Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415

Thread: Garbarsardar's cookbook

General Brewster's Avatar The Flying Dutchman
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Garbarsardar's cookbook

So any one got a real good recipe for chicken ?

Obi Wan Asterix's Avatar IN MEDIO STAT VIRTUS
    Somewhere in a lost valley in the Italian Alps

Quote Originally Posted by General Brewster View Post
    So any one got a real good recipe for chicken ?
    Hi! Simple and good recipe,very simple except for ingridients.

Marinate the chicken or chicken pieces in very little (2 tsp) of olive mixed with lemon (2 tsp) and garlic (2-3 cloves), and sambal olek (salty Southeastasian Chile)... don't extra salt. Its a quick marinade but off course left at least overnight for good results, but brings effect even if you don't leave it.

Add 2-3 peeled 1 inch rubarb stalk slices to the mix and roast on high in your oven... time depending on the piece but at least 30 minutes. Delicious and simple.
    All are welcome to relax at Asterix's Campagnian Villa with its Vineyard and Scotchbarrel
    Prefer to stay at home? Try Asterix's Megamamoth FM2010 Update
    Progeny of the retired Great Acutulus (If you know who he is you have been at TWC too long) and wooer of fine wombs to spawn 21 curial whining snotslingers and be an absentee daddy to them

Longest Serving Staff Member of TWC under 3 Imperators** 1st Speaker of the House ** Original RTR Team Member (until 3.2) ** Knight of Saint John ** RNJ, Successors, & Punic Total War Team Member

TROM 3 Team - Founder of Ken no Jikan **** Back with a modding vengeance! Yes I will again promise to take on the work of 5 mods and dissapear!

Blog Entries

Is it possible without the sambal? I can't tolerate hot spicy stuff in my mouth sadly

Anyways thanks asterix !

Obi Wan Asterix's Avatar IN MEDIO STAT VIRTUS
    Somewhere in a lost valley in the Italian Alps

Quote Originally Posted by General Brewster View Post
    Is it possible without the sambal? I can't tolerate hot spicy stuff in my mouth sadly

Anyways thanks asterix !
    Take a cup of lemon and 6 tablespoons of sweet paprika and 2 teaspoons of salt instead

Make sure your sweet Paprika is fresh and has not been aired out

Alternativelly skip the paprika and cover the beastbird with Sesame oil or Tahina (if you must peanut butter is great with a bit of lemon and chocolate but it burns easily so you need to "keep it moist")
    All are welcome to relax at Asterix's Campagnian Villa with its Vineyard and Scotchbarrel
    Prefer to stay at home? Try Asterix's Megamamoth FM2010 Update
    Progeny of the retired Great Acutulus (If you know who he is you have been at TWC too long) and wooer of fine wombs to spawn 21 curial whining snotslingers and be an absentee daddy to them

Longest Serving Staff Member of TWC under 3 Imperators** 1st Speaker of the House ** Original RTR Team Member (until 3.2) ** Knight of Saint John ** RNJ, Successors, & Punic Total War Team Member

TROM 3 Team - Founder of Ken no Jikan **** Back with a modding vengeance! Yes I will again promise to take on the work of 5 mods and dissapear!

Blog Entries

Going to try this out tomorrow for dinner From my wife and me thank you !

Gaius Baltar's Avatar Old gods die hard
    Blog Entries

Easy Short Ribs

1. Rack of ribs, could be pork or beef.
    2. Sea Salt - I'm a little generous with this and its really all to your own individual taste.
    3. Cajun Seasoning - same as above.
    4. Olive oil - spend some money here don't get the cheap stuff.
    5. Real butter - I use Land-o-Lakes but whatever fits your taste and budget.

Preparation:
    Step 1: Clean and cut ribs to fit pan.
    Step 2: Rub ribs with sea salt. Go ahead and get the back side as well. Personally I prefer a nice crust but measure out what you are comfortable with.
    Step 3: Sprinkle with Cajun seasoning. Again, use the amount you like. Some Cajun mixes are spicier than others. I prefer mine a little more spicy.
    Step 4: Drizzle with olive oil.
    Step 5: Throw in some butter on the free sides and on top of the ribs. Be generous.

Cooking:
    Step 1: Cover pan with aluminum foil.
    Step 2: Heat oven to 350.
    Step 3: Put dem ribs in da oven!
    Step 4: Cook at indicated temperature for 90-120 minutes.
    Step 5: Remove aluminum foil and brown for 30 minutes.

Enjoy! I cant tell you what or which barbecue sauce to use, lately I have been using the North Carolina mustard style sauce which is a little smokey, a little sweet and a little spicy. . A cold beverage often compliments this particular presentation.

​​
    Pillaging and Plundering since 2006

The House of Baltar

Neither is this the dawn from the east, nor is a dragon flying above, nor are the gables of this hall aflame. Nay, mortal enemies approach in ready armour. Ravens are calling, wolves are howling, spear clashes and shield answers