Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: HISTORIANS: Map regions, provinces, resources...

phoenix[illusion]'s Avatar Palman Bracht

Default HISTORIANS: Map regions, provinces, resources...

So this is how does map look in Tsardoms
    I need historians who can tell me which faction had which territory, need it for Tsardoms, i've been working some things on mod folder with Adnan

blank picture

With some factions

It's not totally filled. If somebody could help and fill it all.

and also resources. which province had high resources and what kind of?
    long time no see, but still twc drug kickin'
    check out Tsardoms: Total War!
    Under patronage of respectable Annaeus
    Patron of honorable Giacomo Colonna

Default Re: HISTORIANS: Map regions, provinces, resources...

These are the factions

1. Kingdom of Hungary - Magyar Kiralysag

2. Kingdom of Naples - Regnum Siciliae

3. Republic of Venice - Serenissima Republica Veneta

4. Knights of Rhodes (Knights of St.John) - Ordo Fratrum Hospitalis Sancti Ioannis Hierosolymitan

5. Archduchy of Austria (the House of Hapsburg) - Herzogtum Osterreich/Haus Hapsburg

6. Kingdom of Trinacria (island of Sicily) - Regnum Trinacriae

7. Tsardom of Serbia - Carstvo Srblem

8.. Tsardom of Bulgaria - Balgarsko Carstvo

9. Byzantine Empire - Basileia ton Rhomaion

10. Principality of Wallachia - Teara Rumaneasca

12. Ottoman Empire - Devlet-i Aliyye-i Osmaniyye

13. Karamanid Emirate - Karamanogullari Beyliki

14. Ragusa or Archaea

15. Banate of Bosnia - Banovina Bosna

16. Florence - Firenze

17. Principality of Moldova - Teara Moldovei
    Last edited by phoenix[illusion]; January 18, 2010 at 09:07 AM.

NikeBG's Avatar Sampsis

Drastar should be part of Bulgaria. The Varna region is the so-called independent "Principality of Karvuna" (or "Third Bulgaria"), which would be a rebel in TW terms (but only after 1371, Tsar Ivan Alexander's death).

alien_t's Avatar В Съединението е Силата

About resources...
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_...Empire#Economy

Economy

The Medieval Bulgarian economy did not differ much from the other Eastern European states and relied mainly on agriculture, mining, traditional crafts and trade.

Agriculture

The main agricultural regions of the country were the Danubian plain and Thrace. The most widespread grains were wheat, barley and millet. From the 13th century the importance of vegetables, orchards and grapes grew.[14] The main wine-producing areas were the Black Sea coast, along the Struma, southern Macedonia. Livestock breeding was well developed. There were many sheep, pigs and cattle[15]. The pastures were divided into two groups: winter pastures (valleys) and summer pastures (mountains). In the 14th century apiculture and sericulture became profitable branches.[16]
    The dense forests were also divided into two types: woods for cutting (бранища) and fenced forests (забели) in which cutting was banned.[17]

Metallurgy and crafts

The 12th-14th centuries gave a strong impetus to metallurgy and mining. Bulgarian smiths produced hammers, pliers, axes, saws, looms; different arms and armours. In the 13th century Saxon miners, who made ore extracting more efficient and introduced new mining methods, arrived in western Bulgaria. They inhabited mainly the regions of Chiprovtsi and Kyustendil. There used to be gold mines in the Eastern Rhodopes.
    About 50 different types of handicraft were known in Medieval Bulgaria, the most important being leathermaking, shoemaking, carpentry, weaving; production of food and drinks (bread, butter, cheese, wine). Vast quantity of catapults, battering-rams and other siege equipment were made, and the army had skilled siege engineers.[18] The main centres were the capital Tarnovo, Cherven[19], Sofia (copper)[20].
    Bulgaria: Total War - Mod For M2TW
    Check my Turnovo, custom settlement video preview or download it here
    Under the Honorable Patronage of B. Ward

"...We are Bulgarians and and all suffer from one common disease [e.g., the Ottoman rule]" and "Our task is not to shed the blood of Bulgarians, of those who belong to the same people that we serve" - Gotse Delchev, Collective memory, national identity, and ethnic conflict: Greece, Bulgaria, and the Macedonian question, Victor Roudometof, Greenwood Publishing Group, 2002, ISBN 0275976483, p. 79.

"The Bulgarians, these are the people, who had everything they wished for. A nation, where the one who buys the nobility with the blood of the enemy receives titles..." - Magnus Felix Ennodius, description of battle at Margus
    (Morava) river 505 AD

Quote Originally Posted by NikeBG View Post
    Drastar should be part of Bulgaria. The Varna region is the so-called independent "Principality of Karvuna" (or "Third Bulgaria"), which would be a rebel in TW terms (but only after 1371, Tsar Ivan Alexander's death).
    so Varna was bulgarian in 1345/46?
    what should rebels be named after?

this is the final version of some factions

need real help with wallachia and moldova

Nice to see this although i have a quistion: are the settelments permanent cause i see alot of settelment in present day hungary , serbia, bosnie but rather few in greece, turkey, italia, ukraine and sicilia

On regions : Hungary is easy just ask magyar team seems like they really know everything you need to know about hungary and the bordering regions.

Also i dont think drastar needs a port. I would make varna the region that borders constantinopel. So i would make varna a small but long province.

Also in 1346 there are some errors faction wise in the province of greece the ilands and turkey il post them later

This is how i should do some space.(rather badly drawn bye me )

Black: the kingdom of naples
    Bleu: Venice (look at durazzo and methon)
    Green: Byz/Romans (look at philadelphia in antolinia)
    Yellow: Ottomans
    Red: Genua
    Grey: Knights of St John (look at smyrna)
    Purple: Ducy of Athens (to catalans)
    Ather Green: Principality of Achaea

Note: The iland Chios went to genoa in 1346 same for Lesbos

Last edited by firekiller; January 18, 2010 at 11:29 AM.

NikeBG's Avatar Sampsis

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix[illusion] View Post
    so Varna was bulgarian in 1345/46?
    what should rebels be named after?
    In 1345/46 - yes. Though I don't understand your second question.
    As for the resources, there's a good research based on Western European narrative sources here, but it's on Bulgarian. I've made a short summary of a part of it for my research for one M&B mod (Europe 1200), if you're interested in checking its copy (note that I'm mentioning only the settlements and resources of that mod, so it may not be as useful for you):
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Resources (info gathered from a professional and very detailed research, however based only on Western contemporary sources, thus focusing a bit more on the eastern regions nearer the coast)
    Cereals (wheat, barley, millet etc, respectively also flour, bread): Very high production in all of Bulgaria (basically, most foreign travellers from that time speak of the Balkan lands as extremely fruitful and plentiful of crops and animals), especially in northern Bulgaria, but the best quality wheat was from Varna and Dobrudzha (in our case – Karvuna and Drastar and their villages). The wheat from Macedonia (Melnik, Strumitsa, Prosek) was also famous, especially the one sold at Thessaloniki (for the Byzantines).
    Grapes (and wine): Byzantine Thrace (around Philippopolis), the Black Sea coast.
    Fruits (apples etc): Thrace
    Stock-breeding: All of the land, but especially in the mountainous areas for the sheep. There was a large amount of sheep and cattle found in Boruy (during one crusade), but also should be in Stanimaka and Tsepina and their villages. Pigs should be found especially in the Belgrade region and northern Bulgaria. Tarnovgrad at that time was also famous for its stud farm for battle horses.
    Apiculture (honey, mead, wax): All of the land, but especially in northern Bulgaria (around Tarnovo) and the Black Sea coast. The “Cera Zagora” wax (Zagora was a Western name for Bulgaria) was of the highest quality in Europe at that time and was one of the main Bulgarian exports (as well as the wheat).
    Fish: Black Sea and Danubian coasts
    Salt: Black Sea coast (Karvuna, Ovech, also other Byzantine settlements like Mesembria, Sozopol, Agatopol etc)
    Linen and cotton: Especially in Macedonia (Velbazhd and the Strumitsa area)
    Silk: Throughout the whole land, but probably centered around Tarnovo (reportedly with very high quality)
    Furs: Especially in the areas of Varna (in our case Karvuna), Bdin and Belgrade.
    Mining: Large deposits of gold were mined in the Rhodopes region (around Stanimaka), which was one of the main gold-mining areas of the empire (especially around Perperikon), but gold was mined in large quantities also near Sofia (in our case – Sredets). Silver and iron deposits were found mostly in the mountains like the Balkans (Krun-Boruy), Rhodopes (Stanimaka-Tsepina), Macedonian mountains (Velbazhd) and the ones near Sredets.

@firekiller
    map is good, but ottomans' and byzantine provinces are not right. i am pretty sure about that as i read for ottomans, and byzantine lost Arta, Ber and Larisa later in about 1347/48.
    and tnx for advice

@NikeBG
    My question was: what would be the name of the rebels?
    tnx very much, it'll help me a lot

NikeBG's Avatar Sampsis

What rebels? If you mean the ones which would later become independent in modern Dobrudzha (your Varna province) - Despot Dobrotitsa (after whom the region of Dobrudzha was named (by the Turks)) and his son and successor Ivanko. By 1345/46 they were still fully under the sovereignty of Tsar Ioan Alexander and the acting despot in the region, Balik.

Well philadelphia should be under byz control from the begin see below:
    (wiki source)

The Fall of Philadelphia marked the fall of the last independent Christian Greek settlement in western Asia Minor to the Islamic Turks of the Ottoman Sultanate. Ironically, the besieging army included a contingent from the Byzantine Empire, which was a vassal of the Ottomans.
    Prior to its fall, the city had evaded the fate of her neighbours by paying tribute to the numerous fanatical ghazis, whose bands robbed and pillaged any who did not pay protection money (Jizya), although the city was not officially under Islamic law. In theory, the city was under the Byzantine Empire, but cut off by a sea of hostile land ensured that in reality the city remained independent.
    In 1378 Manuel II Palaiologos promised to hand over the city of Philadelphia to the Turks in return for the Ottoman Sultan's aid in a disastrous Byzantine civil war. However, the Philladelphians appeared to have refused surrender, since it was not until 1390 that Bayezid summoned the two leaders of the civil war, John VII and Manuel II and ordered them to accompany the besieging force. The city was taken by the Turks that year.

Also chios en lesbos where byz from start (made mistake cause in 1346 they where genoese but in 1345 still roman) Lesbos to byz 1339 to genoa: 1346 Chios: byz 1339 to genua 1346

Well my sources say that the ottomans where there before the game starts, also wikipedia says this (not my source but east to copy.)

The fall of Gallipoli to the Ottomans occurred in March of 1354. After suffering a half-century of a string of defeats at the hands of the Ottomans, the Byzantines had lost nearly all of their possessions in Anatolia. Access to the Aegean and MarMara meant that the Ottomans could now implement the conquest of the Peloponnese, Greece and further north into Serbia and Hungary.

Occupation
    During the Byzantine civil war of 1352-1354, Turkish mercenaries, allied with the emperor John VI Kantakouzenos plundered most of Byzantine Thrace and in 1352 occupied the small fortress of Tzympe, near Gallipoli. In March 2, 1354, the area was struck by an earthquake destroying hundreds of villages and towns in the area.[1] Nearly every building was destroyed in Gallipoli which caused the Greek inhabitants to vacate the city. Within a month, the son of Ottoman Sultan Orhan I, Suleiman brought three thousand troops and any Turkish families that he could find from Asia, occupied the city and made it into a major stronghold within a few months.
    [edit] Aftermath

Kantakouzenos offered cash payments to Orchan to vacate the city, to which he refused, claiming that he could not give up something that was granted to him by Allah and that he did not take by force.[2] Panic spread throughout Constantinople as many believed that the Turks would soon be coming for the city itself. Because of this, Kantakouzenos' position became unstable and was overthrown in November of 1354.[3]
    Gallipoli was to become as major bridgehead into Europe to which they could facilitate further expansion into Europe.[4] In less than ten years, nearly all of Byzantine Thrace fell to the Turks, including the fall of Adrianople in 1361.[5]

it is up to you ofcourse
    Last edited by firekiller; January 19, 2010 at 10:04 AM.

Pheonix, good luck in modding the TTW, man!

In your map presented here, there are 2 minor mistakes:
    -you should spell it is spelled Targoviste (Tārgovişte with romanian diactritical marks), not Tragoviste, see the link here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T%C3%A2rgovi%C5%9Fte
    -Targul Moldovei (Tārg Moldovei), not Targul Moldover.

You should make more regions in Moldavia. Chears!

Quote Originally Posted by speedyvm View Post
    Pheonix, good luck in modding the TTW, man!

In your map presented here, there are 2 minor mistakes:
    -you should spell it is spelled Targoviste (Tārgovişte with romanian diactritical marks), not Tragoviste, see the link here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T%C3%A2rgovi%C5%9Fte
    -Targul Moldovei (Tārg Moldovei), not Targul Moldover.

You should make more regions in Moldavia. Chears!
    could you please draw on the map where should moldavia be. tnx

The_Bulgar_Slayer's Avatar Biarchus

The Byzantine provinces in Pheonix's second map are about right. In 1345 they still controlled Thrace, Thessalonika, Thessaly, nearly all of Epirus, Morea, and most northern and eastern Aegean islands. Serrhai should actually start the game under siege by Dushan's Serbian army. However, Attaliea was not under imperial administration and should remain rebel while Cyprus was taken over by Richard the Lionheart and ruled by decendants of Guy of Jerusalam and therefore is also not Byzantine. The remaining Byzantine lands in Anatolia, primarily Philadelphia, were too small and insignificant to warrant a current province (unless a new one was added with Philadephia as the city). The Byantines were also in a civil war in 1345 so their provinces would be divided between the two factions, with Constantinople as the capital of one and Didimoteixo as the captial of the other.

Interestingly, the Knights of St John with Venetian and papal help captured Izmir (Smyrna) at this time and could actually start with an army laying siege and a Venetian fleet blockading the port.

Official Byzantine Historian for Tzardoms:Total War

Hmm, I'm not sure if this map followed my advice for the mod but here are my suggestions anyway regarding the Romanian regions. I will start off with the easiest changes and then proceed to the hardest changes.

Wallachia's territory needs to be expanded to include Cāmpulung. This was actually the first capital of Wallachia (from 1300 to 1320, about) and it is really bad to not have it be part of the principality. I know the ideas may originally have been for balance purposes but I think it is important to put this region under Wallachian control.

Transylvania needs to be restructured. It is very strange that Hermannstadt controls more territory than the actual capital of the voievodship, being Alba Iulia. My suggestion is to divide the land as shown above.
    The regions need to be renamed as well:
    Hermannstadt - Burzenland
    Gyulafehervar (I suggest Alba, the Latin name, but the Hungarian one is also good) - Transylvania

Alright, now the section which needs the most work:

Moldavia needs to be completely redivided, as I looked into this a fair bit and our division system currently makes no sense. By reading several chronicles and looking at this map we can remake the regions. Basically, looking at the map it goes as follows (city positions remarked as necessary):
    Red Region
    Khotin - Pokutia. most of its northern territory goes to Haylich. This region was at one point controlled by Moldavia and it did not extent so far north. It is important to represent the size of the region as is historically accurate.
    Blue Region
    Suceava - Ţara de Sus.
    Yellow Region
    Iaşi - Ţara de Jos
    Violet Region
    Cetatea Alba (Kilia is too exposed) - Basarabia

GOOD NEWS: Overall the number of regions and cities is unchanged for these regions, which is a really big bonus. It's just a matter of changing names, borders, and city positions.
    Last edited by Romano-Dacis; January 23, 2010 at 08:58 AM.

@romano
    sry, but this was the old map that duce did. we don't have newest folder, cause he didn't upload it. so we have to do mod folder from begging.
    tnx for help, i'll change it right away

@romano
    sry, but this was the old map that duce did. we don't have newest folder, cause he didn't upload it. so we have to do mod folder from begging.
    tnx for help, i'll change it right away
    My pleasure, my friend.

so, as these town names are not correct, could someone please correct every town,, it's name and province.
    i already have some corrected, those that romano wrote me.

Agree with Romano, very well done!

NikeBG's Avatar Sampsis

so, as these town names are not correct, could someone please correct every town,, it's name and province.
    i already have some corrected, those that romano wrote me.
    For the Bulgarian town names I'd "correct" only Badin to Bdin, which is the usual English transcription of its medieval name (though Badin is also not really incorrect, especially if you write it as Bădin (the ъ transliteration by ISO 9), which might eventually cause problems in the game).
    The other correction is in the location of Varna. You've placed it on the site of modern day Kavarna, while on this map you can see its actual position.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast