Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415

Thread: Roz's Beta 0.70 2TPY/PSF/all town/ mod for RC/RR compilation with stone fort installer.

Gorrrrrn's Avatar Citizen

Default Re: Roz's Beta 0.70 2TPY/PSF/all town/ mod for RC/RR compilation with stone fort installer.

SS6.4 has new buildings
    a new RC/RR will bring in new units
    yes some of the SS6.3 RozMod can be used but you'll then still have to go through and change all the unit allocations for buildings, work out how to rebalance everything etc.
    probably easier and less confusing to start from scratch.

your welcome to tinker with the files, but I'm on an extended break from modding for now, so won't be updating this for RC/RR.

(you may find the new CHIP megamod of interest as that will include some aspects of RozMod - but again the alltowns part will probably need to wait until after
    the main mod has been released.)

Sadly there are fewer people playing SS these days - I was effectively being expected to produce customised software for individuals - not cost/time/effort efficient.

Default Re: Roz's Beta 0.70 2TPY/PSF/all town/ mod for RC/RR compilation with stone fort installer.

Are there really that many fewer people playing SS compared to a year ago? Compared to 2008 when MTW2 isn't as old sure... but at least by forum views and threads the number seems not to have decreased huge amount. Still... using your free time to make something else only 1 or 2 people will enjoy gets old. I'll eat cold leftovers for a meal for myself but if I have guests coming I'll make more effort to cook sort of thing.

If Meneth takes over most of the AllTowns bandwagon maybe Gracul will be convinced its a good basis for final versions of SS and then you'll have a nice legacy even if you never mod again.

Gorrrrrn's Avatar Citizen

If Meneth takes over most of the AllTowns bandwagon maybe Gracul will be convinced its a good basis for final versions of SS and then you'll have a nice legacy even if you never mod again.
    I can't see all towns ever becoming standard for Stainless Steel. It was done, like a lot of my modding to see if it could be done and how it works and to make something different.
    Having done it twice another time would be repeating myself. But if other people find it enjoyable then they are welcome to take it further.

I'm resting from major modding - did a little update to the roz minimod pack to deal with a particular problem.
    Been Messing around with a 6TPY version of SS to see if that would work. Might be helpful if Iwe ever get the wars of the roses mod up and running as L2S seems keen on
    something like a 6TPY game - got it to stop recruiting for the human player for winter OK but needs a more restrictive EDU so I can run the disband units in winter type script.

(Units would be divided into :
    household retinue/retainers - full-timers trained and upgradable;
    mercenaries available in limited numbers all year;
    garrison troops - for siege scripts and to guarantee some sort of units in towns in winter - experienced;
    seasonal militia /levy troops you recruit in spring but which are disbanded every winter - relatively inexperienced and less-well equipped.)

you can do that with a WotR game as the range of units available is so limited, you can duplicate them with different attributes so they appear and disappear when required.

but that'll have to wait a few months I expect.