Thread: 50 people will download TATW if you help!

Evan MF's Avatar Vicarius

Icon4 50 people will download TATW if you help!

Hi All,

I have been advertising TATW to a clan of guys I play on RTW with. MAny have taken a keen interest in the works of the legendary King Kong and his team. However some are having trouble getting the mod and are all asking questions to me on what is wrong.

I need some of your expert advice and help on these issues. I think these are common problems that appear on the forum, but I have not the time or patience to go delving into past threads, the bugs section or the FAQs.

Anyways here is the list of problems players are experiencing try to get this great mod and even with MTW2 itself: (these are also problems with the game MTW2 itself)

-After installing MTW2 the player tried to test Multiplayer (without TATW yet) and the game crashes and says that he has not got the right disk.

-A player downloaded the Mod and when he installed it, it destroyed the game files and messed up alot of his PC, are there any known bogus sites with TATW which are actually viruses?

-A player downloaded the mod and right when the download mark hit 99% the download crashed.

-Some players can't even download the mod at all because when they try it does not start the download.

-A player has downloaded the mod and thinks he has put it in the right place but cannot play the game.

There are some of the problems and I would love it if you guys would give some helpful feedback on the problems these people are having.

And imagine how much larger the TATW fanbase would become if they could just start playing the mod!

Regards,

Evan

Icon11 Re: 50 people will download TATW if you help!

Already an idea for the cause of some of these problems is dawning on me....have these players got Kingdoms?

But still I want your feedback

Evan

ackrite26's Avatar Miles

Default Re: 50 people will download TATW if you help!

There have been a lot of problems with the dl links for the various TATW patches. Best bet would be if you could host them on a site Evan and give them a private dl link?
    ......................................................................................
    """""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Quote Originally Posted by Evan MF View Post
    Hi All,

I have been advertising TATW to a clan of guys I play on RTW with. MAny have taken a keen interest in the works of the legendary King Kong and his team. However some are having trouble getting the mod and are all asking questions to me on what is wrong.

I need some of your expert advice and help on these issues. I think these are common problems that appear on the forum, but I have not the time or patience to go delving into past threads, the bugs section or the FAQs.

Anyways here is the list of problems players are experiencing try to get this great mod and even with MTW2 itself: (these are also problems with the game MTW2 itself)

-After installing MTW2 the player tried to test Multiplayer (without TATW yet) and the game crashes and says that he has not got the right disk.

-A player downloaded the Mod and when he installed it, it destroyed the game files and messed up alot of his PC, are there any known bogus sites with TATW which are actually viruses?

-A player downloaded the mod and right when the download mark hit 99% the download crashed.

-Some players can't even download the mod at all because when they try it does not start the download.

-A player has downloaded the mod and thinks he has put it in the right place but cannot play the game.

There are some of the problems and I would love it if you guys would give some helpful feedback on the problems these people are having.

And imagine how much larger the TATW fanbase would become if they could just start playing the mod!

Regards,

Evan
    Try the torrent, it will be faster when you are many

If you have Kingdoms and install the wrong 1.5 patch eg the gold version instead of the vanilla Kingdoms patch. You will get the wrong disk message so that could be one of your problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex-ander View Post
    If you have Kingdoms and install the wrong 1.5 patch eg the gold version instead of the vanilla Kingdoms patch. You will get the wrong disk message so that could be one of your problems.
    Gold version works fine.

What if they got the game from steam?