Emeritus

Why is Mac and Cheese not in this cookbook?

Patron of: Ó Cathasaigh, Major. Stupidity, Kscott, Major König, Nationalist_Cause, Kleos, Rush Limbaugh, General_Curtis_LeMay, and NIKO_TWOW.RU | Patronized by: MadBurgerMaker
    Opifex, Civitate, ex-CdeC, Ex-Urbanis Legio, Ex-Quaestor, Ex-Helios Editor, Sig God, Skin Creator & Badge Forger
    I may be back... | @BeardedRiker

imb39's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Patrician Citizen Administrator Emeritus

Ermmm What is Mac and Cheese. Well I know what cheese is...

Garbarsardar's Avatar Et Slot i et slot
    Patrician Tribune Citizen Magistrate Administrator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by the Black Prince
    to my friend and head chef of TWC the honourable garbarsardar, i present to you the esteemed compliments of 3 university students, who until befriended by me, existed on pot noodles and microwave pizza, and thought my rather bland meals (i can cook, i don't like to, and don't take time to) were heaven on earth until i presented them with lightly baked chicken and rice seasoned with your oh so excellent sauce, raising them to new levels of gastronomical nirvana.

seeing as i managed to say all that in one sentance i've clearly been spending too long reading medieval romance again (alas fair garb that though art safely protected by the bonds of holy matrimony lest i relent my will and unlimber mine arsenal into thine unsuspecting heart, and convince thee to take up residence in my kitchen and bedroom both)

i just adore high style don't you?
    in normal english though, great recipe garb, my friends and i loved it
    I am deeply honoured and mightily happy, dear Aden.
    On style: Traditional English cooking can be delicious-despite what all naysayers think, provided you have the right materials. In the Tesco world this seems impossible, since you'll have to spend lots of efforts and upwards of 30 GBP per person to get proper shellfish, or edible meat or saussages. Therefore opting for style it's a necessity that I learned to love in my 6 years back home in Blighty.
    Even a mediocre dish can be saved and raised to unexpected heights, with the right serving but mostly by putting your guests in the right mood. I promise you the next time I visit the UK we will have a one meal stand in your kitchen.
    You will have to control any bedroom-cooking tendencies though...

I strongly support you try Just's recipe:It's exactly what I mean. Cheap materials, lots of flair, good disguise:perfect!

@imb39. One people divided by the same language?
    P.S.Give your recipe to the masses.Now!

My Lord Rahl
    I promise in the next 12h I will come up with a Mac and cheese recipe, that no french will be able to scourge or lament about.
    Garb.

Tom Paine's Avatar Mr Common Sense
    Patrician

Silver Spring, Maryland (inside the Beltway)

Quote Originally Posted by imb39
    Well in this recipe, you have to roast the spices! So no 'pour on sauce' here...

This is a forgiving recipe - I have yet to make a hash of it. Obviously you can substitute the beef for chicken or even vegetables (don't forget about the stock!). You must let it simmer for 90 minutes or so - this allows the onion to break down, otherwise you'll have pieces of onion floting in your curry.

Enjoy.
    Hm, I think I'll try this soon. Wednesday really, so Ill tell you the results on Wednesday evening. Thank you for making my life easier but my cooking harder.

imb39's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Patrician Citizen Administrator Emeritus

Good luck, not that you'll need it...

As I promised to my Lord Rahl...

Tha GARBURGER

1.Sauce (instead of A1's BBQ or ketchup)

Carton (can?) of pured tomatoes
    tbs sugar
    mushroom stock cube
    2 tbs wine vinegar
    tbs Worchester sauce

Mix, bring to boil and let simmer until it reaches the desired consistency.
    When it cools down feel free to add youghourt (instead of mayo) to your taste, and mustard. (pickled gherkins chopped in thin slices may come handy too).

2.Burger (serves 6)
    1lb minced beef+1lb minced lamb
    egg yolk
    1 teacup of ale (beer-lagger-guiness even better)
    2 tbs oat flakes or breadcrumbs.
    fresh basil and
    fresh rosemary leaves
    salt and pepper to taste

3.Buns

1 1/8 cups water

2 tablespoons butter

3 1/4 cups bread flour

3 teaspoons gluten (optional)

3 tablespoons dry milk powder

1 tablespoon sugar

1 1/2 teaspoons salt

3 teaspoons dry active yeast

Make sure all ingredients are at room temperature. Add yeast to the water heated to about 110şF. Allow to activate. Add foamy yeast solution to other ingredients and knead until dough is smooth and elastic, adjust water or flour to suit. Punch down and let rise covered for 20 minutes Divide dough into 8 equal sections, make each section into a ball and place on lightly greased large baking sheet. Flatten each with palm of hand. Cover with cloth and let rise in warm place until doubled (about 1 to 1-1/2 hours). Bake in preheated 375şF oven for 20 - 25 minutes until golden brown. Remove from baking sheet and let cool on cake rack. Makes 8.

4.Cheese

While cheddar seems the obvious solution, I would like to reccomend a Californian cheese:Monterey Jack.(not the marbled variety);it melts more evenly than cheddar and has a delicate, buttery flavor.

5.Finally

Mix the rosemary ale, oat egg yolk and basil into the hamburger meat, distributing evenly. Add salt and fresh ground pepper. Form out the hamburger patties. If the meat is low-fat, you may want to add some grapeseed oil or olive oil to the mixture, or after the patties are made (but before cooked), rub some oil over them.Refrigerate for 1h. Place on a hot grill or grill pan. If you are indoors with a grill pan, be sure to use your stove fan. If on grill pan, lower the heat to medium high. Grill on one side until you can see the juice begin to run at the surface. Flip over and grill on the other side, again until you can see some juice coming through.Place the cheese on top of the burgers until melted. If you wish (you do), grill the buns on remaining grill surface. Onions can be either served fresh with the hamburger or sautéed a little in olive oil.

Serve burgers with lettuce, tomatoes, onions, and the Sauce.
    Last edited by Garbarsardar; September 17, 2005 at 11:38 AM.

MoROmeTe's Avatar For my name is Legion

For us Europeans can you post the measures in metric system, too?

And I am actually drolling (I am at work and I can't cook right now...)

In the long run, we are all dead - John Maynard Keynes
    Under the patronage of Lvcivs Vorenvs
    Holding patronage upon the historical tvrcopolier and former patron of the once fallen, risen from the ashes and again fallen RvsskiSoldat

I'm European too, but it was a matter of style, and also repect to Rahl...
    here you are now!

OZ … G = _ X 28.34952

G … OZ = _ X 0.03527

LB... G = _X 453.592379

G... LB = _X 0.0022

LB … KG = _ X 0.453592

KG … LB = _ X 2.20462

TN Short … KG = _ X 907.185

TN Gross … KG = _ X 1016.0470

TN Metric … KG = _ X 1000

TN Metric … LB = _ X 2204.62

TN Metric … TN Gross = _ X 0.984206

TN Metric … TN Short = _ X 1.10231

Thank you... I am having a close female friend over tonight. What should I try and cook? I am not a great cool and I would like something interesting...

Holding patronage upon the historical tvrcopolier and former patron of the once fallen, risen from the ashes and again fallen RvsskiSoldat

Quote Originally Posted by Garbarsardar
    I strongly support you try Just's recipe:It's exactly what I mean. Cheap materials, lots of flair, good disguise:perfect!
    Yes! Complimented by the master!

Thank you... I am having a close female friend over tonight. What should I try and cook? I am not a great cool and I would like something interesting...
    What kind of food does she like?

Patron of Felixion, Ulyaoth, Reidy, Ran Taro and Darth Red
    Co-Founder of the House of Caesars

I do not know... And I am leaving now so the answer is gonna be a little belated...

Quote Originally Posted by MoROmeTe the Dacian
    Keep it simple:

a.Prawns and avocado salad
    b.chicken breast stuffed with herbs and real mozarella
    c.fried bananas with tequila chocolate

It is much easier than it seems.

Shopping:
    Prawns or shrimps peeled half kilo
    2 ripe avocados
    Plain full fat yoghourt
    mayonese
    2 chicken breasts
    real mozarella (the stuff in water)
    basil oregano rosemary parsley coriander
    olive oil, or butter
    a few lemons
    dark milkless chocolate
    yellow tequila.

Peel avocados.Cut in cubes.Splash some lemon.
    Fry prawns for no more than 15' with a tiny bit of butter or olive oil.
    Mix 3 large spoons of yoghourt with 1 mayonese
    Arrange the aocados on a platter or shallow bowl, prawns on top, sauce on top of it.
    Important:Grated lemon peel on top of everything else.Put in fridge.
    Cut breasts in the middle insert slices of mozarella and as many herbs as you can stuff.Salt and pepper to taste.
    Bake in tinfoil pocket (aluminium paper) in the oven (180c) with a dash of oil or butter. (1h30m)
    Slice bananas lengthwise.Ok peel them first.Fry in butter so both sides become crispy, put aside.
    Place all the chocolate and 2 shots of Tequila in a shallow pan.Place the pan over a large pot of boiling water until the plot thickens.
    Pour the thick result over the bananas. Decorate with basil leaves, or even a dollup of sour, or double cream.

Hope that helped...

Obi Wan Asterix's Avatar IN MEDIO STAT VIRTUS
    Somewhere in a lost valley in the Italian Alps

Garbarsardar may I add to your cookbook my recipes? Like for Potato Pancackes?
    All are welcome to relax at Asterix's Campagnian Villa with its Vineyard and Scotchbarrel
    Prefer to stay at home? Try Asterix's Megamamoth FM2010 Update
    Progeny of the retired Great Acutulus (If you know who he is you have been at TWC too long) and wooer of fine wombs to spawn 21 curial whining snotslingers and be an absentee daddy to them

Longest Serving Staff Member of TWC under 3 Imperators** 1st Speaker of the House ** Original RTR Team Member (until 3.2) ** Knight of Saint John ** RNJ, Successors, & Punic Total War Team Member

TROM 3 Team - Founder of Ken no Jikan **** Back with a modding vengeance! Yes I will again promise to take on the work of 5 mods and dissapear!

Quote Originally Posted by Asterix
    Garbarsardar may I add to your cookbook my recipes? Like for Potato Pancackes?
    Absolutely!!! I will be honoured (me AND the salivating lurkers)

Nihil's Avatar Annihilationist

My stomach and I are pleased to report that Adana kebab was a glorious success. Hooray! The spiciness collides with the cool flavours of the tzatziki to produce a most stimulating education for my palate. Instead of onions and parsley, I served it with a mix of peas, sweetcorn, peppers, carrots and onion all fried briefly together in soy sauce, and it worked rather nicely.

I wonder what delicacy from the cookbook I should conjure up next weekend?
    Ex Nihilo, Nihil Fit.
    Acting Paterfamilias of House Rububula
    Former Patron of the retired Atheist Peace
    Current Lineup: Jesus The Inane, PacSubCom, Last Roman, Evariste, I Have a Clever Name, Gabriella26, Markas and Katrina

I can't really cook to save my life (in fact I can, but I really don't have the time) but I have done a bit of beverage mixing in my life. I did not do it aer recipes but rather freelancing and seeing what goes with what. My friends like what I make them drink. So, would Garb let me have the honour to supllement with a few drinks receipes his delicious meals?

Disclaimer: Each and all the negative effects of drinking my concotions are not imputable to me but rather to the drinker...

Quote Originally Posted by MoROmeTe the Dacian
    I can't really cook to save my life (in fact I can, but I really don't have the time) but I have done a bit of beverage mixing in my life. I did not do it aer recipes but rather freelancing and seeing what goes with what. My friends like what I make them drink. So, would Garb let me have the honour to supllement with a few drinks receipes his delicious meals?

Disclaimer: Each and all the negative effects of drinking my concotions are not imputable to me but rather to the drinker...

The honour is all mine.

@Nihil:good job! we should use the ingredients at our disposal, as often as possible. There are no certainities in cooking as opposed to politics...
    Give me 24h and I'll come up with a guiness rarity. Are you in Dublin?

OK! Nice and simple for starters...

A Beer Cannon

Any blond beer will do, better to have a strong one (250 ml)
    A sort of Coke related beverage (Coca Cola is best)
    A little sugar and maybe a bit of lemon (higly optional)

You take a high class, put the beer in, then add the Coke to fill it up. Get a bit of sugar on the sides of the glass and maybe a few drops of lemon juice in it. After the first few sips one should add more Coke to the mix, which will slowly become a long drink.

Care should be exercized when drinking it, as it has been known to put people under the table quite fast.
    Last edited by MoROmeTe; October 21, 2005 at 08:42 AM.

Nihil's Avatar Annihilationist

Quote Originally Posted by Garbarsardar
    Give me 24h and I'll come up with a guiness rarity. Are you in Dublin?
    I sure am. I am no great friend of guinness (sacrilege, I know), but I'll try anything once.
    Ex Nihilo, Nihil Fit.
    Acting Paterfamilias of House Rububula
    Former Patron of the retired Atheist Peace
    Current Lineup: Jesus The Inane, PacSubCom, Last Roman, Evariste, I Have a Clever Name, Gabriella26, Markas and Katrina

Believe it or not, I hate beer. The only pint I had in 6 years in the UK was...not in the UK but in Dublin. I had to try Guiness, and I have to say it was not bad.

But now when it comes to cooking with Guiness, well it can be surprisingly errr...surprising.

OTOH I'm going to try MoromeTe's idea immediately, since it streches credibility to the point of being interesting...